1. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

The Golden Bough

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Steerpike, Dec 21, 2011.

I have just recently started this book. Based in some things Lemex said in the Dante thread and thought I would see who here has read it and what they made of it.

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

It's amazing. Years ago I read about half of the abridged edition and was so interested that I couldn't stop talking about it. My father then brought me the original, unabridged multi-volume edition from the UK when he was there on a business trip. Unfortunately, I lost it during one of my many moves ... I don't even remember how many volumes there were.

When I settled here in Southern California I once again bought the abridged edition, just to have around and refer to. It's a cornerstone of my library.

3. Steerpike

Thanks, minstrel. That is encouraging to hear, because I'm looking forward to getting into it. I've read passages from it over the years, but never tried to sit down and read through the entire work.

4. Steerpike

NOTE: Looks like the book is free for Kindle on Amazon.com.

5. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I've not read it, but I've made a note of it and saved it to my Shopping List on Amazon.

It sounds like something I'd love. I really like mythology, the occult, and superstition.