The Jumpers: Shadow Squad

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Love to Write, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Mason took the initiative this time. The moment he caught sight of warrior 1 he used biotic pull to yank the warrior from the branches and into the trunk of another tree.
    Despite the obvious fact they were being attacked by Hillmar Warriors...something didn't sit right with Mason. The more he thought about it, the more he began to put the pieces together, coming to a logical conclusion. "Don't kill them!" He suddenly ordered. "Just knock them out. That means you too, Seven!" He was certain there would be drastic consequences if they killed these warriors. They had to make sure not to kill them.

Eudoxia's attack flew true. The warrior flew into air, landing in tree branches nearly 100 feet away. But not before she had managed to jab her wooden sword into his gut. Not enough to do permanent damage or draw blood, but enough to knock the wind out of him.
    It was nearly a full minute before she lept out from the branches. This time she dropped and slid along the ground when she close and swun her sword at his shins.

Warrior 5 was frozen in place unable to move as Adwaita's dulled sword pummeled his stomach. When time began again for him. His face scrunched in pain and he collapsed to a knee, gasping for breath. He only took a second before jumping into the trees once again.
    Suddenly a bag of sulfur popped open at Adwaita's feet surrounding her in putrid smelling ash and making her gasp for fresh air. While she was coughing, he attacked again. This time from the side.

The android's speed was incredible. The two warriors were thrown completely off balance. The warrior with the net managed to roll out of the way of Seven but Warrior 3 had no time to move. Before Seven's body made contact, she suddenly felt her body inexplicably shift. She landed on the warrior, but which much less weight than she had intended. Still it was enough to take the Warrior out of commission.
    The warrior with the net took Seven's imbalance as an opportunity. He threw the metal net over her feet. The more she struggled, the more tangled up she'd be. The metal was made from a special substance called Titanium. It was next to impossible to break, even for one as strong as Seven. Perhaps it had a weakness though.
    While Seven's legs were trapped the warrior took the opportunity to jab her leg joint. Then he aimed for her right arm.

2. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Eudoxia
    Level 2
    100%

Point Amount: 100

After being blown back a couple of feet Eudoxia ripped the sword out of his chest and threw it on the ground. He felt bad for hitting the girl. He was not used to fighting girls. He put his glove back and pulled out his Digital Sword. His eyes looked around for where the girl could have landed. He was somewhat uneasy. Because, as said before she was a girl, and she was a ninja. So, her being unseen was a big problem. His Digital Sword was as ready as his glove was to be revealed. He was tired, the wind had been knocked out of him and he wasn't up to key. He was slow, so he used his Speed Enhancement Chip, but since he was slow, it took him to his regular speed. She swooped past him on the ground. He stopped the slice from cutting his shins, but the impact still hit them, he was brought to his knees. Down to 90% He stuck his sword in the ground and got up. He had to pull out the attack he should have pulled out in the begging. All his MicroBots stormed out of his pocket and formed a circle formation above his head.

3. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

90% life

Seven caught the blade in her metal hand and yanked him forward, causing him to fall on top of her. But he never fully landed because the android caught him by the neck, and begin to squeeze, her fingers curling like a dull bolt cutter. The raspy sounds of a creature struggling to breath joined the brutal sounds of battle.

Holding his neck steady she threw a crushing blow at his face with her other hand.

(Energy used for squeezing 2% for punching 5%)

4. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Adwaita

Adwaita coughed and waved her hands in front of her face to clear the smoke. She had dropped her khopesh somewhere to fan away the nauseous fumes. Get it together, Adwaita! He's gonna attack any moment now!, she yelled at herself mentally. And then she sensed Warrior 5 charging at her. Adwaita randomly threw out her hands, twice, using Freezing power in two directions. 10+10 energy used. The cloud of gas froze in the air, as did Warrior 5, who Adwaita had Frozen in mid-step. "Thank my luck stars!", Adwaita said, leaping out of the gas cloud and gulping clean air into her lungs. She found her khopesh and picked it up.

"This time, you won't get up", Adwaita said with steel in her voice. She gripped the gold-and-black hilt with both hands, yelled a battle cry and thrust her sword at Warrior 5's gut.

5. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Mythai Dravid

Not one to attack without a plan in mind, Mythai dodged (more like ran) through the chaos with a warrior on her heels. Some would see her as a coward, but she was indeed the exact opposite. She needed more time and this was the only way to get it. Stall with a chase.

Stun grenade in hand, Mythai rounded a tree, taking a look behind.

"This is probably highly unprofessional, but do I care?" Mythai muttered. "Not if it will save my life."

Without looking she tossed the grenade over her shoulder like one would after spilling salt. Not caring to see if her attack hit, she kept going and grabbed another grenade in its place.

"All of those days on the treadmill sure paid off..."

6. Love to Write

Eudoxia's MicroBots stormed out of his pocket and formed a circle formation above his head. Warrior 2 suddenly found herself being chased by a bunch of flying metal things shooting lasers at her. She yelped and ran in the opposite direction while trying to figure out what to do. Suddenly a stun grenade exploded at her feet, knocking her to the ground.
    A moment later she recovered and swung her sword at the MicroBots shooting at her. Two fell to the ground, cut in half. She then caught sight of Mythai with another grenade. She jumped towards the girl. The closer she was the more danger Mythai was in of tossing her grenade close range. She threw a fist at Mythai's jaw.

Warrior 4 found himself caught in Seven's grip. She sent a punishing blow into his face and looked like she was about to send another. He pulled out a dagger slid the blade into a crevice into her arm. Her hold faltered and he managed to get out of her grasp. Coughing, he jumped into the trees to recover.

Warrior 1 who had been originally attacking Mason, saw his companion frozen by Adwaita who was charging towards him. He ran from his fight with Mason and tackled Adwaita into the ground, jabbing a nerve in her neck with a finger. Then he jumped in front of warrior 5 who was still frozen. Warrior 1 held out his wooden sword as if daring anyone to try and get past him.

Mason ran over to where Seven was caught in the net. He recognized the metal as titanium. It's only weakness, fire or extreme heat. "Adwaita! Come over here and heat up this metal till it breaks. I'll take care of that warrior."
    Mason switched places with Adwaita and sent an biotic energy pulse towards Warrior 1 and warrior 5.

7. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Adwaita

"Adwaita! Come over here and heat up this metal till it breaks. I'll take care of that warrior."

Adwaita looked up, her large charcoal eyes wild. If her hair wasn't in a complicated knot at the back of her head, it would probably be frayed around her head like a lion's mane to match her attitude. As Mason took over her fight, Adwaita almost tried to stab Mason, but she held back at the last moment. Her dilated pupils shrunk to normal size and the heat left her body, making her feel cold by comparison.

"Sure...I'll heat it up, as you say", Adwaita mumbled, stepping away. It took her a second to calm down and collect her wits. She shook her head to clear it, and said in a stronger voice, "And I didn't need any help, just so y'know!" Then she was off, sprinting for the titanium and sheathing her sword in a one fluid, practiced movement. Aiming her hands right at it, she splayed her fingers so wide it hurt. Combustion! 30 energy.

8. Exzalia

"Seven scrambled from the chains and yanked the blades from her joints. She shot Adwaita a angry glance. "Would you mind being more careful? Like really are you trying to damage me more than I already I'm?"

She brushed past Adwaita with out even a thank you and ran after the ninja fleeing up a tree. "I'm going to disassemble you!"

9. TheLeonard112

Eudoxia
    Level 2

Point Amount: 100

Eudoxia realizes that these ninja are using their cover to their advantage too much. "Everyone, we need to get them to an open space! They are using the forest against us!" Eudoxia shouted hoping his team mates would here.He then became evry pissed when the warrior went after Mythai. He was angry that the ninja let him, sliced two of his MicroBots, and went after Myth. "Don't fuck with me!" Eudoxia yelled angrily. His light brown hair stood on end, and his purple eyes widened. He used his Speed Enhancement, and Strength Enhancement to run after Warrior 2. Right as she was gonna punch Myth, he caught up to her and attempted to stick her in the stomach. Not enough to kill her but stun her to the point Myth could heal here to walk again. His other seven MicroBots followed him, by they were idle.

10. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Xin: 100%
    Level: 2

Xin had immediately ducked and hidden as the fight began, waiting for an advantageous moment to springout and attack. Then she spied Warriors 5 and 1, the first one unable to defend themselvef and the other aiming to defend them.

Never go on the defensive. she thought, then pounced at warrior 1, drawing her sword and slashing at the Hillmar Warrior's wooden blade.

Movement detected. Heartrate inceasing, extravehicular movement taking portence. Changing bloodflow to inner body functions. Muscle armor loading . . . the nanobots bleeped, and Xin could feel her body changing subtly, and her grim look went to one of utter focus and no defense as she attacked with the vicious tenacity of a striking viper.

11. Love to Write

"Everyone, we need to get them to an open space! They are using the forest against us!" Eudoxia yelled before landing a punishing blow on Warrior 2.

Seconds later Warrior 1 found himself retreating from the ferocity of Xin's attacks. Several of her blows made contact.

"You heard Eudoxia!" Mason yelled. "Move towards the plain! Go, go, go!"
    Mason and the rest of Shadow Squad ran out onto the field. When they got to the middle he immediately knelt down and pulled out his gun. Those warriors had no where to hide now.

A minute passed, then two. As if the warriors weren't sure what to do now that their victims were out in the open. Then they attacked, 4 from each side. Warrior 1 went after Xin. Warrior 2 after Eudoxia. Though it was obvious she was tired and in pain, a look of determination was on her face. Warrior 4 went after Seven and Warrior 5 after Adwaita.

One last push, these warriors were going to give it all they got. They started by throwing bags of chocking dust at Shadow Squad then swinging at them with their swords.

12. Exzalia

70% life

"Like I give a damn about your dust bags!" Seven charged at her assailant blocking the sword strike with her arm and kicking low aiming for his knee joint, followed up by a takedown! She had the strength advantage and if they continued to fight her close up she was sure as hell going to use it.

(Low kick 15 enregy, no battery power used)

13. Keitsumah

Xin: 90%
    level: 2

Enemy located. Scanning . . . the nanobots bleeped, and Xin ducked below the warior's blade as it swished past her head, bringing up her own to block. She dared not take her attention off of them, but couldn't help but notice the faint green lines crossing her eyes and forming an "x" around the outline of the Hillmar warrior. despite the dust clouding aroudn them, she seemed able to see clearly, and noticed that tears were pouring down her cheeks -somehow the nanobots were keepign her vision clear by making her cry in order to wash away the dust.

Muscle armor completed. Reducing upper body oxygen content and diverting excess oxygen to lower body movement. Slowing oxygen intake and increasing trachular defenses. Xin knew immediately what that meant, and dropped her sword. The warrior stumbled forwards from the unexpected release, and the girl dashed up from beneath, sending out punishing kicks at the hillmar's stomach and knees. The whole time she held her breath as pain lanced through her body, her throat burning as it contracted to keep out the dust she breathed in.

"You should know better than to challenge someone who has the same skills as you, and whom you have never come across. Plus -attacking without warning is what I'm trained to fight against, so don't expect me to run." she growled.

14. TheLeonard112

Eudoxia
    Level 2
    80%

Point Amount: 110

Eudoxia was getting close to being in trouble. He jumped off tree after tree using his Speed Enhancement and putting the Strength of his Strength Enhancement in his legs. With every pounce, crack were left in the trees he had jumped off of, the more he used it, the more he was gonna tire himself out. He used all his strength in one last jump, he cracked the tree he jumped off of straight in half and he flew towards the open area, that was about twenty yards away. Once in the area, he let himself tumble on the ground and he got up. He was tired but his nine MicroBots, minus the two that had been destroyed, had followed him. He was surprised that she could destroy his MicroBots, he thought he made them stronger. One he got up the formed an oval that was behind him, it was from his head to legs. He looked at Warrior Two and saw she was bleeding heavily. His purple eyes looked at her deeply with compassion, he spoke to her "Let me help you.." he said walking to her slowly, taking a foot away from the ten feet apart they were. His MicroBots followed him slowly, they were ready to attack on instant if they noticed any vicious behavior.

15. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Adwaita

Adwaita eyed Warrior 5 as he came at her. Mason had shot him with a biotic energy beam and she had stabbed his gut, not to mention the stab she'd given him earlier. He was barely able to stand on his feet from all those wounds. "Sorry, I don't have time for you", Adwaita told him. Then she kicked dirt in his face and threw her khopesh. It spun blade over hilt in a bronze-and-silver blur, heading for the centre of his chest.

As she waited to see the outcome of her bold move, Adwaita spared a brief glance in Xin's direction. The girl was a fighting machine, pummeling her opponent. "I'll just help her out a bit", Adwaita said, splaying her hand out in the direction of Xin's attacker. She Froze Warrior 1. 10 points.

16. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Mythai Dravid

Mythai kept up her previous pace, running with the others to the open field. She didn't particularly like the fact that there were no trees, but to defeat these warriors they'd have to sacrifice dependence too.

Plucking a few more needles from her bag, Mythai readied herself to throw them at the second Warrior to finish her off. But that's when she noticed Eudoxia walk closer to the warrior. Was he going for the kill? Keeping an eye on her back, Mythai crept over to where Eudoxia was.

"Let me help you..,"

Mythai's mouth dropped open. She helped people when she could, but this girl had just tried to smack her in the face! Quickly she regained her composure.

"What do you think you're doing, Euxodia?" Mythai asked. With her aim still on the girl, her dark eyes stared into her allies' purple ones.

17. TheLeonard112

Eudoxia
    Level 2
    80%

Eudoxia heard his comrade speak to him.

"What do you think you're doing, Euxodia?"

Eudoxia looked at Myth, while still having his MicroBots aimed at the warrior, just in case she tried to pull something. Eudoxia looked at Myth and said, "Don't you get it. These people are forced to be this way, they grow up in the culture of how their people live. they have no choice. Why shouldn't I give her a chance? I mean, I'm not gonna kill her. And if I let her go, she might as well be let go as a dove instead of a crow." He then looked back at the girl, taking another step closer. "You can change, please just try. There is a much better way to live this life than killing people for a living. Does it never get to you? You have had to think of not doing it, right?" Eudoxia was just trying anything, so he would have to kill this girl. She was weak, he did not want to have to end her. His purple eyes searched her eyes, to find some humanity. Something, some emotions, he compared her's to Seven's. He wanted to see if she had as much humanity as the android that he met, that no one had any hope for. He searched her eyes deeply.

18. Love to Write

Seven charged at her assailant blocking the sword strike with her arm and kicking low aiming for his knee joint, followed up by a takedown!
    Warrior 4 didn't stand a chance. The blocks knocked him down...and he didn't try to get back up.

Warrior 1 was also quickly defeated by Xin, and the hilt of Adwaita's sword knocked the air out of Warrior five. He collapsed to a knee holding his bruised chest. With no trees to jump into, he had nowhere to hide and recover. Mason hit on the head with the butt of rifle knocking him to the ground as well.

Eudoxia purple eyes looked at Warrior deeply with compassion, he spoke to her "Let me help you.." he said walking to her slowly, taking a foot away from the ten feet apart they were.
    "What do you think you're doing, Euxodia?" Mythai asked.
    "You can change, please just try. There is a much better way to live this life than killing people for a living. Does it never get to you? You have had to think of not doing it, right?" Eudoxia continued.

The warrior laughed. "You're an idiot. I am your enemy. You should be attacking while the rest of your companions are fighting. You could have gotten them killed by showing me mercy." She said. "If I was a real enemy, you'd be dead right now because you let your guard down."

A sharp whistle suddenly sounded from the edge of the forest, and the girl lowered her weapon; obviously angry that she and her companions had lost. Orin and the Commander came out of the foliage and onto the field followed by a Lieutenant from earth. In fact it was the same one that had been posted outside the rec room. When they were only a few feet away the commander crossed her arms and looked at Shadow Squad, a proud look on her face.

"Told you they'd beat them." Tina finally said, after a long silence. "Your warriors are indeed good, but as you can see Shadow Squad has more at their disposal then swords and speed."
    Orin nodded with disappointment but smiled anyway. "Good choice to bring the mind user along. Your metal companion would have crushed Arrandin if he hadn't interfered."
    "Yes. I was worried that something like that may happen." Tina looked at Seven, not with disdain as she had earlier, but with a new sense of respect. The android would come in to be very helpful to the team. Though whether or not it was alive was still to be determined. Medics from earth and the Hillmar village came out of the forest and helped the defeated warriors back to the village. One medic stayed however to heal up Shadow Squad so Mythai wouldn't have to use her medicine.

Before Warrior Two left she bowed to Eudoxia. "I still think you're stupid. But you have a nice heart. Maybe too nice." That was as much of a thankyou as Eudoxia was going to get before she disappeared into the forest with the others.

"Wait a minute!" Mason exclaimed wiping the sweat from his forehead. "So this whole battle...was really an exercise?"
    "In a sense." Tina replied. "Orin wanted to see how his students would fair against warriors from earth and I wanted to see what UNSP's finest cadets were capable of in real battle. I have to admit, you exceeded my expectations." She looked over Shadow Squad then back at Mason. "I'm assuming from the order you gave earlier you had already figured out this was a mock battle. What tipped you off?"

This is test. I know it. Mason thought as he swallowed down a lump in his throat. "I...uh...well the first thing was that they were using wooden swords and weren't going for killing blows. The second was that everyone's gear was mock battle stuff. Even the swords had been dulled. I guess you switched out our gear while we were in the rec room."

The Commander nodded. "Very good. One of the first rules of a leader is to be observant of these types of things." Tina suddenly set her hands on her hips. "You'll find your real weapons with the lieutenant there. Then you'll have a 10 minute break before we're off again." She turned to Orin and looked as if she were about to continue in her conversation with him. But before she did, the Commander looked over her shoulder and said, "Well done, Shadow Squad. You passed the true final test."

19. Exzalia

"Well done, Shadow Squad. You passed the true final test."

"whoopty fucking do, I pass a test I never wanted to take, and now I have to spend the rest of my day repairing myself. Ya...thanks for wasting my energy, thanks a lot." She gave the ninja who attacked her a small but spiteful shock and stormed off back to the woods.

"Stupid humans." She mumbled.

20. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Adwaita

"Hold it right there, Seven!", Adwaita yelled as she bent to retrieve her khopesh. She sprinted over to the android and stood in her way. Her arms were crossed and her dark eyes glowered. She was petite, but when she got like this she managed to seem eight feet tall. "You can't keep being a moody clunk of metal, R2-D2. You've been snapping at everyone all day, I bet you haven't even considered the possibility that if you asked, I could probably help with your problem. Eudoxia's the technician, but I can Freeze your little bombs or whatever so he can dismantle them before the explode. Did you think of that, huh?" She angrily reached behind her head and yanked down her hair, dark waves tumbling over her shoulders.

"And why would I help you, you might ask?", Adwaita continued, working herself up to a full-blown rant. "Because I don't hate you, contrary to whatever you might in that computer brain of yours! I only fought you in the Rec Room because you asked and I wanted to make peace with you somehow. And what I said about you being a Junk Yard? I was trying to bond with you by teasing. Why don't you download a CLUE once in a while, because you're pretty clueless!" Adwaita smacked her own forehead and stomped off, kicking up dust as she went. She said over her shoulder, "When we get back to base, get Eudoxia and bring him to my room and we can remove your bombs. Then you can go on your way or whatever you want to do. 'Kay?" Then she traipsed away.

21. Keitsumah

Xin:
    Level: 2

"Well done, Shadow Squad. You passed the true final test."

Xin looked disdainfully at Tina and Orin, then sheathed her sword that had embedded itself in the ground several feet away, "Hope your students learned something, considering I'm as close to fighting your way as an 'earthling' can get." she grumbled, then winced. Her hand went up to her chest and her face looked pained for a moment:

Withdrawing all units to peaceful mode. Threat no longer detected.

"Gah -experimental my butt these things seem to know just how to get under my skin." she hissed, though the joke passed her by completely as they literally were under her skin.

"When we get back to base, get Eudoxia and bring him to my room and we can remove your bombs. Then you can go on your way or whatever you want to do. 'Kay?"
    Adwaita's words borught Xin's head around, and the girl's eyes narrowed. She knew she might no have been supposed to hear that -but the nanobots had advanced her hearing as well as her other senses.

"Adwaita . . ." she warned, giving the cadet a knowing look. If they removed the bombs from the android who knew what it would do?

22. TheLeonard112

Eudoxia
    Level 2

Eudoxia was a little glad he wouldn't have to kill anyone, but he was also a little ticked. It seemed they had forgotten he had his MicroBots on her the entire time, a single wrong move and she would have been blasted to the point she would be paralyzed, for a while. He did not let it get too deep in his skin though. His eyes wandered over to the forest that Warrior Two had disappeared into. He felt his chest almost a little worried he might drag the team oput, even if he had shot her with the lasers, he would have never killed her. He then looked at Seven, he almost had doubt, but he still decided that he would help her. His MicroBots flew back into his pockets, and he sighed. He felt that his purple eyes had turned black, no longer meant to do great things. But, dull, lifeless, no purpose. He wondered, if he would be of more help or hurt to this 'team'.

23. TheLeonard112

(Double Post)

24. Love to Write

Chapter Two: Lageria

Shadow Squad's brief reprieve was over all too soon. The commander led them to the Jump-site and told them the coordinates for Lageria; the next planet they would be going to and the first one out of the Milky Way Galaxy.
    "Next stop, Centairus Galaxy." Mason said with a wry smile then stepped through his portal.

The cadets found themselves in a thick jungle. The high oxygen levels were immediately noticed. Everything was bigger, healthier. The leaves alone, on most trees, were the size of a person's head. Not only that but the cadets immediately found their energy renewed; Xin more so.
    The commander replayed the message on the sphere to remind Shadow Squad what they were looking for. "...This is your map-point to the second key: Travel to Lageria in the Centairus Galaxy. You will find the second key in the belly of the cannibal, whose hunger is never satisfied.”
    Commander Sharp shut off the sphere and stuck it back in her pack. "First thing we need to do is find the natives here. They'll likely have the answer to what or who this cannibal is and where it might be." She suddenly pulled out her sword and cut the head off a large Venus-fly-trap that almost attacked Eudoxia. "Watch where you're walking Cadets. We aren't on earth anymore."

--------------------------------

Several hours of painful and humid hiking went by with no signs of civilization anywhere. Mason was starting to get worried they'd have to camp for the night in this jungle. He swatted at a mosquito. This is not what I was imagining when I thought of going on a mission. The Captain sighed. Even the Commander looks like she's tiring. A flicker of movement in the trees caught his eyes. It was a monkey type creature. About the size of a small child. It had been tracking them for a while now, letting out screech every now again, which was answered by a screech from further away. Mason hadn't thought much of it a few hours earlier but...there seemed to be more of them now.

Commander Sharp suddenly held up a hand. "We'll take a short break here. But have your weapons ready." She looked up into the trees, a concerned look on her face.
    "You noticed them too, Commander?" Mason asked taking a seat on a log. He took a drink from his water bottle and looked over at his fellow squad-mates. Everyone except for Seven looked tired and sweaty. The excess oxygen had helped them get this far though.

"Yes. They seemed to be gathering. They'll probably attack when there is enough of them." The Commander nodded. She took a seat on a nearby rock but was ever watchful.
    Eudoxia's bots returned disheartening scans. At least 13 of the creatures and more not far away. An attack was inevitable. The question was when.

25. Exzalia

"Well once they see I'm not edible they'll go away, so I ain't worried. Seven said relaxing beside a tree. "And what's wrong with you guys? you suddenly all wet and gross, well at leasts that's one human feature I don't have and thank my bolts I don't."

She looked over at Adwaita slightly annoyed slightly confused. "Is she friend or foe? She keeps sending mixed signals to me, talking about bonding while screaming at my face. oh and she leid about not doing anything to me the first time we met, honestly what is up with her?" Seven went back to relaxing by the tree. "Weirdo, well at least she seems honest." Seven smiled at the thought.

"Tell me when it's over." she said lazily.