Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The Happiness Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

We all love to share good news (although it seems posting about being unhappy is a bit more popular). But I'm sure we can be even happier if we don't have to wait for the site software to sort several thousand posts every time we view the thread, so here's a fresh start.

Don't worry. Be happy. Don't worry, be happy. :)

ZenJay and thelonelyauthorblog like this.
  2. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

The favorite quote of a friend of mine. :)

Well, let's see. Monday is my IT exam (I'm not very nervous for that, should be pretty easy) and the 30th is Spanish which is my last, so I'm happy about that.

After that I can start thinking about Christmas. :D

TJ Waters and Tristan's Opa like this.
  3. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Well, it sure made my software happy. :D

As to what I'm happy about: A relative is coming home for Thanksgiving! And the driving instructors are so determined to give me my liscence that they've scheduled four driving days in a row, counting today.

ZenJay likes this.
  4. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

It's my birthday soon and although I have a full day at uni on it, I already have a present from my mum and I'm excited about opening it. :D

5. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

I'm happy that my blog is doing good. Three days and I haven't lost momentum. And I've already learned more about how to make good photos than I ever did in my class because the nature of the blog forces me to put a lot of thought into them. No more point and click for me!

I wish the traffic stats would stop counting my own page views though. It makes it difficult to keep track.

6. Link the Writer

I played with my dogs out back. :) They didn't do very well in fetching, they just enjoy wrestling the sticks out of my hands then scampering off to gnaw on it.

I love my dogs. :)

somemorningrain likes this.
  7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Thanksgiving is five days away, and I am very thankful to be employed again after nearly two years unemployed. Tomorrow I will be purchasing a large turkey for the feast.

At work, I am busy learning tech that is completely new to me, while at the same time helping customers through problems with that same tech. So I have to study hard and study quickly. I couldn't be happier!

8. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Great job on the job!

9. lavendershy

lavendershy New Member

I made lemon bars. And it snowed! :D

10. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I'm happy because I had a day entirely to myself, by myself, today. No family, no friends, just me. That's how I love it. :)

Georgina Bass likes this.
  11. Link the Writer

Agreed. That's my perfect day as well. By myself, alone, with no pressure whatsoever.

1 person likes this.
  12. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Harry Potter was surprisingly good. I was disappointed about the number of ideas ripped off from other films, but Ginny only had one line, the acting wasn't too dire, and the film overall was quite exciting. Well done.

Now don't mess up the final film.

13. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

Cog, that's amazing! I'm so happy for you.

I should be posting in the not happy thread, really, but, I'm not. Why? Because my news is grim, but I feel okay about it.

Today, I was fired from work. And while I worry about the future, I also know that this door has closed for me, and soon enough another one will open.

So, I'm happy!

Oh, and my boyfriend and I celebrate our five months of being together, which certainly lifts the mood up, too.

14. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Stinks about being fired, but you're right about other doors opening. You'll be fine. And congratulations on the milestone! :)

Hanging out with Joel and all his pilot buddies watching the fight. Life is good.

15. TerraIncognita

TerraIncognita Aggressively Nice Person Contributor

We need a bittersweet thread. I'm very happy to be back. I'm not happy because there's still a lot of craziness going on in my life. I'm happy also because I've found a way out of the insanity. I just have to make it for this time. *Hugs everyone* I missed this place. Things just got too crazy for awhile.

16. Simplistic

Simplistic New Member

I am so glad it is a 10 day school break for me.

17. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

I am happy because I finished The Orc King by R.A. Salvatore. In truth the only Forgotten Realms books I have read are from him so far and in general my knowledge of it comes from the books. So I was amazed at how the future in that setting has changed so much and am really curious as to the things Drizzt describes he has seen.

Though in truth, something about Cattie Brie taking up magic has me a bit at odds.

So I guess I am happy because my interests in the books have been more then renewed. Which for awhile felt like I was reading them just to get through them, more of a chore then anything at times.

Other then that I... I have a really boring life.

Oh wait I got better news!

We are finally moving! Our house has gone down hill since like September with one of the ceilings sorta fell away and a similar thing has happened in another room. Seems like my own room will be next. This house is horrible and cold and... well we should be moving into the new place on December 1st or around there.

Its going to be really weird calling it home. I have lived in the same house since I was like 4. Alot of years spent here. o_O

18. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I'm happy because my best friend is sleeping over tonight, and we haven't hung out in forever. :)

19. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

I'm happy that the forums were the same when I checked them. I had a dream that everything got moved around and I couldn't find anything.

20. Banzai

Is it not a worrying state of affairs when you're dreaming about the forums? Last year I was having nightmares about EU law. That was when I decided I needed to take a break from essays, or risk converting to UKIP...

21. lavendershy

lavendershy New Member

My dreams always seem to be that I have too many hamsters and not enough hamster balls. (?) You're lucky with yours. ;)

22. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I slept in until 11AM today. It. was. amazing. ;) I feel like I've slept most of the day away, but all I'm going to do today is watch football and figure skating anyway, so I'm not terribly concerned. If I had assignments due tomorrow I might be a bit peeved, however, as Thanksgiving Break has essentially begun and we're all just here for appearances...

I've spent most of this weekend in my very comfortable bed. Even if, as most of the forum knows ( ;) ), it is a little difficult scaling the bedposts currently, times like these make me feels so grateful for my high thread count. :D While in my cocoon, I've been trying to process things and also to summon some bravery, but I've also been watching movies and reading old magazines --and also waking from a sugar coma. It's been fun.

I am so grateful for the beautiful people in my life.

23. Banzai

I've worked out that my last week of term before I finish for Christmas is going to be a half week. I have a lecture on Monday, a lecture on Wednesday, and that'll be it for the week.

So I'll get to spend it sorting out Christmas stuff, and writing. Which makes me very happy, since I've had hardly any time to write this term, and there's a competition I wanted to enter which closes the week after.

24. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

That's really funny.

Matt: Yes, it is weird dreaming about the forums, but I imagine dreaming about EU law would be much weirder. (I dreamed about geometry once.. I think it'd be similar..? :confused:)

I'm happy because all feels right in the world again... the wonderful friend I posted about in the Not Happy thread found civilization and called me and we're hanging out tonight. I can't wait.

25. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

HP7 with my best friends tonight. :love: I was unable to see it at midnight on Thursday-Friday; I had a quiz the next day, but I get to see it tonight! Yayyyy. :)

G. Anderson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.