1. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

The Fall of Terrafel Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Forgotten_Memories, Jun 25, 2011.

Okay guys, here is the extra info! :)

Edit: I've edited information about the elves, dark elves, demonic and rune magic - please read! Also, I forgot to mention, but it would be nice if you could PM me with your character before you post it, just so I can approve it. Thanks!

Races:

Humans:

They are egocentric and discriminative to all but the dwarves, because the two aid each other at being at the forefront of technological advancement in Terrafel. A monarch, King Samien Mittas, whose castle overlooks the capital city of Termir, governs the humans.

Capital city: Termir

Dwarves:

The dwarves live in the north of Terrafel, in the mountains. They are known for their mining and industrial iron and steel factories. They keep good relations with the humans and are run by The Council of Iron, which is comprised of four lords – the Lord of War, Lord of Justice, Lord of Merchants, and the Lord of Excavation. There is also a fifth, unofficial lord – the Lord of Crime.

Elves:

Elves live to be three hundred to four hundred years of age. They come from the island Atarandor, which is to the south of Terrafel. Dragons ravaged their island more than one thousand years ago, forcing the survivors to flee to the closest land. They ended up on Terrafel, where the dragons had originated. Fueled by hatred, the elves made it their goal to destroy them all, and when they finally did, they ran into even greater trouble – the humans. Not wanting to risk war against their newly found neighbours, the elves kept their distance from the humans. The only time they allied was during the battles of Bethrod, Gul, and Sykis, where they taught the humans the power of healing magic.

Capital city: Kalina
    Island of Origination: Atarandor

Dark Elves:

The dark elves used to be elves until a selfish few united with Sykis, who promised them greater power and experimented on them using demonic magic, attempting to create night warriors. He gave them ultra-vision (the ability to see at night), but it didn’t work exactly as intended. Their skin became a dark blue-ish colour, and while their vision became as good during night as it was during the day, sunlight burnt off their retinas and made them blind. This is why the dark elves now live only in the deepest, most dense parts of the woods, and if they travel during the day they wear blindfolds.

They now hate Sykis for what he has done to them, and rarely make contact with the rest of the world either, because of the way they are perceived. They stick together and are compassionate with each other, but hate the rest of the world.

Capital city: Korko Village

Half Elves:

Half elves are the offspring of humans and elves. There aren’t that many of them, and they have mixed features and immeasurable lifespans. The elves don't want anything to do with half elves because they don't want anything to do with humans. So, half elves mainly live among the humans, where they are discriminated against for being part elvish.

Capital city: N/A

Half Giants:

The humans wiped out the giants because they deemed them to be a nuisance. However, half giants are the result of human/giant breeding. The humans do tolerate them, because they’re only about eight to ten feet tall and are used for manual labour. Half giants are also very heavily used for criminal activity, such as an assassination – not quiet assassins, but assassins nonetheless.

Half giants that are free (not in crime or slave labour), tend to live amidst the hills as hermits, or in lightly forested areas. They are gentle in nature - as were giants (which is why they were wiped out so easily) - but as anything can be socially influenced, they can be taught to be angry and extremely violent.

Capital City: N/A

Skittar:

Talking rat-like humanoids. They are about three to four feet tall, and live in the desert. They are mostly nomadic and live in small tribes and villages, but there is rumour that they have a large city hidden in the desert. This however, remains a rumour. Much like the other peoples of Terrafel, they keep to themselves, and stay out of the humans’ way.

Capital city: Unknown

Magic:

Magic is channeled through a person’s soul. Everyone has the capability to use magic, but the amount they can use depends on the person and their skill with the spells they are using. If too much of it is used without resting, then a person can die.

Illusion: Plays tricks with people’s minds. (Only a GM can use this type of magic)

Conjuration: Summoning any material thing – weapons, objects, and food. In order to conjure an object a sorcerer needs a piece of the type of material the conjured object will be made of to act as a catalyst. Conjured objects are an extension of the person’s soul, and are therefore only replicas, never real things, and disappear when the conjurer decides to dismiss them.

Elemental: This is your basic fire, ice, lightning, and earth magic – manipulates the elements. You need a small amount of the element in your vicinity to manipulate it usually.

Demonic: Sykis was one of the first to dabble in demonic magic. It is basically shadow magic and summoning demons. Only disciples of Sykis practice this form of magic. If you want to know more about demonic magic, PM me with your idea for using it on a character. I don't want EVERYONE using demonic magic - it's very rare!

Restorative: Channels a person’s soul to another, allowing the caster to heal physical and spiritual wounds. Elves and humans commonly practice this type of magic.

Rune: Rune magic is the only form of magic that doesn't use a person's soul. It is originally dwarvern, and so the runes are written in dwarfish. In order for someone to learn rune magic, they must have had some way to learn dwarfish. There is destructive or protective rune magic. Generally, runeforgers focus on one or the other. The caster draws symbols (runes) on material - predominantly stones for transport purposes - with a rune-inscribing tool (usually a blade), and these can be activated by calling the rune's name. The runestone is destroyed afterwards. However, you can imbue armor with the runestones by preserving them through forging and blacksmithing. You can also imbue runes onto skin, through tatooing or scarification. The only difference is these runes then draw on the power of your soul, rather than destroying material.

2. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

i'll post soon! Hopefully anyway! I've just gotta edit my profile and get done with the errands.

3. Forgotten_Memories

Okay, wicked Honor!

A note for everyone else: At the moment I need only one Skittari character, and someone has already proposed one to me that fits into the story quite well. So, unless this person decides not to go ahead with the character, please don't make a Rat-man! Thank you! :)

Edit: Also, characters have until this coming Friday to be posted on the thread. PM me with your ideas! :)

4. Brandogg12

Brandogg12 Member

I like the looks of this. Will be posting up a bio on the thread- let me know if I need to change anything when I do. Thanks.

5. Forgotten_Memories

Can you please PM me the character first? So I can discuss things and approve it with you before you put it? Thanks! :)

6. Brandogg12

Brandogg12 Member

Will do boss

7. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

I am glad to see members joining this RPG so quickly. I can't wait for this to start!

8. Forgotten_Memories

Got more coming! I might need to set a limit on this, as it is the first time I'm GMing! Also, too many magic users... :/

9. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

I was noticing that. Sorry that my character doesn't help in that aspect. Your rune system seems to have picked up a lot of attention lol.

10. Forgotten_Memories

Yes... I have had to nerf it. But you were the second person to propose a character to me, and your reason for using magic is very developed. So, I'm glad your character has it! ;)

11. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

Thanks I appreciate that. Yeah nerfing it is probably the best course of action. Maybe putting some sort of adverse physical effects on the user will deter people from abusing the system.

12. Forgotten_Memories

It's fine, I've just made it so you have to know dwarfish to read, write and use runes! :D

13. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

lol! That's a way to do it. I think my char, excluding Earphone, is the only one who spent any amount of time among the drawves and would have a reason to know their language.

14. Forgotten_Memories

I've approve of the rat as well! :)

15. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

Eenzthk is going to be a very interesting character. He obviously put a lot a of work into him and his command over demonic magic is going to add a dark flavor to the story.

Is this going to be a Progressive Control RPG or a Mission Based Control?

16. Forgotten_Memories

What do you mean by those?

17. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

From https://www.writingforums.org/showthread.php?t=12248

18. Forgotten_Memories

Ahh right. Well, it will be mission based, because I will tell you guys what needs to get done, and then you go about doing it with obstacles I put in the way. But also, I will have a character to help guide you, and I will have some things I would like certain characters to do every now and then. I already have some of these things in mind! :)

19. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

Nice! Mission Based has always been my favorite. :)

20. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

so many people are joining!! I'm going to write/post a bio soon! hopefully i'm not to late. Do you want me to PM you my full character idea?

21. Forgotten_Memories

I am saving you a spot! :)

Yes, please send it to me first - if you do it in like the next two hours, I can approve it/message you about it straight away! :)

22. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

awesome!! I'll get right on that

23. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

And another half-elf joins the story. :) Social outcasts for the win!

24. Forgotten_Memories

My original character was gonna be a half elf... but now there are too damn many of you outcasts!

25. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

It's Yellow!! :D And holy snap! You've more than doubled my posts and have a ton of karma! I've been left in the dust!

And Regular humans for the win!

And 9 people so far! and a decent 3:1 Guy girl ratio!
    Lots of opportunities for Bella to kick some pervs butt!

1 person likes this.