The Fall of Terrafel

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Forgotten_Memories, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Brandogg12

Brandogg12 Member

Clairc stopped dead in his tracks. He couldn't have heard that right. “Wait,” he spun around, “you know what caused this? Just who the hell are you and what's in Crown Square? Is there a way to stop this?”

Noveen looked to Clairc and then to Dalia’s back. His words felt like spikes in Noveen’s throat, and she wasn’t even the one who had been on the receiving end. She could almost picture the concealed face of Dalia.

He had been so calm and composed and even excited since they had meet, and then suddenly he lashed out like a cornered bitch protecting her pups. It was admirable.

Yet, was this truly the best way to fix things? To take the burden instead of leaving it to someone with stronger, wider shoulders? Noveen seemed hesitant, but then she stopped and turned her heel, standing at Clairc’s side, for she too wanted to know how this all had began.

The mechanical sounds of cogs and gears coming from R3-56 were booming, as it was right at the pair’s heels on follow, but they were stifled by the tension of the moment. The robot seemed out of place. Noveen had to suppress a laugh as she waited for a response.

She felt it was best if she didn’t say anything at all, but she couldn’t help it, “You think you can handle whatever it is at Crown Square on your own? And just who do you think you are, Dali?” she snapped and sprinkled as much cynicism on this last word as she could.

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

“You think you can handle whatever it is at Crown Square on your own? And just who do you think you are, Dali?”

Broggen looked from the buxom girl and the Halvsie elf to Dalia. A large part of him wanted to leave the whole lot of them behind. 'Dammit Brog, you've gotten yourself into it now. Bunch of cracker-nut fools!'

The simple smuggling job had turned into a living nightmare in the blink of an eye. Broggen was confident in his own abilities, but he was smart enough to know that he was better off with a group. Now the question was to whether to follow the liar he knew into the fray, or the fools he didn't know toward safety.

The dwarfed heaved a great sigh from his barrel shaped chest. His ammo was low and there was no reason to think the demons were leaving any time soon; not by the look of the rift in the sky anyway. When it came down to it, Broggen was most interested in saving his own neck. He'd find his way to the train station and out of the city with or without help.

“Dali dear, I hope you find what'chyer lookin' for. But this here fight don't have nothing to do with me,” he give her a knowing nodd. It was the kind exchanged between warriors that know they'll likely never see each other again, and added with a wink, “See ya soon.”

“C'mon then Looky Legs, lets get a move on,” continued the dwarf as he turned to the highborn human girl with the slit in her dress.

3. Brandogg12

Brandogg12 Member

“Dali dear, I hope you find what'chyer lookin' for. But this here fight don't have nothing to do with me,” he give her a knowing nod. It was the kind exchanged between warriors that know they'll likely never see each other again, and added with a wink, “See ya soon.”

“C'mon then Looky Legs, let’s get a move on,” continued the dwarf as he turned to the highborn human girl with the slit in her dress

Noveen looked at the Dwarf and could feel his frustration mounting to a breaking point. It surprised her that she was so calm and careless just as Clairc had been, but it was the way she trained herself. Never let your emotions show, but she could feel her face getting warm and her fingers were rubbing together briskly.

"Look, there is no way to know that these demons won't get us on that train, and if the problem started here? Then why not make it end here?" She looked to the group. Even if the easy way was to make an escape- it still didn't feel right. That was what she had always done.

There was something nagging in the back of her mind that was telling her to do the brave thing just as her brothers had done; just as her father had done. They had all stuck up for her. A change of heart burrowed into her chest and seemed to take control of her. Why did she believe it was her turn to risk her own hide for these strangers and for the rest of the vagabonds and hotheaded nobles of Termir?

Maybe she could feel what Dalia was feeling, just maybe. She hoped others could too.

"Whatever it is you hope to find in that Square, I hope you will let me along to find it too. I just don't think you can do it on your own," with that said she reached into her back pocket and thanked the heavens there was a hefty package of cigarettes she had overlooked, "Anyone else coming along?"

She waited and smiled as she puffed the cigarette from the side of her mouth, shielding it from the gusts of wind the pregnant skies bred. She just hoped Clairc would come along too.

She made her way closer to Dalia.

Decisions, decisions...

4. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Golful'gar stared at Dalia. She'd been leading them into harm's way? Did she really know what was causing all of this? Their rag-tag group was already disintegrating, some going to the train station, others going with Dalia, and still others (like himself) who hadn't decided what to do yet.

He frowned at at the pair Dalia and Noveen. Surely they needed help, they wouldn't make it on their own.

"Whatever it is you hope to find in that Square, I hope you will let me along to find it too. I just don't think you can do it on your own," Noveen said, "Anyone else coming along?"

Golful'gar looked from group to group, then shook his head.

"Wer' all gonna die anyway." He made his way back down the cobblestone street to stand by Dalia, and hefted his pickaxe across his shoulders, then looked down at the girl he was helping, "Les' go missy, I don' wanna wait fer more."

5. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

"Whatever it is you hope to find in that Square, I hope you will let me along to find it too. I just don't think you can do it on your own," Noveen said, "Anyone else coming along?"

Shara had no idea what was going on, but she wanted to know. She staired at the female human, wondering if she should draw a blade to her throat now or wait until she heard her out.

She wanted revenge on Kirk in any way possible, she wanted to spill blood, she craved it... but held back.

“I’ll come along with you, I want to know whats happening” She walked close to the human, whispering in her ear. “If you had a hand in causing this, in any way I don't like the sound off... your blood will be spilt today...”

Shara stood to the side next to the female.

6. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Everyone had reacted differently. Their words wrapped around Dalia's mind, suffocating her, she didn't know how to respond.

“You know what caused this? Just who the hell are you and what's in Crown Square? Is there a way to stop this?”

“You think you can handle whatever it is at Crown Square on your own? And just who do you think you are, Dali?”

Some, to Dalia's surprise, wanted to go along with her. It seemed like they wanted to save the city. Alas, such a thing was not possible - it would all be over very quickly.

“If you had a hand in causing this, in any way I don't like the sound off... your blood will be spilt today...” The new half elf whispered in her ear as she came to stand next to Dalia.

Dalia turned back to face the group, looking at their expressions individually. They really were an odd bunch, only one human apart from herself. Why did they want to save the city so much? What had it ever done for them but create misery and pain? Dalia knew the nature of her people, and if anything they deserved this. But she also knew that Termir wouldn't be the end. Maybe the others sensed it as well.

"I can't say much now. We are running out of time. For those of you who want to go, then so be it. I never asked for any help," and with that took to the direction of Crown Square, its giant sun-like brazier casting a murderous light onto the horizon.

7. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"Hold on," just now that the group had became this big group of mixed and matched races, the group was going to split up, some going to the train-station, some going to Crown Square. While part of Bella wanted to go the train-station, get out of here. But there was something more important to Bella than getting away. Her home had been destroyed, the festival ruined, every aspect of her life had been changed and destroyed. She wasn't about to just leave.

"Those of you who want to get to the train-station can be on their way, but it isn't going to be with me. If what they're after is in Crown Square, then that's where I need to be. Because the leader or general or whatever is going to be there, and I'm going to skin that bastard and use his skin to make a new, fine leather frog for my saber. I can't just walk away from this."

Bella cracked her whip hard against the ground as she finished. There were giant fuzz bunnies she had to kill.

8. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Na' looked around at the odd group that had gathered each deciding where to go. He'd already made up his mind. Wherever there were followers of sykis to be killed he would go. Besides he was curious to see what in the crown square was so important.

Stepping off the now unconcious guard he pulled his knife back into the folds of his robes and headed after the one human who seemed to have any idea what was going on. Na' drew up along side her.

"So what is at Crown Square?" He asked.

9. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

"I can't say much now. We are running out of time. For those of you who want to go, then so be it. I never asked for any help," and with that took to the direction of Crown Square, its giant sun-like brazier casting a murderous light onto the horizon.

Clairc hesitated. Why was he doing this? This wasn't his fight. Why did he all of a sudden begin giving a damn. He didn't owe this city anything - why should he put his neck on the line to save it?

Clairc was about to turn and follow the dwarf when his eyes met Noveen's. Her soft green eyes seemed to be waiting for Clairc's response. Ever since he met this Human he felt a bond of trust growing between them, and he was sure she felt the same. It was like she understood him, understood his pain. What was this? For the first time in a long time, he started to doubt himself. She had committed to helping Dalia, and for some reason, he couldn't bear the thought of letting her down.

A little uncertain he turned towards Crown Square. “I don't like this woman, but we seem to have little choice. If we have a chance of putting a end to this we need to take it – no matter what cost.” he motioned to Noveen. “Let us save some lives this day.”

Clairc followed Dalia's lead, picking up his pace to catch up.

10. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

"I was never leading you the right way, I know why all of this is happening - I know what they're after, and I have to get to Crown Square. She can take you to the station." Dalia pointed to Bella as everyone began to stare at her.

Clairc stopped dead in his tracks. He couldn't have heard that right. “Wait,” he spun around, “you know what caused this? Just who the hell are you and what's in Crown Square? Is there a way to stop this?”

“Dali dear, I hope you find what'chyer lookin' for. But this here fight don't have nothing to do with me,” he give her a knowing nodd. It was the kind exchanged between warriors that know they'll likely never see each other again, and added with a wink, “See ya soon.”

"I can't say much now. We are running out of time. For those of you who want to go, then so be it. I never asked for any help,"

Everything was spinning out of control. It seemed only moments ago that Ilayda and Shara had joined the rag tag group, and now it was splitting up. Confusion and questions swirled around in her head, all leading back to the same larger question What the hell was going on?

Now, however, did not seem to be the time to work out the details. She had gathered that one of the human girls (Dalia, was it?) knew something about the mess they were all in and much of the group was going to follow her to Crown Square. So far it seemed as if only the dwarf would continue on to the train station. It was her turn to choose.

As she deliberated the group destined for Crown Square took off, leaving her with little time. On the one hand, the only person she somewhat knew was going to the square, and as much as she generally despised people she was smart enough to understand that in this situation it was better to stick with a pack. Besides, the city was crumbling down around them and she had the chance to help save it. It almost sounded like one of her stories.

But on the other hand, right now she potentially had the best oppurtunity of her life to leave this godforsaken place. It had ruined her life, she didn't owe it or the people in it anything. Especially not saving them.

Ilayda stood for a moment longer, torn between the seemingly noble (though perhaps stupid) choice and the path towards cowardly freedom. It was so much like the stories she adored, and she knew what any of the heroes she loved so much would choose....

"You're going to the train station, right? Because I'm coming with." She motion to the dwarf to start walking. Reading stories about heroes didn't amount to anything...she was no hero.

11. Forgotten_Memories

Crown Square:

Quite a few had run along with Dalia, dodging the onslaught of demons and guards from every corner. In a way she was glad, at least she would have some help – and from what she could tell so far, damned good help. But, she also didn’t want anyone getting hurt. They were nearing the Crown Square, just another corner.

Crown Square was the most historic and beautiful square in Termir. Littered amongst gardens of colourful and exotic plants from all over Terrafel were statues of the royal’s ancestors. The pathways in between lead to the castle of Termir, a grey-ish monolith that used to be white as ivory, but had become dull through many years of pollution – as with most of the stone buildings in the city. There was a large open space with a giant fountain in front of the castle’s gates, and usually, Crown Square was packed with people – noblemen and women, tourists, guards, gardeners – but today there was no one.

Dalia navigated the group to the gates, which were strangely closed. They were always open to the public during the Summer Festival, and were heavily guarded. The group looked around awkwardly, expecting something happen, but only a dreary silence hung in the stale, smoke-ridden air.

Dalia walked right up to the front of the gates. “Hello?!” she shouted, fearing the worst.

Train Station:

Broggen and Ilayda headed for the station, eager to get out of the city, only to find that such a thing was probably not possible – at least through this route. The Noble’s train station was packed with panicked escapees, bundling up in unorganized packs outside of the stations, and there were guards everywhere. All of the elves and half elves present were being arrested and taken to the side, while the rest of the guards dealt with demons flying overhead with their rifles.

12. Brandogg12

Brandogg12 Member

Dalia walked right up to the front of the gates. “Hello?!” she shouted, fearing the worst.

Noveen smiled as she tried to stifle the coughs coming from her parched throat, hoping no one in the mix would call her out for it, but there were more pressing matters at hand.

Crown square looked like a ghost town- the massive manors and town halls that were once bloated with pompous, carousing nobles looked like anemic skeletons with bowed legs, attempting to hold up large ingresses. Their frameworks appeared to tremble beneath the ample burden of the crashing, blotched skies.

She figured that this square held the most eventful and expensive parties in the entire world of Terrafel. The rich seldom spared any expense as their wealth was always displayed with ostentatious clothing and lavish jewelry forged with rare metals and gems. It was comforting that were probably be the first to die. They waste so much money on themselves to enjoy their pitiful lives- but when it came to their own safety that is where they had not invested enough. Yet- there did not feel to be any signs of the affluent residents fleeting.

The group buzzed ominously and the killer robot continued to whirl its gears, but appeared to do so more quietly. Maybe it sensed something too.

More of the original party than she had expected had tagged along. They too were probably staring down this gate and pondering what could be so important as to risk their own necks instead of taking the next train out of the capital city never to look back. The worst feeling of all was not the ash or the blood or the rampant terror that raced through Termir; instead, it was the sudden solitude and silence. It felt as if a dome had encased the castle and all of them along with it- shutting out any interlopers who may choose to satisfy their curiosity.

The shouts of Dalia were not enough to block this feeling- she needed to hear more voices. She needed to feel something, or someone, to remind her that she was alive because this all felt very unreal.

She picked one specific individual to seek empathy and comfort from, and that was the half-elf with the unnatural green eyes and sandy hair.

Maybe he could understand what this all meant. She looked to him with pleading, lethargic eyes and got closer to him.

“What are we looking for?” she asked no one in particular.

13. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

“What are we looking for?” Na' over heard the human asking the halfling. It was a good question and one the others must be wondering aswell. He looked around at the now empty Crown square. It was almost laughable. Nobles with almost endless wealth had been unable to do anything. For all their money little had been spent on security.

Na' approached the gate. It loomed above him, large metal chains holding it shut. He ran his hands over the chains they were old and worn out, he could easily open the gate if needed. He left the gate and looked around again. It was so quiet...no...it was too quiet. There was no noise, no movement, no anything. His hand found his knife and gripped it, he had a feeling it would be needed.

14. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

Clairc crossed his arms, adsorbing the seine, taking in every detail. There was no mistaking it, Dalia had led them to the right place.

Maybe he could understand what this all meant. She looked to him with pleading, lethargic eyes and got closer to him.

“What are we looking for?” she asked no one in particular.

Clairc noticed Noveen getting closer to him. Their eyes met briefly. He wasn't sure, but it seemed that she was looking to him for answers – for comfort. He had no idea why she trusted him, but he wasn't complaining. He had never been good at making friends - unless he counted R3-56 - and was uncertain how to comfort her. Still, he needed to say something.

He uncrossed his arms and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, his eyes narrowing as they continued to scan the area. “Whatever it is, we are on the right path.” he said softly. “It's always the calmest at the center of the storm...”

15. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Golful'gar looked around, taking in the calm picture before him. Not a sound was to be heard, other than the soft bubbling of the fountain ahead. Just a block back he had still been able to hear the screams of the frightened citizens. It was almost as if they had entered a bubble, blocking all noise from the outside, and keeping the silence on the inside.

Golful'gar suppressed a grin. Truth be told, he was enjoying himself. The thrill of battle, demonic conspiracies, and best of all, companions. Golful'gar was used to a life of solitude, and now, being around so many people made him want to crow with joy; despite their grave situation. He was glad he chose to go, not to save the city, (He bore no love for Termir) but simply to remain in the company of these strangers, if only for a little longer.

He heard several people muttering to each other, but didn't take in their words. It was quiet. Like the earth itself was taking in a deep breath, just before a great conflict.

" 'S soft, ain't it?" He suddenly said, his voice booming through the calm silence.

16. sidtvicious

sidtvicious Contributor Contributor

Inferno, office 752. Take a right turn at the wat
    The Noble’s train station was packed with panicked escapees, bundling up in unorganized packs outside of the stations. The guards were what worried Eenzthk. In addition to dealing with screeching creatures above, they seemed to rallying up non-humans into packs.

He palmed a runed steel ring of about 4 inches in diameter inside his pocket, just in case. He sniffed the air. Fresh blood, coal, and a mix of body odor covered the crowd.

Keeping his head down, he attempted to zig-zag through the crowd around the guards eyeing the crowd for people to arrest. Guards were always so much trouble, not worthy of the Dead Book and always slowing things down.

Out of nowhere his good eye caught a glint of fiery red hair. He sniffed the air in that direction. He could smell fresh blood and the unmistakable scent of parchment, this was momentarily interfered by an all-too-familiar musk, ale, and earth which made up those of dwarves.

Turning his good eye in a squint he could make out the two characters. One a modestly dressed half-elf with a satchel whose hair had caught his eye and a dwarven companion in more industrious attire. Clearly not commoners, or traders for that matter. They could be of use. Staring at the two, with a brief moment of thought, he flicked his chest and activated a rune to speak with them the only way he could deem "safe."

Might want to take a left there Chits, one of you is wounded, quicksteps and zig-zags are your friends. The guards be rounding us...non-humans. He made a quick gesture with a claw as he spoke to their minds, hoping to call one of their notice.

17. losthawken

Broggen and the girl had just made it to the train station. The scarlet halvsie had been injured quit seriously, it only made sense for her to make her escape. Still, he was amazed that so many of the other fools had chased after Dalia instead of looking after their own necks. How could they not know? There was no saving the world, there was nothing but the trading one death for another; it was all meaningless.

'Damned glory hounds, the lot of them,' he thought to himself trying to quiet his prickling conscience.

The train station was in a state of panic, gunshots sounded routinely as the city guards did their best to keep the bladed demons from swooping down and making off with the helpless. Chaos was everywhere, the guards were pushing people this direction and that, but had so far overlooked him thanks to his humble stature.

Might want to take a left there Chits, one of you is wounded, quicksteps and zig-zags are your friends. The guards be rounding us...non-humans.

Broggen froze in his tracks. He was not accustomed to hearing voices in his head and he was not pleased. Grabbing the bright sash he stopped the half-elf, as he scanned the crowd.

“Did you hear that 'Gem'? That voice?”

18. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

The pain in her back was reaching the point of excrutiating and warm blood was dripping sickeningly down her back, but Ilayda kept her lips sealed against the cries of pain fighting to get out. The last thing she wanted was attention. Instead, she focused on the people around her, the noises, the smells, the sounds, anything but the pain.

It took little time for her and her dwarf companion to reach the train station, and it took even less time for her to realized that the trip had been futile. People were running and panicking. The whole place was ruled by chaos and any way onto a train was packed with with people. Screams and shouts were added to the din echoing off the walls and ceiling, magnifiying the noise so much she could barely think straight. Off to the side she noticed guards rounding up all the non-humans and instintively she took a step to the side, behind a large group of people, in order to hide from their searching gaze. Damn her red hair.

Might want to take a left there Chits, one of you is wounded, quicksteps and zig-zags are your friends. The guards be rounding us...non-humans. He made a quick gesture with a claw as he spoke to their minds, hoping to call one of their notice.

A voice that was not her own peirced its way into her conciousness. Ilayda spun around in alarm as at the same moment the dwarf grabbed her sash.

“Did you hear that 'Gem'? That voice?”

"The one about the guards and the zig-zags? Yeah...I heard it..." She tried to keep the fear from coloring her voice, but it trickled in anyways, cold and slimy. Slowly she scanned the crowd, hoping that some kind of explanation would present itself. Her eyes locked on a shadowy figure with a dark cloak. It was seemingly gesturing at her with a clawed hand. Shakily she tapped the dwarf on the shoulder and pointed.

19. sidtvicious

Eenzthk stared at the two strangers, who seemed to have received his message loud and clear. The smell of fear was now accompanying the half-elf, alongside that of the increasing severity of the wound. She had noticed him. While the dwarf seemed to be a few steps behind.

I know...you might find my methods of communication a little jarring, I assure you I mean no harm. As a matter of fact, miss I would see the wound tended to...I'm afraid the beasts in the sky have almost as great a sense of smell as myself. I suggest you follow me, Chits. I can help the two of you go unnoticed to the train.

Eenzthk sniffed the air for a moment, and then made an even more elaborate "come here" motion to the two.

20. Forgotten_Memories

Crown Square:

“It's always the calmest at the center of the storm...”

Dalia didn't doubt this for a second - Clairc definitely knew how to put things. The silence was soon invaded by the sound of turning pulleys, and the gargantuan gates before them began to open. The party braced themselves for what, if anything, was about to happen. Nothing occurred for a moment, as the space between the doors grew wider to show the empty courtyard beyond. The giant brazier was held high in its centre by four chains attached to the walls of the enclosure, and was still lit to symbolise the sun for the summer festival.

When the doors came to a halt, now fully ajar, Dalia stepped forward, her fists held up in front of her face. Before she could take another step however, the sound of metal twisting echoed in the silence. Then there was a clang as one of the chains holding the brazier fell against the stone floor. The giant torch rattled in place, and then another chain snapped clean off, causing it to flip over in the air, spilling its burning contents below.

"Get back!" Dalia shouted, rushing to safety, away from the entrance.

She was right in doing so, because right after the rest of the brazier's chains broke off, and it came rolling straight at them like a rogue boulder on a mountain pass, still aflame, and at an incredible speed.

21. Forgotten_Memories

Crown Square:

“It's always the calmest at the center of the storm...”

Dalia didn't doubt this for a second - Clairc definitely knew how to put things. The silence was soon invaded by the sound of turning pulleys, and the gargantuan gates before them began to open. The party braced themselves for what, if anything, was about to happen. Nothing occurred for a moment, as the space between the doors grew wider to show the empty courtyard beyond. The giant brazier was held high in its centre by four chains attached to the walls of the enclosure, and was still lit to symbolise the sun for the summer festival.

When the doors came to a halt, now fully ajar, Dalia stepped forward, her fists held up in front of her face. Before she could take another step however, the sound of metal twisting echoed in the silence. Then there was a clang as one of the chains holding the brazier fell against the stone floor. The giant torch rattled in place, and then another chain snapped clean off, causing it to flip over in the air, spilling its burning contents below.

She was right in doing so, because right after the rest of the brazier's chains broke off, and it came rolling straight at them like a rogue boulder on a mountain pass, still aflame, and at an incredible speed.

22. Brandogg12

Brandogg12 Member

“Stuck,” Noveen tried to shout. She couldn’t seem to have the capacity to say words- and never before had her tongue so crudely failed her as it was now. Her legs were rooted into the kempt cobblestone pathway and her throat was throbbing with tightness and pain.

Too fast…

The chains snapped like brittle bones making her flinch and the heat began to make her half shut eyes drowsy, accentuated by the shallow puffs she had just taken. Her hands tingled and shook as the flames began to encroach on her sacrilegious silence, yet, the silence was too stringent, and she knew it was not to last forever.

“Get back,” she told herself and the words of Dalia, the conflicted, perplexing human rattled her skull, “What is the point? I don’t see any brighter future for me or for anyone… wouldn’t it be better to leave it all behind?” she thought.

Clairc’s murky eyes, the fiery temper of Bella, the streaks of red determination in Broggen’s beard, and the obliviousness of the half-giant all stood out, and each resembled something foreign to her: a sense of gratitude. Gratitude for making her life have purpose once gain.

In Noveen’s mind, this was reason enough to not perish unfulfilled.

She looked to the group helplessly, hoping that she would be saved before it was too late.

23. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Na' watched the brazier hurtle towards them leaving a trail of fire behind. It was an awe inspiring sight almost like watching a meteor fly towards you. He was quite content watching it when he saw the human. She stood still...mabye she couldn't move. Na' sighed. He better help her.

Wind speeding his feet he hurtled towards her. He grabbed her spining her out of the boulders path and to the ground. At the same time he swept his hand along he ground and kicked. The ground rumbled as rock forced its way out and over his head, cracking as the brazier rolled along it.

Na' stood as the rock retreated into the ground and turned to the human.
    "Foolish human are you ok?" He asked.

24. losthawken

"The one about the guards and the zig-zags? Yeah...I heard it..."

I know...you might find my methods of communication a little jarring, I assure you I mean no harm. As a matter of fact, miss I would see the wound tended to...I'm afraid the beasts in the sky have almost as great a sense of smell as myself. I suggest you follow me, Chits. I can help the two of you go unnoticed to the train.

The dwarf's eyes finally found the cloaked figure hidden in the crowd. It was gesturing to them to come closer. Broggen immediately recognized the clawed hand and stature as belonging to one of those desert rats. He had done a fair share of trading with them in his ventures toward the south, but had never managed to find much respect for the scavenging, vermin.

Broggen glanced at the girl with him. She looked pail. He was unsure whether it was from fear or from the blood she had lost from the demon's wound. The dwarf sighed, he couldn't just leave her, it was doubtful that she would make it on her own. Besides that the thought of Dalia fighting demonic forces on the other side of the city kept coming back to him. 'Perhaps I can secure them safe passage out of the city for when they come to their sense and abandon their fools errand.'

He slid through the crowd of frightened humans working his way toward the cloaked figure still holding onto the girls sash. As he approached, the smell of the Skittari was unmistakable. He unslung his battle axe, and raised his tomahawk toward the opening in the cloak as he drew close.

“What help do you offer Fluffy, and this time you better use your tongue unless you want me to cut it out.”

25. sidtvicious

“What help do you offer Fluffy, and this time you better use your tongue unless you want me to cut it out.”

Eenzthk glanced at the dwarf in confusion, not understanding a word of his speak. The drawn axe hinted to him that he shouldn't be talking to his mind anytime soon.

He nodded, and attempted in broken dwarvish, "I can get us to the train, if you're willing to follow."

He gestured with one claw to an alleyway a short sprint away.