1. scribbledhopes

scribbledhopes New Member

Composing Emails

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by scribbledhopes, Nov 22, 2011.

Hello everyone,

I had an odd email question. When writing an email I am often tempted to hit the enter key to start a fresh line because I have scrolled to far to the right. This does not allow the automatic formating of the program to do it's job. I have this odd feeling the sentence looks wierd strung out on one huge line. Short emails enhance this ill sense that something is wrong. What is the assumed rule with email? I know as you resize the window the computers adjusts the view and moves things to accommodate, so I wonder if the additional carriage return is causing the format to suffer on my recipient.

I would imagine the same rule applies with forums as well.

Thanks for your help, Dave

2. AmsterdamAssassin

AmsterdamAssassin Active Member

Emails are html, like forum posts, so I wouldn't hit enter [you also run the risk of sending your email before it's finished]. HTML writing will adjust to the width of the screen, so don't try to do something manually that's already been taken care of automatically.