The Flame of the Crimson Rose

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Honorius, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lebby

Lebby New Member

As Cole took his place next to Addison, Caleb once again began to speak.

"Cole, the thought occurs that if this man is close to God, it may be prudent not to piss him off. And I agree with you Nathan, we need somewhere with a nicer atmosphere to talk." Caleb turned to Bob, "What are our extraction options Mr. Bobson? Helicopter? Private Jet? Divine Intervention? Private Jet?"

2. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"Well I wish that I could tell you all more, but sadly I'm running out of time. But I'll do my best to answer the rest of your questions." Bob could feel the planet pulling and tearing at him. The world needed him to return, it didn't have enough excess strength to keep this up.

"While it may not seem particularly safe, I assure you Nathan, and the rest of you, that you would rather speak here than where there are fireballs flying all over the place. And no Caleb, I am not all powerful. You weren't teleported here, I merely displaced your spiritual position along the fourth axis. And you aren't just a bunch of teenagers, Nathan is twenty anyways. You all are the foundation of a community. There are two others that I really wanted to be here, but that's okay. Anyway, every community on the face of the earth can be represented by people like you. We have the kind and generous people like Susanna, the popular like Cole, the lonely like Adam, we have everyone. Between all of you, there is every kind of person imaginable. I chose you all because there was no one else to chose from. There are no heroes in this world, only regular people. So I chose regular people who represented a young and growing community." Something dripped down from the top of the statue, causing Bob to wince. He really was running out of time. Now he was breathing heavy, it took everything he had to stay here.

"Now Cole, I know you're upset, but I need you to help me with this. You're part of the community too. People look up to you. You can lead a community just as well as you can lead a soccer team. If you don't help me, no not me, this entire group, this entire city, this entire planet of precious souls, you are going to die. And you are going to die being responsible for the death of the entire world. Here's what I need you to do, I need you to keep this rock safe, and take it out of town. As far away as you can. If you lose it, you need to get it back immediately."

"Please be careful. All of you. Godspeed." With that, Bob vanished. Disappeared into thin air. Then something dripped from the statue again. And again. And Again. And then something fell.

Warning: This is going to be very gruesome, or at least as gruesome as my writing skills can make it.

It was a leg. Or part of one anyways. It was torn to ribbons, shreds of meat and bone protruding from it everywhere, blood running down the sides. It looked like it had been sliced up and then chewed on by some massive beast. And then a wind blew through the park, blowing away the smoke and dust that clouded the top of the statue. A body was stuck upon the sword that was held by the stone general's hand. Although, it could hardly be called a body. It's eyes had been gouged out, it's hands were missing, massive chunks of flesh were missing from the torso, blood, bits of bone and organs covered the skin and clothes, organs were spilling out of holes in the body, it was covered in giant stab wounds and horrible lacerations. It was horrible. It was Bob Bobson.

3. DustinTheWind

DustinTheWind Active Member

Sam spoke up, "Okay, I have to agree with these guys; this makes no sense. Why get a bunch of teenagers who don't even know each other - at the very least, I hardly recognize any of these people - to guard your rock? Why not get an army or some archangels or some powerful monster? It just makes no sense. We're not warriors, we're just normal - okay, I hesitate to refer to myself as normal by any sense of the word - but fairly normal teenagers!

"Oh yeah, and it makes no sense. This whole 'city blows up and Gaia personally asks us to guard the Unimpressive Rock of Almighty Destiny' scenario makes no sense."

But it was too late. Right as he began speaking, the figure vanished.

And reappeared, run through on the statue's sword.

Sam looked up at it for a moment, then looked around. "I get it now," he muttered to himself, pulling an orange pharmacy bottle from his pocket. He closed his eyes, popped a few of the pills into his mouth, swallowed, then looked around again. Everything was still there. "Okay, so that's not it. What the heck is going on?"

4. Evil Flamingo

Evil Flamingo Banned Contributor

Nathan looked up in horror. He couldn't believe what was going on, and wanted nothing more than to move. "Nope. No, I don't...I...screw it." He grimaced as he reached past the leg.

Nathan grabbed the stone, wondering what it could possibly do. It gave him a slight tingle in his hand, up his arm. What power does this have; bringing back the dead? Can it give me power? What is it? He stuck in his tool bag for safe keeping.

"What the f***?" he couldn't help himself. What are we supposed to do now? I have absolutely no idea what I was taken for, but if somebody else knows you better speak up. What are you people?" His confusion made his anger grow. It wouldn't subside until he got some answers.

5. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Caleb saw that Nathan was getting unstable. He ran up to the angry man, and gripped his shoulder.

"Nathan, shhh, mate its me. Caleb. Last week you fixed my computer. Remember? The one with hammer holes in the screen. We are all as lost as you. But if we want to make sense of this, we need to work together," Caleb turned to the rest of the group, "As the newly elected leader of 'What The Hell Ville' I reccomend we find somewhere to lay low, and gain our barings. I think there is a large warehouse near here, but Im open to suggestions."

Caleb looked around at the rest of the group, hoping for someone else to say something.

However under Caleb's calm exterior the seeds of horror had been planted, and were blossoming. He had always hated the sight of blood, more than most. It was a phobia. The grisly sight of Bob's body had damaged his enthusiasm considerably.

A voice at the back of his head whispered, "This will be hell, and you will die."

Caleb looked at ground, and shuddered.

'Who are you?' Caleb thought nervously.

'In due time child, in due time.'

Caleb's eyes widened, and he sweated profusely.

6. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

Addison looked up in horror and the body of Bob. This was too much. Way too much. She was angry and upset and in terrible pain, the kind of pain she wouldn't ever wish on anybody to endure. And the man who had given them some answers, but also more riddles, was dead on a statue above her heard partiall claiming responsibility for what had happened to Gage. It made her want to scream and cry and run away from everyone and everything at the same time. But she couldn't do any of that. The shock of what Bob had said and given them and where his grisled remains were now had cleared her head more than anything else. The tears had stopped and her mind was able to comprehend more. She was sure that soon she was would it again, but for the moment she was able to stay slightly calm and rational.

"Does anyone really know whats going on here?"

7. Evil Flamingo

Nathan looked back over to Caleb who was talking to what seemed like thin air. What is he doing? "Hey bud," and grabbed his shoulder to bring him back to reality, "wake up, if you think you're leader, you better get in the game." Nathan wasn't all too sure of Caleb being the leader, he didn't seem to fit the part, at all. But Nathan wasn't about to lead the group either, he just wanted to carry the burden of the object. "Who are you talking to?"

Does anyone really know what's going on here?

Nathan turned over to the girl who was crying before. "Yeah, I'd like to know that too. Somebody here is hiding something, something we need to know."

Nathan was still angry, and attempts to relieve it weren't going to work.

8. Lebby

Lebby New Member

"Who are you talking to?"

Caleb hastily looked up.

"Nothing!" he assured Nathan, "And Im not the leader, Im the comic relief. Read up on your stereotypes!"

Nathan however had moved over to Addison.

Caleb followed suit, just in time to hear Nathan voice his thinly veiled threat.

"Somebody here is hiding something, something we need to know."

Caleb coughed politely.

"For the moment lets assume everyone is innocent, and find a place to get some rest. There are some buildings on the edge of the park. When we arrive, I will be able to find out if anyone is lying," Caleb looked around, "Well I might be able too, or on the other hand, I may just tickle them."

9. yellowm&M

"Yeah, I'd like to know that too. Somebody here is hiding something, something we need to know." Nathan spoke, immediately answered bt a much less menacing Caleb.

"For the moment lets assume everyone is innocent, and find a place to get some rest. When we arrive, I will be able to find out if anyone is lying," Caleb looked around, "Well I might be able too, or on the other hand, I may just tickle them."

Had she not been sitting in the middle of a destroyed city with a body above her and her brother gone Addison had a feeling she would have laughed at Caleb's comment, but not this time. She could feel the temporary calm fading away again, complimented by another wave of searing pain as she saw for the hundreth time Gage surrounded by fire. Despite what Bob had said she still couldn't bring herself to believe that he was...no...she couldn't even think it.

"Caleb's right, at least for the moment we should rest. Tomorrow...well I don't know what we're going to do tomorrow, but...there's nothing we can do tonight...nothing at all.." With a weary sigh, her reserves of calm spent, Addison pulled her knees up against her chest and wound her arms around them, quiet tears leaking out of her eyes again.

10. Lebby

Lebby New Member

"Caleb's right, at least for the moment we should rest. Tomorrow...well I don't know what we're going to do tomorrow, but...there's nothing we can do tonight...nothing at all.."

After that Addison seemed spent. She was reduced to a shivering ball. Caleb sighed, and kneeled next to Addison, and gave her a reassuring squeeze on the arm.

"We aren't going without you," Caleb looked up at Cole and Nathan, "See if you can get everyone waltzing in... north, no... that way."

Caleb pointed left into the murky darkness.

"There are some buildings, over there, I think. Right now shelter is what we need. Oh and someone get that rock, or give it to me, Im good with pet rocks. We get along famously."

He then looked at Addison, and tried to catch her gaze.

"Everything will be fine. Gage will be ok... I know it."

11. Evil Flamingo

"Oh and someone get that rock"

"I've got it, don't worry about it. I don't know what it does or how to use it, but I don't think anybody else does either. It's as safe with me as would be with anyone else, at least as far as I can tell." He was silently annoyed with Caleb asking for it. Nathan could never stand it when he wasn't in control in something. This was going to be his thing, until someone took by force. But what is it?

Nathan gave a last glance at the impaled body, then the leg on the ground. He shook his head, unamused with the latest happenings. He looked down at his bag; at the hidden stone. It angered him, yet struck his curiosity. It called to his attention, yet made him want to throw it. Something so small, but apparently so dangerous. "This thing's going to bring us hell isn't it?" he asked the group, but made it sound like more of a statement.

Nathan knew we needed to move, even though the ghost had said not to. He had had enough of crazy things going down; and his shoulder still ached, even though it was healing amazingly fast. "Alright, screw it, we need to get up and out. You know of a warehouse? Well let's go there then, I want some walls around me." Hopefully this call would round up a few people to get going. He had the stone after all, and it's not like anybody else had a better idea than Caleb.

12. Lebby

Lebby New Member

"Alright, screw it, we need to get up and out. You know of a warehouse? Well let's go there then, I want some walls around me."

Nathans reply pleased Caleb.

Truth be told that rock made him a tad nervous, and he'd prefer someone else held it for the time being.

"Nathan, go on ahead with the others I'll stay with Addi- mind if I call you Addi? Until she feels fit to move," Caleb assured Addison.

A low warmth began to emanate from his heart.

'Heart,' Caleb thought to himself, 'Nows not the time.'

'Oh but look at her eyes, awwww those big pretty eyes,' Caleb's heart replied.

'Heart! You know how I like eyes! be quiet!'

'And look at her long brown hair, you've always had a thing for brunettes,' Heart insisted.

'Well that is true- wait NO! Not now heart. please go away'

'Well while you've been talking to yourself, you've been staring at her for a minute straight,' heart pointed out cheekily.

Caleb paused.

'Buggernuggets.'

13. Evil Flamingo

Nathan looked over at Caleb for a few minutes utterly bewildered. "First off, we're not splitting up unless we have to. And secondly, are you alright? You're looking like your losing it again." The last thing we need is someone having a psychotic break right now while we're already in so much danger. This is a recipe for disaster. "Either we're all waiting for you two, or your comin' with right now." Nathan always hated hold-ups, but he had to let the little things slide with all the events that had happened.

"And third off, I have no idea where the f*** this building is."

14. Lebby

Lebby New Member

"And third off, I have no idea where the f*** this building is."

"Nathan, Im fine. Addisons in shock. Its not fair to ask her to travel two kilometres that way, turn right at the rubble of the fountain, and keep heading straight. If you reach the cluster of trees, and hippy activist group you've gone to far," Caleb told Nathan in a mock serious tone.

Before Nathan could respond, Caleb continued.

"Nathan, please you have to trust me. Go one without us, we'll catch up. I can tell Addisons a strong girl, she'll be right as rain in ten minutes or so. Speaking of the stuff," Caleb pointed at the turmoltuos grey sky, as a flash of lightning briefly illuminated the park.

The first heavy drops of rain spattered Caleb's skin, bringing with it a sense of calm. He loved the rain.

"If you want to miss the brunt of the storm, get moving," he lowered his voice, "I can handle myself."

At that Caleb felt energy course through his veins, and erupt out of his eyes. He was familiar with the effect, as it was one of the few aspects of his 'abilities' that he could control. It also occasionally happened when he activated some of his other 'powers.'

It was purely a cosmetic change, but a noticeable one. His pupils, would disappear, and his eyes reduced to nothing but golden light pouring out of holes.

After a few seconds, he dispelled the effect, hoping that Nathan would be convinced that there was more to Caleb then meets the eye.

Pun Intended.

15. yellowm&M

"We aren't going without you," Caleb looked up at Cole and Nathan, "See if you can get everyone waltzing in... north, no... that way. There are some buildings, over there, I think. Right now shelter is what we need. Oh and someone get that rock, or give it to me, Im good with pet rocks. We get along famously. Everything will be fine. Gage will be ok... I know it."

She looked up at him with desperate, slightly hopeful eyes as he mentioned Gage. But she didn't speak, just listened as they began to talk about the rock Bob had left them.

"Alright, screw it, we need to get up and out. You know of a warehouse? Well let's go there then, I want some walls around me."

"Nathan, go on ahead with the others I'll stay with Addi- mind if I call you Addi? Until she feels fit to move,"

"First off, we're not splitting up unless we have to. And secondly, are you alright? You're looking like your losing it again." The last thing we need is someone having a psychotic break right now while we're already in so much danger. This is a recipe for disaster. "Either we're all waiting for you two, or your comin' with right now. And third off, I have no idea where the f*** this building is."

The two of them were arguing now over a place to go. It faintly registered with Addison that she should get out of the cold, but she didn't have the strength to move right now. Somewhere inside her she felt at flare of appreciation at Caleb's instinctual understanding of this.

"Nathan, Im fine. Addisons in shock. Its not fair to ask her to travel two kilometres that way, turn right at the rubble of the fountain, and keep heading straight. If you reach the cluster of trees, and hippy activist group you've gone to far," Caleb told Nathan in a mock serious tone. "Nathan, please you have to trust me. Go one without us, we'll catch up. I can tell Addisons a strong girl, she'll be right as rain in ten minutes or so. Speaking of the stuff,"

A wet drop fell into the middle of Addison's head and she started convinced it was blood, but then she realized it was rain, cool rain. When they were little she and Gage used to play in the rain all the time, their father hated it and their mother would always scold them a little but they both knew she didn't actually care. She had always loved the rain because of that.

"If you want to miss the brunt of the storm, get moving," he lowered his voice, "I can handle myself."

The hand he had placed on her arm earlier reassured her. She had never noticed before, but for all of his cheerfulness and willingness to joke, there was something wonderfully calm about Caleb's presence. Addison knew they should get to shelter but she needed to sit her for a little longer, build back a little bit of her reserves, and Caleb was offering her that, albeit indirectly. She took a deep breath and found her voice again.

"Go on...I just need a moment...to sit...." Her voice trailed off again, getting lost in her newest set of tears, at least now they had become quiet.

16. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Since the man had appeared Adam listened intently, without making a sound. But he didn't understand. Why was he chosen? Nobody ever picked him for anything, and now all of a sudden he was part of a team who were supposed to save the world. However, even with his constant doubt and attempts to push the thoughts back, he knew this was somehow related to the strange things that had been happening to him for the past month. He welcomed the changes, but never thought they would lead to something like this. All he wanted to do was to go home, and check if his family was alright - his mother, his father, and his baby brother, Max.

The group were discussing the prospect of finding shelter, and as it was already dark, and storm clouds loomed above, Adam couldn't help but agree. Maybe once they were out of the park his phone would have signal again, then he could phone his parents. He would've left immediately to go back home, but didn't want to be by himself. Not that he ever was by himself lately, but the company of other people seemed safer, even if he didn't really know them.

"So, are we going?" He asked, walking up to Cole - the only person he thought was capable of leading this group.

17. DustinTheWind

DustinTheWind Active Member

Sam looked up at the brewing storm and smiled for a moment. He had always loved the rain. For some reason, it always seemed to be a sort of comfort to him. He would often take walks through parks in the thick of rainstorms, a habit that had already cost him five sketchbooks, two cell phones, and an iPod. Remembering this, he wrapped his sketchpad in the hand towel and tucked it under his shirt. This was one sketchbook he wouldn't be losing to the rain, at least not so quickly.

A little ways away, some of the others were talking, discussing where to go next. And yet they seemed to be forgetting something important. "Uh, guys," he cut in, "I know we want to get moving as quickly and possible and everything, but shouldn't we give Bob a proper burial?"

18. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

"So, are we going?"

Cole was still rather in shock. He had trouble tearing his eyes away from the morbid figure of Bobson impaled on the statue. Bob had called him a leader, but he wasn't sure he wanted to lead this adventure.

Looking around he could see that the 'team' if it could be called that was already in crisis. One girl was in shock, and practically refusing to move, others were rambling and muttering to themselves almost uncontrolably, and the person he who seemed least trustworthy held the stupid rock.

"...shouldn't we give Bob a proper burial"

The boy who spoke was thin and soft looking. Cole wondered what his role in the group could be.

"I don't think that that is what Bob would have wanted. We seem to have some pretty bad-ass characters after us, and we need to get out of town. We'll come back for Bob once this is all over, I'm not even convinced we haven't seen the last of him."

He stooped down next to Addison. As he did he edged slightly in between her and Caleb. "Hey, this is weird ****, but its not safe to stay behind. We should really stick together as a group, and the sooner we move the sooner we can sort all this out."

"Lets go guys," straightening he nodded at Nathan, and then indicated for Caleb to lead the way. He bent again and very gently and affectionately put an arm around Addison in an offer to help her stand.

19. Zigg

Zigg Banned

"Lets go guys,"

"Ok." said Kaz, appearing from behind the rest of the group.

"Anyone know somewhere safe?" he said, then added, "At least as safe as possible, i guess. I dunno."

He then pulled up the hood on his jacket.

20. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Caleb felt a pang of jelousy as Cole lifted Addison up, but managed to stifle it.

"Well if you know your fit to move," Caleb said to Addison.

"At least as safe as possible, i guess. I dunno."

Caleb looked horrified at the boy who had just spoken for the first time.

"My beloved warehouse! I've told you! How could you forget my lovely warehouse!"

Serious once more Caleb then turned to the shy boy who had suggested burying Bob.

He smiled, "Names Caleb. Compassionate thought there, we'll be needing that sort of thinking in the days to come."

He then marched to the head of the 'column.'

"ATTENNNNNNTION!" Caleb bellowed, "And MARCH! 2,3 and HUP! 2,3 and HUP 2,3!"

Caleb then began to skip merrily, beckoning the group to follow.

"Follow the mud spattered road! Follow the mud spattered road! Follow, Follow, Follow, Follow, Follow the mud spattered road!"

21. yellowm&M

"Hey, this is weird ****, but its not safe to stay behind. We should really stick together as a group, and the sooner we move the sooner we can sort all this out. Lets go guys,"

The soccer star from school...she thought his name was Cole or something, had stepped between her and Caleb and was now gently putting his arm around her. With his help she shakily stood up. she was thankful for his arm there, if it hadn't been there she was pretty sure she would have simply fallen right over. Leaning into him she forced her legs to work.

"Well if you know your fit to move,"

"I think I'll be fine" She smiled weakly at Caleb who turned away to talk to another boy then stride up to the front of their group and start leading them.

"ATTENNNNNNTION!" Caleb bellowed, "And MARCH! 2,3 and HUP! 2,3 and HUP 2,3!" He began to skip ahead as he sang.

"Follow the mud spattered road! Follow the mud spattered road! Follow, Follow, Follow, Follow, Follow the mud spattered road!"

Addison almost felt like laughing. With Cole's support she started walking forward.

22. Zigg

Zigg Banned

"My beloved warehouse! I've told you! How could you forget my lovely warehouse!"

"Sorry, just... Confused by all the stuff that happened." Kaz replied.

ATTENNNNNNTION!" Caleb bellowed, "And MARCH! 2,3 and HUP! 2,3 and HUP 2,3!"

"Whoah Sgt. Major! Why march? I mean, like, marching is slooooow! Why not get the Bus?" said Kaz.

23. Lebby

Lebby New Member

"Whoah Sgt. Major! Why march? I mean, like, marching is slooooow! Why not get the Bus?"

Caleb dropped back into his gruff drill instructor voice, "YOU GIVING ME LIP PRIVATE? UNLESS YOU FEEL LIKE RUNNING TWO KILOMETRES THROUGH THE RAIN, AND GODDAMN SLIPPERY MUD, I SUGGEST YOU SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE, AND KEEP MOVING!"

After saying that Caleb dropped back a bit, to the boy his sergeant persona had verbally assaulted, "Sorry, no offence intended, I'm Caleb by the way," he said in a hushed tone.

He then tossed a glance back Addisons way, hoping to catch her eye.

Caleb then shook his head, tousling his damp hair, and jogged to the front of the group.

The storm had brewed up, and visibilty was becoming considerably hampered.

"OK LADIES! LETS KICK IT UP A NOTCH!"

24. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

What was going on? Why was this happening? Susanna sorta understood, part of what the stranger had said made sense, but too much of it was still a mystery. And then the stranger was dead. And his body... Dear lord his body. It wasn't even human...

And yet, the others were moving on. Susanna couldn't believe it, these people had the strength after all this to keep going. It was incredible. Inspiring even. Maybe they could survive through this after all.

By this time, everyone had begun to walk towards a warehouse of some sort for safety and to sped the night in. Susanna began to follow when the words of one of the other people in the group reminded her of something pretty important. Marching was slow, so they should take the bus. The buses surely weren't driving at a time like this, but Susanna could drive. And the stranger had brought her van with her. And it was definitely big enough to carry the group. There wouldn't be enough seats, but they would all fit.

"Um..." Susanna spoke up, "I have my van here, so we don't have to walk. And we won't get wet."

25. Zigg

Zigg Banned

"OK LADIES! LETS KICK IT UP A NOTCH!"

"Yeah, men are doing just fine! Get a move on ladies!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.