The Happiness Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Uni is cancelled today. I mean, completely. The only thing running on campus is the Union shop.There are no trains or buses to campus, and it's too dangerous to try and get there really.

And if this happens again tomorrow, I'll get a three day extension on my essay.

2. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

I have snow! :D
    It's already stopped snowing though so I don't know how long it'll last. :(
    But this is the happy thread so yes, I am glad it has finally snowed here.

Oh, another thing that made me smile. I subscribe to word of the day from Oxford dictionaries (yeah, I'm cool like that) and today's word of the day is lollapalooza. Isn't that such a cool word? :D

3. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Bwuh?

I'm still going in.

Bloody soft southerners ;)

4. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I know, calling everything off for a bit of snow. If this was up north, everything would be running and we'd be wondering what all the fuss was about.

5. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Heh. We have a lecturer coming in from Carlisle every day, through feet of snow, across desolate, treacherous country roads. So you're right on that score - snow simply hasn't stopped things here (including the Geordie habit of taking shirts off).

Which reminds me, I have a lecture soon, so I'd probably better start moving on in.

Bloody hell, he's made it in.

6. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

My university time is almost over. Next wednesday is my last day of classes before exams

Yay me!!

7. Taylee91

Taylee91 Carpe Diem Contributor

^Congrats, Link.

I'm very happy because I have tomorrow off! Eee! Movie night :D

8. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

Lucky! Have some popcorn and soda for me!

I'm happy because I have a reason to shop- my old semi-formal dresses don't even come close to fitting! Since HS graduation, I've lost over 20 lbs. Hopefully if I keep this up, I'll look stunning for reunions to come, haha!

9. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I took a bio test two weeks ago and did very poorly. I earned a D, with the curve. This was Bad News Bears for me... In that particular class, each of the three mid-terms are worth 17% of your grade. I would like to blame it on the fact that I also had a chemistry exam and a Spanish composition on the same day... Today I took the make-up exam. This professor is notorious for giving extremely hard original exams, and his re-take exams are brutal. I didn't have a lot of time to study for this one either, because I had a chemistry exam on Tuesday and classes until late on Wednesday. But I studied very hard last night and this morning and earned a B+! :)

This means that if I perform as I expect to on the final, I'll end up with a high B, maybe a B+, in the class. I would have much preferred an A, but this professor is considered to give the toughest exams (and it's an exam-based class) in the entire biology department. People say that if you pass his class with a C, you will be set for the bio portion of the MCAT and most bio classes you take after this one will be smooth sailing.

Yayyyy me.

2 people like this.
  10. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

This week is passing very fast, and Christmas break is soon (the 23rd)! :D

11. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Hey, that's my sister's 21st birthday! Woot woot!

I ordered the last of our Christmas presents today, and then we'll be done shopping. Now I just need to wait for those to be delivered so I can wrap them, finish the scarf I'm knitting for my secret santa, finish my sister's scarf, knit a bunch of random stuff for our white elephant exchange with Joel's family, finish making my and Joel's ornaments for the ornament exchange with my dad's family, and then finish painting the nativity set I'm making for my mom.

Oh, and my sister who just got engaged decided she's probably getting married in February. So I've got to plan that.

I'm busy. But happy.

12. Pallas

Pallas Contributor Contributor

THAT is quite a lot on the to do list, though the knitted stuff sounds like a great present to give and receive, and also isn't your own anniversary around Feb, something else to plan no doubt :eek:

Also I'm not in the know so what does white elephant refer to?:confused:

13. Taylee91

^Actually, I won't be getting tomorrow off :| I have to fill in for one of my co-workers. But thank you for the friendly comment, lilix.

I'm happy I'm home right now. This week has been busy, and I just want to crash for a while . . .

^Good for you, Hidden! Sounds like you're going to be pretty busy the following days. I was busy last Christmas too. I'm surprised I knitted what I did for my family members: two pairs of socks, a small purse, a messenger bag, a backpack, a woolen hat, and a single scarf. I believe I did more, but I just can't remember. Oy, I wish I had more time this Christmas. I would have been knitting presents too :)

14. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

My car is paid off!

15. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

Every year, my local CHL (kinda like the Canadian hockey equivalent of NCAA football, only without the colleges) team, the Oshawa Generals, hosts a special Teddy Bear Toss event. Fans bring stuffed toys to the game. After the first Generals goal of the game, fans throw the toys onto the ice, and the toys are all donated to local charities. The tradition is spreading to other teams across the CHL, and it really is an amazing site to see the ice flooded with plushies.

The 13th annual Teddy Bear Toss happened tonight, and my brother and I were there. Over 3,000 toys were thrown when the Generals opened the scoring in the 2nd period. The game itself was excellent, ending with a Generals win in overtime. So everyone won. Except the Kingston Frontenacs :p

16. Peerie Pict

Peerie Pict Contributor Contributor

Well done Merc! I was a massive fan of furious cramming at university (no matter how hard I'd worked) and always did well despite losing sleep. The exams leading up to Christmas are tough though as you never feel ready. How do you get the results of your exams so fast? You said you studied hard last night and this morning and got a B+. Wish I'd known that soon! x

17. Eunoia

I just bought a load of chocolate things which I really shouldn't have, but hey, yummy chocolate! Darn all these offers brainwashing me. Also, this news story about someone reporting a theft of their snowman where I'm from amused me.

18. Taylee91

I am SO happy to be home right now. My shift at work today was horrendous. Just imagine lines stretching at least fifteen feet from your register. . .Eeek! It was not fun, but I'm glad it's finally over. Yes. . . it's over. . . over. . .finally. . . over. . .

1 person likes this.
  19. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

Chocolate. . . :)

That's funny about the snowman. Next thing you know, someone is going to sue for snow theft.

20. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Cogito's back! =D I didn't see him for a long while and was afraid he vanished from the forums until I saw his new posts a few hours ago.

21. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Off work after a hellacious shift, Joel is on his way home with food so I can finally eat something today, and then his work is throwing a Christmas party tonight somewhere on the strip. Fun, fun, fun! Now, if only I didn't have to work tomorrow morning...

22. erik martin

erik martin Active Member

Came home from work to learn that one of my shorts will be published in an anthology (A Year in Ink IV) put out yearly by a local writing group. Another small success to build on.

1 person likes this.
  23. Eunoia

Yeah, that doesn't sound fun.. At least you can relax now. :) (Until next time you have work..)

Mm, chocolate. I bought a smiley face chocolate thing yesterday too. And surprisingly, I've only eaten one of the chocolate things I bought so far. :D Hoping to use it as a reward for when I've finished my essay, although the chocolate may not last that long.. :p

24. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

This was pretty much an amazing weekend for me. :D Packers win, friends abound and lots accomplished in the way of chores and homework. I'm very happy. :)

Plus Christmas break starts on the 23rd, so I can't wait for that. :p

25. Taylee91

^Yeah - I have tomorrow off -- so that's really good. But work today wasn't much fun. It's getting to turn out to be that crazed activity of Christmas :| And I'm really starting to lose my patience which is really abonormal. I'm usually cool as a cucumber. But today. . . I blew my fuse a few times. And yeah - I feel bad about it, but I just couldn't stand it any longer. Some people can be so rude. Not just rude, but RUDE! (heh, this probably could be moved to the NOT happy thread).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.