1. Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast Member

The Fish and The City

Discussion in '"I never believed in hell"' started by Wilderbeast, Jan 12, 2007.

[an] this is chapter one. Chapter two should be finished by tomorrow. If not, deal with it. [/an]

I never believed in Hell. I mean, I never believed in God, I never believed in Satan, and then I never really believed in Hell. Many thought I was a fool for not believing in it, you know "the devil's best lie was making people believe there was no Hell." But the truth is, as I look over this burning city, I've found Hell.

It all began as I was sitting next to a slowly-moving stream. I watched the water flow earthbound, slowly and surely. It was after a while that a golden-blue fish popped out of the water and looked me right in the eyes. It wasn't a big fish, but it popped out of the water with an unrenowned confidence. After a while of just kind of staring at each other (I didn't want to touch or hurt the fish, lest it run away,) the fish began to open his mouth.

"Hello." No. No way a fish just talked to me. The voice sounded like milk. He spoke softly, but with a divine grace. It was a matter of seconds before I could grasp the reality of a fish talking to me. After a while, I just kind of went with it.

"Hi, I'm Tony." I spoke tenatiously, wishing for reality to return. "I'm a human."

"Well, I know what you are." The fish spoke again, "I mean, you know I'm a fish. It would be just plain rude for me to not know you're a human."

"Well, I didn't know. I figured-"

"You figured what? I'm a fish and stupid? I'm talking, aren't I?" The fish interrupted.

"Well, I suppose..." I stumbled, "well, why are you talking to me?

"Follow me." The fish said, waving it's fins and hopping to and fro in the water.

It was then that something deep inside of me growled. My insides told me to leave, and I agreed with them. Something very wrong had just happened, and my mind was beggining to go.

"So..." I began, "I'm not following you."

"Why not?" The fish bellowed, "If you don't come with me, I'll find you. Once I find you, your family's gutted." It was then that I realized the power of the fish. It swelled with grace, and it struck with thunder. The fish had spoken, and though it was not a big fish I knew it could bring bounds of darkness into my life.

Suddenly, a compulsion inside of me decided it was best to follow the damned fish. I followed the fish down the stream, there really was only one way to go. We walked down the stream, and slowly the forest around me began to change colors. The trees that were once green became blue, a shade of blue that didn't quite match the fish but that glowed with effervescence.

It was then that I found the girl along the riverbank. She had been eviscerated and lay, crucified, on the ground. He insides lay opened and exposed in the glow of the trees. Out here there were no stars, nor sun, nor shine. It was then that I turned to the fish.

"I can't go on, I have to go home." I stammered.

"If you don't follow me, your fate will match hers." The fish said, again swelling with the pride of a thousand lions.

"I will never follow you, again." I darted into the woods. The fish could not follow me on land. The tree's continued to change as I ran through them. I could see the animals, carticatured though the trees and showing immense variance. I could see all kinds of animals: the lions in the treetops roaring, the monkeys screeching and living in their communities of many. All I could do was run. I knew that out here I was no match for the power of the wild.

In the sky, I saw the red of zephyr's flying through the air beggining to show. Eventually, I came to a hill and finally saw where it was from. That's when I saw the city.