The Life Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Night Haunter, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Banned

Sound advice. very sound. ;)

2. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Agreed.

3. LikeLightToTheFlies

LikeLightToTheFlies New Member

About 3000 miles from where I want to be.
    She's chalk full of advice.

xD

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

pyrox,

Start by respecting and liking yourself. Until you do that, you will not be ready to like and respect others; nor can you expect them to care for you if you don't even respect yourself. When you treat yourself better, you'll treat others better as well.

1 person likes this.
  5. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

is it ok for me to vent a little here 'cos i am about to blow today.

see, the thing is my boyfriends mate, Scott, is having a few mates over his house on Wednesday night. we were gunna put on some music and have a laugh. my mates mam was going to pick me and Livia up at about 11 and i was sleeping at hers. the thing is, after telling my dad the truth about what i was doing (i lied to begin with) he flipped and said i cannot go. he said he was also annoyed that i lied. the thing was, i lied because i knew he would react like that. he won't give me a proper reason why he doesn't want me going there, we were only gonna lounge around for a bit. but not only has he riuned the night for me, he has also knacked it up for Livia, who cannot go on his own. he is soooooo unreasonable. i mean, we thought we were being responsible by saying that we weren't going to drink and that we would get a lift home and everything, and i told my mam the truth about where we were going. but he just kicked of shouting "no". and when i asked why he just said "because i said no" do you think he should trust me more, is he being unreasonable, or am i expecting too much do you think?
    Heather

6. Baywriter

Baywriter Contributor Contributor

Well, I don't think he was being unreasonable. Certainly shouldn't have lied the first time. Is he supposed to trust you after you lied? I don't blame you for it, though. I've been there before. In fact, I've lied to my mother more times than I can count... But that's why she doesn't trust me at all. Just work to earn his trust back before you try to go out again.

7. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

well everyone, a few things to clarify. first off, talk to any of my friends, they can all tell u that i am a gentleman and im always there for them. i dont hurt my friends, and i forgive them for pretty much anything. i respect them and care for them i guess because i never got that and still dont really get too much of it. kinda like me making them all happy, making up for wut ive lost. i am wut few of my friends call a protecter, for i am very protective of my friends and im a very caring person when it comes to helping them out. if i, depressed or not, can talk my friends out of killing themselves, that means i am at least doing something good. most of u dont know me well, so u dont understand wut i am doing when i vent. the only things i seriously need help with is my sleeping problems, my irregular heartbeat, and my frequent migraines that i get at least 3 times a week. everyonce in a while i just need to vent, and usually i have someone to vent to but currently they are unavailale due to work and such so i was just venting out on here. im just overly stressed out, and irritated at how ppl play their games and i am done being a part of them. what i seriously need is a long vacation, not like the last one to tennessee, cuz while i was there i ended up convincing my friend that he shouldnt kill himself and that we (being me and his family) need him and care about him. ive known himm since i was very little, he is a brother to me so id do anything for him. now, thank you all for all the advice, but i am truly sorry for causing u all worry, u dont really know me so u all are really worried.

and now, for u heather, i understand y u r not allowed, but i still dont really think it was fair either. he is being a little unreasonable and u should still b able to go in my opinion, cuz u did end up telling him the truth. he is wayy to overreacting

8. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Pyrox, you seem like a wonderful person and for venting, it's pretty darn good feeling after you've done it!

I hated turning into a blubbering mess because I knew that I would get over it:( But glad you are feeling a little better (seemingly) and it's fantastic that you are such a great friend. YAY YOU! :D :) :D

9. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

thanx :D:D:D u seem like a pretty good person urself

10. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Can I go live in a secluded cabin in the mountains, or would that be socially unacceptable?

11. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

well, it depends on u, how nature-ish/outdoorish r u?

12. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Lol twas a random thoughtless question.

I guess I'm just tired of all these socially acceptable rules that must be followed.

*frustration ensues*

13. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

same here, but wut sux is we cant truly escape them

14. Raven

Raven Banned

I would so want to go live in a secluded cabin were it looks out over a beautiful lake surrounded by trees.

15. Frost

Frost Active Member

What do you mean you cant truly escape them?! Of course you can, it's just incredibly hard.

Also, Pyrox. Mate, if a couple of assholes in your adolescene are your greatest problems, consider yourself lucky.Sure, its fair enough to be down every now and again, everyone is. No point staying there though. Like baywriter said, nobody wants to keep company with depression.

16. Raven

Raven Banned

Well thats about right.

17. Baywriter

Frost is right. Consider yourself lucky. Hell, I've been through worse. And even though I have, I still feel lucky because it could be even worse than what I've been through. Sometimes I forget that fact and sink into depression, but I always manage to remind myself again. It makes me feel better when I count my blessings, which is why I'm such a naturally free-spirited person. I like to try my best and live for what I have now, instead of focusing on what's happened to me or even the "what ifs" of the future. Live for today.

18. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

its not a bunch of adolescents anyways, its my screwed up family, but im feeling a bit better so yea.

19. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Not entirely true. There is such a thing as "misery loves company" and codependency, but they are not healthy pursuits.

20. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

well, like i said i am doing better, and cant wait until i get to talk to ma petite copine (the literal translation to english is not wut it really means)

21. Raven

Raven Banned

Well I wish you well Pyrox

22. Baywriter

Yeah, but that's the depressed person that wants the company. The happy people don't want to hang around the depressed people.

I'm certain almost everyone has a screwed up family in some form or another.

23. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

well, my family is more screwed up than most, and even the lil bit ive said on here int all of it so yea but o well i talked to ma petite copine so im doing great now

24. Baywriter

Well, you need to look at some other families before you go around thinking that.

25. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

i never said mine was the worst, i was saying than most, not saying in general but say worse than most i know of

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.