The Gender Question.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wreybies, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Because when you're gay you look at girls and you might think, "Wow, she's pretty," but when you look at
    guys you think, "Take off you pants. Right now!"

2. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

There is a lot of wisdom in that quote.

3. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

What an excellent way to explain that! :p

4. ChaseRoberts

ChaseRoberts New Member

If I were a guy for a day, I'd probably be arrested for sexual harrassment, being that as a woman, I am quite vocal about my appreciation for the male form, shall we say. If I was a guy saying stuff like that to girls, i'd be clapped in irons before I'd even have a chance to try out my physical functioning.
    Plus, I've always felt (and this is something I've oddly dwelled upon quite a lot), that if I were a man, I'd be gay. Or bi. As a woman, I find myself attracted to gay men quite a lot, so I guess as a man, I'd probably be the same.

On saying that though, I'd spend the day seeing how men are treated differently to women, and then in the evening I'd be hitting the bars and clubs in town and trying to sleep with as many people as I physically could in the limited time I had left. It seems to me to be far easier for men to get their end away than for women to do the same thing.

5. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

Question 3)

If you did decide to sleep with someone (purely for scientific research....) how would you explain things in the morning?

I'l let them roll over and see me, then smile, and tell them to stay away from my sister. Then I'd kiss them on the forehead and leave. The look on their face would be priceless.

1 person likes this.
  6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

"I wasn't myself."

7. hiddennovelist

Both of those just made me laugh. A lot harder than I should have, I'm sure.

8. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

So I'm not the only one!! :eek: My friends always tease me because most of the guys I like end up being gay. :(

Me: "Ooh, he's cute."
    Friend: "He's gay."
    Me: "Seriously?"
    Friend: "Yep."

*cute guy's boyfriend walks up*

Me: "Dang."

9. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

This is a well known phenomenon in the [​IMG] community.

10. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I don't know if that would ever happen for research, but that would be really awkward. I wouldn't just leave in the morning, unless I was on vacay and the person lived where I was vacationing. But if we lived in the same state/city I would figure out something to say.

11. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

Well, no harm can come from answering, so...

1) I think, the first thing I would do is look at various items in my room and see if my perception of them changes at all. Just because, really. :p

2) I think I'd learn whether girls really have twice the pain receptors of boys, or whether that's an urban myth, and also how uncomfortable bras really are. :D

3) I'd hope to learn if a girl being hit in the crotch hurts as much as it would for a man. :p

LEVEL 2

I'm not joking at all when I say that the vast majority of my friends are gay/lesbian or bisexual, and I certainly wouldn't count it as a bad thing. :)

That's... about it, really.

12. hiddennovelist

Ok, I thought of something else I would do if I were a guy. Play video games. See if a. I enjoyed them more as a male than I do as a female, and b. I was any better at them as a male than I am as a female.

13. SonnehLee

It's unfair. :(

Cute guys are usually A.) Taken B.) Jerks or C.) Attracted to the sex which you are not.

14. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

Or D - anti-social hiding from the perils of society.

15. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

1.) I would love for my husband and I to switch genders to discover how the other half lives...and..."loves"...and how we...um...love ourselves...so to speak

2.) I am already attracted to girls as well...so...if I started to prefer girls to men...well..I would still be married...so I still couldn't do anything about it...

16. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

It's not unfair at all. After all, we have the same problem on our side of the fence, except a noticeable lack of option C.

17. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

Here's something to consider; if a straight man gets turned into a woman for a day, would he really get attracted to men? I mean she. Lol. I have my doubts, I think he might get attracted to females still, out of pure habit if nothing else, lol.

And also I think many of you have a rather optimistic view on the concept. "It's all fun and games until it actually happens"-ish. I find it unlikely that I would be in any condition to go about sleeping with someone for "scientific purposes". You wake up as a different gender than you were when you went to sleep. If that doesn't mess with your head, I wonder what does. I would probably spend hours trying to find out what the hell was going on before ending up in a mental institution/glass box to be studied by scientists. Lol.

18. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

The scenario seemed to imply that we knew that it would be up to us whether or not to change for a day. Then go on to ask what we would do. :p

19. hoodwinked

hoodwinked New Member

Oh my goodness! Moral convictions, where are you?! *looks in corners of thread*

If someone forced me to be a male for the day, I don't know what I'd do. I certainly wouldn't go screw someone though... heck, I still hide my eyes at the kissing scenes on TV... And I wouldn't be able to pee in the snow, either. I'd feel like I was violating myself. In fact, I wouldn't be able to pee, period. I'd be miserable.

I'd say it's more of a lack of influences... you'd learn it's sooo much easier to think as a girl. ;)

What does it mean to 'get lettuce'?

And if I started being attracted to females... why, then I'd really be in bad shape. I wouldn't be able to look at anyone at school! It's bad enough not being able to look at half.

20. hoodwinked

hoodwinked New Member

./me still can't figure out how to delete double posts

21. SonnehLee

Hoodwinked: You can't delete double posts.

22. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

Hmm... I'd just take it (being a guy for a day) as an opportunity to be completely unrecognisable the next day, so I'd do the obvious....rob a bank. ;)

23. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

You've been a guy as well? :O

EDIT: Just read the beginning of your post a second time and I must say it seems like there are plenty of influences on the thought process ^^

24. hiddennovelist

...really? I cover Joel's eyes when there are scenes with naked ladies. :p

GENIUS.

25. Twisted Inversely

Twisted Inversely New Member

My imagination. But I drop by the real world for m
    Body switching would be an incredibly disorientating experience. Suddenly your weight, height and other proportions would be utterly different; effectively shooting you balance to hell.

So if I suddenly woke up in the body of a chick. I’d probably stumble around drunkenly bumping into things, falling over and generally looking like someone from Funniest Home Videos.

Hey someone grab the camera, maybe I can win something for my suffering!