1. andersonkyle

andersonkyle New Member

Theory of Looping Dimensions

Discussion in 'Research' started by andersonkyle, Nov 3, 2008.

Okay, I was in school when i did this one. Infact I seem to be doing most of my pieces during free periods or boring periods. Anyway this is not really a story rather a concept but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it so here it is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly speaking about human nature, one can hardly predict what turn it may take. Even the most predictable of men behave in ways which we are unable to understand. Often these unnatural behavior surprises or shocks us, but that is only because our minds are far too mundane to grasp the wonder of the ever changing universe, ever changing life and eve changing destiny. The world id not stable and neither is life. We are held together by very weak bonds which may shatter at any moment, leaving us in a highly concentrated mass of particles in an unimaginably small space which would house the reconstructed super force of gravity, electromagnetism, strong nuclear force and weak nuclear force. This then might once again decay and release the particles in a massive explosion, resulting in the formation of a new universe. Sounds familiar? It is.

You have probably fathomed that I am speaking of the creation of a new universe by the event of a second Big Bang. But the question is, is it really the SECOND Big Bang? Might it not be the THIRD, the FOURTH or the INFINITE? For if time is eternal then why not there be infinite creation and destruction?

They say that space is not infinite. It has its limits, its edges. If a traveler were to journey through space linearly, he would be brought back(after a few centillion years) to his initial starting position in space. This shows that the edges lead to loops. Space has looped back the traveler to his starting position. If space is based on infinite dimensions, then why not they all be in finite loops? Why may not they all behave like our three primary dimensions? And if thats the case, then why not time, which is sometimes called as the fourth dimension, be in finite loops too, instead of being an infinite and eternal dimension?

So in that case it would not be farfetched to state that the Big Bang occurs in loops. Loops in which a new civilization takes a new turn. And each time that one is near to fathoming the mysteries of looping dimensions, and perhaps put a stop to it, destruction occurs, re-affirming the loop and restarting the chains of fate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mind you these are just a few wild theories I'm throwing about. I just have a simple request. Don't only think of this post as a piece of writing but also pay attention the scientific angle give feedback. If this piece gets enough positive feedback then I might just post the next one which continues my line of thought. Oh well seeya.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

As you say, this isn't a story, but rather a concept to be used in developing a plot. I was about to critique it as "Infodump, infodump, infodump!" until I saw your closing paragraph.

This kind of discussion usually goes into Writing Issues -> Plot Creation -> Research. Give the word, and I'll move it there.

3. AlecSinanoski

AlecSinanoski New Member

I've set your mistake in Bold, as you can see, it's far from proper grammar.
    It should have been written like this: Often these unnatural behavior surprises shock us. Not because it wasn't a good idea to write it, but because it's not written properly.

You are beggining a new sentence, with new facts and information, but putting a coma instead of a period suggests you're still talking about the same Topic, which gives the reader the idea that to "put a stop to it", "destruction occurs".
    See what I mean? Set a period instead of a coma after "stop to it,".

It would be better if you hadn't put a period after 'Infinite' because you're still on topic, and that isn't really a full sentence. It 'could' have been written like this:
    They say that space is not infinite; it has it's limits and it's edges.

Is that even a real number? Anyways, it's always good to make up some words to add emotion and realism to your story but always make sure the reader knows what you are talking about, even if it suggests the same idea. But it's okay.

"which is sometimes called as the fouth dimension" should be in brackets, because you're adding a sub fact that explains your previous statement, or description of the previous statement (or word).

Capitalized words do show more emotion and exactly how specific you want to be with this fact, but if you were to turn this into a Book you would not use THIRD or FOURTH or INFINITE in such a way. Not capitalized (is what I mean).

It's great though, I have many theories myself!

4. andersonkyle

andersonkyle New Member

alec, centillion means 10 to the power 300, and it is a real no. and cognito, sure thing, move it.