The Imperium of Surmarack Second Stage: Return to Paradise

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Pheonix, May 29, 2013.

1. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

High Priestess Kalara

"High Priestess, I am Evumeimei Dingzai, daughter of no one, I want to pledge my life to you, to help protect and aid you in whatever way I can. Someone destroyed the temple, that much I know, but I want to help strike back at whatever foe would dare desecrate such a holy place. If you would have me, I would give you my undying loyalty. I would offer up my soul for you to take..."

Taking souls. Now that was an interesting concept - why hadn't she thought of it before? Kalara kept smiling. The girl's faith was strong, she would make a fine Zealot.

Then the girl looked up at Tun, she seemed to be considering something. "I would best this one in battle if it would please you, Your Holiness."

And by the Divine, she had spirit. Kalara almost let out a laugh, but instead she widened her grin and sniggered. "I thank you child, for your offering and your will to prove yourself, but that won't be necessary." Kalara was quite fond of Tun. The Dureni hardly spoke, but that's exactly what she liked in a companion. The words of men were almost always wasted on her - they were just so... uninteresting. Besides, she could hardly afford to inflict unnecessary injury to her best warriors right now. But she had to test the girl's loyalty somehow.

"I have another task for you." The High Priestess said, indicating for Evumeimei to stand up. "A dear friend of mine, Lord Uiron Nedrayur is flying in from Soyenus. Would you be so kind as to collect him for me from the Diplomatic docking bay in the Naval Base on the far side of the city, and bring him here to the temple? Oh, and take Tamara with you. She will have all the necessary documentation" Kalara called over the acolyte who had brought her the holo-pad earlier that day.

Kalara couldn't go out of the temple with so many requesting her presence right on its steps, but she had to somehow arrange meetings with Illaro, the head of the Merchant Guild - if he was still in Coranum after last night's events - and now with Uiron. Messages over holo-tech were not safe enough.

JessWrite likes this.
  2. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Aurora

She barely registered anything but motion, and when two sets of hands scooped her up panic took leave of her senses and she struggled. One of the maids murmured something, and Aurora's struggles ceased as a queer numbing sensation ran all through her body. The maid must know some sort of calming spell.

Mind sluggish and weary, everything seemed to pass in a blur. And when she finally woke up, it was to the heady taste of wine on her tongue.

"Here -this will wake you up good and proper." the maid said quietly, and Aurora swallowed down another mouthful before realizing where she was. The hair on the back of her neck stood on end, and horror coursed through her as she realized just how angry Sorven would be with her for this!

"Ma'am!" hands snatched at her and pulled her back when she leapt from the bed, "Please, clam down! You are not yourself!"

Looking down, Aurora saw that her plain white garb had been exchanged for an emerald blouse and black leggings, and her hair had been tied back in a top-knot, a few strands let loose to accentuate her face.

"I -how- where-" she stammered, then swayed, clutching her head. "What happened?"

JessWrite likes this.
  3. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Contracting the Services of Gaius Rufius

Gaius wiped the sweat from his brow as he twisted the loosened bolt on his ship. The bolt went 'cric' as it had to work its way past rust to tighten. He was in a part of the ring that was reminiscent of a dry flat desert. The heat fell upon his now shirtless back as he worked on his ship.

His truck was parked just around it. It hadn't taken him long to get there but the repairs he was doing would take at least an hour or so. Gaius sighed as he stood up from his kneeling position his eyes were blood shot and he was sweating a lot even for for the weather. The ship itself wasn't that big.

It had long plane like wings coming from its side, no windows with the exception of the one in the front for the pilot and it gleamed mostly silver well if not for the various patches of rust that decorated most of it. Though the ship was far from pretty looking a naked woman with flowing red hair and E cup breasts painted on the right side of it.

Her legs were spread open but unfortunately that was one of the areas the rust had decided to ruin. Gaius sniffed as water started to come to his eyes. He felt an intense burning all over his body that worked its way down his arms and to his legs. Gaius knew what was happening his coke high had worn off.

He groaned as his started digging his nails into his bare arms and started scratching. He was to preoccupied to notice that a visitor had just arrived.

The small air car settled down on the other side of Gaius ship. It was of Lynxine design, sleek and lithe looking, a single seater. The door opened, and a tall Lynxine with a bad eye and a chunk missing from his left ear got out and started walking around the ship.

"This ship is a pile of s***," he said with the feline purr in his accent that was characteristic of Lynxine who learn common. His whiskers twitching, he inspected the rust bucket. "Gaius Rufius right? I've been looking for you."

Gaius continued scratching himself, paying no mind to the Lynxine. "Fuck! So damn itchy out here." He felt like he was getting tickled constantly and not in a good way.

The Lynxine reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black case, it looked like a glasses case, and popped the lid open. "I see, you know, Cocaine produces a lot of nasty withdrawal side-effects. Not good stuff... to unrefined. My people learned long ago how to achieve the best high, without the withdrawal."

He removed a small syringe from the case, and tapped the glass a few times to get out any air bubbles. "Ever heard of Exilius Spice?" he asked, then plunged the syringe into his forearm. In less than a second he was shuddering in ecstasy. "Best high you'll ever get, wanna a shot?" he said, holding out a clean needle.

Gaius turned around rapidly finally realizing that someone was there. He instantly went into an Imperial Guard like stance as a pistol appeared in his hands in a split second. He was gripping the handle of his weapon with both hands of course aiming it directly at Lynxine's head. Gaius was a bit ashamed that he hadn't noticed a possible threat.

But that didn't matter at the end of the day. Gaius was ready to murder whoever this was. The adrenaline from withdrawl and on top of being surprised. Left him antsy for some sort of rush. "The fuck are you?" He asked and then he looked at the syringe.

The Lynxine smirked. "I am a friend bearing drugs... My name is Lucerne, and I'd like to offer you a job."

Gaius lowered his weapon. "Money." The older man said.

"Two Million Imperial Credits, plus expenses, paid in your preference of forms. You get 20% up front, the rest once the job is done," the Lynxine said, to the point.

"Alright I can do that." Gaius said grinning. "What's the job anyway?"

"Well," the Lynxine smiled, looking like a house cat, "We need you to get someone out of Coranum..." and then he told Gaius all the gritty details.

JessWrite and Kingtype like this.
  4. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Orielle

"...First we must visit the Suvos Mactan temples. See if we an get any insight on the visions from their history." Orielle repeated Uiron's words again in her mind. The Suvos Mactan Temple; the very temple she served for five years.

Since joining the Nedrayur House she hadn't visited Coranum often and when she did, she always was hesitant when going to the temple. Of course forgiveness had been exchanged, but even through the years she felt undeserving of the peoples kindness, including the renowned Priestess.

As her thoughts turned, a dark memory clouded her perception. Orielle was transported again to the place of time, a hidden place of the past. Black smoke billowed, rising and falling as it teased with a sliver of false reality. Voices; familiar voices settled on her ears.

"Get out of 'ere, Isthus mutt! Your kind don't belong."

The smell of sweat and alcohol filled the air, coupled with sticky humidity as the voice grew louder. "Disobeying us, Missy? Well, we gots rules for ones like you!"

A hard swipe across the cheek knocked into her senses. Another followed.

"But...but...all I wanted was..."

"Ye wanted, ye say?"

"Sir, I...I'm just trying to find a place to get out of the cold for the night. Can't I stay here?"

The smoke shifted, revealing a rugged human face of old. His crooked teeth shone in a nasty grin. "I guess I could make an exception for ye, but on one condition...ye gots to play our little game."

Orielle gritted her teeth as the past flashed by in staggering detail. Sweat dotted her forehead as she tried desperately to break free of the ridiculed laughter of men.

"Lady Nedrayur, is something wrong?" A soft voice came from the shadows, a large hand reaching out to her. She grabbed it, soon being thrown back into the present. Blinking away her shock, Orielle looked up into the face of the Captain. He was gripping her trembling hand, concern in his gaze.

Orielle pulled away and took a step backwards. "Yes, Glasson, I...I'm quite alright. No need to worry."

Before he could question her further, she took her leave and walked out the door Uiron had. Her bottled up tears fell as pain lingered on her cheek. Some memories in life truly should be forgotten...if only she was able.

Wiping her tears with the back of her glove, Orielle shrugged her shoulders to rid of tension. She couldn't allow the distractions to stop her; after all they had an Imperium to help lead to peace.

And Uiron needed her.

5. Keitsumah

Aurora

"I believe you fainted. Poor dear -you have not had an easy time of it have you?" the maid cooed, and Aurora forced herself to relax a bit. She was at the Douway house -not at Sorven's.

"Oh my gosh! I completely forgot! Please, there was a young boy from this house -around twelve or thirteen. I didn't catch his name, but he got snatched up by the guards when he was helping me escape! Can I-"

"-Oliver?" the maid queried, then smiled and waved Aurora off. "He's resting in bed at the moment. Ajax brought him in last night soon after you appeared. I'm not sure if you would be allowed, but would you like to see him? He did keep asking for a girl with blue hair . . ." the maid trailed off and her gaze grew sharp. "Well, I haven't seen any other maids with blue hair such as yours -did you die it?" When Aurora shook her head in answer, the woman's eyes grew wide. "How strange! Anyhow, let's go. Lord Malief will wish to see how well you have recovered, but you may be able to speak with the child before he asks after you."

Aurora nodded and followed after the maid through the door, but when she turned the corner a squeak of alarm escaped and she darted back into the room. A tall guard had been only feet away as he passed by, and the maid laughed at Aurora's reaction.

"Come now, milady -it's just Ajax. Milord, we were just heading out to see Oliver. How is he faring?" the maid queried as Aurora peeked out from behind the door again.

JessWrite likes this.
  6. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Evumeimei Dingzai

Evvy bowed to the High Priestess, but curled her lip at Tamara. Did she really need somone shadowing her every move? Tamara would just slow her down, but she did know how to work the technical side of the mission, so she couldn't be that useless. Evvy walked up to Tamara and stood a little too close, her black eyes locked on Tamara's. That same look had helped Evvy survive on her own on the streets. It had also discourage slave traders from buying her, they said she had "witch eyes" and that she was cursing them.

"I'm Evumeimei, Evvy for short," Evvy said in a flat monotone. "Take me to our transportation. I would like this mission to go without a hitch." A hint of buzzing surrounded the last word she said, as if bees were flying around just out of sight. She wanted Tamara to know exactly who was in charge. "You will fulfill your duties and I will fulfill mine." Her last sentence was spoken only for Tamara to hear in a low whisper. Then Evvy stepped aside and gestured for Tamara to lead the way.

JessWrite likes this.
  7. Forgotten_Memories

Tamara

Tamara shied away from the new recruit, adjusting her glasses and clutching her holo-pad closer to her chest. There was something odd about the girl - she was very forward, and those eyes were so intimidating. There hadn't been a new recruit like her in a while. At least, not that the acolytes had seen. There were rumours that the Mactanists were recruiting for a greater purpose - recruiting those who had no family, no hope, no purpose. This girl seemed like just the type. If that was the case, she probably wouldn't be around here very long.

"I'm Evumeimei, Evvy for short. Take me to your transportation. I would like this mission to go without a hitch." There was an odd buzzing of bees as she finished her sentence. Definitely strange, thought Tamara. "You will fulfill your duties and I will fulfill mine."

Tamara blinked. "Uhh, transportation?" She said aloud, directing the question more towards the High Priestess.

"We travel mostly by foot, my dear child." Kalara told Evvy. "So you best leave soon. I have a feeling Lord Nedrayur will be landing shortly."

Tamara hopped with a burst of energy. "Right - follow me!" She motioned for Evvy to come along and sped off towards a side entrance to the temple. There was no way they were going to get out quickly using the front.

JessWrite likes this.
  8. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

"Come now, milady -it's just Ajax. Milord, we were just heading out to see Oliver. How is he faring?" the maid queried as Aurora peeked out from behind the door again.

Ajax turned around to face the maid, his eyes narrowed, he didn't think favourably of gossiping. By extension, he didn't think too favourably of most of the Douway servants who had made it their life's goal to analyse every step of every Douway at every time of the day. He recalled two maidens, Isabella and Sarah, fantasizing over David's supposed love for a girl, even then it had escaped their brilliant minds that the girl was actually David's niece who'd come over on a familiy visit. Ajax blinked, the hushed sounds and muffled smells of the memory faded into oblivion, replaced by the harsh light of reality.

"He is faring well," replied Ajax simply. Ajax chuckled, already he could see Lady Roselyn lecturing the child. His practical jokes had so far been rather expensive, even though it was mere change for the Douway's treasury. "He's been asking for a girl, might be the fever, I have never seen a blue haired-. Ah," said Ajax. His eyes rested on Aurora who appeared to be bravely defending the three square feet of ground between her, the door, and the maiden. Ajax's eyes went back to the maiden, "Perhaps it is best if I accompany you, if Lady Roselyn would find an unknown girl by his bedstead..." Ajax's voice trailed off. He expected Aurora to follow and already began to march of, his feet crushing the floor as usual.

JessWrite likes this.
  9. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Evumeimei Dingzai

Evvy bowed to the High Priestess one last time before traipsing out of the room after Tamara. When they were outside, Evvy cast a wary eye around them. If anyone attacked, it would be up to her to thwart them. Tamara didn't look like the fighting type, unless she had some weapons hidden on her person. I suppose she could crush someone's windpipe with a good thrust from her holopad, Evvy thought warily. She considered taking Tamara's holopad and breaking it so she couldn't use it against her, but then she reminded herself that that was crazy thinking.

It was hard for Evvy to determine what was normal and what wasn't, but she tried her best to tell the difference.

"Who is this Lord Uiron Nedrayar?" Evvy said as the trotted down the lane. Evvy easily kept pace with Tamara, having experience in running from people as well as running people down. "Is he a true friend to the Priestess? Is he dangerous? Tell me everything you know so that I may do my job better," she demanded.

JessWrite likes this.
  10. Pheonix

The Great Wilds
    Somewhere between Vandermirum and Foresythia

Jessica Vandermir

Things had been starting to look up. The Pennington's had a contact in Penberry, a small farming village on the border of the great wilds that separated Vandermir and Foresyth land. H would drive them in a ground based hover-trailer that carried heavy grain shipments via the roadways through the wilds to a secret safehouse built by her father. There was shuttle waiting for them there that could take them the rest of the way into Foresythia.

They had departed early in the morning, and after a tearful farewell with the kind old Pennington's, Jessica and Arthur had hopped into the back of the hover trailer that soon after was floating down the road toward the wilds. The driver was a rough looking man named Alex. He was very kind to them though, and seemed like he was loyal to their father.

Arthur had been quiet the whole time, barely saying a word. And now, in the back of the hover-truck, they were sitting with their backs to a wall. Jessica was lost in thought, but Arthur was just sitting there, staring blankly at the other wall. Suddenly, she heard him start sobbing. And hearing him, was like loosing the torrents from her own eyes. She just put her arm around the boy and pulled him closer, and then they sat there, crying together.

By the time the tears dried up, she had lost all track of time and space. She wasn't even sure if the truck was still moving or not. "We're gonna be alright Arty, we'll be alright."

"But I miss Mom and Dad," the boy replied.

"Me too."

Suddenly, the truck jerked to a halt. "What's happening?" Arthur exclaimed.

"Maybe we're there," Jessica replied, but she didn't think so, the stop was too abrupt. There was a burst of sunlight and Alex was standing in the open doorway.

"You have to run!" he exclaimed. "There's an Imperial Checkpoint on the road ahead. It wasn't there last time I made this trip I swear! But if they find you... you have to run!" he exclaimed again.

"But-" Jessica started. She was cut off as he tossed her a holopad and a bolt pistol.

"Go!" he shouted and pointed out into the trees. Something inside of her knew the urgency of their situation. If they were caught, the Imperials would execute them as traitors, even Arty. They had no choice.

So, grabbing Arty by the hand, she pulled him after her out of the hovertruck. "Thank you, thank you for everything," she told Alex, and a moment later she took off running into the woods with Arthur's hand clasped in hers.

11. Forgotten_Memories

Tamara

Tamara walked with a quick pace, but Evvy had no trouble keeping up. The strange girl seemed to be constantly inspecting her, as if she was hiding something. Tamara clutched her holo-pad close. If the girl tried anything, at least she had that as a weapon. They headed west, towards the Naval Base. The streets were now less empty, but fully armed Imperium guards were scattered everywhere.

"Who is this Lord Uiron Nedrayur? Is he a true friend to the Priestess? Is he dangerous? Tell me everything you know so that I may do my job better."

Tamara had been an acolyte for three years now, and assisted the High Priestess' communication efforts frequently, so she knew quite a bit. Although, she didn't know how much she should disclose to this newcomer. "Well, Lord Nedrayur is the ruler of Soyenus - one of the inner planets of Isthus. He's an avid Mactanist and ally to the Priestess through faith. The two have known each other for quite some time." Tamara couldn't recall exactly how long, but it was definitely many centuries. "Lord Nedrayur's arrival was only reported a couple of hours ago. All I know is that the Priestess requests an audience, and we are to escort him back to the temple."

She picked up her pace. It was probably another half hour's walk to their destination, and then who knew how long the security procedures and inspections would take.

JessWrite likes this.
  12. Keitsumah

Aurora

At the prodding of the maid, Aurora followed after Ajax. She couldn't help herself when her eyes trailed over the walls though -of the paintings of past Douway Lords and Ladies. Most of them looked severe, but there were others who simply looked bored or tired.

"I wonder who the next will look like . . ." she muttered to herself.

JessWrite likes this.
  13. Macaberz

Ajax, Oliver Douway.

"Here," said Ajax as he swung the double doors guarding Oliver's room open. He positioned himself just outside, hands behind his back, boots seemingly tied against one another, his spine straight as a candle. The maiden was first to walk into the room.

Oliver was sitting in bed, his head was propped up against a wall of cushions. The bright sunlight that shone through the closed windows rendered his face paler than it was. The smoothed oak floor mirrored the sun's light in a blaze of polish. Oliver looked up, holoset in hand. "Who is it?" he asked, his eyes shifting towards the opened door. "Oh it's only me," said the maiden. She pinched his cheek and ruffled his hair, "feeling better are you? I have brought you some company..."

JessWrite likes this.
  14. Pheonix

Urion and Orielle Nedrayur's Arrival on Surmarack

Uiron had later met with his sister. She looked a bit dazed. Uiron was worried, his black eyes stared at her. Maybe he was being to harsh when giving her orders, but she must understand this is a time of business. They are in a situation where they must be careful. One incorrect movement, or decision, and a war could be created.

He looked at her and though of the many possibilities of what could happen next. The outcomes fluttered his head as he thought over each one thoroughly, even if it had been only a couple of seconds. He trailed off quickly, with his sister few feet behind him, she was quiet. He intended to break the silence later, but as of now, he needed to get to the charger.

Once making his way down the hall he found a room. The walls were silver, and the floor matched. Running from the ceiling were blue streaks, embedded inside of the walls. They were glowing, and led up to a podium. Laying atop this podium was a tube like structure. It had nothing in the center, except a glowing blue light. He took his laser out of his pocket and pressed button on the side. Upon pressing it, a small cube fell out the bottom of the gun. He stuck the cube inside the tube, and everything glowed blue. The streaks, and the cube. Waiting a few seconds, he took the cube back out. Steam was coming off of it as he quickly placed it back inside the gun. He began to make his way to the drop ship.

He made it to an all black room, with many lights scattered across the ceiling. Inside there were many pods, though he looked at one in particular. Inside it looked the most common to areas with highly expensive human luxury items. He looked to his sister who was a few feet behind him. "What is troubling you, Orielle? He asked sincerely.

Orielle sighed, debating whether to tell him the truth. She hated being a burden and at such a time as this. Though, she knew it would be far worse for her to harbor everything inside. "Visions," she said, locking her gaze onto her brother. "Constant realistic visions from the past that eat at me inside. I've had them for awhile now."

Uiron's eyes grew wide as he looked at his sister with worry. "Why did you not inform me?" he said grabbing her hand. "You know I will always be here to comfort you. You are my sister, you can always come to me to ease your mind in a time of need." he continued.

"I didn't want to burden you, Uiron, with the times as they are," Orielle said quietly. "But thank you, I know you speak truth. Still, these visions of mine I wouldn't want to recall. I wish I could forget them, but since we're going to the Temple, I fear they may grow more frequent."

"Just stay close to me, and make certain you call me if you need comfort." Uiron said as the two boarded the pod, and it flew off into the Surmarack atmosphere.

Three Imperial Gunships arced in to escort the Dropship on it's way. The gunship is the mainstay of the Imperial forces, a versatile, powerful craft powered by a fusion reactor and grav-thrusters.

They flew around the Dropship in formation.

The lead ship hailed the Isthus craft. "We'll have you down in just a few moments, prepare for some turbulence. We'll be passing into the Ring's gravity well shortly, and then you'll feel the stations docking beams tow you in for landing. Hold tight," the pilot radioed.

After a few bumps from the ship entering the gravity well, it was engulfed in a pale blue light as the tractor beams engaged.

"This is the Imperial Naval Base of Coranum. We've got you and you are clear to land," the ground side controller radioed up. "Escort, you are clear to return to God's Hammer."

"Thank you we are away," the three escort ships veered off and back into space. Out of the dropship windows, the majesty of the Suramarack station could be clearly seen. Coranum, glistening gold, and the green and blue strip of the ring stretching off into infinity on either side.

A few moment's later, the dropship was settling gently on the Diplomatic Landing Pad at he Naval Base in Coranum city.

15. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Evumeimei Dingzai

Evvy nodded to Tamara, digesting the information she had just been given. So this Uiron person was a friend and a planet ruler. Evvy hoped he wasn't stuck-up. If there was one thing she didn't like in a person, it was being high and mighty. She had no reason to suspect that Lord Uiron was like that, but the more she thought about it the more certain she was that he must be full of himself. And on top of that, he was a close friend of Kalara, which meant he was stealing attention away from Evvy.

Suddenly it was very clear in Evvy's mind that Uiron was her competitor for the High Priestesses undivided love. She would have to outclass him somehow, to take his spot in Kalara's eyes. Maybe if she could dig up some dirt about him, or even over hear him talking about the HP in a bad way. Evvy grinned, but the expression did not reach her dark eyes, which glittered with anger and jealousy.

"Oh, he thinks he's all that doesn't he, well I'll show him," Evvy grumbled. She patted her purple head scarf a little too roughly and continued walking at a furious pace.

JessWrite likes this.
  16. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

The Meeting

Pitch black. Not a single light cracked the empty abyss that was this room. Its length and height and width were infinite in it – this lonely, cold space. Nothing moved. Nothing even squeaked; too afraid to break the ear scratching silence.

A tiny blue orb no smaller than a rain drop suddenly popped into existence. It held there in the middle of this universe, its icy glow barely meeting anything around it. But it did, just, and square black tiles, glossy and polished, appeared out of nowhere below. Each one sat perfectly next to the other and they continued off into the distance until they faded back into obscurity. The blue orb began to grow bigger and its pale radiance sparkled across the floor, melding with the darkness. The blue looked grainy and transparent, and as it grew larger details began to form in its light.

First there was a pair of hands. They flowed up with arms, moulded in the blue. And then a body. And a long robe. And finally when the expansion was complete, Lord Malief himself stood large in a vision of sapphire, with the curtain of his attire sweeping on the floor. The blue had grown so large that the tiles closest turned to ice. And in front of Malief, narrowly in view, was a sleek black chair that matched the floor. It faced away from him and inside a hooded figure slumped in his throne.

“Well?” The shadowy figure demanded.

“The wench is being difficult, Master.” Malief’s hologram replied. “She is so very…cautious.”

“Make her understand.”

“I tried, but she only means to delay us with her worri-“

Make her understand.

“But –“

“Coin is a luxury we have Lord Malief. Information is a luxury we have. Time is not.” The shadowy figure growled. His fingers tapped an edgy beat on the arm rest. “The plan was proceeding as expected… until now.”

“I have it under co-“

“You will make this wedding happen. Their beautiful union, together hand in hand, cheek to cheek – will signal the coming of our return. It is inevitable.”

“And when you return?” The hologram asked hesitantly.

“Ah… You are right to fear it Lord Malief. It is because you do not believe – that you fear it. We will return. And we will do what we have done many… many times before.”

“Yes… my Master.” Terror stuck a lump in his throat and after a few painfully silent moments he swallowed it and asked, “M... Master, you most likely know about Tali’s failures… my number tw-“

“Her replacement is on its way.” The shadowy figure said dully. He pressed the air in front and a white holoscreen appeared. “The wedding must proceed as planned, or it will be you that we replace, Lord Malief.” With that he tapped the floating screen and the blue Malief disappeared, the room pitch black once more.

JessWrite likes this.
  17. Keitsumah

Aurora

Aurora stepped through the door, and when her eyes alighted on the boy a smile cracked through the near-constant expression of wariness she always wore.

"How are you doing?" she asked quietly, walking over until she was next to him -on the opposite side of the bed from where the maid stood. The worried look on her face bespoke of a need to say something, but she kept it back. It would only make things worse.

Reaching out and threading her fingers through the boy's, she swallowed. "Thank you. I doubt i can ever repay you for what you did."

JessWrite likes this.
  18. Macaberz

Oliver Douway

Oliver gawked at the blue-haired girl, she looked better in the emerald blouse and black leggings that she'd been alloted. He opened his mouth, ready to answer to her question, then he felt something in his hands. Her fingers, cold to touch, intertwined with his. Oliver maintained his stupified gaze.

"Thank you. I doubt i can ever repay you for what you did."

Oliver wasn't sure if he wanted to yank his hand loose or let the girl hold it. Despite the fine clothes she wore, the girl still had the dreadful countenance of a pauper. Oliver didn't much mind associating with the likes of her but his mother, in spite of her supporting the poor, thought that keeping some level of distance was required. "I-," his breath caught. "I am glad I could be of help," said Oliver politely. His mind grumbled at the silent tension that began to grow between them. The fact that the maiden was witnessing the entire scene didn't make it easier. Oliver's eyes brightened, curiosity once again plowing itself to the forefront of his mind. "What are you called?" he inquired as he slid his hand out of hers.

JessWrite likes this.
  19. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Gaius wasn't exactly one for being subtle. Which is exactly why he always did his jobs even the simple ones in the most violent ways.

His palms were sweaty as he steered his ship. It glided swiftly and quickly through the lower levels of the ring. He wasn't really all that nervous just very eager to get to work. He was flying just above Coranum at the moment. Gaius held up a picture of the man he was looking to break out......well not man.

A kid and he sort of looked like a wimp. Gaius could tell he was short much shorter then himself in fact. His skin dark and his hair looked as white as snow. Gaius studied the picture a bit long and came to conclusion. His target was either a faggot or a hipster.

Gaius side and started to fly his ship towards the docks of the holding facility. The burners on the back heated the air as they boosted him downward...........and then.

BOOM!!!

The sound was loud as Gaius's ship crashed into the docks. Smaller ships went flying due to the speed he had clocked in at. The sounds of metal banging upon other metals was thunderous as the ship tore through the entire left side of the dock. Gaius paid no attention as guard bones could heard snapping to mush under his vehicle.

Fire spread across most of the location the mechanics from all the exploding technology, also flames coming from the back of Gaius's ship quickly had it raining ashes and torching everything a crisp black if it was close enough.

"Well that was fun." Gaius said to himself in an almost bored tone as he prepared to exit. No tactical planning had gone into this. All Gaius knew was that he had a target to extract and he would do it.

JessWrite likes this.
  20. Keitsumah

Aurora

Standing straighter as she felt the inquiring gaze of the maid on her, Aurora mentally berated herself for being such a fool. He was a Lord, and she was a servant. How could she expect to behave around him as if he was one of her own charges from the past?

Well, honesty was always the first thing i taught the kids. Even if i am not even an adult myself yet. she thought.

"Aurora, my Lord." she replied, trying to regain some semblance of calm despite the prickling sensation that went up her neck every time she thought about the guard standing just outside the door.

JessWrite likes this.
  21. Macaberz

"Aurora, my Lord."

Oliver nodded, a silence ensued between them. The chirping of birds slipped through the windows, filling the room with incomprehensible chatter. Oliver took a deep breath, his lungs filling with the warmth of the sun. "You have funny hair," decided Oliver, "I've never seen someone with that color hair before."

At that very moment the sound of impending doom came crashing through the door. "Is he awake?" sounded the all too familiar voice of his mother. "Yes my Lady," replied Ajax. The skin on Oliver's cheeks reddened. Lectures from his mother were never pleasant but now he'd have to suffer an audience as well.

"Oliver!" lashed Roselyn's voice. She didn't even seem to notice that she wasn't alone in his room. "What. Have. You. Done? Do you have any idea- why can't you just- do you know what 'don't sneak out' means?" Roselyn breathed, she flared her nostrils, releasing a steaming hot breath that Oliver feared would incinerate him. Her gaze besieged Oliver's eyes relentlessly. The iron cold that radiated from her look made Oliver shiver underneath the blankets, even the bird choir had muted.

"Not only did you sneak out without protection, you mixed with the plebs, you even brought one here, you got arrested by the imperial guards, and, I've heard you even robbed Ser Pomfrey The Fat. And for what? Only so that you could take some stranger girl into this house? Do you have any idea how much you've cost us?"

Oliver had cowered underneath the blankets, only his eyes and forehead remained uncovered.

"Well?" demanded Roselyn, hands on her sides.

"Sorry," muttered Oliver. Roselyn rolled her eyes, "Oh yes I do feel sorry to call myself your mother. You've disgraced our house yet again, I am very much ashamed of you Oliver." Roselyn brought her face closer to his, her eyes deadly cold. "It seems you haven't learned your lesson yet," she sighed, then paused for a moment, contemplating her next move. Her expression softened, her hair, which had seemed to be on fire, returned to normal. "I was worried for you," concluded Roselyn,

"You know what happened to your father. You are so very like him, reckless, foolish -but with a good heart no doubt," said Roselyn.

Ajax couldn't help but listen in on the fear-inducing lecture. Oliver akin to his father? That was a stretch to say the least, Lord Douway hadn't been anything like the adventorous, sympathetic Oliver. No, David was akin to Lord Douway, Oliver was different.

"Why can't I see him?" inquired Oliver. "You know I don't want you-" began Roselyn, but she caught herself halfway through. Her eyes widened upon finding a maiden and a blue-haired girl in Oliver's room. "So this is the girl?" she said coldly, she merely nudged her head at Aurora, considering it a waste of energy to even look at her a second time.

"Please don't make her go away," pleaded Oliver who'd been gathering the courage to speak up again. Roselyn's eyes whipped from Aurora back to Oliver. "Lord Malief requested the same, she will serve him. We will speak of this no more." She turned her back on Oliver and began to head out of the room, but stopped in the doorway.

"You step out of line once more and I swear I'll send you to a disciplinary school," said Roselyn.

"Yes mum," was the meek reply. Ajax wondered if Roselyn had even heard the terror in Oliver's voice. She seemed grumpier than usual, the burden of ruling was beginning to wear at her no doubt.

JessWrite likes this.
  22. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Uiron and Orielle

Uiron stepped onto the platform. He noticed the many guards around his sister and he. He watched over the edge, looking at Coranum. He hadn't been to this city, better yet, he hasn't been to Surmarack in a very long time.

"My good friend Kalara will be bringing someone to escort us to the Suvos Mactan temples. You remember Kalara, the high priestess. A good friend of mine and an important part of the church." Uiron said informatively holding Orielle's hand as if she was to be guided like a considerably younger sister.

"Yes, I remember her. An admirable woman of the faith." Orielle replied as she took in the reality that she was back in Coranum. The city she had raised herself and once called home, before one mistake changed her life. What had started as a bad situation turned out to have been for her good. Still, the thoughts of the past sent a tremor through her mind and Orielle's grip went tighter on Uiron's hand. "I hope the people of the church are faring well, given the circumstances." she said quietly.

Uiron looked at Orielle with a grin as her grip tightened. He had already realized that she was filled with grief, so he decided that he would try his best to comfort her. "I understand you are not too fond of Coranum. Though this time, I will be able to watch over you even more. Despite you being my protector as an occupation." he said jokingly with a smile. He sat there looking up into the sky of Surmarack, it was largely different from that of Soyenus. "I wonder when our escort will be arriving." he said with curiosity lingering in his voice.

At Uiron's joke, a smile settled on Orielle's lips. "You need all the protecting you can get if anyone hits as hard as I do," she teased. She followed Uiron's gaze, peering high into the starry sky. The brilliant colors reflected in her eyes as she studied the constellations. Scanning the lower horizon, she found her favorite star that she used to wish on during hard nights. "Our escort will probably arrive late since time feels slower here."

Uiron looked at his sister and let out a small laugh that was only loud enough for her to hear. "You hit like a woman." he said jokingly. Then stopped, becoming more serious, acknowledging her other statement and looking onto the horizon with her. "Time only feels slower because you are savoring the moment, dear sister." he stated lowly.

23. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

"I have steeped the world into chaos, I have no regrets, from his death a phoenix will rise." Tezz mumbled again to his captures, the guard sneered and struck another blow at him.

"That's all he F***ing say's." another guard appeared behind the first one still striking him. "I think he's lost his mind."

Tezz shook his head, "No, not my mind, just my fear of dyeing, to expired filth like you!" The guard sneered again and raised his weapon, suddenly the building shook, the lights dimed, just as he was about to land he was thrown to the ground.

A moment later they awoke, the light flickered on, but the power outages caused by the sudden shaking, released the energy chains binding him, the chains that caged him here like an animal, for what must have been ages. But now, he was free, the beast was uncage."

"T-the prisoners escaped, c-call the guards!" the first guard stuttered fumbling towards the door, it opened and as he dashed through screaming Tezz wiped his hand to the left, forcing the door shut with the power of flow, crushing the second guard right as he tried dived through it. Spraying blood and splinters of bone down the hall way, drawing screams from the first, who ran even faster screaming.

"He's escaped! the man who killed God has escaped!"

JessWrite likes this.
  24. Macaberz

Ajax.

Ajax slept until the sun had reachest its highest point. His dreams as gentle as the breezing wind, yet clouds were thickening in the back of his mind. The girl was Sorven's property, and though Ajax had no respect for the man, he was able to see the implications should Sorven find out that his property resided in a other house.

Ajax sat on a bench in the stone-and-grass courtyard, at the heart of the embassy. In spite of the calm, cool weather his mind had turned uneasy. For reasons he didn't dare reflect upon, Ajax felt a splinter in his heart. Oliver, the boy was innocent, harmless, yet all too capable of causing trouble. Roselyn had been wise to task David to treat with house Jarn, yet now she had decided that Aurora and Oliver should go as well. perhaps she was trying to outmaneuver Sorven by sending Aurora away. but why would she care for the girl? Malief had taken interest her, Oliver seemed to like her, but what was Roselyn's gain in keeping the girl safe? At least the Jarns would be happy to see two Douways on their front door, even if they were both very young. it would only make things easier for the Jarns, children could be easily seduced, and the Jarns had reason to try and do so. They needed money, Ajax could only wonder what the Douways could gain from lending it to them.

Tomorrow we will know, Ajax thought to himself. They had procrastinated their trip to House Jarn, due to the circumstances. Ajax grimmed at the thought that even The Virus seemed to have trouble to escort people out of a city in total lockdown.

JessWrite likes this.
  25. Keitsumah

Aurora

Aurora had quickly adapted to being in the Douway household, even if it had only been less than a fully day since her escape from Sorven. Having heard that she would be sent along with Oliver to house Jarn from the Lady Douway, she kept a careful eye on the boy even when he wasn't looking. She was assigned to be Lord's Maleif's servant for now, but he hadn't appeared since she had first come into the household. Not that she minded -she never would get the fear of men out of her head.

She was walking around a corner, a towel in her hands, when she spotted Oliver trying to sneak down the hall and out of his bedroom. A faint smile quirked her mouth, and before the boy even knew what had happened she had scooped him up and carried him back into his room. Indignant or not, he was still not well enough after that excursion two days before.

"First lesson: be undetectable," she teased, giving him a light pinch on the nose before passing him a cookie she had snuck from the kitchens. She knew she had the advantage of becoming invisible, but there were other ways of going unnoticed that she knew quite well.

JessWrite likes this.