The lies we tell.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wreybies, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Forkfoot

Forkfoot Caitlin's ex is a lying, abusive rapist. Contributor

Well gosh, Wrey, when you say it like that you make it sound weird.

2. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

How's it going, Wrey?

Good!

3. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

I never lie about the fact I don't drink or smoke.

I don't tend to say how I really am. I usually just respond with 'ok' or 'alright' even if I'm not. Partly because I don't do the whole sharing feelings thing, and partly because I know they're just asking out of politeness. I only tend to say how I really am to two of my friends, and that's only sometimes.

4. Sabreur

Sabreur Contributor Contributor

At the combination pizza hut and taco bell
    I'm vocal about who and how I am. Drink or smoke? No, never. Drugs aren't my thing, man. Yeah, alcohol is a drug too ;)

I always answer doctors correctly; they are professionals and they should know the full story.

I also don't mind saying hello to strangers when I'm walking about town; a quick "Good mornin'" to someone never hurts :D

5. Prometheus

Prometheus Banned

I don't lie about my drinking and smoking. Yeah, I do both and don't anybody start. As for doctors I don't answer any of the questions on those forms. I haven't been to a doc in years. I'm an EMT and can take care of most of my own medical and all of the minor trauma (to date). It really helps your mountain man image when you can pull out a big scar and say "Yup, stitched this up myself *spit on floor*). I'm not stupid so I've cultivated a relationship with a really good retired GP, who quit because of the regulatory BS and we are trying to get a guy who is a top flight surgeon to move to the neighborhood too.

6. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    That's an excellent point, Wrey. And very true. I guess that's why they say, 'real friends can be comfortable in eachothers company, without needing to say a word'. Small-talk is just a way of being polite to people that you probably won't see again anyway.

I've never smoked in my life, never done drugs, and if I drink, i'll have a small glass of cider every 10 months or so. Literally, i'm not big on intoxicating myself.

So no, why lie on a doctor's form? I have nothing to hide. People that do are simply ashamed of the real answers, pure and simple. If they find that hard to accept, then maybe they should ask themselves if it's really worth it.