The Jumpers: Shadow Squad

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Love to Write, Mar 14, 2013.

1. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Eudoxia
    Level 2

Point Amount: 100

"So... where'd you come from shiny?"

Eudoxia heard the question that Aren had asked and he turned to Seven and said, "Yes, please answer the question Seven. If you have recollection of where you have come from, please enlighten us." Eudoxia would like to look up her planet and try to study it, and her. Seeing what type of lifeforms inhabit the planet. He studied the scan he got from Seven's body earlier.

"I admire your ingenuity, Eudoxia. That's wonderful you have made something of yourself considering your boring situation."

Eudoxia looked at Mythai and smiled, "Thank you, Myth. I would love to hear your story. If you're willing to share?"

2. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Mythai Dravid

"Thank you, Myth. I would love to hear your story. If you're willing to share?"

Mythai smiled back. She found it odd to be questioned when she was the one to usually pop questions. But it was kind of nice.

"I don't have that much of a story," Mythai said as she looked into his unique eyes. "I was an only child, born to two medic parents. I never really liked medicine or any kind of work with it. In fact, I hate germs and bacteria. But, on my seventeenth birthday my parents surprised me with a gift." She smirked. "Not the kind of gift, you'd imagine though. No, my surprise was that in a week I'd be a medic in training at UNSP. Been here ever since."

She left out many details on her three year experience and that she'd probably been the worst medic to step through the lab doors. She left out her frequent panic attacks, weak stomach, phobias, and other embarrassing episodes no one knew about. Probably none of the cadets could guess how she used to be, yet she was now one of few to go on a mission. All the worries, all the torture she'd experienced everyday had been worth it. And she was a better medic to prove it.

3. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Sevens hard question

"I am from a world of rust and sand. A world where the sun is merciless and the nights brutally cold, a world where all the humans on it are totally and utterly dead. I do not know my own origins, I first became autonomous while in some sort of high tech factory that has been running for perhaps centuries, I think it is this factory that created me, a machine called EVE. Of course what created the factory is anyones guess, as such my own origins are a mystery to me."

She suddenly looked a little sad.

"All I know is that I am based of homo sapiens, but all the homo sapiens of my world are extinct, the land is ruled by aggressively powerful and dangerous rogue A.I's, I sometimes wonder if perhaps they brought humanity to it's knee's and wiped thm out but, I really don't know. I had hoped that if I could find a living human they could tell me why I was created, I had hoped that humans may tell me for what reason I exist. But, it seems instead of finally give meaning to my life, they insist I do not live at all. It seems I am worse off then before, and if I had tears I would cry."

She looked up suddenly with a flash of hopefulness. "But maybe, quick tell me, for what reason were you created? And by whom? Maybe if I can find out why humans live I can find out the purpose to my existence. So what's the meaning of life and who gave it to you?" She asked the question so casually, this being fully believed they would be able to tell her, like how one would ask for directions.

4. TheLeonard112

Eudoxia
    Level 2

"Not the kind of gift, you'd imagine though. No, my surprise was that in a week I'd be a medic in training at UNSP. Been here ever since."
    "Wow they just stuck you here? Well I'm glad you're here, Myth. We'd fall without you. You're our medic, we love ya. As long as we're around no one will ever treat you like that. You're too important to us."

"But maybe, quick tell me, for what reason were you created? And by whom? Maybe if I can find out why humans live I can find out the purpose to my existence. So what's the meaning of life and who gave it to you?"

Eudoxia looked at Seven in disbelief and kinda felt bad for her. He walked over to her and put his hand on her shoulder. "Look, you are meant to be alive. You would not be alive if you weren't and yes. You are alive! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Not even the people who run this arrangement, or hell even me. And here is a reason you're here so you never have to question it again. You're here to be part of the Shadow Squad, our team mate, and good friend." He voice then became less inspirational and he said, "We have no idea why we were created or who by. Alot of people believe in a being that created us, there are entire books dedicated to these many beliefs." He looked into her eyes, "But though we don't know we make the best of our lives and we hope that we can become close to those around us, and even the one who made us. Even if we don't know who or what it is." Eudoxia may been a man of science and a man who didn't believe in many things, but he did believe in being a good friend, and cheering a sad person up. He could tell form the statement of her crying, she had emotions. He knew it.

5. Exzalia

Seven smiled. "Thank you, for acknowledging my existence. I am, very disappointed that not even you know where we came from, but at least I can say I have a friend. As for my purpose, I know it's out there somewhere and no it wasn't to join the shadow squad. I have nothing to do, and nothing to lose, so I will search for it, and I will find it, maybe I'll even find your purpose too?"

She looked around at everyone, "Well, people if we are going to be comrads I think I should learn your abilities and fighting styles so I can gauge how strong you all are. I think We should spare a little, any volunteers?"

6. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Adwaita

There was the sound of a hard-cover book slapping closed. It was Adwaita, jumping to her feet and smoothing out her swishy orange skirt. She was smiling at Seven and not even in a sarcastic way--it was a friendly smile. She knew she had to make amends for afronting the robo-thingy, even if it meant getting the thing she wanted in the beginning: sacking the hunk of metal in an all-out brawl. The Divine Beings seemed to be on Adwaita Morningjay's side this morning.

"Seven, if you really want to spare", Adwaita began, sauntering over to them, "I guess I have no choice but to oblige. If you're going to be here, you might as well learn a few tricks of the trade." Adwaita halted, a worried expression crossing her ebony face. "I was...rude...to you earlier. I don't like unfairness, never did. You being here, it seems unfair to me, unjust even. I'm sure you understand." Then her smile returned, this time more smug and cat-like than before. "But maybe you can prove that you do belong here. Shall we?"

Adwaita bowed to Seven and then swished back to the middle of the room, her gold bangles clacking with each bouncy step. She shook back her shiny black hair and put her hands together, palm to palm, over her chest and raised one leg like a flamingo. Her khopesh sword could be seen strapped to her leg. "Your move, C3PO", she joked, a playful grin stretching her lips.

7. TheLeonard112

Eudoxia
    Level 2

"Seven, if you really want to spare, I guess I have no choice but to oblige. If you're going to be here, you might as well learn a few tricks of the trade."

Eudoxia heard the idea and completely agreed with it. He would be delighted if these two would fight. Why? Because he wants to test Seven's strength and the more he knows about his team mates tactics the more he would know about how to help them or how to defeat them if it ever came down to it. Also he wants to see what tactics that Adwaita has under her belt. But he would be observing the fight very closely to figure out all the things he could. "You guys should definitely spare. It would be an amazing test of our skills, even to each other's combat. I'm sure we'll come across someone stronger than us. Might as well prepare now, by training as much as we can." He tucked his hands in his pockets and then used his Speed Chip to run into his room and back to the Rec Room in 15 seconds, and his room was a while away. He had with him a whole bunch (about 12)of clear little circles. He looked at Seven and said, "I want you to put these down your arms and legs. It will tell me how you move, how quick, and with how much force you attack. It would also read your pulse if you had one. Put four on each limb."

8. Exzalia

sparring match

"Okay flesh bag." Seven walked to the middle of the room. "I like how you talk about fairness, but you don't understand my situation at all. The only one who is being treated unfairly is me, in truth I'm being forced to fight with you against my will. How's that for unfair?"

Seven smiled. "You know what else is unfair, how badly your going to get whooped." Seven did something unexpected, she grabbed the couch, and flung it it at her like it was a dodge ball. Then she dashed forward clearly not knowing the word restraint.

Adwaita's dark eyes widened with shock, but she did not lose her composure. She simply said, "Levitate", and her body raised into the air. 10 energy. There was a disturbance in the air under her feet, a sort of hazy cloud that she was floating on. It was another one of her molecular abilities, vibrating the air and using it as a flying platform. She soared up and over the couch, out of the way of harm. "I didn't know you were being forced to fight here, Seven, that is unfortunate", Adwaita said calmly, as poised as anything. "But here's a lesson about being human: don't deal in absolutes, saying you're going to win. 'Cause I very well may take this fight..."

The couch hit the wall denting it, not that Seven cared. She changed tactics and began to glow with static charges, then the sheering sound of lightning ripped through the air, Seven a bolt of electricity shot at Adwaita. (uses 10% battery power, strong attack) But Adwaita was ready for this. Robot? Electric attacks? It was almost a given. So when Adwaita saw Seven start to glow menacingly, she flung out her hands, using her power of Remote Teleportation. 15 energy. The lightning bolt that was arcing toward Adwaita fizzled out into a shower of angry sparks--and reappeared behind Seven, zipping toward her back.

Seven was hit by her own lightning, but she simply reabsorbed it recouping her lost power this time she shot two bolts through it' fingers, then leapt forward, more like shot forward. (10% recharge in battery 20% power loss for two strong attacks)

"You can't evade for ever!" Seven said factually.

"You're correct, junk yard", Adwaita fired back. As Seven flew at her, Adwaita flung out her hands once more, finger's splayed: Freezing power. 10 energy. The android froze midflight, a fearsome expression on her face. Then Adwaita looked at the long, gleaming metal handles of the foos-ball table. They almost looked like spears. Adwaita smirked and reached out, as if she could grab the handle from her perch in the air. Using Remote Teleportation, Adwaita made one of the long handles vanish and reappear within her grasp. 15 energy. She yanked off the rubber ends and faced one end against Seven's metallic chest, bracing herself on the levitating haze cloud.

Time would un-freeze soon and Seven's momentum would send her hurtling forward and bang herself on Adwaita's "spear". Adwaita planted her feet firmly on her invisible platform and leaned forward into the attack. Peace of cake, Adwaita thought, even though a bead of sweat crawled down her temple to her chin. And then time un-froze.

Seven smashed into the fuse ball shaft, which unfortunately for Adwaita was made of metal and thus conducted the massive amount of electricity from Seven's body and sent it right through her, zapping her like a bug struck by lightning. Then the force of a three hundred pound hunk of metal launching it's self at 30 miles per hour sent both Seven and her sailing through the air. The force of their momentum carried them into the wall across the room. Adwaita kept hold of the metal shaft and it stabbed into the wall behind her. It wasn't made for combat, though, and Seven's body was made of a very tough metal, made for combat, so instead of piercing it dented Sevens chest plate while snapping in half from the sheer force of it all. When the loud banging ended Seven was on top of her looking slightly concerned.

"Are...you okay?" She asked hesitantly. "Perhaps using only a slightly sharpened metal object against an armored walking power plant wasn't the best of idea's." Seven said getting up, and extending her hand.

Adwaita groaned, rubbing her head. The bangles around her arms were steaming--her skin was burning. She looked. There were dark stripes seared into her smooth black skin, like tiger stripes. But the smell...the smell of burning skin... Adwaita had a flashback of waking up from her medicine induced coma, flinging out her hands in a panic and reducing the man she loved the most to a pile of ashes, to nothing. "It's all nothing", Adwaita said, shaking her head fiercely. She tried to push Seven off of her, but the android was too heavy and Seven didn't understand what she was doing. So Adwaita splayed her fingers and froze Seven, that concerned expression--the same one all the doctors wore at the hospital--stuck on her face. 10 energy.

Adwaita dragged herself to her feet, leaning on the wall, hugging herself. For a moment, she had the look of a traumatized animal, wounded deep where no one could see. You are not a wounded animal, Adwaita Morningjay. Adwaita could hear her Grandmother Zipporah's stern voice in her mind, her last living family member. You will rise again, baby, like a phoenix, however long it takes. You have that kind of inner strength. And when you do, I'll be so proud of you. Adwaita stood straight, even though the tips of her long hair was singed and her eyebrows were mostly burnt off. Even though she was sad. And she smiled. "Molecular Acceleration", she said, splaying her hands over the ground. 20 energy. The ground became fuzzy and Seven sunk in up to her chest, trapping both her arms and her legs. Even an android would have trouble breaking out of that. Time un-froze.

"You lose", Adwaita rasped in a dry voice, swaying on her feet. Then she turned and stumbled out of the Rec Room, casting a lazy smile at their comrades. The first Medic that saw her in the hall immediately steered her toward the hospital ward for medical attention. She didn't resist.

"I did not lose." Seven protested her arms folded, her face pouting. "I stopped attacking you because I thought I might kill you, if I had been more ruthless I would of, could of, done so many things while you were knocked silly. She turned to the others like a sour kid. "You saw it right? I had mercy, she didn't win anything, just a bit more lightning and I could kill her right there HUMPH!"

9. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Commander Tina Sharp

"I stopped attacking you because I thought I might kill you, if I had been more ruthless I would of, could of, done so many things while you were knocked silly. She turned to the others like a sour kid. "You saw it right? I had mercy, she didn't win anything, just a bit more lightning and I could kill her right there HUMPH!"

"And if you had killed her you'd be dead yourself right now." A stern female voice said. Commander Sharp had come into with the lieutenant right behind her, aiming his gun at Seven. She dismissed him with a wave of her hand and glared at Seven. The other cadets, recognizing a superior officer, immediately came to attention and saluted. "You are on a very short leash, Seven. Injuring a fellow squad mate does not inspire confidence."
    Tina looked around at the rest of Shadow Squad. She'd been studying their files on her way over here. Her eyes rested on Xin. A brief look of recognition and maybe sadness appeared in her eyes before her regular stern expression returned.

"Adwaitia will be back momentarily. Until then, at ease."

Mason relaxed and glanced over at Xin wondering what that look had been about.

---------------------------

Adwaitia returned with bandages on her wounds, which were already half healed thanks to med-gel. Everyone left the Rec-room and went into a briefing room down the hall. A scientist was already sitting at the table. He had large glasses, a lab coat and black hair that was neatly combed and gelled. But the most interesting thing about him was his smile, which became even wider when everyone came into the room. He stood up and nervously played with a metal ball in his hand. It had strange markings on it that no one had ever seen before.

"Hey everyone!" He exclaimed as the cadets took their seats. "I'm Max Leone a scientist here at UNSP. Congratulations on becoming Jumpers. You have to be really good to get this far." Max then looked over at the Commander as if looking for her que. She dimmed the lights in the room and nodded to him.

"Well, I...uh...I discovered this item at an archaeological dig site." He began waving the sphere in the air for everyone to see. "We were looking for the remains of our ancestors over 2,000 years ago. The ones who appeared on earth and are the reason we are as advanced as we are today." Max looked liked he was about to start a history lesson but the Commander held up a hand. "Just play the recording Max."

Wow...they're informal. Mason thought.

"Yes, right. The recording." Max pressed a button on the bottom of the sphere. The metal plating on the top slid back with a quiet scrape revealing a lens. The holo-image of a man popped up. His voice was quiet, sad. It seemed to lack any enthusiasm. “This is sphere one. There are a total of four spheres that will guide you to the weapon Freedom, should you need it. Without all four pieces of the key, you will not unlock Freedom. This is your first map-point to the second key: Travel to Lageria in the Centairus Galaxy. You will find the second key in the belly of the cannibal, whose hunger is never satisfied.”

The sphere blinked off, leaving Max smiling with pride.
    “Thanks, Max.” Tina said taking the sphere from his hand. “You can go now.”
    “What!? I was hoping I could, you know, come with you.” Max begged. He was the only one the cadets had seen argue with the commander.
    “Max.” Tina smiled at him like she would smile at a silly little kid. “You aren’t battle trained. You’re an scientist. You’d be dead in ten minutes…”
    “You could protect me!”
    “From the hiking.” Tina’s face showed she wasn’t budging on this.
    “You’re such a party killer, Sis. The biggest discover since the Torris and you aren’t even going to let me in on it.” Max said pushing the glasses further up the bridge of his nose. “Fine…but contact me the moment you…” He was cut off by Tina pushing him out the door and closing it behind him. She turned on the lights.

Mason had to keep from snickering. That quirky scientist was their Commander's brother. They didn't look a thing alike. She was Asian and he was American. One of them had to be adopted.

“The president has made this top priority and has chosen our team to go after this “weapon”. They don’t want any of the other races getting their hands on it. Don’t forget this is a top secret mission. If you talk about it to anyone you will be charged with treason, tried and executed. So keep your mouth shut.” The commander said in a no-nonsense tone. “Now, grab your gear and meet me in the departure room. We leave in 10 minutes.”

10. Exzalia

The president has made this top priority and has chosen our team to go after this “weapon”. They don’t want any of the other races getting their hands on it. Don’t forget this is a top secret mission. If you talk about it to anyone you will be charged with treason, tried and executed. So keep your mouth shut.” The commander said in a no-nonsense tone. “Now, grab your gear and meet me in the departure room. We leave in 10 minutes.”

Seven chuckled "Treason? Against whom? You?" Seven said rolling her eyes, it amazed her how they expected a complete stranger to pledge loyalty just like that, to someone she didn't know. But then she got more serious. "My research has shown me that human beings are not genetically different enough to be considered to have races or even a diffrent speiceis of one another. With only a 0.1 percent difference between your DNA and anyone elses the fact is there are no races on a genetic and logical level. So I ask, what races are you speaking of? Other non humans I presume?"

11. TheLeonard112

Eudoxia
    Level 2

Eudoxia was a little sad when he realized Seven began the fight before putting on the scanners he got from his room, but he didn't complain. Once Adwaita got up, he watched Seven and her interactions. He just sat and observed and chuckled the tiniest bit at their back and forth. He knew these two would be fun to watch. Though he was wondering when they would go out onto field. Are he was until their commander came in. His purple eyes set on her and he saluted. Once they met her brother, Max. He was interested. He liked Max, nice guy, scientist, all around good person. Though he was more interested on what Max was working on. Research on the humans of two thousand years ago? It got Eudoxia intrigued and made him want to know more but once his commander spoke, he hesitated to talk.

“This is sphere one. There are a total of four spheres that will guide you to the weapon Freedom, should you need it. Without all four pieces of the key, you will not unlock Freedom. This is your first map-point to the second key: Travel to Lageria in the Centairus Galaxy. You will find the second key in the belly of the cannibal, whose hunger is never satisfied.”

He looked up the planets on his clear tablet, scrolling through the information of the planets. He was to make sure he knew what was upcoming. He brushed through is light brown hair, and sighed. "This outta be fun." he said mumbling, while putting his tablet back into his pocket. I then walked into the Departure Room and stood against the wall, with everything I needed in my cargo pants pocket. And some other things in a holder. The holder was a metal sphere with a blue circle in the middle. Anything could fit in the circle as long as it was no bigger then a table put together. I had a few different things in there that I might use later. But all my weapons were in my pocket.

12. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Xin: 100%
    Level: 2

“The president has made this top priority and has chosen our team to go after this “weapon”. They don’t want any of the other races getting their hands on it. Don’t forget this is a top secret mission. If you talk about it to anyone you will be charged with treason, tried and executed. So keep your mouth shut.” The commander said in a no-nonsense tone. “Now, grab your gear and meet me in the departure room. We leave in 10 minutes.”

Xin nodded once, her eyes giving just the barest flicker in Tina's direction. Pity. She had seen pity in the woman's eyes. Mouth firming to a thin line, the girl stood straighter and her eyes grew cold before she strode over to the couch where she had laid her sword and belt when she had entered the room.

Strapping it on, then drawing the blade, Xin swiped at the air a few times to test its weight. She could not afford a damaged or weak weapon when she left.

Remembering her appointment with the doctor earlier, her face hardened and she decided then that she wouldn't wait for next week. She would get it now.

"Ma'am, I would like to ask permission for me to see Doctor Elowitz before I leave. I am due to have an appointment next week, but I would like to move that up to today." she said with a sharp, clear voice. Something about Tina made her puff up in defence, "I have been on campaign to alter my genetic makeup to better my skills, and this would be my last appointment for it."

13. Love to Write

"So I ask, what races are you speaking of? Other non humans I presume?" Seven asked haughtily.

"Your assumption is partially correct." The commander replied coolly. "There are, however, humans on other planets, so when I say other races I mean the other people on other planets. Specifically those who would mean us harm."

"This outta be fun." Though mumbled, Tina heard it clearly.
    "Missions aren't meant to be fun, Cadet Eudoxia." The commander corrected. "They are a duty to be fulfilled to the best of your ability."

"I have been on campaign to alter my genetic makeup to better my skills, and this would be my last appointment for it."

Tina looked over at Xin. "Yes, I know. I read about it in your file. It's a dangerous venture but well worth it if it works." She nodded. "You have ten minutes. Don't be late."

The commander looked over the rest of Shadow Squad. "Anyone have questions or comments before we commence? Now is the time to speak."

14. TheLeonard112

Eudoxia
    Level 2

"Anyone have questions or comments before we commence? Now is the time to speak."

"Are we allowed to take any substances, or minerals from the planets we are visiting?" Eudoxia asked with his hand in his pockets while looking at Tina with a look that implied he didn't like asking permission.

15. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Mythai Dravid

The commander looked over the rest of Shadow Squad. "Anyone have questions or comments before we commence? Now is the time to speak."

Mythai absentmindedly crossed her arms as she studied their commander. Like most officials of UNSP she had a hard exterior and an all-work-no-play attitude. Thinking back to the previous talk with the scientist to learn their mission, she had a thought.

"Ma'am, I have a question." Mythai said stepping up. When she met eyes with Commander Sharp, she wanted to recoil back to her spot, but her curiosity got the better of her. "The Scientist introduced himself, yet we have not gotten a complete introduction from you yet, Commander. You seem to know about us and if we are to be under your guidance, we should at least know more about you. What are your terms?"

16. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Adwaita

Adwaita was itching under her bandages, a side-effect that afflicted some people using med-gel. It took all of her self-control not to Freeze the whole room just os she could scratch herself all over like crazy. A nurse had also cut the ends of her long raven hair to get rid of the singed parts. It wasn't waist-length anymore, instead flowing down to her midsection. The tiger-stripe burns on her arms from her bangles were disappearing quickly, but they while they remained, they were a reminder to be more cautious. Next time (if there was a next time) Adwaita knew she could beat Seven, one on one.

Speaking of Seven, the android was talking mess about how humans werne't genetically different. "I guess she wasn't programmed with manners", Adwaita grumbled. How could a super smart A.I. droid not know when she was being plain rude? Her talents were definitely on the battlefield, not with communications. For a while in the Medic's office, Adwaita had pondered whether she should keep trying to be Seven's friend. Finally, she had burst out laughing, yelling, "Why do I even care?!" The doctor thought she was going loopy, but she had just had an epiphany. The android didn't need to like her--the mission was what was important.

So Adwaita listened as Commander Tina rattled off there mission and answered questions. "I'll rock her socks", Adwaita whispered to herself, grinning her smug cat-grin. She couldn't wait to prove herself more important than that junk yard robot. Humans could be impressive, too.

17. Love to Write

"Are we allowed to take any substances, or minerals from the planets we are visiting?"

"This is not an exploration mission. The retreival of the weapon is our top priority. So in short, no."

"The Scientist introduced himself, yet we have not gotten a complete introduction from you yet, Commander. You seem to know about us and if we are to be under your guidance, we should at least know more about you. What are your terms?"

"My terms, as you put it Ms. Dravids, is that you obey your orders without question. If you do that you might survive your first off-world mission." The commander replied, seeming a bit put-off by the question. "The only thing you need to know about me is that I am Commander Sharp, your supieror officer. I've been with UNSP for the past 13 years so I know what I'm doing."

Tina sighed. This group was going to be difficult. They were the best of this current group of cadets but she wasn't convinced. They lacked the comradity of squads before them. That was the problem of re-arranging squads near the end of the training. They need to go through hell together. Only then will they truly be able to stand on their own two feet as a jumper squad and be able to survive whatever circumstance. No matter what it takes, I'll make sure that happens.

The Commander clasped her hands behind her back and turned to leave the briefing room. "We meet in 8 minutes. If you're not there...you will be dropped from the squad." With that, she left.

18. Keitsumah

Xin

Xin nodded and left via the side door, dissapearing down the halls as if she were a ghost. The back of her neck prickled, and though she knew that her files would be examined by her superiors, that was the one thing she didn't like. It made them get into her personal business. Personal business was her own thing to deal with. No one else's!

Doctor Elowitz looked up sharply when she entered his office, "Xin? I thought I told you that your-"

"I want it now. I'm going to be leaving to a new planet in a few minutes and any new abilities will have to come along with me. I can't afford to leave something behind that may save my life." the response was immediate, and the doctor started, staring at her as if she had grown a second head.

"Uh . . . okay. But are you sure you want to do this?" he asked, pulling a syringe out of his pocket and causing Xin's mouth to quirk. Apparently he had suspected she would come early.

"Yes, Doctor." she replied cooly. Her voice hinted at the words that she didn't say: I don't have anything to lose anyways.

Elowitz sighed and looked at her again, then stepped forward and stabbed the needle into her arm.

Fire filled her veins and Xin struggled not to show any hint of pain, but it was agonizing. It took every ounce of will just to keep from flinching. Then, when he finally pulled it out, she tugged her sleeve back into place, nodded once, then trudged out the door.

When she returned to the Rec room, her eyes were faintly glazed with pain, though she showed no other sign of it. Two doses in one day, and these had been the last. A very dangerous venture indeed to have that much of the gene-fluid in her veins. With how rarely people survived it, her life expectancy had just dropped tenfold.

Collapsing on the couch, she swiped at her forehead and sighed, keeping her gaze from meeting that of Tina's.

"I'm not going to hold up anyone just so you know. I'm fine." she muttered.

19. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Adwaita

Adwaita nodded in response Commander Tina's ultimatum. Being late to their rendezvous meant being kicked off the squad. It crossed Adwaita's mind to Freeze that irritating android and lock her in a closet to make her late, but she quickly rejected that line of thinking. She wanted to win fair and square, through clean, healthy competition.

On her way out of the conference room, Adwaita passed Seven and said, her smug cat-grin in place, "Game on, Junk Yard. May the best person win..." The emphasis on the word 'person' was very clear. The petite dark-skinned woman was gone in a swish of her colorful skirt.

Once she had suited up and checked in with a Medic (her injuries were fully regenerated), Adwaita flounced into the Rec Room looking fresh-faced and energized. Her long black hair was braided into a complicated knot at the back of her head, making her striking cheekbones and her thick nose-ring all the more noticeable. Her large dark eyes were artfully smeared with black kohl to add an element of drama and seduction to her look. She was a Jumper, but that didn't mean she wasn't a woman. But behind it all, she had a hollow feeling in her chest that ached like anything, and it wasn't from her sparring session with the android. Try as she might, she couldn't get the memory of her father turning to ashes out of her mind...

Adwaita was so wrapped up in her thoughts, she almost didn't see Xin sitting on the sofa before she sat right on top of her. "Oh, oops", Adwaita said. "Sorry. I'm a little..." Preoccupied? Down-in-the-dumps? Heartbroken? No word seemed to fit quite right. "You look really tired", Adwaita blurted instead of finishing her sentence. Then she awkwardly tried to scoot further away down the couch.

20. Exzalia

Sevens bitterness

Game on, Junk Yard. May the best person win..."

Seven frowned at her comment but said nothing back, though she didn't show it. Their words hurt, like knife wounds save these ones didn't heal. She repeated them bitterly to herself.

"Machine, android, junkyard, robot, A.I...object, thing, it. That's all I am to them. Just a curious defect to be studied and disposed of when they see fit." She caressed her arms like one would on a lonely winter night. Soothing herself against the chill.

"These humans are cruel..." She muttered. After a moment of sulking Seven put on a brave face and went to the appointed area. She had made up her mind. "I have to get out of here, I just need to play along a bit longer once I hack and disable the bombs and emp's inside me I'll bail." She nodded to her self, then entered the room.

"Like I give a chip about some mystic weapon." She scoffed, "Lets get this over with."

21. Love to Write

Shadow Squad: The Departure

The team met in the departure room. It looked like a small warehouse. First the group went through a security checkpoint to confirm everyone was who they said they were. It took a little extra time to get Seven through. Next they underwent an intense screening process of all their equipment, especially Mythai's as they had to check her medicine thoroughly to make sure she wasn't bringing anything that could harm friendly non-earthlings. Next they went through a 4 minute decatamination (Mythai's favorite part); to ensure no viruses or diseases would be passed on to the next planet.

Finally, half an hour later, they made it through to the departure platform where they were handed their own Torris. The Torris was a little larger than a cellphone and was worn on the wrist. Secured by two metallic clasps. Though the cadets had used short range ones in training, they had never had a Torris of their own. Each one was synchronized to their particular DNA. Seven was the only one who didn't receive one as her body had a built in one.

The Commander opened her Torris. "Enter the planet number 001, Hillmar." She ordered, then she looked at Seven. "Don't forget, if you get more than 25 miles away from me the chips will self-destruct. So don't think about trying to jump to a different planet." Finally the Commander looked around at her squad.
    "Shadow Squad. Activate Torris in 3...2...1...Jump." A portal opened up in front of each cadet and they stepped through.

22. Love to Write

Chapter Two: Off World

The cadets stepped through their portals, finding themselves at the edge of a small forest. Mason looked to his right and noticed he couldn't see land any further in that direction. He walked over to the edge expecting to see a cliff face but only saw open air. Then, in the distance, another piece of land…floating in midair.

“Are we…standing on floating land?” He asked almost afraid to move for fear of the floating island dropping.
    “Yes, we are.” Tina laughed at the cadet’s worried face. Her normal stern expression much more relaxed as if she more at ease here than on earth. “Don’t worry. We’re perfectly safe. I’ve been here hundreds of times the past 14 years. No island has ever fallen. This is, by far, my favorite planet, as are the people.

Mason searched his memory for what he'd learned about Hillmar. Home of the Jurians. A group of people who knew mixed martial arts and had given earth the version they knew today. It was practically a planet of ninjas. And somehow...he'd forgotten the tiny detail about this planet having floating land.

“You like 'em cause they're ninjas?” Mason asked. The Commander smiled.

“Partially. But don’t call them that. The Jurians are offended by our version of ninjas. Those that practice martial arts here are known as the Hillmar Warriors. Alright Shadow Squad. Enough gawking. Move out!”

Commander Sharp guided them onto a well-worn path and after a few minutes of easy hiking came out of the forest. They stood on a hill overlooking a valley. It was pretty, but the Commander was acting like it was important somehow.

“Why are we stopping?” Someone asked.

“That’s the village there.” The Commander said pointing at the seemingly empty valley.

“I don’t see…oh.” Mason suddenly spotted a round roof, covered in leaves. It was practically camouflaged into the valley. Once he spotted one he was able to see dozens upon dozens of other similar houses hidden the exact same way. The cadets didn't have much time to admire the ingenuity of the hidden village before Tina was off again leading them down the hill and towards the Jurian village.

As they walked the commander gave the cadets a brief overview of the planet. “The Jurians who live here guard the jump point from the Milky Way galaxy to the Centairus Galaxy. They are a good people, with strong morals and values. Their world is a safe haven for many of the aliens fleeing the oppression of the Zallins. Without the Jurian's willingness to let us pass through here and use their planet as a jump base…we’d never be able to get to the Centairus galaxy.”

That's right. Mason thought. Our Torris' has a limited range, as large as it may be. Hillmar is the only planet close enough to allow us to jump over to a new galaxy.

"I know were on a mission..." Mason said quietly to his fellow squadmates. "But this is so cool! Floating land, ninjas...can you imagine what's out there...just waiting to be explored?"

23. Exzalia

“The Jurians who live here guard the jump point from the Milky Way galaxy to the Centairus Galaxy. They are a good people, with strong morals and values. Their world is a safe haven for many of the aliens fleeing the oppression of the Zallins. Without the Jurian's willingness to let us pass through here and use their planet as a jump base…we’d never be able to get to the Centairus galaxy.”

"Think they would help a poor android fleeing the oppression of humans?" Seven sassed, "Hmph!" Despite her, attitude she did indeed think this place very beautiful and strange. so much life! Nothing like her own dead world, she began scanning everything.

"255213 different life forms in this forest alone, about 0.2% of that being human life. still that is a fair group of them about 51042 rounding down, judging by the islands I estimate they float due to magnetic forces. Truly fascinating stuff. Oh and there is a 30% chance of rain, just letting you know."

24. TheLeonard112

Eudoxia
    Level 2

“The Jurians who live here guard the jump point from the Milky Way galaxy to the Centairus Galaxy. They are a good people, with strong morals and values. Their world is a safe haven for many of the aliens fleeing the oppression of the Zallins. Without the Jurian's willingness to let us pass through here and use their planet as a jump base…we’d never be able to get to the Centairus galaxy.”

After they departed, Eudoxia was some what worried of how the team would interact. He knew Adwaita and Seven weren't gonna get along, and Mythai seemed to be worried about how they were interacting also. His hands slipped into his pockets hearing his commander speak though, he already knew everything about these people. He had this planet in his records and didn't need a briefing on it. The planet was interesting, non the less. He then did a squat and got close to the ground. He dug his middle and index finger into the dirt, first he scanned it. He then threw it in the air to see if it would float, it did but for a short amount of time. "Huh." he said.

"Think they would help a poor android fleeing the oppression of humans?"

Eudoxia cringed at the words. He knew Seven and Adwaita weren't the best of pals. But, it made them seem like they wanted to kill each other. Adwaita, in the little time she's known her, has grown an obsession for Seven. More than himself. Though he also hated that Seven felt like she wasn't part of the team, he didn't want anyone to feel unequal. He stood himself back up and walked over to Seven. "He look, Seven. I'm sorry if I was rude before, trying to test you and all. I want us all to feel like a team. Okay?" He put out his hand and extending his arm for a handshake. He thought this would be the first time she would physically greet a person, so he thought she might appreciate some human interaction, as she felt like an object. Or at least she did when we spoke to her.

25. Keitsumah

Xin: 100%
    Level: 2

At the mention of the people of this planet being "ninjas" Xin perked up a bit, stopping herself from rubbing at the place where she had been injected. Already she was curious about these people.

"Hillmar warriors . . ." she breathed, her brows coming together, "How did they come about being called that? I'd doubt they'd like to be known as 'those who damage hills'." Xin looked at Adwaita as if for guidance and shrugged, the sheath of her sword banging comfortably against her leg as she moved.

Noticing Eudoxia fiddling around with the earth and making it float, she bunched her legs under her and sprang straight up. Her body being more physically capable than that of her comrade's due to her training, she went roughly twenty feet up when her normal height would have been about five to six feet on earth.

"Whoa!" before she could stop herself she was laughing, a wide smile splitting her face. Turning, she kicked off from a tree and flew over everyone's heads before landing again. She bounced two feet in the air several times on her heels, giddy as a kid.

"Come on! You gotta try this!" she yelled, waving. She knew they would still be going on their mission, but why not make it a bit less.... intimidating to be on a new planet?