1. Pheonix
    Offline

    Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Staff Contributor

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2012
    Messages:
    5,716
    Likes Received:
    401
    Location:
    The Windy City

    The Imperium of Surmarack Second Stage: Return to Paradise

    Discussion in 'Archive' started by Pheonix, May 29, 2013.

    The Imperium of Surmarack: Second Stage
    Return to Paradise


    “The Emperor is dead!”
    “The God Emperor has Fallen!
    “Now, rise up men of the Ring! Now is the time! Revolution is upon us!”



    Far in the past, mankind left earth, beginning their long journey. The planet could no longer support them, and as It died, the exodus began. Every last human left the planet, those who didn’t were purged. The intention was to give the homeworld a chance, in hope that it could heal itself. For tens of thousands of years, mankind wandered the stars, looking for another home. But there was nowhere for them, every planet that could support them was either already inhabited or for some reason inhospitable. Eventually the coordinates of earth were lost, and the colony ships ventured so far that ever returning seemed unlikely. Finally, after reaching the edges of the galaxy, they found no home. Despair filled the colony ships, until a leader emerged, Armek. He proposed that if they could not find a home, they would build one. Thus began the construction of the Surmarack station, a giant ring-world with a star at the center. It took another 5000 years to construct, but when it was done, it was the wonder of the galaxy. Ever since it has been the center of government and trade for the races of the galaxy, with Armek as the ruler. He eventually came to be known as the Emperor.

    His life had been prolonged by the Imperial Throne, a feat of technology and mysticism that had kept him alive and ruling for the last 40 millennium. But, that all changed two days ago, when a lone attacker broke into the Imperial Palace, and took the Emperor’s head. The Great Houses are in chaos, and without a clear leader, the Imperium forces are fractured. Added to all of this, there is discontent in the lower classes, the serfs and slaves tiring of their long bondage at the hands of the Great Houses and the Imperium.

    The time is ripe for revolution. And behind everything, a sinister will is pushing all towards disaster.




    Factions/Houses

    On the Surmarack construct, the most powerful houses are:
    • House Gibrani, Partiarch- Marcus Gibrani [Open]
    Gibrani is the main industrial house of Surmarack. They control 60% of the industry and production performed on the station. They hold many imperial contracts and are a large supplier of weapons and ships to the Imperium. They have a powerful army that rivals the Imperium in strength. The partiarch Marcus is a proud old man who it seems, may be on the cusp of challenging the authority of the imperium. Gibrani is the founding member of The League.
    • House Douway, Matriarch- Roselyn Douway [Macaberz and Fan7asticMrFox]
    Douway has varied holdings in agriculture and industry, but most of the income is derived from the interest gained off ancient and vast investments made by the founders of house Douway. Their near unlimited reserves of money has made Douway the main charitable house, establishing schools and universities and caring for the poor. They have a reasonable military, but it is generally not as technically competent as Gibrani, or as large. Their money has also made them incredibly influential politically and diplomatically. The matriarch, Roselyn Douway is a driven and compassionate individual. She has one young son, and she has her eye on the throne for him. Douway has traditionally held to the beliefs of Alaouda.
    • House Sorven, Patriarch- Baron Halivac Sorven [Open]
    Sorven is the main ally of Gibrani. They control a small part of the industry on the station, but their main source of income is off station mining expeditions throughout the galaxy. They also have a strong standing army, but still smaller than the Imperium of Gibrani. They supply the raw materials that are needed by the Imperium and Gabrani to construct their war machines. The Patriarch, Baron Halivac, is an idle man who delegates all the real responsibility of command to his son. He built the machine that is his house, and is content to let it run itself. Sorven is a member of The League.
    • House Vandemir, Surviving Member - Jessica Vandermir [Reserved by GM]
    Vandermir was an agricultural giant, with control over 40% of the rings agricultural land. With that much of a control over the market, they were able to essentially dictate the prices and supply of most of the every day essentials needed by the people of Surmarack. This made them many enemies. In the last two days, and imperial edict has been issued effectively declaring war against Vandermir. The capital city, Vandermirium has been razed by the Imperial Army. Jessica Vandermir and her young brother Arthur are the only surviving members of the once might house. Vandermir was largely unaligned, but had a tentative relationship with Alouda. They also had ties to house Foresyth.
    • House Jarn, Patriarch- Earl Brian Jarn [Cynglen]
    Jarn is the house of research and science. They are behind the largest R&D lab on Surmarack. They have a small, but well equipped standing army. They are actively involved in deep space exploration and research of Paradesis, or ancient Earth. This has however bleed the house of much of it's wealth. It will not be solvent for much longer unless drastic changes are made in how they manage their resources. The Patriarch, Earl Brian is an avid believer in the homeworld mythos, and believes that the time of the emperor is over, and that it's time that they try and find a way back home. He has three sons. Jarn is aligned strongly with the Alouda movement.
    • House Foresyth, Patriarch- Wilhelm Foresyth [reserved by GM]
    Foresyth is the other agricultural power besides Vandermir. They control large swaths of the rings farmland, and make a reasonable living off of that. They do not have a large standing army, but the men they do command are fiercly loyal. It is a powerful house, so it’s reluctance to become involved has gained it many enemies, along with a long standing feud with House Gibrani over an imagined slight thousands of years ago. The patriarch is an honorable man, who has always tried to do right by those that he commands and the people of his district. Foresyth is unaligned, but leans toward the Suvos Mactan.


    Of the many different factions that are currently vying for influence, there are four that hold the most power.

    1. The League
    Claims to be advancing peace and unity between species in the universe, but there may be more to their innocent claims. Report indicate that they’ve been stockpiling weapons and ships. About Half of the great houses give their allegiance to the league. (Their true motivations will be expounded on later in the story.) House Gibrani and Sorven are members of the league.

    2. Alaouda (meaning The Return)
    They seek a return to earth (remembered as Domu Paradisus). A growing number of lesser houses and several of the great houses are alined with Alaouda. They have also been gathering a fleet. Any attempt to return to Domu Paradisus has been forbidden by the Emperor however. The Alaouda and the League have had tense relations for centuries. Both are backed by significant military strength of their constituent houses. House Jarn and Douway are members of Alaouda.

    3. Suvos Mactan.
    Suvos Mactan is a religious order that believes that a great evil is coming. They wish to control the throne so as to have the power to repel the coming Armageddon. Several of the less influential houses belong to Suvos Mactan Their leader is the fanatical Ankani Din. Mactanism is the major religion of the lower classes. They have little military might, but the largest base of support.

    4. The Loyalists.
    There is still a significant base of lesser houses loyal to the Emperor. Their main reasons are out of fear that they’ll be caught on the wrong side if there is an uprising. They have little power as a group, but count on the backing of the Imperium. Whether or not they would receive it remains to be seen. How they will react to the Emperor’s death remains to be seen.

    IMPERIAL STRUCTURE

    Principe Militum: The Imperial guard. Its forces are completely human, and mainly rely on personal shields and swords, standard issues, for combat.

    The Diplomaticum: The diplomatic core of the empire. Mainly human, but there are some Isthus, and Lynxine representatives.

    House of Conventum: The parliament. Holds little real power, but is maintained as a remnant of long forgotten ideals. Each house, regardless of size has a representative in parliament. Currently there are around two hundred members.

    Order of Ariolus: The imperial seers, mostly comprised of Sanhedrin, whose express purpose is to peer through time and space to foretell events pertinent to the empire.



    Characters

    Great houses are completely human, although they may have alien agents or servants. Magic is allowed. Humans comprise the majority of the residents, there are however a significant number of Aliens (Xenos) as well, mostly merchants, diplomats from around the galaxy, or agents/servants. When designing characters, this is high fantasy in a sci-fi setting (if that makes any sense).
    Some alien races are:

    The Isthus: Elf like in appearance, they are also very mystical and contributed greatly to the growth of the Suvos Mactan church. They are one of the only races born with the natural ability to control subspace. They can tap into it to see through space and time, and affect the physical world. The highly trained can create fields and distortions that can be used in combat. The Isthus main abilities are mental and not physical. They make excellent assassins and diplomats.

    The Lynxine: The Lynxine are a feline race. They have no natural talent using subspace, or ‘The Flow’ as it is known, however they are extremely intelligent and excellent scientists and engineers. The best ships in the galaxy are of Lynxine construction. They make use of advanced weaponry, personal shielding devices, and distraction tactics on the battlefield to make up for their low physical strength. They are also extremely agile and proficient at martial arts.

    The Sanhedrin: The Sanhedrin are a race veiled in shadow. They always wear long black ropes in public and are very mystical. They are stronger users of the Flow than the Isthus, but have next to no contact with other races other than to trade. They are an enigma to all.


    The Duren: The Duren are space Orks. They have no proficiency with the Flow, all their technology is bought, or stolen, from other species, and they have a low average intelligence. Many become mercenaries and bounty hunters. Their government is not centralized, and has no embassy on Surmarack. They are used by many of the great houses as body guards or mercenaries. They prefer heavy, powerful melee weapons.

    Humans: Humans have changed little over the millennium. There has always been a strict genetic purity code. Some humans are beginning to develop proficiency at controlling the Flow, but the ability is not widespread. Human technology is unrivaled, but cultural mores prevent it from being used in battle. Most humans prefer melee weapons in combat, but they use personal shields to protect them from projectiles.

    Character Template:

    Character Name:

    Race/Species: (Human, Isthus, Lynxine, Sanhedrin, Duren)

    Appearance:

    Background: (optional)

    Skills/ Special Abilities:

    Equipment:

    Weapons:

    Miscellaneous:

    Family/House: (You can start your own or align yourself with one of those above. If you’re interested in playing as one of the heads of the great houses, reserve your spot!)

    Faction: (League, Seers, Suvos Mactan, Loyalist, or Unaligned. If you wish to be a member of an Imperial Institution, state that here.)

    Goals: (Write a brief summary of your characters objectives and plans. You don’t have to post this in the discussion thread, but send it to me with your sheet.)


    Post APPROVED character sheets in the discussion thread. I’ll post them in the OOC at the top as well to keep things neat.



    Setting/ Recent Developments

    Setting:The Surmarack station is gigantic, a ring world with a star at the center. There are different cities with open land, and ecosystems, in between. The station contains the surface area of several earths, spread onto a ring spanning millions of miles in circumference, and about one hundred miles wide.

    Culture: Culture is reminiscent of medieval Europe. Aristocracies and ruling families. Lower classes in poverty and servitude. There is a small merchant middle class. Aliens are generally well received, there are however Xenophobic elements. The Lynxine and Sanhedrin are the targets of the most discrimination. The Sanhedrin don’t seem to care, their mysterious culture seems to care little for the ways of outsiders. The rest of the alien races have made a point of securing their rights on the station.

    Current Events: Over the last few days, there have been a number of attempts on the Emperor’s life. So far he has been protected by his guard. The Imperial Army has tightened security throughout the capital city, Coranum. The main suspect for the attempts is House Vandemir. Their main city, Vandemirium is being swept clean by a flood of imperial soldiers. The other houses see this as a threat. If the emperor starts destroying the Houses, they think, what is to protect them? Each house has been massing their forces, and tensions between the throne and the various Factions have taken a turn for the worse. It appears that after centuries of bickering, the imperial armies are finally marching against the Alaouda Houses, after the destruction of Vandemir is complet.

    Add to this, an ambitious priestess of the Suvos Mactan is amassing resources and support with the supposed goal of fending off an impending apocalypse at the hands of something known as the Harbinger. Where will her ambition lead her and the faith of the Suvos Mactan?


    Yesterday, in a fierce battle that raged within the Imperial Palace, the Emperor was killed by a lone attacker. This attacker was summarily captured and executed before his identity could be verified. At least, that’s the official story. The Capital city of Coranum is under total lockdown. No one allowed in, or out.

    Before this attack, a Pillar Bomb was detonated inside the Suvos Mactan Temple in Coranum, killing the head of the church. It is believed that this was a distraction to take attention away from the palace and divert resources from the Undying throne so as to make it easier for the assassin to enter.

    The House of Conventum, or the Parliament of the ring, made up of the Ruling Houses has determined to meet in secret in the City of Edlin, a neutral trade port, to discuss how to react to the death of the emperor. The date for this has yet to be set, but it will be within the next week.


    Gameplay

    Objectives are up to you to decide, based on your character/faction/species etc.

    COMBAT: There is no established battle system. Collaboration always produces the best results however, so if you need to work out a fight scene, collaborate with the other PC’s involved. DO NOT control other people’s characters without their consent. If there is a dispute, I’ll step in to resolve the issue.

    MAGIC: The main source of magic is ‘The Flow’ (read, the Force). Those who are skilled with it can use it to great effect, affecting physical objects (telekinesis), communicate telepathically, gain foresight and limited prescience, and many have experienced profound visions or seen things happening across the universe.

    DEFENSE: Anyone wearing a personal shield is invulnerable to projectiles, energy or otherwise. The only way to injure someone with a shield is with a melee weapon.



    RULES
    -------------------------
    1) No controlling other characters
    2) Post Approved character template in discussion thread before first post
    3) No invincibility or auto hits on other characters
    4) Avoid one liners. Dialogue sequences are the exception. Still though, try and not do one liners.
    5) Editing is allowed as long as it doesn’t change the story after the fact.
    6) NO GOD-MODING. You character will spontaneously appear in space, and die. Graphically :)
    7) PM character sheet to the GM for approval.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Additional Notes

    I want this RPG to be as creative as it possibly can be. Think the epic scale of books like Dune, or games like Mass Effect and Halo, with the high fantasy of Tolkien and the political intrigue of Game of Thrones. Make this awesome!

    Setting is up to you to create, as long as you stay within the basic idea: Ring-world, mix of cities, ports, and open ecosystems in between. Let’s make this as much fun as it possibly can be!

    Because of this, I’m giving each character a lot of responsibility. You’re pretty much free to build the world as you like, as long as there aren’t conflicting ideas. If you can’t think of something to write about, make something up. A location, an NPC to converse with, whatever you need to advance your character’s plot line. If something is really out there, pass it by me first, but otherwise, let your imagination take you where it will.
    Post questions in the discussion thread, or PM me.
     
  2. losthawken
    Offline

    losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

    Joined:
    May 5, 2009
    Messages:
    1,150
    Likes Received:
    79
    Location:
    Maine
    Approved.
     
    Love to Write likes this.
  3. Pheonix
    Offline

    Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Staff Contributor

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2012
    Messages:
    5,716
    Likes Received:
    401
    Location:
    The Windy City
    The Imperium of Surmarack Second Stage: Return to Paradise
    Act 1: Shock

    The Imperial Capital Coranum
    Year 31,539 A.I (Ano Imperius-Year of the Imperium)


    Shock.

    The city was in shock.

    There was an unnatural calm, brought by the realization that everything had changed. No one moved through the streets, no one left their homes. Commerce had come to a halt, the merchant guilds even realizing that this was not the time.

    Imperial Gunships hovered above the city, roving the skyways almost aimlessly. An empty show of force with no backing. The power behind the Imperium was gone, and everyone knew it.

    But there was one thing that no one knew: What would happen next.

    Joshua Foresyth

    "It is my sad duty to report," the man on the holoset began, "That yesterday, the 29th of the 6th Imperial Cycle, 31,539, the God-Emperor Armek was assassinated." And for the umpteenth time that morning, they had shown the grainy, long distance footage of the imperial palace collapsing, and a lone figure emerging bearing the head of the emperor. The footage had been leaked and distributed to every media outlet on the ring within half-an-hour of the death of the emperor.

    At first, it had been viewed by most as a hoax, but now, after nearly 12 hours, and in light of the leaked footage, the Imperium had been forced to acknowledge that it was truth. The Undying Emperor who had reigned for the last 40,000 years was dead.

    "At this time, all we know is that shortly after this footage was taken, the attacked was captured and summarily executed by the Imperial Guard. His identity, motives, even how he was able to reach the throne room, are as yet, unknown," the reporter continued.

    The news had already spread ringwide, and in another few hours, the FTL communications relays would have it disseminated throughout all of imperial space.

    Joshua Foresyth, was in Coranum. He and his father were locked down in the Foresyth Embassy in the capital. It had been a traumatic day for Joshua. He had been at the Suvos Mactan temple when the bomb was detonated there, and then, before he and his father had had time to get back to the spaceport, the city was put on lockdown and they had been escorted to their embassy.

    No one knew why for sure until the next morning, but all through the night, there had been rumors circulating the diplomatic circles that there had been another attempt on the emperor's life, but no one was prepared for the truth.

    Joshua and his father sat together in the dinning hall, watching the holoscreens and the coverage of the nights events. Joshua was speechless. But his father, Wilhelm Foresyth, patriarch of House Foresyth, was not.

    "Damn fools. We're buggered, the whole ring, buggered! Like a snake eating it's own tail, and now it's finally chocking!" he exclaimed after a time, then stormed out, leaving Joshua alone.

    -------------------------

    Forward Command-Principe Militum
    Outside of Gibran City


    Inirum Veral

    "That's right, call a cease fire, and pull all troops back to Coranum immediately, defense of the capital is our primary concern," the man on the other end of the comm burst exclaimed. Inirum Veral, the foreward commander of the Principe Militum Strike force that had, two days earlier, been sent to stage an attack on House Gibrani after what had appeared to be an attempted Coup d'etat, was receiving orders from Imperial Command.

    "I understand sir, but what about Gibrani?" he asked.

    "We'll worry about them later. For now, the Seer Council and the cabinet have prioritized the defense of Coranum. Frankly, I think Gibrani is behind it, but until we get the go ahead, we can't move against them. Fall back for now, we'll get the bastards later."

    "Understood sir," Inirum replied, then cut the comm burst. A few moments later, the order was spread through the line, and within the hour the entire front line was packed back into the transports and on its way back to the capital. The previous day, the fighting had been fierce, Gibrani putting up quite the fight against the superior equipped and manned Imperial Army. But once the news of the emperor's assassination reached them, along with the order to fall back, the fighting had stopped on both sides. Gibrani, headed by Markus Gibrani's eldest son while he was imprisoned had been so shocked by the news that they had also called a cease fire. And almost as quickly as it had started, the war with Gibrani had ended.

    ------------------

    Gibran City
    Just After the Departure of the Imperial Blockade


    A lone Gunship hovered into the city, and was broadcasting a the House Security clearance signal, dropping the defenses.

    Laban Gibrani jogged out to the landing bay, just in time for his hair to be blown back by the gunship's gravjets as it settled down on the landing bay.

    The bay door opened, and the grizzled, scowling face of Marcus Gibrani, patriarch of House Gibrani, appeared from the shadow. He emerged, striding down the ramp, rich red and gold robes billowing.

    "Father!" Laban shouted over the dying roar of the gravjets. "We picked up your signal! I can't believe it's you!"

    Markus simply scowled. "Get your eyes checked then boy!" And with that, he stalked past Laban and into the red palace of Gibrani city, it's tall rust colored buildings and smoke bellowing stacks cutting the skyline. Gibran city was a place of gears and industry, and the mastermind of it all, Markus, was home.

    -------------------

    The Imperial Maximum Security Holding Facility

    "Is he conscious?"

    "Not yet,"

    "Once he is, will we be able to hold him?"

    "We're not sure, we've never seen anything like him before."

    "Hmm, keep him sedated then. We can't afford to let him escape, especially not now," a black cloaked figure said.

    "Yes sir," a human guardsman replied, then turned and headed down the hall, leaving the Sanhedrin to look at the dark skinned, white haired youth, strapped down and sedated on the other side of a four inch alabative plate glass window.

    Before him, and very much alive was the Assassin of the Emperor, Tezriac.
     
    JessWrite and Kingtype like this.
  4. Macaberz
    Offline

    Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2012
    Messages:
    3,146
    Likes Received:
    297
    Location:
    Arnhem, The Netherlands
    Ajax - Embassy of House Douway, Coranum.

    Ajax cocked his head. "Our Beloved Emporer Armek, brutally assassinated". For the first time in his life, Ajax was unnerved. There was a slight tingle in his spine that crawled up into his neck, like a spider. It bit, the venom of shock seeped into his veins, turning them cold. Colder. It was about time someone else's ass got to sit on that throne, as long as it wasn't that of The Virus, Malief. Or maybe, there shouldn't be a throne at all. Ajax shook his head, his thoughts didn't much matter. The houses did. Already he could feel the shifting of the balance, rippling through the air, gripping the power-hungry with ambition. Plots and schemes would be forged today, many more than anyone would dare to count. He turned away from the large holoset and walked back to the embassy. His pace calm and concise, calculated. He registered every sound as he passed, to keep his awareness as high as he could, or make it even higher. He could see through his dark, black goggles, but only in diluted colors and with thick outlines. To hear, therefore, was vastly important.

    The pace of a man's breath could differentiate truthers from liars, the shuffling of feet could tell soldiers apart from assassins, the sound of scraping metal could foreshadow an ambush. But none of these sounds hit his ears, the streets were silent save for the noise and static of the holosets that reiterated the news every five godamn minutes.

    He walked up the stairs that led into the Douway embassy, hands folded behind his back. He gave a short nod to one of the guards at the entrance and walked it. Being ranked higher than common guards had its priviliges. His boots clacked on the solid floor beneath him, the sound renting the air like drums, steadily propagating themselves through space until they died off at some unknown boundary. He was interested to hear what the Douways would do with the situation, but most of all, he was interested to hear what that rat Malief would whisper into Rouselyn's ears this time. Not that it really concerned him, he simply followed the money, and Malief.
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  5. Kingtype
    Offline

    Kingtype Always writing or thinking things XD Staff Role Play Moderator Contributor

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2012
    Messages:
    8,949
    Likes Received:
    1,030
    Location:
    Right under your nose!
    Same old tune!!!

    Unknown Location: Last Night


    "Damn you're a fat fuck!" Gaius shouted. His forehead was sweating, his muscles flexing and his yellow stained teeth grinding as he dragged long and very wide bag.

    The bag jerked multiple time which forced Gaius to continue pulling with more force.

    They weren't exactly in a secluded location. In fact Gaius was in a parking lot. The night air was humid as Gaius legs moving parted the mist that drifted in front of him.


    Gaius's face was calm with no real sign of emotion as he sat the bag up right on the nearest car he could and began to untie the top of it. And the moving creature in the bag was revealed to be a heavyset man. He was setting, his eyes wide with panic and sweat flung off him as he struggled to break free but try as he might he couldn't.

    Gaius started pacing as stared at the man. Violent thoughts seeped slowly into mind as he watched the big man squirm. Gaius wanted nothing more then to show his boot down the man's throat. But some questions needed to be asked.

    "Alright Talky you wanna repeat what you said in Corrigan's Earlier?" Gaius asked clearly expecting an answer.

    Talky shook his head slowly as he flinched at Gaius's words and suddenly a boot slammed into Talk's teeth shattering them. Blood from Talk's mouth painted a part of the ground and the toe of Gaius's boot red,

    And Gaius on top of him in seconds. Gaius always found it like a hawk going in for an easy kill for a good reason....then again Gaius wasn't killing for food. "Say it again motherfucker!!" He shouted as he continued burying punches into Talky's face again.

    BAM!

    BAM!

    BAM!

    BAM!

    BAM!

    BAM!

    BAM!

    The last sound heard was

    Plsh!!!!

    As Gaius had completely turned Talky's face into nothing but red slush and crumpled bones with those hardened punches. Gaius studied what he had done with an expressionless face, regret was reaching him....no not regret but happiness. A smile spread over his face was.

    But the feral grin vanished as soon as it appeared. A cold hard fact had just come to him making his heart plummet. "Great!!!! You fucking me made me late, the bar's probably closed by now!" And with that Gaius left the mangled corpse there in the street for anyone to come by.


    Present Time: Corrigan's Bar

    Corrigan's Bar was cesspool for many of the degenerates on the ring. It was dark place with the only light being from candles and the window. Various stools set , the air smelled of cigarettes and bodily fluids were all over the floor. But despite how disgusting the place it was filled with a good number of people.

    All sharing stories or getting ready to kill one another, you never really could tell at a place like this. The bar itself was located a good 300 miles or so outside the cites and hidden rather well.

    Gaius sat at the counter. His long back and slowly balding head were clearly visible. Gaius was a tall man. Not so much that he was a giant but bigger then most men.

    2 strips of white lines were going up the counter. They were of course cocaine. Corrgian the owner of the bar and also the bartender rolled his eyes as he watched Gaius snort one of the lines with a small plastic straw.

    Gaius's mouth jerked and he scrunched up his nose as he wiped off remnants of the white power that didn't enter his system. But he was suddenly over come with the euphoric feeling of being high. As he felt good from his to his toes as if he was being rewarded for simply existing.

    Corrigan let out a relieved sigh as he could tell by Gaius's grin that the coke was having the more feel good effect as opposed to the kind that made you hostile. After the fire the incident it was always better to have Gaius on a happy high then a violent one.

    "I killed Talky last night" Gaius said cheerfully out of the blue as he went to work on the second line.

    "What!" Corrigan shouted. Not in shock as Gaius killing another person wasn't surprising but fury was taking hold of him. "He was one of my best paying customers. What the hell did he do to you!?" The bartender wasn't exactly sure why he was asking.

    Gaius looked insulted. "He called me an asshole." He laughed out his nose now red from consuming the second.

    "That's the worst excuse ever man. At least be honest I mean shit I call you an asshole all the time and I'm still breathing." The bartender replied.

    Gaius let a sly smile spread across his face. "Alright you got me. I killed that big boy because I felt like hurting or destroying something." He replied simply. The cocaine made it easier for him to open up about his more darker parts.

    "Alright now leave." Corrigan said pointing towards the door as if it was routine. Which it was. Whenever Gaius would come in and relay his stories of murder he'd tend to get kicked out. As Corrigan could only take so much of that sort of talk from a maniac. Gaius stood up a scowl spreading over his face, but the ecstasy like feeling his body was going through was enough to keep on his leash. That and the fact Gaius didn't hurt people he considered friends.....physically anyway.

    "Fine man but remember I fucking love you!" He shouted happily to Corrigan as stumbled towards the exit.

    Once outside Gaius embraced everything as the drugs made his body feel one with nature or as close as you could to nature on a man made space ring. Gaius wasn't a very young or handsome man. He was in his mid 40s and very ugly. His face was riddled with bumps, scars and of course the pasty white skin color of a frequent drug user. Though despite his issues his body was pretty well built due to his constant violent work.

    Gaius happily unlocked his car door and hopped in. The car was more of truck, an ice cream truck. It was his only source of transportation besides his ship. Though it hardly looked as it used to. Various bullet holes riddled its sides, most of the colorful ice cream cartoon men were nothing more then pealed off outlines and to cap it off you could literally see it rusting parts from a mile way.

    Gaius attempted to start the truck......and nothing, again, nothing, again, nothing. Gaius continued fooling around with it. Despite his high his temper took hold as it would any man when his car doesn't work. "COME ON!" He shouted slamming his own head as hard as he could on to the steering wheel.

    And the car started. Gaius lifted his face off the wheel, it felt like boat was rocking in his head but he smiled knowing the car was working and he pulled out. Strike that! Gaius didn't pull out he drove forward and smashed into the car in front of him. The sound of metal on metal meeting could be heard as large dent was left in the other car. Nobody was in the vehicle but the owner certainly wouldn't be pleased when they returned.

    "Hahahahahahahaha" He laughed madly to himself and with that finally pulled out and set off to his next location. Since he couldn't drink Gaius decided to go check on his business.
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  6. Fan7asticMrFox
    Offline

    Fan7asticMrFox Contributing Member Contributor

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2012
    Messages:
    910
    Likes Received:
    201
    Location:
    Hampshire, UK
    Malief

    A blur of white and blue sailed past Tali in her transport. These high stacked skyscrapers rose endlessly towards the sun, their sleek designs bouncing the glare into the lower levels. It was a magnificent sight to behold with perfection in every direction. Nothing was out of place: every window was spotless; every high rise garden was pruned; not even a single cloud marked the sky.

    But there was a storm brewing in that transport. It zoomed through the air like a bullet and blasted past every traffic stop and checkpoint. Darting across Eldin at great speed it dipped and ducked around other transports, throwing itself at the mercy of death. Inside, the driver’s hands thrust left and right frantically and her suit felt heavy from the force of the speed.

    “You said this wouldn’t happen, Tali.” A dark, brooding voice scratched through the intercom. “You promised me complete anonymity.”

    “Regardless – it’s happened. Now we need to deal with the collateral.” She said. The voice on the intercom was silent for a moment. Another transport pulled up right in front of her and she threw her arms left just in time. The vehicle swerved and scrapped the paintwork on the side, and it began to lose control but Tali just about held it.

    “Regardless? Regardless!?” The intercom exploded with rage. “I’ve got the emperor’s assassin indirectly linked to me, and you throw ’regardless’ my way? If this mess isn’t cleaned up then I may as well try my luck finding Domu Paradisus.”

    “I am handling i–“

    “How, exactly?” He spat. “I am most curious as to how you will reverse such a catastrophic blunder.”

    “I am handling it. I had made contact with our assassin through another source.” She said, throwing herself around in the seat. She had almost made it to the edge of Eldin and the quicker the better. Its flawless beauty was becoming unnerving and the night shutters were starting to activate. Tali had been doing this type of work for so long now but this was the first time she actually feared for her life; if anyone caught wind of her link to the Emperor’s death then she would not survive the night.

    “You used another source?” The box hissed. “You never told me that. You were tasked with finding this assassin personally.” The intercom voice had quietened a little and the hush made Tali even more nervous.

    “It doesn’t matter now – I took care of them.” Beads of sweat trickled down her brow. “They respected my confidentially, so others knowing won’t be an issue. That was the only tie to me on this… but I’m getting out of Eldin tonight. I’m not taking any risks.” She had stopped staring at the sky ahead now, her eyes firmly locked onto the intercom, praying to see the right words fall out.

    “I’m not taking any risks either.”

    The artificial night began to veil itself over Eldin, and all throughout the city thousands of lights twinkled. Street lamps, buildings, billboards, headlights. But the brightest of them all was burning in the distance, speeding towards the edge of the city in a glorious shower of flame. Citizens turned and stared and gasped and pointed at a transport lit up like a firework, plummeting towards the barren outskirts of the district.
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  7. Love to Write
    Offline

    Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2012
    Messages:
    7,366
    Likes Received:
    272
    Location:
    Beautiful Oregon "It's the Climate"
    Fay Aladora

    He did it. Just like he said he would. He killed the god-emperor. Fay watched the holo-vid as it played over and over again on the news. Her choppy black hair stood on end. It was even messier than usual. They caught him? And executed him? Oh gods, Tezz. Fay's heart felt like it was being cut in half. She had met Tezz just the other day. They had talked about going to Domu Paradisus (Earth.) Tezz had been the first person that Fay had been able to talk to easily aside from her family. He shared the same passionate desire to get to Earth. He'd helped her figure out the maps and put the final pieces together. Her photographic-mind couldn't help but replay everyone minute of the short time they had spent together.

    But now, Tezz was dead. And she was the last person to have seen him before he'd gone off to kill the god-emperor. She'd even been considering helping him during a brief moment of insanity. Had he said anything before he died? Did they know, what she knew about the way to Earth? What if they had tortured him, and Tezz had said something about what they found? Their theory to get to earth. The Emperor's guards would be coming after her next. They'd execute Fay and her whole family. I'm only 16. I'm too young to die!

    "Fay. Are you alright?" Darren Aladora, her papa, lay a hand on her shoulder. Fay's face had gone pale and she was shaking uncontrollably with fear. He had no idea that Tezz even existed. And that she was connected to him.
    "She just needs a cup a tea." Her grandmother commented. "Though you do look a little pale, dear. Here." Grandma-ma handed her a cup of herb tea. Fay was shaking so badly she could barely hold the cup still.

    Her first time actually opening up to someone other than her bot, Charlie, and this is what happens. This was why she like to avoid socializing with fellow sentients. They tended to get her trouble. "I-I'm fine." Fay lied. She set the cup down and stood up on shaky legs. "I think, I just need a nap is all." She thanked her grandma-ma and ran up the stairs to her room in the attic.
    The attic was larger than any other room in the house, but it was also the most cluttered. While most girls her age had magazines of the prettiest models or makeup items strewn everywhere, Fay had maps, maps, and more maps. Some of them were recent, within the last 10 years. But most of the maps were old. She especially loved the ones that dated back thousands of years because those were the most accurate in pin-pointing the way to Domu Paradisus. Her grandpa-pa's last vision, had been that someone from the Aladora family would help lead the way back to Earth. For her entire life, she'd done everything she could to make sure that she was the one to fulfill her grandpa-pa's vision. But now, it looked like she wasn't going to get that privilage.

    Fay sat on the edge of her bed and called her floating bot over. It was a round sphere that floated about in the air. It was equipped with a camera, holo-net capabilities, a scanner and a cutting laser. State of the art, and she'd built it herself in her free time. "Charlie, activate new recording." A red light shone, signalling that the bot was recording. Fay wrung her hands nervously, "Papa...if you're seeing this, then that means I've either been captured by the god-emperor's servants or I've gone to join mama in heaven. There's a lot to tell you and not a lot of time. I know you told me not to do anything dangerous but...somehow I got pulled in anyway. Um..." Fay ran a hand through her short black hair. "I met the person who killed the god-emperor just a few hours before he went off to kill him. He...he helped me figure out a way to get to earth. But without him, I'm not sure it's still possible. I'll tell you what I know and maybe...maybe you'll be able to figure out the rest and be the one to fulfill grandpa-pa's prophecy..."

    For the next hour, Fay explained the details of what Tezz had come up with; using the mana drive to travel great distances in an instant and get everyone to earth. When she was done, she programmed Charlie so that he was fly to papa the instant something happened to her. It was risky. If anyone discovered this video while she was still alive, then she would be for sure killed. It was treason to even think of trying to get to earth. The fact that she'd met with the person who'd killed the god-emperor, didn't help things. As a failsafe, she built in a kill switch. If someone, other than herself and papa, tried to activate that particular video on Charlie...the video would self-corrupt. But a talented hacker would be able to bypass it. Fay sighed and collapsed on her bed. An idea floated into her mind. She had to run away. For the sake of her family's saftey...she had to run away.
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  8. Macaberz
    Offline

    Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2012
    Messages:
    3,146
    Likes Received:
    297
    Location:
    Arnhem, The Netherlands
    Ajax - Douway Embassy, Coranum.

    His boots drummed the ground, he wanted to be heard. His Mistress had called for him, hardly a suprise now that the emperor was dead. He wondered what kind of warrior could've broken through the extensive defenses of the Emperor. He crossed the entrance hall and stepped onto the white-marble steps, lion heads guarding the ends of the bannister. Rays of sunlight showered through the glass-roof of the Douway Embassy. Marble pillar flanked the hall, busts and exorbitant oil pantings had been aligned against the walls, stained-glass window-sills casted multicolored specks of light onto the cool, polished floor. He turned right, dodged an incoherntly rambling advisor carrying a swaying pile of paperwork and headed straight towards the conference room.

    The guards that proteced it lifted their crossed spears, allowing Ajax through and returned to their original position seconds later. Ajax had served many masters, but the loyalty and discipline of the Douway soldiers had pleased him.

    He clacked his boots against each other to announce his presence and graciously stepped into the large conference room. A chestnut table, smelling of strong tea mixed with the soothing scent of pine, took the central spot in the room. Around it were masterfully crafted stools, lined with velvet and adorned with polished curls that had been cut into the soft wood. Ajax remained on his feet, his back straight, chin lifted slightly into the air and waited for orders.

    "Good to see you," said Roselyn. She was standing on the balcony. Ajax imagined there was only one reason the conference room had a balcony at all, to hold stubborn diplomats over the edge and politely ask them to reconsider their position. Ajax remained silent, he could tell that Roselyn wasn't done adressing him just yet. She gazed down the balcony, onto the square in the center of the embassy.

    "I am sure you've heard" said Roselyn with a sigh, she turned around and stepped back into the conference room and plumped down at the head of the table, burying her hands in her hair. "The entire city locked down, it complicates things, drastically. How can I be expected to do business if I can't even move about freely?" she inquired. Ajax lifted his shoulders. "Never mind, fetch David." said Roselyn. Ajax inclined his head and marched off, young Master David was an interesting lad for sure, at least he had been until Malief had set his eyes on the kid.

    Ajax marched off to David's quarters and knocked.
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  9. Keitsumah
    Offline

    Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2012
    Messages:
    3,279
    Likes Received:
    285
    Location:
    Nebraska
    Aurora- The Sorven Household

    Aurora shivered, backing into the wall.

    "Tch, what use is she for Erg?" the newcomer growled, fixing fire-red eyes on her, "Sorven is obsessed with keeping her 'ere, but he never says why." Gripping the hilt fo his sword, the man stared at her; suspicious, and Aurora cowered.

    "She's a Seer, Tolkien." Erg snapped -one of the more familliar guards who was more often than not responsible for keeping her from running away. "An' don't let him see you acting all threatening. He'll have your head on the choppin' block in no time."

    Tolkien huffed and turned away, slumping against the wall again at his post. Aurora was cornered in a small alcove in Sorven's meeting room, just feet away from the large table where she had seen countless agreements be made, where she had been safely hidden behind a curtain. Should she even get a hint of one of her visions, she was to tell Sorven immediately in case it might affect his business, life, or alliances.

    Swallowing, she curled up in her corner again and thanked whatever god was giving her mercy at the moment. The guards were too distracted with their bickering to pay any attention to her. Erg was one of the few who rarely even looked at her let alone speak to her, unlike the others. And Tolkien was new -so maybe he would learn to fear Sorven's wrath should he be caught trying to do anything to her.

    What will happen now that the Emperor has been slain? she wondered, and a vast emptiness stretched before her, tinted by chaotic flashes of red. It was no vision, but a feeling of what was to come.

    She was sure that blood would spill blood, and war would split The Imperium into fragments of its once united landscape.
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  10. Cynglen
    Offline

    Cynglen Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2010
    Messages:
    173
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Missouri, USA
    Distance does nothing to lessen the impact of the end of an era. So far from Coranum--nearly on the opposite station, so far that dawn is breaking just as the Imperial City settles down for the night-- Krensburg was a city not sure what to do with itself. The turmoil of the last few days felt like a distant dream to the Jarn citizens, and yet there was an obvious lack of traffic into and out of the city, a clear increase in military presence, and an unmistakable withdrawal of the Jarns into their private meeting rooms which signaled another great event or announcement was impending.

    For now, the capital of Jarn territory ran on smooth enough. People went to work, gossiping to no end, trash was disposed of, and crowds swelled at supply stores as people stocked up their homes. A spike in interest for going off-station was noted by port authorities, and several vessels had to be swept for stowaways. Still, concern was in the air more than panic.

    Within the capital buildings, panic was watching from the corner of every room. The Imperium had lost its head, and lord knows what headless chicken could and would do when armed beyond reason and surrounded by foxes. The situation of House Vandemir was still unknown, though few expected them to still hold a force of any significance. House Gibrani had survived its punishment, and rumor flew they were seeking their own vengeance now that their great enemy was toppling from within. Suvos Mactan wasn't helping either. All their typical, apocalyptic rhetoric was raging after the fuel from those attacks and the loss of their own figurehead, and talk around the water coolers often drifted towards whether it will be a self-fulfilling prophesy.

    Jarn was not wholly foreign to uncertainty, since research and discovery had been their mainstay for centuries. The Jarn spaceports were always bringing in new discoveries and sending out expeditions not guaranteed success. And over the years, for every wonder-filled report and museum addition, three ships returned with an empty storage room and red bottom line. Still, the Jarns had bartered, haggled, and creatively maintained their status as a respected--if controversial--source of discoveries and fierce defender of their right to seek the unknown. That reputation was going into a litmus test now. Would the more powerful factions see Jarn as an easy target rich with loot, or a valuable colleague worth keeping alive?

    The meeting in Edlin would play a major role in deciding the future of the House, indeed, Surmarack as a whole. All over the station, countless agents were eagerly preparing reports, digging for current events, calling along private channels, and otherwise creating political intrigue in the best way they knew how. Earl Brian Jarn, the family's patriach, was keeping his own plans close to the chest, but many suspected he saw more opportunity than disaster in the current situation. He was never an aggressive leader of the nation, but a lifetime of chafing against Imperium rules does not predispose him to fight for their authority.

    Several significant events were happening in House Jarn to prepare for the summit. First, the dignitary party had to be arranged. Earl Jarn was obviously going to represent his House, but he was being careful who to select in his party. Rumor was the only source of information on who was favored. Second, the internal affairs of the House were being assembled into a mode a readiness for whatever would come. If they were called to war, they could fight; besieged, hold firm; routed, flee to the stars; if nothing dramatic happened, then the Jarns would have had a very thorough drill in preparing their forces. Still, seeing so many ships ready to leave the chaotic station was a luring temptation that a better place for Jarn might be elsewhere in the universe.

    Also, there was work to be done between the Houses. In times of strife, friends and enemies changed faces quickly, and Jarn needed to know who was dependable. Messages were flying between all the Houses, great and small, but Jarn had particular interest in two: Douway was the historical ally, strengthened by current trade agreements and scientific sharing. Their agricultural and political resources would form a powerful bloc with Jarn's more advanced military, particularly the Jarn space fleet. Of great concern to Earl Jarn, though, was Gibrani. The clear second-place power to the Imperium, Jarn was rightly concerned if tensions between the League and Alouda wouldn't spill over into friction between his own House and Marcus Gibrani's industrial might.

    So, in the spirit of preparedness and simultaneous easing of tension, the oldest son of Jarn, Nathan, sent a message to House Douway through official, though publicly-known, channels.

    "Esteemed House Douway,

    Our two nations have always worked towards the growth and benefit of mankind. In light of current events, we wish to solidify our mutual standings before the Edlin summit so we may present a strong front to the other Houses. I would greatly appreciate a meeting with Roselyn Douway, but, failing her, another head of your House with the proper authority will suffice.

    Please respond soon. Respectfully,
    Nathan Jarn, 1st son of Earl Brian Jarn"



    Meanwhile, Earl Brian Jarn used his own private, confidential channels to send a message to Gibrani's higher ranks. It simply read:

    "Gibrani-

    In this turbulent time, Jarn wishes to put the needs of Surmarack above any historical animosities. We should speak before Edlin to ensure passion does not overtake wisdom.

    -Earl Jarn"
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  11. Macaberz
    Offline

    Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2012
    Messages:
    3,146
    Likes Received:
    297
    Location:
    Arnhem, The Netherlands
    Roselyn Douway

    Roselyn let her eyes slide over the holoscreen. The Jarns had sent a message. She had been planning to do the same, to call a summit and surround her and her house with allies. But not after she had consulted her own house first. She stroked a lock of auburn hair out of her eyes and scanned the screen again. Nathan's digital signature was splattered at the bottom of it. She remembered Earl Jarn's 35 years old son. He was a man of unwavering loyalty as she recalled. Roselyn sighed and gently pushed the holoscreen out of her way. She rested her chin on her hands. The Douways were a rich family, but with few family members. Save for her sons, David and Oliver, there was no one she could rely on. Her husband had been so much better at allocating the right people for the right jobs, when he had been among the living. But alas, he wasn't anymore. And David, David was still too young to take over, Oliver even more so, twelve was hardly an age to decide the fate the thousands who laboured under the Douway sigil. No, she was almost completely on her own, with only Malief to advise her and Ajax to protect her. She knew tt couldn't stay this way forever, David would have to take over some day, but as of yet he was inexperienced. He was a quick learner, and capable manager, but she had never often involved him in politics. Now, she didn't have a choice.

    She gazed out of the window, a flock of pigeons flied by. She dreamt of the same, to let go of the many worries that came with running the richest house on The Ring, she sometimes desired to leap into the air herself and fly away, live a good and happy life somewhere small, and to die in peace. With the emperor dead, things were bound to change, and change for good, and Roselyn wasn't sure if she wanted to take part in any of it. Home, The Promised Paradise, the coordinates to home, her family, those were the things she was still fighting for. With a sigh she returned her gaze to the screen and wrote out a reply. This was one of the many reasons why the Douways were known as the patrons of the poor, Roselyn refused to let others do everything for her, she didn't want to feel useless. Besides, it was much better to assume direct control over her faction's correspondence anyway.


    Honorable House Jarn,

    It is with much delight that I can send my eldest son, David Douway, to Krensburg. It is with grief that I must acknowledge that I am unable to come in person. Our House needs to adress the recent events and decide its course of action, this, as you may well understand, consumes much of my personal time. The bond between our houses has always been strong, it was forged to last in hours of doubt and confusion such as these. House Douway will attend with only the best of intentions for the loyal, honourable house of Jarn.

    My son will depart tomorrow morning, he will arrive before the end of the day.

    Signed,

    Lady Roselyn Douway, Head and Queen of House Douway.



    She tapped the send button once, the relief was almost tangible, now, there were just a few dozen more things to do...

    OOC NOTE: made an important edit to the letter.
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  12. Fan7asticMrFox
    Offline

    Fan7asticMrFox Contributing Member Contributor

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2012
    Messages:
    910
    Likes Received:
    201
    Location:
    Hampshire, UK
    David and Malief

    Sanhedrins may not have any facial expression, however David could clearly see Malief was riled. To most he would look no more ordinary than the usual sanhedrin yet David knew the truth. His swift sweep across the glossy ash floor; his head bowed to conceal his eyes; and the communicator smashed to pieces in the corner; he was furious. At what, David did not know. Probably one of the drug shipments had got lost. He may have been young but David wasn’t stupid - Malief’s business was shady at best. He didn’t care though, the sanhedrin had money and power. And he wanted power too.

    “So what happens now?” He asked.

    What do you mean… my liege?” Malief’s voice was serene, a high pitched lullaby that could sing soft kitties to sleep.

    “The emperor is gone, what’s the next step.”

    Sadly… The dance of the false lords begins.

    “Then, who is the true lord?” He asked.

    My liege… it is you of course… you will make a wonderful Emperor!” The Sanhedrin had now joined him in one of the plushy lounge chairs and the pair sat opposite each other beside the fire. This dark room was part of David’s chamber and so very unique to the rest of the embassy. Rather than enjoy the cultural pleasures of oil paintings and thoughtful sculptures, the teal walls were clattered with swords and shields of old. Blades and spears of gold, silver and bronze took their place around the square, and sitting proudly above the warming fire was a huge white bear’s head. This place was no more a lounge than it was an armoury.

    “So you really think I will be Empero–“

    “You will be Emperor, my liege.” Malief’s voice had lowered to a hiss. “Look at you – a boy of sixteen, yet already a man. Grown men already fear you, and beautiful women only wish to adore you.” It was true. For a lad of only sixteen years he was built like an ox. A giant in almost any room, he overshadowed most patrons that would visit the Douway embassy. And while he favoured the pistol or battleaxe, he was not the dullest weapon in the arsenal.

    “Ok fine sanhedrin, I will be emperor. But how?”

    “We must ally ourselves with the right groups… and detach ourselves from others.” Malief whispered. “The Sorven are a powerful house and with them entwined with Douway, we could easily challenge the Imperium. Though Gibrani does worry me…”

    “The Sorven align with The League. They would laugh at the notion of allying with a House of Alaouda.” David protested.

    “I would not be so sure. They would undoubtedly prefer a union with Alaouda rather those crazed zealots in the Suvos Mactan, especially in these trying times.”

    “Fine. And how exactly are we going to do that then?” He was starting to become impatient; the Sanhedrin liked to play with his words. Nevertheless he would not cast a bad thought about Malief – thanks to his intervention years ago Douway had become a financial beacon for the rest of the houses. And no doubt in the hard times ahead more of the creature’s deep pockets would be needed again.

    “Well my liege, to ally with the Sorven is quite simp–” There was a loud knock on the door at the edge of the room. “Another time perhaps.” Neither of them moved from their chairs, and the boy watched as Malief shut his eyes and opened the far away door. The flow creaked it ajar and a silhouette stood there with light shimmering through the gaps. David squinted to try and identify them but Malief, with his eyes still closed called out in a dark, knife edged voice.

    “Oh… it’s you.”
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  13. TheLeonard112
    Offline

    TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2012
    Messages:
    1,023
    Likes Received:
    80
    Location:
    The Ale Giant
    Uiron and Orielle Nedrayur

    Location: Soyenus
    Current Time: Present


    It was day, the sky lit up purple, and light blue streamed across it like rivers. The clouds were swirled, and complimented the other features of the beautiful sky. The streets were in somewhat in a frantic panic, though when being compared to the capital, they were completely calm.

    People sprinted by the buildings at incredible speeds, trying to get home to their loved ones. The streets were cluttered with multiples of hundreds of vehicles, and in the skies, citizens were flying at highly dangerous speeds.

    The News had still rocked the inhabitants of the planet, Soyenus. People were in panic, they had no preference on what to do. They had just know that now only something displeasing would probably happen.

    They needed a leader to tell them what to do in the time of need. Even if the leader assassinated didn't belong to them, directly. It would still highly affect the Imperium System.

    The voices were loud, and the chaos was high.

    .......

    Out in the wilderness of this planet, sits a man. Surrounding him are high trees with pink leaves, and under him is a long grass field of light purple. His back is covered by a long dark green cape, it cloaks the entire back of his body, making him stand out. His cape was connected to his large silver shoulder pads, and his long ears could be seen also, they resembled the color of Caucasian skin. His hair was blondish green, and his legs were dressed in black cotton pants that were ceased at the end by mid-leg high purple boots. One arm could be seen carefully caressing a small flower, but the other side of the man seemed to be missing the same scene. He was completely silent.

    There was someone next to him, a woman, prior to him turning around, he leans into her ear and speaks in his humble voice.

    "I believe it is our time to depart, and assist the citizens in order." he said lowly.
    The woman shifted from studying the ground carefully, turning to face him with a roll of her eyes.

    "Of course, now you say this! After I offered that very same proposition three times with no answer. Truly I don't understand you at times, Uiron." A flicker of a teasing smile played on her lips, but she knew the situation wasn't a joking matter. To think, the Emperor had been murdered. With her abilities, even she hadn't seen his death coming. Her continuum had been cloudy as of late, a blanket of darkness concealing the truth. But why, she could not answer. Not once in all her years had she been blind to the times.

    Orielle stood from the tree stump she sat upon as she leaned on her staff, knuckles white. "Jesting aside, I do agree with you and believe our services are needed, even elsewhere. A riot in Coradum is bound to be in the making."
    Uiron turned towards her after she had played off the joke. His black eyes, silver corneas, and black pupils stared into her, and he stood. "You are quite, silly." he said lightly pushing her. "Though, I do believe we should leave hastily. They need us to calm their souls, with utmost care." he continued looking at her, and smiling. "They need us, dear sister. They need the members of the Nedurayr House, to comfort them. And then we most make our way to the capital of Surmarack."

    He turned towards they're large black pod, it was about the size of a car. "Are you prepared to be a leader to the people, once again?" he asked as he raised his hand. Due to this the large door on the top of the black sphere opened and revealed four seats and a touch screen in the front.
    "Why do you always give me questions, you already know the answer to?" Orielle replied as she followed behind him. Despite the circumstances, her playful smile shone through. "I am always prepared; always ready to fight for what I believe...and a little extra competition never hurts." Her smiled soon faded as she jumped inside their pod. "I've heard rumors spread across the land, Uiron. With the Emperor now dead, I predict the other Houses will be have words and many of them."
    "This is correct." Uiron stated as he also got into the pod.

    They rode toward the capital of their planet. Once they arrived, instead of being caught up in the rode or skies, they went into a large building complex. It was a large multiple of towers that are set up into a heptagon. The skyscrapers were large five hundred feet tall, and black marble. The windows that are set on many parts of the buildings shined so bright they looked silver. Their pod laid upon the top of the building and they began to make their way inside.

    Suddenly, on a fifty feet large long and wide scree, Uiron appeared. Next to him stood Orielle. He raised his one arm towards the screen, and began to spoke. "No need to be worrisome, my people. For I am alright, and I will also go to Surmarack and look over what is unfolding there. For, do not become uneasy, allow me to take your burdens. Calm yourself and let me take care of your worries." he said calmly in a low voice.

    Many of the citizens on the capital of Soyenus, began to stop their chaos. Uiron and Orielle began to walk off as the screen turned off. They appeared on the top of the main tower, and a large battle-like ship. It was silver and had blue streaks down the side. It landed next to them and they boarded. It soon flew off into the space.

    Left behind, in charge was Uiron and Orielle's uncle.
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  14. Keitsumah
    Offline

    Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2012
    Messages:
    3,279
    Likes Received:
    285
    Location:
    Nebraska
    Aurora -The Sorven Household

    Aurora was rudely awakened by a kick in the stomach, and she gasped, curling up in a tight ball as Tolkien laughed mockingly before dropping her rations for the day on the floor with an unholy clatter.

    "Pathetic worm. They say that Seers are one of the most valuable things to have around, but I don't see what's so great about her! Shes just another Isthmus!" he snorted, and Erg eyed him where he leaned against the wall, arms crossed, but said nothing but: "If Sorven founds out you did that you will be in for quite a beating, Pup. She's already dangerous enough as it is -she just doesn't fight. Have you not heard the wisdom in the saying that one does not pull the tiger's tail?"

    "What's a tiger?"

    "No idea -its an old saying i grew up with."

    Aurora clenched her teeth to keep from groaning as pain spread from her stomach up into her lungs. Quivering, she pushed herself up on one arm and picked up the stale loaf of bread. But just before she brought it up to bite into her world rocked, and a deafening roar filled her ears.

    Fire arced to the sky, smoke choking her as the screams of thousands filled her ears. But above all of it there was the bellow of a massive beast, its hide red as a dying star. Silhouetted behind it, she could see huge towers, and somehow recognized them as the legendary city of old.

    "The Scarlet Beast is coming, with Babylon on it's heels." she said, her voice low and monotonous. Her large sea-green eyes glowed, and the guards whipped around to stare at her in incredulity. Tolkien went deathly pale, and bolted for the door, screaming at the top of his lungs:

    "My Lord! My Lord! She's had another vision!"
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  15. Macaberz
    Offline

    Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2012
    Messages:
    3,146
    Likes Received:
    297
    Location:
    Arnhem, The Netherlands
    Ajax

    Ajax stood tall, his hands folded behind his back. The Virus was sitting right there. He let his eyes slide through the room for a moment, taking in the many weapons that had been pinned to the walls. His gaze slowly turned to the young David, the young lad appeared even stronger and bigger than the day before, Ajax was confident there was a warrior waiting restlessly inside the lad.

    "Skittish, Malief. Very skittish," said Ajax. His voice was low and deep, like a bear's. The skeletons, half a dozen miles away, clattered in their graves when he spoke. Ajax marched into the room, the shields and weapons scraping on the wall as he pounded his boots on the floor, wiith the confidence of a conqueror. Ajax approached David, not even glancing once at Malief, he didn't need to look to know that The spider was agitated to see his web trampled upon.

    "Master David, Lady Roselyn wishes to see you," said Ajax.

    At that very moment a bubble of laughter ripped through the air. Rapid footsteps, barely making a whisper, followed suit and skidded to a halt at the door.

    "What are you doing?" chirped the playing bird. A small head with short, curly blonde hair peered around the edge of the door. Ajax spinned around on his heel, clacked his boots together and saluted. "Master Oliver!"
    The latter covered his mouth with both his hands, trying to supress a giggle but ended up swaying dangerously from one foot onto the other. The often rigid and stern face of Ajax softened, a faint force tugged at the corner of his lips.

    "Oliver! We are doing important business here, go play with your silly toys" commanded David. Ajax considered how unlike David and Oliver were. David was direct, fierce, demanding even. Oliver was kind, shy, playful and all about sharing and giving. The small, skinny, blue-eyed Oliver took no offense to David's harsh words, but cowered nevertheless. Ajax could see why, The muscle on David's arm was as thick as Oliver's entire circumference. "Sorry," mumbled Oliver, disappearing quietly.

    A numbing spark buzzed through Ajax's veins at seeing the gentle master dismissed by his elderly brother, there was something sad about the way Oliver reluctanty sauntered away. He was never involved in anything, perhaps that was why he was so gentle and fragile, perhaps the lack of exposure to the outside world had rendered him so pale to violence, yet so colorful to peace and joy. Ajax grinded his teeth in silence, he was a mercenary, he couldn't allow himself to start caring about his masters. There was only one god, and that was the god of money. Ajax had chosen to serve the Douways because they happened to be the most fervent priests of that god.

    "Master David?" asked Ajax, gesturing for the Douway heir to follow him. Malief followed the goggled mercenary and the soon-to-be emperor to the conference room. Roselyn was scanning through several channels when the odd bunched marched in.

    "Mother, you asked for me?" inquired David.

    Roselyn rose from her seat, "I did," said Roselyn, she gestured for the gathered to sit at their leisure. "I see you brought Lord Malief as well Ajax, good." Lord Malief made a bow, "it's always an honor and a pleasure" his voice slithered through the air, soothing, but with a dangerous, venomous undercurrent to those who listened. He seated himself close to Roselyn and with David to his other side. Ajax deliberately positioned himself opposite to Lord Malief. But Malief knew exactly how to please his Mistress. Without lifting a finger, the doors behind them closed in near perfect silence.

    "Thank you" smiled Roselyn, "now that we can speak in the utmost privacy, you all know what happened. A formal repsonse is expected of us, the other houses will no doubt try to influence us, even moreso now that word of our wealth has spread." said Roselyn. "The house of Jarn has invited us, to reinforce our alliance. Unfortunately, I am far too pre-occupied consulting with our lieges. They've bombarded me with questions and difficulties that need to be sorted out. So, David, I wish to sent you to House Jarn as our representative. Lord Malief, Knight Ajax do you think he's ready?"

    Ajax decided to listen first and remained silent.
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  16. Pheonix
    Offline

    Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Staff Contributor

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2012
    Messages:
    5,716
    Likes Received:
    401
    Location:
    The Windy City
    Gibran City

    Marcus Gibrani stalked the length of his stateroom. After he'd arrived back in the city, he'd sent for reports on the battle and the state of Coranum. The entire attacking force that had been sent against Gibran had been called back and were now staked out in perimeter around Coranum. The damn seer council must be running things there, the paranoid lot. But Marcus had to admire their caution. It had saved them from receiving a hammerblow from the Gibrani forces. Marcus was a man of ambition, and the empty throne was almost to much for him to stand. He'd nearly ordered his forces to attack Coranum and take the throne by force, but stayed his rage and called for reports instead.

    "M'lord!" a servant called, entering the room. "Your son, Laban wishes an audience with you."

    "Tell him to bugger off. And where the hell is Abishai!" Marcus responded. Laban was his middle son, Abishi his eldest. Laban was a bumbling, vacillating fool, to Marcus anyway, while Abishai was a man of clear wit and cold resolve. Much more capable of a leader.

    "Abishai is returning from the front line of the battle sire, his gunship was shot down but he was uninjured. He should be here within the hour," the servant replied.

    "Very well, send him as soon as he returns." Marcus turned the and went to the holoconsole projecting from his great mahogany desk. Tapping at the display, he was surprised to see a message on a private channel from Jarn.

    After reading through it, he chuckled a moment before composing his reply.

    House Jarn,

    Gibrani has not made it's name by allying itself with Alaouda, but If a meeting is what you wish, a meeting you shall have. I would know the time and place that you wish this to occur.

    -Marcus Gibrani


    Then he set about typing another message. This one also on a private channel, and addressed to the Baron Havliac Sorven, Gibrani's main ally. It was a simple message, but filled with meaning.

    Baron Havilac,

    Be prepared. War is upon us and it it time that our alliance's strength was tested. One way or another, we will march after the summit.

    -Marcus Gibrani


    His correspondence now done, he allowed Laban in and informed him that he would be taking a trip shortly to serve as his representative to house Jarn.

    -----------------------

    The Outskirts of Vandermirium

    Arcelocus Potentia

    Three men sat in the shell of a burned out warehouse. They were sitting on crates, and there was a hover wagon loaded with supplies next to them. They were silent, except for one man who held his head in his hands and was sobbing.

    A little ways away were forms covered with sheets, the white linen already soaking through with blood.

    Except for the sounds of the one man's lamentation, all was quiet.

    One of the men lifted his head. "This isn't right."

    "Hell no it isn't," the other replied.

    "This world is broken, this station. The rich subjugate the poor, the strong dominate the weak. And then, when they go to war, we're the ones that suffer. Us, there very ones that put the food on their tables and mine the steel for their ships! We're used then cast away without a moment's hesitation," the man named Arc continued. The one man still sobbed, and the other looked at him like he was mad.

    "Damn it!" Arc exclaimed, slamming his fist on the crate he was sitting on. "This world needs to change, and someone has to make it change. I'll see this world different if its the last thing I do. I'll see the great houses burn!"

    Revolution is an odd thing. Sometimes all it takes to start, is the merest spark.
     
    JessWrite and Kingtype like this.
  17. Cynglen
    Offline

    Cynglen Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2010
    Messages:
    173
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Missouri, USA
    Jarn Governmental Campus

    Roselyn's response brought a moment of relief to Nathan. He was honestly doubtful Douway would allow any time at all to converse before the summit, and now the Queen was sending her own son to discuss their Houses' goals. It was certainly a sign of goodwill and trust, but Nathan also knew enough about the Douway family that having a serious conversation with young David Douway raised his pulse slightly. The young man had a reputation for temper Nathan did not want to see proved.

    Across the large lawn from Nathan's office window stood a shinning white building. Only a story tall, but proudly blazoned with an electric blue symbol of House Jarn's research division. The main contents of this facility were underground, and all the windowless levels were filled with scientists, assistants, security, and others hurriedly working to secure centuries of work. Archives filled with countless reports on flora and fauna of Sumarack, astronomical telemetry chasing ancient trails of human colonial ships, minutes of long meetings debating program funding and direction, and all other manner of research data had to be packed up and prepared for secure storage and possible evacuation simultaneously. It was good no enemy was charging the city, or all that knowledge might have simply been obliterated in fire.

    On the fourth level of this subterranean circus, Brezzo worked closely with Carlson and Mason Jarn cataloging the samples from their recent expedition--the one the returned from the day of Gibrani's attack on the House. A month's worth of information is difficult to sort through as it is, but security guards leaning over your shoulder and tapping their watches did nothing for scientific accuracy or scrutiny. The goal here was more to store the results and look over them later, should opportunity allow. After nearly fifty man-hours between the three men, only another twenty samples and one logbook remained to sort and store.

    "Here's our record of the trip along the Man'grevi's upper branch," announced Mason. "Isn't that where we ran into the wolf pack?"

    Carlson kept his focus on typing in information on a plant sample next to him and said, "The one Brezzo took out with his knife? No, they were on the Northern edge of the valley."

    "Oh yeah. Still can't believe you did that, Brezzo. I know you Lynxine have the claws and reflexes and all, but there must have been twenty of those guys going at you."

    Brezzo closed a drawer he just placed several vials of soil into. "I only recall six, Mason, and they were generous enough to come at me in pairs rather than a group."

    Mason still protested it was impressive, but Brezzo was too focused on his task to feed his bravado. The situation on Surmarack was too unstable right now for any of them to feel safe, but at least they could protect generations of work by past men and women against the greed and jealously of living people. Once they were done here, the three men were expected back over in the main Jarn office to assist the family's diplomatic efforts. Little rest lay ahead for anyone in the House.

    --
    Earl Brian Jarn's Office

    "I expect the Andoran and Valiant ready for action within twelve hours, admiral. We can shuttle food and other supplies to them in orbit, but we need those ships ready for any aggressive movements when they happen!"

    The hologram of the aged admiral gave a weary "yes sir" before fading from view. Earl Jarn briefly sat back in his chair as he thought through the condition of his houses forces. Their terrestrial units were organizing and as prepared as they could be. Much effort had been put into giving Jarn a technological rather than numerical or blunt advantage over the other houses for several generations of the House, but all their advanced weaponry and defenses were still fairly untested against an equal opponent. The Earl glanced out his office windows onto the eastern suburbs of Krensburg, imagining what all those tiny buildings would look like as Imperium or Gibrani or Seers know who steamrolls over the fleeing Jarn forces.

    Naval power, oh, that is another story. Right along side their eons of scientific exploration, the Jarns were proudly maintaining and growing their space fleets into a significant fighting force. Spacers were traditionally resistant to advancement beyond what they needed to defeat enemy forces, and so the tried-and-true technology of the past was merely improved upon by upgraded accuracy and damage capabilities. This isn't to say the Jarns were restricted in the ways they could destroy or disable another ship. No, only a true fool would fail to see how the variety of vessels bearing the Jarn emblem made their out-of-atmosphere navy a force to reckon with.

    It was this power Earl Jarn was mentally trying to throw from its repair docks and into mighty formations to defend his home from the sky. Orbital strikes could quickly de-number and demoralize an advancing army, and his smaller forces needed that kind of support. Luckily, despite typical complications of behind-schedule repairs and lackluster suppliers, the First and Fourth fleets were already in full fighting condition with the Second and Third were quickly returning their ships from drydock.

    As he stared up into the deceptively clear sky, his computer chirped the arrival of a reply from Gibrani. It was curt and slightly aggressive, as Jarn knew to expect from the fearless lord of the House, but he also knew now was not the time for chest-bumping. He even remembered to add the proper salutation this time.

    "House Gibrani,

    The city of Trendan, just your side of our mutual border, should suffice. Their capital building is quite secure and our going to the border wouldn't draw much unwanted attention from other Houses. I can meet you there at 0800, Trendan's time, tomorrow morning.

    -Earl Brian Jarn"


    This message flew off into the universe with little extra thought by Earl Jarn. He would prepare for the meeting later. For now, he grabbed his pad-folio and walked off to meet with the civil directors on the state of Krensburg's resources.
     
    JessWrite and Pheonix like this.
  18. TheLeonard112
    Offline

    TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2012
    Messages:
    1,023
    Likes Received:
    80
    Location:
    The Ale Giant
    Uiron

    The long silver flew into then sky of the planet. The beautiful sky wraps up the craft made for space travel. Eventually, it began to broke the barrier of the speed of sound. It flew high into the air, and made it's way into space.

    The path ahead of the ship, was filled with darkness, besides the occasional star that lit up its own area of the infinite darkness.

    Inside the ship, were multitudes of people. Almost every room of the ship was filled to the brink with people doing substantial activities. The most important, would obviously be the captain. The captain was a companion of Uiron's, and was steering the ship, or at least controlling it, up on the top floor of the massive space vehicle.

    Uiron walked into the room. The automatic doors shutting behind him, his caped, though ankle length, never got caught in the door or ever tripped over. It was of no nuisance to him, though maybe to those who fought him. He would often use it to confuse his enemies.

    "I have gratitude towards you for decreasing the speed of the ship, at my request." thanked Uiron in a unnecessary long statement. Another Isthus turned towards Uiron, he seemed around his age in looks, though looks can be deceiving since this race lives up to 1,000 years. "No, problem. My friend, we fought together, plus how could I decline? You are my leader." said the Isthus in a very light voice, it resembled that of a teenager. "You acknowledge we are companies, though their are restrictions you are required to follow, I will always have your best intentions in mind, Glasson." Uiron stated to his good friend. The long orange haired Isthus smiled back. His eyes were light green, and he was much taller than Uiron.

    "Now, will you please create a digital connection between the video on the ship and that of the giant screens, and holographers back home?" Uiron asked politely Glasson responded with a nod, a video appeared on the screens in the ship and back on their home planet.

    "My people, I understand I have departed from you all in a troubling period. Though, I have left my uncle to care for you all in my short time of being separated from you. But I am traveling to Surmarack to help restore order. I will go there and I will control the Imperium to restore order, and give them a leader who can help survive the impending disaster. Stay close to the church and be mindful, love your neighbor. And help each other in this time of need." he said in a speech. The signal then cut.

    Uiron began to walk out, post to giving Glasson a handshake. He made his way to the training room of the ship, where he was sure his sister was bound to be, might as well give her a lesson. Before arriving, he had though of the state of his planet. Soyenus, was a planet filled with natural resources, and had an army that may not have been very vast, but is very strong and very loyal. His people were reliable, and strong. He adored his planet. Though, being Suvos Mactan, he was always plagued witht he though that something important, and devastating was on it's way. It wasn't this, he still felt it coming. Are his people ready for war? Uiron's blank expression turned into a slight smile finally making it into the training hall. He saw his sister.

    "Greeting, Orielle!" he said somewhat sporadically, even for his low and calm tone.
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  19. JessWrite
    Offline

    JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2011
    Messages:
    4,235
    Likes Received:
    283
    Location:
    My Old Kentucky Home
    Orielle

    "To a mind that is still, the whole galaxy surrenders..."

    Eyes closed and jaw set, Orielle silently repeated the words. The phrase she'd learned to live by, among many others since becoming part of the Nedurayr House. Orielle's strength didn't come about as easily as one might believe. Strength was nothing without proper focus; to be unprepared was certain risk of death.

    Orielle began her meditation, easing into the recesses of her mind. The familiar effect of the Flow tickled her fingertips, transferring to the staff she held. As she tapped further, Orielle was soon transported to the place where time waited to be fulfilled.

    The vast expanse of darkness she'd seen days prior had been lifted, replaced by crimson. The color hovered beneath her closed eyelids and Orielle watched as it slowly morphed. Like an ocean wave, it tossed and spilled over, to levitate a second later. A black cloud appeared and grew to an enormous size, swallowing up the crimson. Intense power emanated from it, so much that Orielle could feel a prick at her own heart. A feeling of dread washed over her; a dark sign indeed.

    As the cloud continued its rampage, a figure soon emerged. Red cloth concealed its downcast face, a cloak draped about its shoulders.

    Taking a sharp breath, Orielle pulled her mind closer, hoping to catch a glimpse of who It was. Male? Female? A familiar soul? She fought against the incoming tide of pain as she crept closer to the figure; closer to the truth. She had to know; she must see...

    "Greeting, Orielle!" A voice called in the distance. She gasped. Had It...spoken? Rarely did speech happen at such a time as this. How did It know her name?

    Due to surprise, but more of unease, her focus was lost. Within an instant, the figure and all knowledge she wished to know, vanished.

    Blinking rapidly, tears stung at her eyes as reality broke through. Orielle raised her head to find Uiron standing before her. For a moment, she studied his face as her previous questions resurfaced. Uiron must have interrupted her vision, he must have been the voice. Based on his expression, that explanation proved valid.

    Briefly she thought of recalling to Uiron what she saw, but decided against it. He had all of Soyenus' worries upon his shoulders, no need to add extra weight.

    "Greeting, Uiron." Orielle replied. "Whatever brings you here to the Training Hall? To offer a duel of sorts...or are you still recovering from the last time?" Her lips curled into a playful smirk.
     
  20. Forgotten_Memories
    Offline

    Forgotten_Memories Active Member

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2009
    Messages:
    552
    Likes Received:
    11
    Location:
    London, UK
    Kalara

    Kalara knew she was tired, but she didn't feel it - the adrenaline kept her going all night. More than a thousand people had turned up over night to the desecrated grounds of the church. The entire city was on lockdown, but people still flocked to the faith. These were desperate times, especially for the believers. It wasn't only that the church was destroyed, but the Emporer was also murdered. Kalara couldn't have orchestrated a better result herself.

    She lead her people in prayer - her surviving acolytes marching amidst the crowds, soothing their emotions of fear and uncertainty with the flow. But really, the Spirithealer was planning her next move. Now was the time to strike. The imperium was weak and unorganised and the houses would soon revolt. The lower classes were already looking for someone to guide them.

    She would need to bring her plans to fruition a lot faster - it had to be done for the Divine. The Divine had spared her, and it would lead her people forward in the dark times ahead. The Suvos Mactan would have to prevail - there was no other option.

    She noticed the number of imperial guards had increased throughout the night, keeping a close watch on her and her followers. It is not the time for revolution yet, Kalara thought to herself, but soon, my children. Soon.

    As she watched over, the High Priestess noticed an acolyte approach from her right, holding a holo-pad.

    "Your holiness," the timid girl began. Kalara noticed that she was really scared. "A message from Soyenus." She held it out for Kalara to read.

    Your holiness,

    It is my duty to inform you that Lord Uiron Nedrayur has departed from Soyenus to Surmarack, and will be reaching Coranum shortly. My prayers go out to you and the surviving Mactanists in Coranum.

    The end is nigh,

    Dreytan Farrar
    Arch Bishop of Soyenus


    Perfect. Kalara thought. Uiron Nedrayur was just the sort of powerful ally she was looking for. And she hoped he was bringing that sister of his. She needed a seer.
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  21. TheLeonard112
    Offline

    TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2012
    Messages:
    1,023
    Likes Received:
    80
    Location:
    The Ale Giant
    Uiron

    "Whatever brings you here to the Training Hall? To offer a duel of sorts...or are you still recovering from the last time?"

    Uiron gave a small chuckle, and looked at his sister with a stare of deceit. "If I remember correctly, I brought you to your knees our last duel." he stated with arrogance in his tome, even if it wasn't the complete truth.

    He stood her up, and smiled a bit. He stared into her eyes, infinitely, with his own black eyes.

    He noticed that she had been meditating, and he might have took her out of her concentration. Though, he wasn't one good with visions. The only big visions he got were of the past, and the ones he did get of the future were more of a sense, than sight. And it was something he didn't enjoy sensing too often, due to the fact of the impending doom.

    The only visions he enjoyed were the ones, where he could predict movements. It helped him in battle, but even with this ability. It wasn't always utilized to the point of mastery.

    He patted Orielle on the shoulder and looked at the training hall they were in. Fit for a large battle, or at least a fierce one between five or more.

    "Would you prefer to keep meditating, Orielle? I would just rather you not stress yourself out." he said sounding concerned for his younger sibling.
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  22. Fan7asticMrFox
    Offline

    Fan7asticMrFox Contributing Member Contributor

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2012
    Messages:
    910
    Likes Received:
    201
    Location:
    Hampshire, UK
    Douway Meeting

    “Lord Malief, Knight Ajax do you think he’s ready?”

    My lady… I cannot answer that… only your son can.” They all turned to face her son. “Do you accept the call… my liege?

    David sat in thought for a while before staring at his mother with a fierce determination. “I do. The time is now to stand up and be heard – we will make our intentions clear to the rest of the houses.”

    Lady Rosalyn’s expression did not change but her tone lightened with curiosity. “And what are our intentions, David?”

    “To rule of course! We have the blood of the journeymen in us, the first humans to explore the stars. After forty thousand years the Emperor is dead, we must take advantage of this!” The warrior’s fire was building in his belly and Malief sensed the heir’s desire for war, not for the throne itself. But the Lady was quick to stamp out childish fantasies. Her palm struck the gleaming chestnut table cracking David’s rage in half.

    You will hold your tongue.” Daggers glared back at him and he shrunk in his seat, the sturdy wood stool swallowing him up. “You are too bold, David. Your mind has not yet balanced with the level of wisdom expected of a lord. Far too brash and hot headed.” He tried to protest but his words turned to ash as swiftly as she raised her hand. “Your day as leader of this house ticks closer with each passing year, yet you cannot apply the patience nor the sense required for such a position. I am… disappointed.”

    And that was enough, Malief knew. She had been clever with her tongue, lashing away at the boy in the hope that remorse and regret would seep into his wounds. And she had wounded him of course, for he loved his mother greatly. Without a father in his life she had played both parts and he toiled every day to make her proud. But now in front of her top advisers he had embarrassed himself and lost his chance.

    Your mother speaks the truth… my liege.” Malief chimed. “Apart the houses are stones in the water… floating with no control. But together… they are a boulder… rolling over all in their path. The thought of destruction put a twinkle in David’s eye, slowly sitting back up.

    “Exactly Lord Malief, together we are stronger and can do so much more for the people of Surmarack. And that is the most important factor – the people. You can be Emperor all you want but if you do not serve them, they will liberate themselves.” She pointed to the portrait in the corner of the room, depicting a sombre and world weary figure. “Our recently deceased Emperor Armek serves as a just example.”
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  23. Macaberz
    Offline

    Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2012
    Messages:
    3,146
    Likes Received:
    297
    Location:
    Arnhem, The Netherlands
    “Our recently deceased Emperor Armek serves as a just example.”

    Ajax followed Lady Roselyn’s gaze. Armek’s acrylic counterpart looked even paler and more dreadful than it had before. Ajax returned his eyes to David, there was fire and spirit in the boy, so much so that it threatened to swallow him whole if he didn’t take heed to his mother’s words.

    “Is Master David expected to travel to House Jarn, outside of the city? That might prove problematic…” said Ajax carefully. His eyes settled on Malief, “though I am under the impression that Lord Malief is capable of transporting goods through perimeters.”

    His wristwatch beeped once and Ajax pardoned himself to look at the tiny holo-display. Rumbling clouds shifted over his expression.

    “An unidentified Isthus ship has reached orbit, early probes show it could carry a thousand souls,” relayed Ajax. Nothing too groundbreaking, or threatening, though it was peculiar such a ship should arrive at this time. Yet another contender to the throne no doubt, such a waste of time and effort. And just a thousand men? Very skittish, thought Ajax.

    Roselyn sighed, she rubbed her forehead, as if to scratch away the many troubles that crawled through her head like spiders. “All has turned sour,” she declared. “I can almost feel it. A new wind blows through the streets now, the very air has turned ravenous. There is a storm brewing, it’s almost tangible.” She paused for a moment “We are weak, we have few men at arms, even fewer of which have seen combat,” said Roselyn, she gazed at an inconceivable point, hovering somewhere in front of her eyes, turning them dreamy “and what numbers we do have are spread too thin. Whatever our move is going to be, open war is not," her eyes collided with David’s, “an option.”
     
    JessWrite and Pheonix like this.
  24. Erik-the-Enchanter!
    Offline

    Erik-the-Enchanter! Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2012
    Messages:
    2,385
    Likes Received:
    130
    Location:
    LA, California
    Evumeimei Dingzai

    Evumeimei wasn't exactly the perfect assassin. That would require mental acuity, caution, stealth and forethought. Evvy had none of those traits. But what she did have was the main ingredient for a good hitwoman: she could kill without feeling a thing. Which is exactly what she would do when she found out who wrote the order to bomb the temples of Sova Macton. It may be a surprise to many that Evvy was religious, to a point. She liked the comfort it gave her, that an ominicient being was watching over her and everything was pre-destined so there was no point in trying. But when someone bombed that temple, it shook her faith. How could someone do that? Why didn't the higher power stop them?!

    But above all it made Evvy angry. Angry that she was confused and doubting herself and her belief system. She didn't know how to deal with being confused, so she focused on the rage, that was something she could use. Evvy wasn't a stable girl to begin with and this flipped a switch in her head that could only be switched off by the death of whoever was the source of her pain. The choice was clear, according to her twisted logic.

    So she sought out the nearest High Priestess she could find, one that went by the name of Kalara. If she could align herself with her, maybe she could help her in her mission. But a ragamuffin like Evvy could not even get near a priestess without being dejected under suspicion of some kind of criminal activity. She wore faded, torn clothes and a purple scarf over her long jet-black hair. Her face could be pretty, if not for her dark piercing gaze and the dirt smudges on her cheeks. To gain access, Evvy levitated up the side of the building she was in and demolished a window with a flash and a bang, flaming pieces of glass spraying everywhere. Before she could be caught, Evvy found the High Preistess; it wasn't a hard task with her panoramic vision.

    "Your holiness!", Evvy said when she walked into the chamber and saw Kalara standing there. She fell to her knees and scraped and bowed, something she would do for no one else in the whole Ring.
     
    JessWrite likes this.
  25. Pheonix
    Offline

    Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Staff Contributor

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2012
    Messages:
    5,716
    Likes Received:
    401
    Location:
    The Windy City
    The Imperial Palace-
    Star Chambers of The Ariolus


    Seven robed figures sat around the single point of light in the chamber. Each was seated on a pillow, with their hands held out before them. None said a word. Three were Human, One was Isthus, and the remaining three were Sanhedrin.

    Slowly, as they sat in silence, the scene began to change. The single point of light was a hologram of the ring, Surmarack Station, and it's star technically named 42_DeC7, slowly grew in size, and the air seemed to ripple. Stars appearing in the air, lighting up the magnificent chamber.

    The ring turned, and spun, the stars around it slowly changing. Still, the figures were still, meditating.

    The segments turned, the ring spun through it's gravity generating revolution, points of light arrived and departed. Suddenly, there was a bright light coming from the Ring, a pillar of light that shot straight up towards the sun, it was the Pillar Bomb that had detonated in the Suvos Mactan temple. The ray of pure white shot out from the Ring, and then, a shadow passed over everything. Black ripples obscured the scene, shadowy clouds passing over everything. The light faded, and the hologram receded into the floor.

    Only then did the figures stir. Sighs of exasperation escaped several of them.

    "There are too many possibilities!" one exclaimed, one of the humans. "Even the infinite Flow cannot show us the path!"

    "We're blind and surrounded on all sides, our emperor is dead, and now even the Flow has abandoned us," another of the humans exclaimed.

    "No, something is blocking out sight," the Isthus said, standing up, her lithe figure towering above the rest. All rose now, but even at their full height, they could not compare to the Isthus. She was magnificent. "The Flow has not abandoned us, we are simply unable to contact it. Something, or someone, does not want us peering into the future."

    "Nonsense," one of the Sanhedrin said. "The Flow cannot be blocked! It is omnipresent, in all things at all times. We simply lack the ability to read it," the Sanhedrin said in it's strange, disembodied voice, produced by using the Flow to create vibrations in the air mimicking speech.

    "Atrus is correct," said the other Sanhedrin. "There is no known way to block or cloud the Flow, it is infallible. We must lack the strength to see..."

    "Our concentration must not be complete, Kardif," the other human male said. "The stress of the situation has broken our resolve."

    "No, I feel a block in the Flow, obstructing the out pour..." Kardif, the tall Isthus replied. She spoke with surety in her position. "Perhaps your concentration is broken Atrus, but mine is a steady as it has ever been."

    "Why must you be so proud always, Isthus?" Artus, The Sanhedrin and leader of the Order of Ariolus, the Seer Council, replied. His voice like a smooth whisper that all could hear. "But regardless, there is nothing more that we can prognosticate now, only the past is open to us. The Future is closed, so let us focus on the present. The houses will not long allow us to remain in power without a new emperor being chosen. Doubtless, they are already scheming, each one to attain the rank for themselves. We must head this off."

    "But how, Armek had no wife, no children, no heir. There is no one to replace him. And the people will not allow the rule of the Seer Council forever. Remember, this is a human world, and humans will not stand to be ruled by three Sanhedrin and an Isthus," Dralin, an old human with a long beard and crystal clear eyes said.

    "We never anticipated that the emperor would die... There is no contingency established to deal with this," Ma'gat, one of the Sanhedrin replied. "Power must be transfered peacefully, to a successor. But in the mean time, we must remain in control of the Imperium."

    "The undying throne is destroyed, and will take time to rebuild, if it can be done at all. We announce that until the construction of the Undying Throne is complete, no emperor shall sit it. In the meantime, we will retain control and search for a suitable successor," Atrus said. "In this way, we buy time to come up with a suitable solution. Are we in agreement?" he asked.

    The three humans, and the other two Sanhedrin nodded their heads. It allowed them to retain power, while searching for a suitable figurehead to take the place of Armek. They all agreed, all but Kardif, that is, but she bit her tongue. There was no hope of changing the minds of the others. They were enjoying the vacancy of the throne too much.
     
    Kingtype likes this.

Share This Page