1. Lady_Evenstar

Lady_Evenstar New Member

The Lady Has Arrived

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lady_Evenstar, Oct 18, 2007.

Hello All,

I am glad to be a member of this site.
    May my writing be at least sufficient, and at best an inspiration.

Love and Light.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Lady Evenstar, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Would your name be a reference to Venus? Or is it a Tolkeinesque reference? Your signature quote seems to refer to the Phial of Galadriel.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome to our site Lady. It's not about how spectacular you write - it's how much effort you put into it. The rest is pretty much your fate. So enjoy it here and ask as many questions as needed.

4. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Hey there, welcome to the site. I am Heather and can always been found around here somewhere. If you ever need anything reviewing, need a little help or just want a chat then send a PM my way and I’ll be more then happy to help.
    Heather

5. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site, i'm glad you decided to join and hope that you're settling in alright :)

6. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Hey, I'm Lemex, I'm the local monster coming to distroy all of humanity...

Hope you settle in well :D

7. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

I've been neglecting my welcoming duties - apolgies and belated welcomes to you. Hope to see you around the site soon. Great to have you here.

Be sure to check out and enter out writing contests - the more the merrier, follow the link below for more info:

Weekly Writing Group - Writing Forums

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope that your time here with all of us is enjoyable and that you find the information around the place to be most helpful with your writing endeavors.
    I hope that you take the time to take a look and join in on the weekly poetry and/or short story contests. They can be quite enjoyable.
    Well if you would ever like a review simply send me a PM and I will try and give a helpful review of your work.
    WF has become home to many wonderful writers and their amazing work and has now become a very close community and I do hope that you decide to stick around and be a part of our growing community for years to come.
    See you around the boards.
    Torana