The Lakota clan

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by RainbowWarrior, Apr 27, 2013.

1. RainbowWarrior

RainbowWarrior New Member

i got some inspiration from Geronimo when he was on the run from the US Army, and he and his band hid on this rocky hill in which only the Apache's knew the way up.

ive given my clan a few square miles of forest surrounded by a natural wall covered in plants which keeps it camouflaged. it can only be entered by those who know how to get in :)

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Make it conveniently out from under the air lanes and it might work. And make the area so remote the Google map doesn't show the same resolution as it does in populated areas.

Like I said, think about the logistics but if the writing and story are good, the readers will forgive a lot.

I have a small tribe in a forest in my book. People reading it have thought of things like the group has to have a big enough gene pool to exist more than a few generations. These were scifi writers. I'm not sure the general reading public would notice such a thing.

3. RainbowWarrior

RainbowWarrior New Member

lol thats what i did! :D

i spent AGES scanning America for a place to put them. originally they were going to be in Yukon (what was i thinking???), but my main character's gonna be spending a lot of time away from the valley, and i didn't want her to be travelling 294823948 miles every time she has to be somewhere!

4. Jhunter

Jhunter Mmm, bacon. Contributor

There is absolutely no reason why there couldn't be a clan of Indians still hidden in America, where they originated from, where they are still plenty of them today. I don't know why that would randomly change in 2070. Are you planning a mass genocide none of us are aware of? :p

Write your book, doofus. ;)