Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Tale of Exzalia, well of darkness

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Sep 3, 2012.

Tales of Exzalia
    Spring of darkness​

“In Exzalia there are many powerful nations, one of the most powerful of which is Damiruu also known as the center kingdom. Here Mages of all sorts come to learn from the best of the best not only about the mysteries of Eather, but of the world itself.”

A human with pure white hair, chocolate coloured skin, and bright gold eyes stood in front of hundreds of students of all races. They stood silently listening intently to Miss Vashal a well-respected teacher who was giving her speech. The magnificent lecture hall they were in housed large windows which showed an even more majestic kingdom right outside. Damiruu in all its splendor, covered in white and gold and thronging with people flying here and there on steeds and enchantments. Tess gazed out half listening to the lecture, daydreaming of the day he would be able to travel outside Damiruu and explore the world of Exzalia himself.

“Several outstanding students will receive a chance to explore this world. Consider it a field trip but on a much grander scale. Only the most talented students will be chosen for this endeavor.”

All the students began to get excited, every year the best of the best are chosen to travel with one professor to explore the mysteries of the outside world, of Exzalia. It’s a big deal if your chosen, it means they consider you the best the academy has to offer, which in turn brings great honor to your family. Tess seemed to be the only student who wasn’t excited.
    “Yay a same thing every year. Not like I’m going to get picked.”
    Vashal began calling out the names of those chosen, every student stood with baited breath.

Welcome to the first Tales of Exzalia rpg!
    CREATE YOUR CHARACTER​

You are one of the students chosen to go forth on this trip into the unknown, your character can be any of five races.

Humans, the merclan (Mermaids), elves, Airmids, and Scorch fiends, I will post more on them below or you can look at my blog (Page 1,2 and 3) for more details on the races.
    On Exzalia magic is everything, there are uncastables which are people who can’t use magic, but they are rare and far between.

Your character can know up to five spells. Four of them basic spells, with the fifth one an adept level spell. Adept level spells and higher can be duel element spells, this is when you mix one or more elements to create your spell, also in this world mages use eather, a reality warping substance that makes up matter, and the laws of reality. There are six types of Eather and each one represents an element of matter. The six types are as follows

Adra (Wind)

Charon (Fire)

Gaia (Earth)

Merc (Water)

Nox (Dark)

Althea (Light)

Your character for now can only know two of the chosen elements; also keep in mind that if you choose Nox as the eather you want to wield your character will face some discrimination. Damirians look down on shadow magic. Also you can choose to be a uncastable if you wish, relying instead on armor and swords but be warned, you will face discrimination (Everyone looks down on Uncastbles)
    Your character can be a halfbreed, a mix between two races but keep in mind that if you choose to be a half elf you will face discrimination.
    Here is a summary of all the races

Humans

Humans are the most numerous and diverse of all the sentient beings, they have many cultures, physical traits and religions. They do not however have different languages, no not on this world. The humans of Exzalia have a few key differences that make them unique, They can live up to 300 years, they're usually stronger and taller than the humans of earth and, with less deformity. But they are by no means perfect, they are subject to the same faults as we are.

Now there are five kinds of human on Exzalia they are.
    Damirians. A tall group with dark milky skin, white to silver hair, and yellow or gold eye's.

Lorians. Fair skinned with black hair and sapphire blue eyes, not quite as tall as Damirians stopping at around 6 feet.

The Charon. Shorter than both of the above, the people of Charon have darker skin than the Damirians, but their eyes are a bright red or orange colour, as with their hair.

Grovians. They are most like us having a varied array of eye and hair colour though their skin is usually fair, it varies in shade. Average height 7 feet.

Humans have no innate ability but, are the only race to be able to use all six elements.

Merclans

Exzalia's merclans are very similar to humans in that they share a love for adventure and conquest. A curious and mischievous group the merclans can use water, air, and dark aether. Most merclan have smooth skin like a dolphin only sporting scales on their fish half, all merclan have a fish half though it varies from individual to individual. They have deep blue, to blue green skin. Slick hair that is streamline and greasy. Fins are often found on ears and elbows and their eye's can be a range of different colours. Most of them have small shark like teeth. Despite this all mers have a beauty to them and unlike humans do not show signs of old age. This makes them very desirable and it is not too uncommon for mers and humans to intermarry. They can move on land using a kind of magic.
    Innate abilities include, breathing under water, telepathy, the ability to communicate with other animals, only race to become sirens.

Airmids​

They are a small race standing a little over 5ft 5, but that's without the gorgeous and colourful feathers that decorate their bodies, often adding a good two more feet. They are humanoid with arms and legs but unlike humans they very slender, even the males have strongly muscled but thin chests, light weight with falcon eye's each Airmid has their own unique style of feathers. They are a brightly colourful race, groups of them forming living rain bows in the sky.
    Airmids can use wind, water, and light Aether and they may have been the inspirations for the legends of angels. They watch us from their perch in the sky, perhaps even observing our conflicts and I feel it won't be long, before events beyond mortal control will bring us together.

abilities, Flight, enhanced reflexes, powerful eye’s.

Scorch fiends​

They come in shades of red and bronze, with a humanoid form, burning tails and bright horns that curve back on their head. Their face has the typical two eye's one nose features of other humanoids, but the shape of their heads is unique in that their nose is slightly cat shaped, but with dragon like nostrils. Their eyes and maws constantly glow with fire aether, and each one has a unique set of rocks that form on joints and other outcroppings on their body. They have a bitter rivalry with the Marclans
    They can use Gaia, and Charon.
    The natural born ability to breath eather infused fire (does not take up a spell slot :)) capable of with standing high temperatures, physically bigger than the other races.

Elves​

There are two kinds of elves on Exzalia, High elves and wood elves. Wood elves can use water wind and earth while High elves can use wind water and light eather. High elves are also very tall standing a good 10 feet, but they are very slender with wood elves are only slightly shorter than humans. Aside from humans elves are the most widespread race, their relationship with humans vary from place to place.
    Enhanced reflexes, remarkable hearing, innate connection to flora and forest magic, can influence plants.

Your character can also have one artifact this can be an enchanted amulet, staff whatever. Keep in mind that you are still beginner level mages so your artifact cannot be too powerful. The only exception to the rules is if you’re an uncastable, they can have powerful artifacts to make up for the fact that they can’t use magic. All of this must be ran by me of course, I will determine if your character is too powerful or not powerful enough :)

Be creative!

While this world is my world, Exzalia is also an infinite world, not even I it’s creator know all its secrets. So don’t be afraid to make up any back story your little heart desires, Don’t be afraid to make up your own lands and beasts, does your merfolk come from a group of floating islands? Sure why not? It’s an infinite world with infinite possibility, so show me just how creative you can be! Try to make your characters awesome, with different goals, fears and dreams! This game will also benefit greatly from character interactions so don’t be a loner :)

GAME PLAY
    This is where things get awesome, I want this game to grow your characters as such I will award experience points to characters for various feats they complete. Killing monsters will give you points! Defeating enemy mages will give you points! Solving a puzzle will give you points! Wining duels will give you lots of points! The amount of points will be determined by me, and players get more points depending on certain criteria. Example all players who battle get ten points but the player who deals the killing blow will get 10 extra points. All characters start out with 100 experience points to reach, once you reach 100 you level up. With each level you get to learn a new spell! This spell can be anything in the bounds of the eather your character can use but must be run by me first. Each time you level up the amount of points you need to level up again increases by 100 points so at level 2 you need 200 points to level up again, at level 3 you need 300 points and so on. Please post your level in your character posts to help keep track of their progress.

In your journeys you will encounter not only enemies but puzzles, Exzalia is filled with dungeons and labyrinths each housing a secret, I will award players with prizes for solving the puzzles I give them. How it works is the first person to solve the puzzle in the discussion thread will be awarded a prize in the story thread the prize will usually be a really neat artifact, or gold among other things. All players who try to solve the puzzle will still get points. Many times you can only progress through a certain dungeon after solving said puzzle.

Finally I will not only be GM but narrator, I want you to see my world, breathe it, be a part of Exzalia. Many of my posts will be describing the scenery, the sights and sounds of my endless planet, get ready you’re going to see some awesome stuff.

Rules of combat

A wild boar attacked! Wild boar tackled Tess! Tess takes 30 damage.
    I will have power over how much damage your characters do to the enemies your characters will encounter, whether your spell kills them, or it does nothing all together, If you feel I am not being fair peas pm me I can assure you I am very reasonable. I also have some control over the amount of damage your characters sustain think of me as the guy who yells

SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!

My word is law, if I decide your character could not dodge the attack of a certain monster or spell, or becomes poisoned ect, please don’t be a spoiled sport, if you have a real problem with it just pm me. I assure you I am a reasonable guy. I am enacting the rule so it becomes impossible to be Godmodded, the trials you characters will face WILL be difficult, they will get hurt, but it's up to you to overcome that hurt.

In my posts I will give hints on how to respond to attacks for example,
    The undead monster struck clumsily with its arm.
    Clumsiness is the hint, your character will be able to dodge this attack.
    If however I say, He attacked with such speed! Lashing out with a skinny arm.
    Skinny arm is the hint, if it’s skinny it no very powerful, you should block this one, if you try to dodge you’ll get hit.
    I will also post any status conditions, damage and other battle related notes in the discussion thread during combat, so keep an eye out for updates!

This RPG will be an exciting challenge; character will most likely get hit and defeated a couple times, but that’s okay because that will be the motivation I will use to get you to desire power and points!

CASTING SPEED
    Part of what will make this adventure so exciting is the limitations your characters will have in combat, you will not have the free reign you would normally have in a standard RPG, one of these limitations is casting speed.
    Spells take time, you are not going to cast five at them at a time, as you are beginner mages, in combat I will ask that you limit your spells to two per combat post for novice spells, one cast per 2 posts for adept level spells. This limitation is actually designed to not only make it more fun, but to give you and me a neat mechanic to base combat around. Maybe one of your characters knows a spell that increases his casting speed, upping his cast count to three per combat post? Again go wild with the possibilities!
    As your characters grow stronger, they will get better at weaving, eventually casting to one adept level spell per combat post, and eventually 2, all these limitations will drive the need to grow stronger!
    There will be more neet mechanics that I will introduce along the way like misweaving, but until then this covers what you need to know to get started.

Defeat and death
    Unless you wish it, your characters will not die in this story, but they can be defeated! If your character takes too much damage in a battle I will declare them as defeated, a defeated character will not be able to battle any longer, but you can still post your characters thoughts and actions. All defeated characters will return to normal after the battle, a defeated character can be healed and brought back into battle. I will warn the players if their character is close to defeat, a defeated character can do everything a normal character can expect battle. This will put some risk in the battles you will certainly face. Also keep in mind that in the beginning of the story your character will be somewhat weak and may be defeated in 1 or 2 blows. You can declare your character as self-defeated if you think he/she has taken too much damage. Defeated characters still gain points! However they gain less points than characters who are undefeated.

Dueling
    Your character can challenge another player to a duel! A duel is when two mages battle until one is defeated; I will referee all duels and if neither player can agree on a victor I will decide who I think will win. Who wins is based on how and what spells they use during the battle. In this game I encourage friendly completion but I ask that before posting your epic duel that you run it by me first. The two players should also pm each other while dueling to avoid clogging the thread, if you come across an issue I will referee the problem since I know more about my world than anyone. After I have declared a winner, post your duel on the story thread.
    Characters gain lots of points if they win a duel and even if they lose I will still give them points but, you cannot duel while questing and there are times when I will ask that you not duel during such an such a time so we can advance the story.

BOSS BATTLES!
    There will be characters in the story that are very strong. Your group will fight bosses along the way and I will let you know if an enemy is boss level strong. During a boss battle I will control the boss and the damage it receives in battle. Whether your characters win or lose the battle IS UP TO YOU! You fight the monster, you come up with the battle plans, and if I think you’re skilled enough, strong enough and fast enough I will declare the boss monster as defeated! These battles are not scripted! All characters gain huge amounts of points for battling, but the player who does the death bow gets more so, bosses also drop neat items but, be warned bosses are strong, and I will not hesitate to defeat an entire party if I feel your characters aren’t strong enough to win. There is no penalty for being defeated, but you will lose your chance to battle that boss for some time. Each time I introduce a boss I will also write a short summery of it on the discussion thread Example.

Feral berserker will attack every two posts, you must be quick to defeat it.
    I recommend you read them, they will provide helpful hints on how to win.

All in all this RPG can be seen as a writing version of any video game you have played before, with dungeons, puzzles, leveling and bosses. It will be challenging! It will be exciting! And most importantly it will be fun! Please pm me character templates before posting.

Name:

Race:

Novice Spell1:

Novice Spell2:

Novice Spell3:

Novice Spell4:

Adept level spell:

Artefact If any:

Brief character history:

Personality traits:

Other info:

Tips and tricks!
    All right I’m going to hand the stage over to Vashal the instructor for you budding adventures.

"Good day to you there, my Name is Vashal, and I am going to provide some helpful information to help you as you step into the wild and dangerous world of Exzalia. Your name is?"

“……”

“That’s a wonderful name, well listen closely teachers don’t like to repeat themselves, when choosing which spells you want to learn try to balance the options between offensive power, support, and defensive moves. Have at least one damaging spell, try to have at least one support spell and you MUST have at least one barrier spell. Such basics are more necessary than even the most powerful moves out there.” Vashal crosses her arms and give you a stern look. “If you plan to just spam the strongest spell you have you’re going to get defeated very easily, the worst thing an Eather mage can do is get predictable, our greatest weapon is not magic, but cunning.” You nod, satisfied she smiles at you. “Your spells can be interrupted by enemies, when this happens it counts as a misweave, this only happens with spells that take a long time to weave like your adept level spell, be careful when casting big spells, a smart mage will rely on faster spells for most of a battle. If you misweave you risk damaging yourself and your alleys it’s all about team work…speaking of which.”

Several more classmates walk up to you, including Tess who seems astonished he was chosen this year. “You all need to work as a team! Cover each other’s backs when casting large spells, figure out battle plans, BE CREATIVE!” Vashal seemed a little too excited, recomposing herself she then adds, “Well…I guess I’ll let you guys become acquainted, meet me out in the academy yard when you are ready.”

Vashal leaves with you, the students chosen and Tess standing awkwardly at each other, “This is going to be an interesting field trip Tess" mutters. Well...I'm Tess who are you and where are you from?”

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved. Best of luck on your journey.

3. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Will Bartholomew

He held out his hand to the one who'd just called himself Tess.

"Will. It's a pleasure to meet you." He smiled amiably. "I'm from Galavin, little place you've probably never heard of. How about you?"

He was still in wonder that he'd been chosen. He knew he was good, but he didn't think he was that good. He pushed his dark hair from his eyes and hitched his sword belt higher and looked around at the rest that had been chosen.

4. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

River Hoya

Brown hair swirled in the wind. The arrow was pulled back till the feathers tickled her cheek. A deep breath, a slow exhale. Lovely white fingers released the arrow. By the skill of it's wielder and her control over the Adra (wind) the arrow hit it's target once again.
    River lowered her bow. A perfect bulls-eye. She walked with grace to retreive her arrows from the target. An invisible wind blew her hair out of her face and pressed her blue shirt against her skin, revealing the lovely figure of a female elvin body. Her pointed ears stuck out above her hair allowing her to easily hear a number of conversations not in a human's range of hearing.

"Can you believe Tess got chosen!?"
    "Yeah, he so doesn't deserve it. I should have been the one chosen!"

"Hey, Jen. I was wondering...well I was hoping that...well maybe you'd like to walk with me in the gardens this afternoon."
    "Sorry, Haver. Tarrin and I are already seeing eachother."
    "Oh."

River tuned out the noise. The silly conversations of silly humans. No wonder her father preferred the company of fellow elves. She pulled the arrows out of the target and put them back in her quiver. Vashel would be in the school yard soon to take them to the city that everyone dreamed of. Her father had been so proud that she had been chosen. She was glad she chosen to come here rather then stay in the elven schools. River put the bow over head and advanced slowly toward the other students that she would accompany to Damiruu.

She approached two boys. One of them was human, a Lorian by the looks of it. He had black hair and gorgeous blue eyes. She felt her heart do a little jump at his handsome features, but she couldn't let her feeling get any stronger than that. If her father found out that she liked a human...well his wrath would be terrible. And even more so if she acted on it. She looked away from the Lorian and towards the other male. A half breed. Human and something else. Maybe merfolk. She tried her best to hide the disgust she felt with a pleasent smile. After all, it wasn't his fault his parents had broken the laws of tradition. After seeing the prejudice in her father, and the way it twisted his handsome features, she had determined not to be the same. However it was still difficult to get past the fact that he was a halfling and rather concentrate on his character.

She nodded her head in greeting to her fellow chosen. "Greetings humans. I am River of the Dalua tribe. Great honor to you both for passing the trials and becoming one of the chosen."

5. Exzalia

Tess , breaking the ice.

"Hey Will nice to meet you, I'm Tess the future exsplorer!" They shook hands, more students began to gather, one in particular grabbed Tesses attention. She was an elf.

"Greetings humans. I am River of the Dalua tribe. Great honor to you both for passing the trials and becoming one of the chosen."

"Oh my eather...the prettiest girl in school is talking to me. The same girl I have had a crush on four almost a year, the girl I have been to shy to even look at. What do I do, what do I do." Tess began to sweat a little. his mind raceing.

"What do I say, what should I say...I know girls love compliments. I'll compliment her."

"...your ears are funny." Tess smiled awkwardly, there was a short silence between them.

"WHY THE CHARON, WOULD I SAY THAT? idiot, Tess you're an idiot!" His mind screamned as he stood scratching the back of his head looking stupid.

Before she could respond he continued. "Boy what a lovely day it is! isn't it lovely will? Man I really love this day. Like this is the best day of all time, for real."

6. Pheonix

Will

"Boy what a lovely day it is! isn't it lovely Will? Man I really love this day. Like this is the best day of all time, for real."

Will was laughing hysterically, just not on the outside. As soon as the gorgeous elven girl walked over, Tess had broken into a sweat and started twitching. It was almost sad. He ignored him, it was the best thing to do for now, let him calm down a little.

"Why thank you." Will said to the girl, she had long flowing brown hair, and was wearing a short blue dress. "And same to you!" He bowed slightly, a little gesture he'd picked up from his mothers tutoring. "Pleasure to meet you River."

So there were some of his companions? This expedition was shaping up to be very interesting. He flashed a smile at the girl. "Don't mind my friend. He's a little overwhelmed at being chosen." He slapped Tess on the back, good naturedly. He'd only just met him, but already Will liked him.

7. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Introducing Lebry.

This world, is a world of tales, a world filled with an unexplainable magic created by the mix of dreams, thoughts, shapes, illusions, realism, fiction, happiness, sadness, all that and more inside a cauldron that reveals countless colors, even unknown ones, because that's one of the endless ways a tale can be described, a colourful magic born from the minds of people.
    This world, is a world of tales, countless tales, and between all those tales the one narrated by me, will be the tale of Lebry Gallaher, still, his tale alone won't shine withouth the tales of others, thus the tale of Lebry is just one of the many unknown colors inside the cauldron, but not because of this is an unimportant one. Perhaps another interpretation of his tale could be an small gear; an small gear inside a giant machine, it's so small that pales in comparison with other gears and the machinery itself. Yet is important, as if this gear weren't to be here, the machine wouldn't be able to run, thus making it useless. So even for an small tale like his, its importance it's not small at all. But enough of explanations, let's go with Lebry and how will he grow inside this world, a world of tales.....

What was the reason behind this trip?, a test?, a job?, the whim of the high ones?, or perhaps it hides an unclear reason?. These were the thoughts traveling like a river through the mind of the young Lebry, while he was walking to the school; apparently, it was decided that some students, perhaps due to their skills or another reason, would travel to an unknown location, yet the reason of this hadn't been revealed yet, thus making Lebry nervous, yet a part of him was calm and slowly analyzed all the posibilities of this situation.

Lebry was a mid height nineteen years old boy, with a long black hair that traveled through his back and ending its route aproximately around the wraist; his eyes, both shined with a pale blue color, yet not less beautiful due to that; and his skin...... his skin had a delicate yet worked look on it, a curious duality... yet dualities were the common on Lebry. In other words, he was a Lorian.
    He weared a long black jacket over a red shirt, he had white trousers adjusted with a black belt, and long black boots covering his feets. His hands were naked, not even a ring or bracelet ornamented them, yet on his neck was hanging a long necklace, though anyone could had believed that this was a magical artifact, it was in fact a common necklace without any magical property, except the feeling that Lebry had toward it.

So Lebry was inmersed on his thoughts when suddenly his glance caught the entrance of the school, it was still early, yet several of his classmates were already filling the place, this also helped by other unknown people; however this was normal on this school.

He slowly walked toward them and raised a hand, greeting them as usual.

8. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Varem

Varem lounged a slight distance from the crowd under the shade of a tree. With his cloak wrapped around him he almost appeared to be sleeping. He could see the other students mingling. It seemed like a fairly diverse group. From his spot he could see an elf, a human and a halfling conversing, well the elf and human were conversing. The second halfling was chattering nervously. Poor thing. There was a squark and a flapping of wings as Quoth landed on his shoulder.

"Squark! Go and greet them."

"Why? It is much nicer here in the shade, and that would mean getting up."

"It is the norm for their culture. Now move or I'll peck you up. Caw."

With a reluctant sigh he got to his feet, careful to mind his head on the lower branches. He approached them slowly making sure they had time to notice him. Scaring fellow students wouldn't be a good idea. Even with his cloak covering him his height and eyes peering out from the hood were usualy enough to scare people. Varem couldn't help but notice the height difference as he tried to smile from within the hood.

"Greetings fellow students. I am informed it is expected of students to talk to each other. I am Varem of the T'gaian clan. What are your names?" He said holding out a large hand.

9. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Zothecula, Chosen

Zothecula reacted much the same as he reacted to everything else when he was chosen. With a frown, nervous shuffling of his feet and low grumbling under his breath. Why had they chosen him? He was disturbed...unlikeable...different. Maybe they needed him to feed to a monster...well, he would go. And if there was a monster he would slay it to prove them wrong. Zothecula was tall, a trait from his elven side, but his ears were only slightly pointed. He stood apart from the mass of students, a skulking figure in wispy black robes, his hair shaved on the sides and a messy mop on top. Zothecula's eyes, ringed with dark circles, looked haunted. His hand rested on the leather boxshaped satchel he wore, where he kept his bottle of Laudanum. On his belt was his odd polished stone knife.

Although he was apart fromt he rest, he somehow drifted closer to the group of other "chosen ones". They were greeting each other and having a conversation. Zothecula waited awkwardly to find a way to introduce himself. When there was a brief lull in the conversation he burst out, "Hello, Im Zothecula..." And instantly felt incredibly stupid. He could feel the tips of his ears turning red. But he was too embarrassed to move, so he just stood there and stared at the floor and waited for them to respond.

10. Exzalia

Tess

A half elf approached them, even for a half elf this one was unnerving. he had heard of them from time to time and many people had grown to fear them. But this boy didn't seem dangerous, if anything he looked a little scared. Being a half breed himself Tess felt more pity then disdian.

"What's with the long face!" Tess said sounding happy, he put his arm around Zothecula smiling like they had always been friends. "We are one of the first to be chosen so stop your nervousness and rejoice. Come on laugh with me Muhahahaha"
    Tess smiled, weird though he is, he can be kind as well, in a weird way.

11. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    "Come on laugh with me Muhahahaha."

Zothecula flinched away from the physical contact, but attempted a friendly smile. His mouth twitched at the edges and his brows furrowed in a worried way. His smile was more creepy than welcoming. Finally he stopped and just said, "Look, I use Nox and Im half, but I've memorised every spell taught in class. And I-I..." Feeling stupid again, Zothecula cleared his throat. "I won't mess up", he finished, avoiding everyones eyes. Did one of them have a bird on his shoulder? These people were weird...but heck, Zothecula was the weirdest.

12. Pheonix

Will

Three others walked up, one by one, and Will was forced to detach his attention from River. A brooding looking half elf, who Tess tried to hug while laughing maniacally. A gentle Scorch Fiend with a raven on his shoulder, and another Lorien with long black hair who looked out of place. Will greeted them all. He liked people, and these were people, so he liked them. He didn't know how he had never managed to meet any of them before though. He resolved to be more outgoing.

"Tess, I like you. You're mad, but I like you." He said as Tess continued to try and get Zorthecula to laugh with him." He turned to Varem.

"Look, I use Nox and Im half, but I've memorised every spell taught in class. And I-I...I won't mess up."

"I'm sure you won't, but... if you do, no worries. That's why they send us out in groups...probably." Will replied. "Pleasure to meet you Zorthecula!"

13. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Emery Rose

She rubbed her slick onyx stone between her fingers, the instant heat bringing a flicker of happiness. But, as soon as she removed her delicate fingers from it, the feeling vanished. She was chosen, but not alone. Many others, not worthy in her eyes, had gotten chosen as well. Tess, of all people! And, several elves and other humans.

They disgusted her like vermin in the poor villages. They hadn't the knowledge that she did, most of them probably talked during class. They didn't pay attention or understand the power they held. She knew how to weave the most powerful of elements. Yes, she was the most worthy of all.

The others were clustered together chattering away. She wasn't one to make friends, but she knew she would be traveling with those people. Emery decided that she should at least know their names, even if they didn't deserve the rare chance to speak with her.

Emery's golden dress danced around her, as she walked near to the crowd. Coming to a standstill, she shuddered slightly before doing what she thought she never would.

"Fate has brought us together, so it has forced me to say hello. So, hi. I'm called Emery." A smirk crossed over her lips, as she gave them all a direct look over.

14. Love to Write

River Hoya

"...your ears are funny." The one called Tess said. River's eyes widened in confusion ever so slightly then returned to normal as the half-ling continued speaking...this time about the weather. She chuckled inwardly. Humans and the way they expressed themselves. They were such an interesting species.

I large creature rumbled up. He was larger than her by several feet.

"Greetings fellow students. I am informed it is expected of students to talk to each other. I am Varem of the T'gaian clan. What are your names?" He held out a bronze colored hand. Though he had a large cloak on, it was painfully obvious by his eyes and skin color that he was a Scorch Fiend. If he was here then he was likely from one of the friendly clans.

She touched the tips of the bronze fingers with hers for a moment. "Greeting Varem. I am River of the Dalua tribe." She pulled away. She had often seen Varem around the school. People gave him a wide berth because they feared him. And though he was a terrifying sight indeed, she refused to let the fear get the better of her.
    Her father had once taken her to one of the friendly Scorch tribes to show how they loved nature almost as much the elves did. He taught her that they could be powerful allies if they were treated with respect and honor.

Another halfling approach with a funny greeting. This one was darker than Tess, but Tess tried to show friendship by putting his arm on his shoulder. A curious gesture she had seen among the humans, though usually only with close friends. She wondered why he would show such a gesture with a stranger. Or perhaps they knew one another.

"Fate has brought us together, so it has forced me to say hello. So, hi. I'm called Emery." A smirk crossed over her lips, as she gave them all a direct look over.

A human in an awful golden dress walked over. It was Emery. To often River had been forced to be in this infurating human's presence. And unfortunetly Emery found many different ways to make her name...common. Things like, "Well here comes River. Be a sweetheart and fill my glass." Or "Why do you walk up hill, don't you know rivers flow downhill." Infuriating.

With just a look Emery made other human girls cry or blush. Unfortunetly, she had not yet learned how to turn people into slugs; but she promised herself she'd practice on Emery first when she did.

15. lixAxil

Lebry

So as everyone was introducing their names, it was natural for Lebry to introduce himself to others, before he just raised a hand at them as a greeting, now he will speak with them, is the normal process when stablishing relationship with other people, and on this situation relationships must be developed, as they will travel as a group. Well as already stated Lebry had already met some of the students, while others were completely new to him.

However one part of Lebry's personality loved to made himself the focus of attention, so he didn't saludated all of the students, one by one, instead he clapped and said.
    "Is a pleasure to meet all of you, my name is Lebreus H. Gallaher, yet you can call me Lebry, some of you may know, but I'm an user of Althea and Nox, I expect to have a good experience with all of you!!!....... Also I'm Aries and I like rice and pizza....."

He ended his presentation with his body inclined and his arms extended to all, as making some kind of weird or twisted reverence, either others found it interesting or hilarious, it didn't matter at all to him, as his objective, to make him be known by the others would already start to carve its way into the students, so he smiled

16. Exzalia

Fate has brought us together, so it has forced me to say hello. So, hi. I'm called Emery."
    [/B]
    Tess didn't hear her, now relaxed and getting to know everybody his rampant curiosity takeing over. "A scorch fiend, awesome never met one before. You're nicer than I thought you would be." he turned to Will, "Mad? you think I'm mad? You haven't seen mad.....MUHAHAHAHA" Suddenly Tess stoped as a thought occurred to him.
    "Hey... does anyone actually know where this field trip is taking us? Here we are all being excited for being chosen and none of really knows what we are being chosen for."

The others paused to think, Tess made a good point, never before had the destination of the field trip been withheld. Other students who the group of hero's never met were also chosen, together they left the lecture hall.

Outside Vashal waited for them looking smug, she smiled at the chosen few. Such diversity it was lovely.The academy was built on a tall structure over looking Damiruu, for Miles the kingdom stretched to the east, to the north the lands of Exzalia waited for them. Wild but beautiful, this world practically radiated with eather and life. A flock of wind seers flew in the distance making what looked like a living rainbow calling, their songs sounded like instruments. Damiruu shown brightly under the glorious sun, a kingdom clad in white marble laced with gold, the jewel of humanity.

Suddenly a large wind seer desended greeting Vashal, the size of a dragon wind seers had a serpentine shape with no limbs or wings they flew by using adra eather, their bodies long and graceful they came in all sorts of colours, this one was yellow. It keened a type of call that sounded like a high pitched flute, happily it began rubbing it's soft almost adorable head on Vashals body, clearly glad to see her.
    "Awww who's my favorite wind seer, you know you are, you know you are." Vashal said petting the giant ribbon looking creature on it's smooth head.

Tess turned to his new found classmates. "Sooo she seems a little...preoccupied, I dare one of you to startle the great and terrible Mis Vashal!" Tess said in a cheesy voice.
    "But kidding aside who's going to ask her, I already got in trouble yesterday so I aint takeing any chances."

17. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Zothecula

"Not me", Zothecula said, almost in a whisper. He had issues authority figures, especially school staff. They always picked favorites and the other kids had to make due. Zothecula wasn't sure if Ms Vashal was like that, but he assumed she was. After introducing himself, Zothecula stood at the fringes of the group and remained silent. He wasn't sure he liked the look of that girl, Emery. She looked a little too snooty for his taste. He scowled at her when he thought she wasn't looking. And Tess...Tess was definitely weird.

18. lixAxil

Tess dared to her classmates to ask the reason of this trip, that was something that has been lurking through the mind of Lebry for a long time, he proposed inside of his mind numerous situations, yet all were simple speculation, thus asking was the most intelligent option.... however.... why was he nervous??, it was just a question, and just a teacher, it's nothing out of the world, yet still this situation made Lebry nervous enough to start sweating. Yet he still turned to his other classmates and said.

I..I'll ask her... it's no big deal after all no?
    . His face was sweating of course, and it was strange for him. Still he already decided too, slowly one step by one step he went closer to Miss Vashal, while thinking again into the countless posibilities..... "What if we're gonna be used as an experiment for some crazy organization!!!! he thought, and then shaked his head, denying the ridiculeness of that thought. And he finally got close to Miss Vashal, who inquired with only a glance and no words at Lebry, yet he understood it as "What's the matter?"

Uuuum, you'll see Miss Vashal, Lebry was nervous while speaking, then he continued, my classmates and I were wondering, well...... Why did we were chosen?, where are we going?, and the most important of all..... What's the objecitve behind all this??. Would you please answer our doubts Miss Vashal?.
    He tried to be as correct as he could when speaking, yet the nerves betrayed him, still he managed to fulfill his objective, and that was enough for now

19. Exzalia

The big reveal

Uuuum, you'll see Miss Vashal, Lebry was nervous while speaking, then he continued, my classmates and I were wondering, well...... Why did we were chosen?, where are we going?, and the most important of all..... What's the objecitve behind all this??. Would you please answer our doubts Miss Vashal?

Vashal smiled at her with a twinkle in her eye, "I was hopeing you would ask...why the nervous look though?" Vashal chuckled teaseingly. "Gather round students, now can any of you guess where we will be going?"

"Charon?" one student shouted. It was the place last years students went.
    "Nope!" replied Vashal, "guess again."
    "Um....the floating kingdom of Adra?" Another student called. Adra named after wind eather was a fabled floating human kingdom. Tess kind of wished they were going there.
    "Nope try again!"
    "Lore?"
    Nope."
    The student began scratching their heads trying hard to remeber. Tess pondered, "no...it couldn't be...Grove? Are we going to Grove?"
    "Don't be stupid Tess, why would be go to Grove?" Another student barked. Vashal smiled, she looked mischievious at least.
    "Jokes on you Clare becuase Tess is right, we are heading to Grove."

"WHAT!!!!" All the students shouted collectively in disbelive. Grove was one of the most dangerous lands in all of Exzalia! perphaps thats why only the strongest students were chosen. But why Grove?

murmures sounded behind Tess " I heard all the elves in Grove were massicered by the humans there." One girl whispered, "Oh ya? I heard they chop up Merfolk and put them in stew." another said.
    "I heard that at night time is double the length of day time in Grove, how creepy is that?"

Vashal made a small spell go pop to get back her student attentions, "Now now, there is no point in spreading baseless rumours, I assure you that is all hog wash. More information will be given to you on the way there, for now ALL aboard the wind seer!"

"Ugh I hate rideing wind seers." one student moaned as he climbed on.

Tess could not hide his exctement, finally, A real adventure! he looked back at his friends. Some of them looked confused and a little frightened. "Do you guys know anything about Grove?" Tess asked

20. Pheonix

Will

"Do you guys know anything about Grove?" Tess asked. Will had only heard a little, and most of it bad. But that didn't bother him to much.

"Not much really. But you seem to. Care to enlighten us?" He asked as he moved towards the wind seer. He adjusted his sword belt, the scabbard giving off a faint glow, and prepared himself for an adventure. And this would be an adventure, he was sure of it.

21. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Zothecula

"Do you guys know anything about Grove?"

Zothecula knew only that it was a highly dangerous place. Why would Miss Vashal put them in that much danger? Maybe the true purpose of this field trip was to get rid of Zothecula... But that was a bit egotistical. Why would she arrange a whole trip just to kill him? If she wanted to she could probably summon him to her office and blast him to dust. Then what were they gonna do in Grove? It wasn't the type of place to have a theme park, for sure. But it was bound to have a huge rambling deadly dungeon. Zothecula always wanted to go through a dungeon, they were so creepy, how could he resist?

"Im getting on the seer", Zothecula said to no one in particular. He headed for the wind seer without looking back. He was too excited to get to Grove and explore its dark places and test himself.

22. lixAxil

Lebry

"Haven't you heard?...."
    Murmured Lebry.

"Grove is a place where your worst nightmares take true shape, were the reflect of the fear inside your hearts is projected into a physical manifestation.
    The rivers are pitch black, stinky and gross; the sky is covered eternally by a crimson painting, beasts lurks there all time, and night is almost eternal, while day is frightening.
    Scorching heat, merciless cold, furious winds, and heavy rain."

He continued on a grim tone

"I've also heard that there lives an unknown culture, .... they love to rip off the skin of their victims while being alive and conscious, then slowly eat them alive starting from the bottom to the upper part. After that they use the skin and bones into ceremonial dances, and save the blood of their victims to made mischievous drinks."

Of course Lebry was joking, yet his idea was to scare his classmates with that story

23. Exzalia

Lore of Exzalia, well of darkness

Not much really. But you seem to. Care to enlighten us?"

Grove from what I heard has an unusual amount of Dark eather flowing through its lands. As such many dangerous creatures of the dark are drawn to there, Vampires, werewolfs, undead. I also heard that many Necromancers also sully in Grove, I heard the humans there all hide behind catsles most of the time. keep in mind this is all baseless rumours."
    Tess jumped on The wind seer along with the other students, the wind swirled around them locking them onto the creatures back, they wouldn't fall off even if hung upside down.

Soon all the students clmbed on the massive creature. Vashal patted its head and said in Damirian "Dastay" The creature suddenly nose dived! a bunch of kids screamned as the wind seer plummeted downward, before sharply pulling back up sailing into the air. Vashal laughed clearly amused by some of her students terror.
    "You people need to ride Wind seers more often!" She teased.
    About 10 minutes into the flight Vashal asked.

"Do any of you know the tale of the well of Darkness? In Exzalias Lore there is a story of how a bright land filled with life, was consumed by a well spewing countless dark eather, The energy of death. That land is rumored to be Grove. last year Our very own mages discovered what they call the well of Darkness. Mages from every school across Exzalia wanted to study it. But the Mages who found it chose Our acadamy above all others to be the first to set eyes on this Fabled well of Darkness."

Oohs and awes sounded, Vashal grinned.

"You don't have to worry, the most powerful mages will be there you kids will be safe. So stop worrying an enjoy the ride, this is an honour!" Vashal caused the wind seer to dive again, just to troll her students.

Tess chuckled "Thats miss Vashal for you."

24. Love to Write

River Hoya

"I've also heard that there lives an unknown culture, .... they love to rip off the skin of their victims while being alive and conscious, then slowly eat them alive starting from the bottom to the upper part. After that they use the skin and bones into ceremonial dances, and save the blood of their victims to made mischievous drinks." Lebry said. His voice was like one who was telling a scary story.

River shook her head as she climbed on the wind seer. She loved these creatures. She and her family rode them all the time in forest of Dalua. Vashal guided the seer into a nose dive and and she laughed as the other children screamed.
    As Miss Vashal flew the wonderful wind beast she spoke of the Well of Darkness. A tale she had heard many times. Tess seemed to be just as excited as she was. She had never seen the place in real life; but she was excited about this once in a lifetime chance.

25. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Emery Rose

Grove? Seriously? Emery sighed, she had hoped for somewhere better. She had read about Grove, it seemed like a revolting place in her eyes. But, her knowledge about it had been words on a page. A spark of hope glimmered for a brief second, only to be put out when Miss Vashal turned the wind seer to drop a few feet. Emery gasped, but not in excitement. The teacher was playing games! How highly unprofessional.

As they continued to glide on the horizon, Emery thought about the story the teacher had told. The Well of Darkness. Sounded interesting enough, and the talk of other mages perked her interest. She wondered if she'd be able to practice more fire weaving, it had been ages since she had been in a good fight.

She carefully turned around to see River close by. The elfin girl was beaming her sickly sweet smile. How she detested the unhuman. She was pretty enough, but that happy twinkle in her eye was irritating.

"Looks like you are finally reaching to the sky, rivers are normally earthbound. Hmm?" Emery flashed her spiteful smile, wishing it to burn River's confidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.