The Happy Post

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Have a great day, Tor!

2. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

Hey, what the hell happened to the old Happy Post? Does all this stuff move around whenever I go away? :confused:

I'm happy because Jools Holland was pretty cool, and I got three new books from the massive Waterstones in Liverpool. :D

3. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

You can do a search for it --it's still here. Cogito closed it because a lot of the posts were chatting, which shouldve been done in Chatbox and not really "happy updates," haha.

What books did you get? I went to bookstore yesterday, but I didnt get anything because I am cheap.

Anyway, happy post! --I'm happy because Mahma and Pahpa will be here in three or four hours. Also happy because it's noon, and I've just woken up. For breakfast I had three lemon cupcakes --today is going to be a good day. :D

Edit: Upon checking my email, I am also happy because Emory University admissions seems rather interested in me. I've been receiving personal messages from them, not the college spam kind. I have no idea why, because I'm a little bit below average of their typical admitted student, but I'm not complaining. This makes me happy because they're a rather selective university, more selective than Kenyon (my dream school) even, so I'm seeing a sliver of hope...? :) I might apply.

4. Xeno

I got Consider Phlebas By Iain M. Banks, which was highly reccommended by Banzai and actually the whole reason I went into the centre of Liverpool, Hidden Empire by Kevin J. Anderson because I was feeling adventurous and Why Do I Say These Things? by Jonathan Ross because there was a three-for-two offer on and I fancied a laugh.

I have had Consider Phlebas for three days, and nearly finished it. Awesome book. :D

5. Mercurial

Ah, yes. I remember you all talking about Banks. Is it worth parting with $15? I'm craving a new book, but I need to be more stingy with my money. Haha; I think I need that Jonathon Ross book. :p

6. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

When it comes to books, you can't be stingy. I'd buy the whole bookstore if I could.

I'm happy because I'm going to go shopping today!

7. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    Matt and I baked an uber-cake today! Hurrah!

8. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

Would that be some sort of German cake then?:p

9. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I thought it was a cake made with fresh ubers.

10. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

I would hope that it was made with fresh ubers. Frozen ubers never quite taste right.

11. Ashleigh

Hah, twas a huuuge cake. Chocolat fudge ;) Epic calories but soooo yummy.

12. Xeno

I'm writing! I has ideas! I has inspiration!

[size=+3]Yay![/size]

I think I shall exit the site for a while and devote my energies to this first page. :D

13. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Xeno, that is awesome news and good luck with the writing!

Our pram just arrived! WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!! OUR PRAM IS HERE!!!!

Sorry... over excited hehehhehehhehe!

14. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Try to cheer up, Sherie. You're dragging down the mood. ;)

15. Ashleigh

I'm happy because I have written and posted (in my blog for anyone who cares) a film review! and I haven't written one in ages!
    :D Prolly my first non-fiction piece in months.

16. Mercurial

I'm excited because I saw the sixth Harry Potter film! Finally! :)

I was supposed to see the midnight showing, but my friends suck. :rolleyes: Anyway, it was fantabulous. You literary snobs can look down upon me (You know I'm joking ;) ), but I've grown up with the Harry Potter series, and it's my favourite series out there. I was six when the first novel came out, and it was actually the first chapter book I read. I was eleven (omfg the same age as Harry :p ) when the first film came out, and I was at the midnight premiere even then.

It's kind of the series that marks my generation, and I look upon it fondly. It was a great film, by the way, arguably the best of the six made so far. A bit bummed about the changes made near the end (IE the battle scene), but it was definitely a good film.

Mahma and Pahpa didnt come over today, but they're coming over tomorrow, and Mom said they're going to stay for a few weeks! Yayness! :love: I missed Mahma and Pahpa so much. I have nothing to do tomorrow, so I think I'll just visit with them all day, and maybe go school clothes shopping. Good times.

Glad everyone had a good day as well! Tor, what's a pram?

17. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Yay for finally getting to see Harry Potter! And how exciting to get to spend a few weeks with your grandparents! :D (Oh, and a pram is like a stroller. I think.)

I'm happy because I made Joel and awesome present today, and now we're hanging out watching Watchmen. And he was singing along to one of the songs. :) I like it when he sings.

18. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

I am happy to finally be relaxed and to be spending time with a few old friends.

19. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I agree. I was looking forward to seeing the first large-scale magical battle. I hope they don't cut the huge one out of the final film.

It's short for "perambulator". It's a form of baby transport, in which the infant faces the person pushing it (as opposed to a pushchair, in which the infant faces forwards).

20. Xeno

I actually got some writing done yesterday! Two and a half pages! :D MY STORY LIVES!

21. sophie.

sophie. New Member

Well done Xeno :)

Good news bout the pram Torana! Haha I'm happy because I just read the Kite Runner and I loved it, and have picked up some more French :)

22. Mercurial

Soph, I loved The Kite Runner! It was so sad --I went into it with no idea what it was about, and when the whole.. thing.. happened, I was so shocked. What a sad story, but what an enlightening one at the same time. :love: I ended up writing my freewrite AP Literature essay about it. I havent read A Thousand Splendid Suns; have you? I've been told it's essentially the same story, only the narrators are two females instead of two males...?

I'm happy because my Mahma came over today. :love: We visited for a little while, and I love catching up with her. She had to leave to go pick up Pahpa after a few hours, so I havent seen him yet, but they're staying only four blocks away in an extended-stay hotel until the end of August. Yay!

Also, I'm going school shopping tomorrow. Mercy + shopping + money that isnt mine (err, my dad's that is) = a good day. :D I've already started --I bought a sweatshirt this evening online because everyone was starting to recognize me by my other one, haha. :p And then on Wednesday, I'm going to Cincinnati to visit best friend! We're going to liven up that ghost of a city. :)

23. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Have a blast Merc!

24. Xeno

Nothing, never mind.

25. afinemess

afinemess Active Member

I am thrilled to pieces because I am home from 'vacation' and I no longer have to deal with disgruntle family members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.