The Flame of the Crimson Rose

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Honorius, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zigg

Zigg Banned

"I have my van here, so we don't have to walk. And we won't get wet."

"You couldn't have said that BEORE we walked through a lot of mud couldn't you?" Kaz said, but in a jolly voice. "Could we all fit though?"

He kicked a bit of litter at a wall covered in graffiti whilst he spoke.. Then he thought of something.

"Where did the fast freak go?"

2. Lebby

Lebby New Member

"I have my van here, so we don't have to walk. And we won't get wet."

Caleb spun around, and recognised the girl who was with Addison when they first appeared in the dilipidated park.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING BEFORE?" Caleb boomed, he then softened his voice, "However for getting us out of the rain you are promoted to KICK ASS 5 star general!"

Caleb grinned, relishing the prospect of a nice easy drive and gestured for Susanna to lead the way to her van.

3. Evil Flamingo

Evil Flamingo Banned Contributor

Nathan really couldn't be anymore annoyed with the group, other than the kid who didn't talk, Cole kind of, and the girl with the van (mostly because all she's done is be helpful since she appeared). Otherwise, he was contemplating taking the hammer in his bag to Caleb's skull, and was sick of the crying girl from, well, crying. Irritated and confused and downright anger just forced him to yell out. "Come on people, let's move!"

He figured that's all that really needed to be said. He felt himself grabbed the hammer from the outside of the bag. If we don't go soon, I'm breaking somebody's skull. His other fist was clenched, but his face remained fairly neutral.

4. Zigg

Zigg Banned

"Are we gonna stand here or get in the van, people?" Said Kaz, as he picked up a tennis ball from the ground.

5. Lebby

Lebby New Member

As Caleb passed Nathan, he gave him a hearty thump on the back.

But the instant his hand made contact with Nathans back, golden beams burst from Caleb's eyes, and his mind was whisked away to a realm not of his own.

'I hate it when this happens,' Caleb thought slightly exasperated.

Occasionally when making physical contact with someone Caleb found he had the rather irritating ability to read minds.

As he carefully slunk through Nathan's experiences, and memories, he encountered the current fantasy that Nathan was entertaining; 'Bashing Caleb's Head Open With My Hammer.'

Slightly taken aback, Caleb withdrew from Nathans mind.

"I'd suggest you withhold bashing my brains out and keep that hammer in your bag," Caleb casually commented.

The van then came into view.

6. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Adam was watching the group silently. Susanna had gone to get her van, and everyone else, other than Addison, seemed to be in disputes amongst each other, or rather, in disputes with Caleb, who Adam had to admit was being a tad annoying. How could he be so nonchalant at a time like this? Then, as he was watching the light brown haired boy, he noticed something odd. The boy's eyes glowed a strange golden colour as he placed his hand on another guy's back.

"I'd suggest you withhold bashing my brains out and put that hammer back in your bag,"

The sounds of an approaching vehicle echoed from behind him. Adam had to blink to make sure what he was seeing was real - and sure enough, it was. So, there was another with an ability. Maybe they all had abilities. Adam hadn't thought about it before, but maybe that's why they were all chosen to be in this team.

7. Zigg

Zigg Banned

"Where did that vehicle come from?" asked Kaz as he saw it.

Or is it another of them magic things?" he pondered.

8. Evil Flamingo

"I'd suggest you withhold bashing my brains out and put that hammer back in your bag,"

Nathan heard this and it struck him cold, but not complacent. He looked over at Caleb with more of an angrier look, than a questioning one. What are you? he thought. They were chosen for a reason, he realized, each of them must have secrets. But then he thought of himself. I am nothing, and I don't have any kind of powers. Why would he choose me. As he focused on his thoughts, he slowly released the hammer, and forgot about Caleb all together. He now had to figure out what he knew, or what he could do. Nathan stared off into the distance until he saw the lights of the van approaching.

9. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

After Susanna's announcement about the van everyone had stood waiting for her too arrive with it. The longer she stood, Addison realized, the less shaky she felt. Experimently she shifted her weight from leaning against Cole's side to standing up next to him with only a small amount of support from him. She didn't feel like she was about to fall over which was a good thing. This small amount of strangth she had rediscovered pushed her into really thinking about what was going on without it being consumed with what had happened to Gage. They were now all roped into being part of some mission thing. Bob had said they were all here for reasons, but she hadn't the faintest clue what those reasons could be. Why was she one of these people? She poondered the question for a moment but could think of no reason. Next she looked at the other people in the group. There was the quiet guy from school, he had spoken very little and seemed very withdrawn. There was Cole who had also been fairly quiet, but also very level-headed which was good. There was the older girl who seemed fairly helpful and sweet and another guy who hadn't said very much either. Then there was Nathan who had the rock and seemed to be at constant odds with happy go-lucky Caleb. She really had no idea how Caleb had remined this happy throughout this whole ordeal, it was really quite impressive. She watched him pat Nathan on the back, and for a breidf second his eyes seemed to turn gold. Staring at him, his voice floated back towards her.

Her eybrows rose slightly, it appeared Caleb had some sort of extra ability. Perhaps that was why he was here...though that still didn't explain most of the other people. At that moment the lights of the van cut through the rain as it drove up infront of them.

10. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Somehow, the group managed to all fit into the van. There wasn't a whole lot of room, but it worked. Considering that it was her van, Susanna drove with Caleb in the passenger seat since he was the one who knew the location of the warehouse. On the drive there, the group managed to see the full extent of the destruction.

The majority of the surrounding buildings were damaged or out right destroyed and a lot of the road was pitted with craters and filed with debris. The worst part though, was the bodies. The dead littered the land scape, torn up bodies, burnt bodies, bits and pieces of bodies. The group did their best to avert their eyes. It wasn't a pleasant sight.

Eventually though, they reached the warehouse, which, as luck had it, was perfectly intact. A few dents from debris here and there, and a few scorch marks on the west wall, but other wise fine.

"Well, it looks like we managed to get here in one piece. This place is safe, isn't it Caleb?"

11. Lebby

Lebby New Member

"Well, it looks like we managed to get here in one piece. This place is safe, isn't it Caleb?"

Caleb's face broke out into a wide smile at Sussana's question.

"Oh you wanted Shelter AND safety? Well I'm afraid we'll have to go elsewhere then, the slobbering rampant wilder beasts that inhabit this fine establishment don't like to be disturbed."

Chuckling Caleb strode towards a side entrance to the ominous building.

Luckily the door wasn't locked, and slid open easily.

Caleb bowed and pointed inside at the encroaching gloom, "Welcome ladies and gentlemen to my Holiday home!"

12. Evil Flamingo

Nathan stepped out of the van, ignoring Caleb's comment. He walked and looked around at the abandoned building, with his hammer out and in his hand. It was better than nothing. God, I hope no one else is in here, he thought, I don't need any more blood on me today. He was somewhat nervous of the building, with it's size and darkness.

Then he spotted the light switch on the side. "Finally," he mumbled to himself. The lights slowly turned on as they went down the length of the building. It was sort of eerie, with the clicking noise they made as they popped on. It echoed throughout the building. Nothing moved, and Nathan believed that, at least, the inside of the warehouse was safe. Now he needed to look around and see if there was anything he could use. The first thing he spotted was a pile of medium length steel pipes. They weren't very wide, but the metal was pretty thick. He thought to himself and smiled a little, my bat. He then put his hammer back into his bag.

The he looked up and noticed there was a lofted rafter/loft section. Nathan looked back at the group, but really didn't care to talk to them. He had said his name in the car, but that was really the only word that came out of his mouth. Nathan decided to climb up there to see what he could find, and maybe be alone to think for a little bit. If someone really needed top talk to me, he thought, they can just come up here.

13. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"Well... That's a little disappointing... This doesn't look like a holiday home at all Caleb. It looks like... Well... A regular warehouse. I guess it should be fairly safe though." It seemed safe enough. There was no one hiding in the shadows, no piles of dead bodies, no traps, or damaged supports. As long as they kept someone on watch, they should be fine. And if there was trouble, they could always drive away in the van. Plus, it seemed like some of their group had powers. That meant that they might even be able to fight back.

"So, who wants to take first watch?"

14. Evil Flamingo

So who wants to take first watch?

Nathan heard this from Susanna, just before he started climbing. This was his opportunity to have a reason to get away from everybody and think. And he certainly needed it.

"Hey, just let me take a look up here, and then I'll take first watch."

Then he started to climb back up the ladder. He really liked how she kept them on track. She was the most useful person to him here.

15. Lebby

Lebby New Member

As the group slowly milled into the warehouse, Caleb hurriedly looked for his stash.

He found it amusing that no one asked him how he knew so much about the warehouse. The answer revealed itself in the form of a satchel Caleb pulled out from behind a shelf at the back of the room. Caleb worked part time at the warehouse, and often kept a small supply of essentials hidden away.

Amongst its contents were items that Caleb was eagre to share; Some melted chocolate bars, and a bit of coffee.

"Who wants sugar?!!" Caleb yelled happily to the group.

However he also kept more personal items, namely a vicious looking knife, and a photo of his family.

Caleb looked wistfully at the picture of his mother and father, and his three younger brothers and one younger sister. He lightly brushed his finger across the photo, the gravity of the situation finally sinking in.

'I may never see them again,' Caleb thought sadly.

However he shook his head, and clamped down on his sorrows, 'I will not expect the worst.'

'I have other plans for you though child,' the voice from earlier in the park returned.

Caleb's eyes rolled back into his skull, as a vision overcame him.

He was standing on a tall spire, dark clouds were swirling around, forming horrifying images. Lightning lashed at the tower, and bellow, Caleb could see thousands of tiny people killing each other. It was abosolute chaos!

"This is how I would like the world child!" The voice cackled.

Caleb spun around desperately, "Who are you! Show yourself!" he demanded.

"How ironic that I am you only constant power, yet I am Chaos," the voice grumbled.

Some of the shadows nearer Caleb began to gather, and manifested as a tall man garbed in a swarthy black trench coat.

"What do you mean Chaos?" Caleb asked shakily.

The dark man advanced on him.

"You have been granted a great many gifts child, but you lack control. You cannot choose which to use, when you want. But with me, Oh, you can call on me any time child. I can grant you great power, whenever you need it.'

'Your not exactly filling me with confidence, with your goth clothing, and," Caleb tapped the ground, "Doom fortress spire. I don't trust you.'

The shadowy man faded, 'In time child... In time...'

With that Caleb awoke.

16. yellowm&M

On the van ride over Addison had been able to completely gain control of herself. The gravity of their current situation had given her the tools needed to push Gage out of the forefront of her mind. she had wiped away the tears and makeup that had been smeared under her eyes. She felt odd without all the makeup on and surrounded by all these people she didn't know. Trivial as some people saw it she hadn't gone in public without makeup in a long time. Still in current circumstances she supposed it didn't matter. She followed everyone into the warehouse and looked around. It was huge and shadowy and creepy. The rain falling outside didn't make it feel any less so. Nathan had turned on the lights, but still they weren't very homey feeling and she wished that there was a bit more light.

With a small clatter the lanyard holding her keys fell out of her pocket and hit the ground where the small flashlight hanging off of it turned on. Bending down she picked it up and looked at the light, it glowed brightly in her face. She turned it off with a little click then looked around again. Behind her she heard Caleb yell out.

"Who wants sugar?!!"
    In his hadn he seemed to be holding some candy bars.

Mmmm that sounds good she thought to herrself and made her way over to him.

"Caleb?"

17. Lebby

Lebby New Member

"Caleb?"

Caleb found himself standing as he was before he lost consciousness, clutching a chocolate bar. He had a splitting head ache, and saw that Addison was making her way over to him.

He noticed she had washed away her make up, it made her face appear more natural. Caleb thought it looked more attractive.

He covered up his bluster, and grinned, "You look better. Here," he tossed her a chocolate, "that should complete the healing process. And hinder your sleep at no extra cost!"

A surge of pain caused Caleb to wince, but he ignored it.

"So whats your story Addi?"

18. Evil Flamingo

Caleb?

He didn't have to turn around to know what was happening. Nathan knew that Caleb was having another episode and that it would wear off as fast as it appeared. That kid is going to be endless amounts of trouble, isn't he, Nathan queried. I'll have to keep an eye on him so he doesn't fall too far out sometime. I already know he can read minds, but what else can he do? These thoughts troubled him, and it showed on his face.

Nathan walked around on the upper level and realized that a window was up here. The rain pattered against the window, splashing a coating of clear liquid on it's outside face. Water, Nathan thought, We're going to need some water. He Looked around for a bucket or two. After finding a large pail, he set it under the window. He then opened it, but shut the shade so the water would fall into the pail. Well, it's probably not the best water, but it will have to do. I don't know what to do about food yet though. It can't all be destroyed though, fires didn't eat everything as far as I saw on the way here. These thoughts slightly comforted him, but the thought of what he himself could do was still nagging at him. What can I do?

Nathan thought about the body hanging from the statue. That was the grossest real thing he had ever seen in his life. He was becoming so scared and alone, while standing there. Everything is destroyed. Everyone dead. The reflections poured over him. My poor parents, I never got to tell them sorry. He stumbled down and sat on the floor, laying his pipe down. They're dead. Everyone I ever liked is dead. His eyes started to water, but he tried holding them back. Composure wasn't something he could afford to lose now.

What is this stone for? What does it do? He couldn't fathom why something so small could be at the center of so much pain. The pain of knowing that he controlled it now shot through him with riveting speed. Then he over heard the other two speaking again, and was brought back from his mind. He stood back up and moved around as if he didn't notice them. But he was listening closely. What secret did she have?

19. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

The van ride over had been very quiet. No one felt much like talking while driving though the decimated city. Cole's arm burned the entire time, something was definitely up with it. It was time to get that looked at, he couldn't deny it any more.

Once at the warehouse, everyone moved inside.

"Hey, just let me take a look up here, and then I'll take first watch."

Nathan was a brooding character, and made Cole uneasy. Also unsettling was that he held the 'precious' stone. But Cole didn't think it would be good to push the guy, maybe they could talk later when it was quiet.

In the meantime he approached Susanna.

"Hey your a doctor or something right? My arm's been really, uh... Buggung me. Do you think you could take a look at it sometime?" Cole couldn't quite look her in the eyes as he spoke, instead he rubbed his arm trying to alleviate the burning sensation.

He didn't like appearing weak. He had to stay strong, if only in his own mind, to survive the horrors that wrought such havoc as they had seen outside.

"Who wants sugar?!!"

"What?!" Suddenly a tearing pain erupted in his stomache. He remembered that he hadn't eaten for several hours "Where! I need that!"

Before Cole knew what he was doing he darted toward Caleb with surprising speed, knocking over Adam as he ran. He practically tackled Caleb, and started stuffing chocokate in his mouth as fast as he could.

Realizing what he had done, Cole loked at the group.

"Umm, sorry?" Calebs eye brow raised slightly as he spoke through a mouthful of chocolate.

20. yellowm&M

"You look better. Here," he tossed her a chocolate, "that should complete the healing process. And hinder your sleep at no extra cost! So whats your story Addi?"

She caught the chocolate and tore open the wrapper.

"Thanks." Addi, she hadn't been called Addi in a long time, almost as long as the last time someone had called her Mackenzie. "What's my story? I don't have a story...Other than what just happened I mean"

"What?!" Suddenly a tearing pain erupted in his stomache. He remembered that he hadn't eaten for several hours "Where! I need that!" With an insane burst of speed, Cole was suddenly grabbing the remaining chocolate from Caleb and stuffing it in his mouth. Addison stared at him wide eyesd. It appeared someone else had some type of ability.

"Umm, sorry?"

Addison continued staring at him.
    "Ummm..you ok?" She didn't quite know what to say to him.

21. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Before Addison could elaborate Cole came hurtling out of no where and smacked into Caleb, before grabbing a handful of chocolate bars out of Calebs hand.

Caleb looked at him quizzically, yet amused, as Cole wolfed down the treat.

"Um Sorry?"

Caleb laughed, "Its no trouble at all mate, although next time a simple 'May I Please Have A Chocolate Master' will suffice."

22. losthawken

"Ummm..you ok?"

"Uh, I dunno that's never happened before." Cole turned scarlet. "I was just hungry, and..."

Cole stood and looked around the warehouse as though trying to find some place to hide. He was still hungry, but the intensity had abated with the chocolate. Maybe now would be a good time for that chat with Nathan.

"Uh, I'll be back," he said and swiftly walked over to the ladder and climbed up to the balcony.

23. Evil Flamingo

Nathan stopped and looked down at them, with watchful and piercing eyes. He shook his head at all the ridiculous things going on. How did I end up with a group of teenagers? Running around like chickes with their heads cut off. Some damn fool is going to get killed and then I'm gonna have to pick up the pieces. He was frustrated with the people who were talking, even though they weren't even talking to him.

He turned back over towards the pail; it was filling up with water slowly, but fast enough to be useful. That was the first real good thing that had happened hear, other than getting out of the rain. Of course, the rain was caused by our buddy down there so Nathan wasn't overly pleased with that either. Make life harder on yourself even though life already sucks? That's genius. He wasn't in the mood for games.

Nathan explored more of the loft and found out that wires were exposed in certain areas. That's more than just a little dangerous, especially since the power's apparently still on. He took a board he found up there and put it over them. Hopefully that will deter people from them. He picked up his pipe again and opened the shade to get a good look outside.

Although it was fairly dark, he could still see the rubble around. It looked as if the whole block had been leveled. "Jesus Christ, what happened?" he mumbled to himself, "did we survive the burning of the world?"

He stepped back and shut the shade again, pants now soaked but he didn't really care. He took a sip with his hands from the water. It didn't really taste like anything other than iron water, but he knew that was just from the pail.

Nathan walked over to the edge of the lofted area and sat perched above the group, waiting for something interesting or useful to be said.Preferably about decent food.

Then Cole moved up the latter, seemingly to talk to him. Oh God thought Nathan, but his face didn't show it. "What's up?"

24. losthawken

"Hey. Uh, I needed a little space," Cole looked back down at the group still discussing the remains of the chocolate.

"You still got that rock? I never got a good look at it." Cole asked. The rain outside was rythmic and gentle, his embarassment soon settled, and he returned his attention to the task at hand.

25. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Caleb watched Cole climb the ladder to Nathan. He smiled with content, and looked at Addi.

"Nathan was spying on us, good thing Coles going to have a talk with him. I don't like people listening in on my conversations. Its only ok to eavesdrop, when its me doing the eavesdropping," Caleb sniggered at his own hypocrisy, "Nathan is one to watch, he's on edge, angry, complacent."

Caleb remembered his foray into Nathans mind, "And a criminal."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.