The Mist!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by chad.sims2, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

"This is it." Ceri said, looking the happiest Dora had seen her so far.

"Yes!" said Dora, quickly shoveling her precious pens into her pack and slinging it onto her back.

It was pretty heavily loaded but it didn't prevent her from taking two quick steps, a hop, and then skipping the rest of the way to catch up with Dameon, the pack and the ponytail bobbing along with her blithe movements.

She gave Dameon a bright smile.

"Thanks for inviting me!" She said hanging onto her pack straps as she moved along like a barely tethered balloon, "I don't know why some of them look so gloomy, after all if they thought only bad things were going to happen why would they come?"

She added a skip as though to emphasize the point and went on.

"It'll be a great adventure, " Dora said firmly, "I can't wait to see what's outside, can't you?"

2. Jade

Jade Active Member

Madeline jogged to catch up with Dameon at the front of the group, hoping to set a faster pace. The sooner they were gone, the better.

The air nudged her hood, and she raised a hand to keep it in place. From the safe depths, she could see that they had the rapt attention of almost everyone in the Village.

Over the tops of buildings, she could see the single block mass of the Wall. Above it, the milky fog eclipsed everything.

She fell into step beside Dameon and Dora. He was smiling at some internal thought. The smile had a tinge of sadness to it.

‘Hey,’ she said, butting in to their conversation. It was about time she acquainted herself with someone. ‘I’m Mad. In more ways than one.’ She flashed them both a grin. ‘So, what do you thinks out there?’

3. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I didn't even have time to react to Dora when 'mad' popped up. I couldn't help but let out a quick laugh at her introduction. "Obviously." I replied to the mad part. "I don't really know what we're going to find but I do know that what ever it is it's going to be something big." I commented looking at the wall. "But ya I can't wai to get started." I added looking over at Dora. She seemed to be the happiest person around.

"So how about you two? Any ideas on what we might run into?" I probed, the conversation was good to help the long walk pass by quickly. The digesting of that fine meal helped to.

4. Raven

Raven Banned

Skraal watched each and everyone pass by him then made eye contact with Dora for a moment He felt as though she could see through his red tinted shades. She gave him a look of pleasantness. Skraal gathered his thoughts. It was time he was gone from this place he began to walk. The bird squawked again and he moved on ahead of the group passing Dora again.

The mere thought of innocence filled him as he looked up on her. It was clear to him danger lurked beyond that gate but was it clear to these. The croweds watched as the group departed the Inn and began their journey down to the gate. Skraal hated ion watchers so moved ahead swiftly keeping Dameon in sight.

Skraal stepped up to Dameon eventually.

“Think you have what it takes to venture out into the unknown. How will you protect these people. Will you flee like a coward or will you merely watch or do you think yourself brave enough to wield a weapon for battle to protect them if something of danger approaches.” Skraal asked. His voice low yet threatening but not menacing.

5. Jade

Jade Active Member

Dameon laughed, and she ticked the sense of humour box in her mind. On his other side, Dora floated along on currents of her own happiness. Just by looking at her, some of that optimism brushed onto Madeline. It would be alright eventually, she thought.

Madeline shrugged. ‘Treasure, hopefully.’ She looked around him waiting for Dora’s answer.

Skraal came up to them, and she stepped aside so that he could stand by Dameon.

6. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

“Think you have what it takes to venture out into the unknown. How will you protect these people. Will you flee like a coward or will you merely watch or do you think yourself brave enough to wield a weapon for battle to protect them if something of danger approaches.” Skraal asked. His voice low yet threatening but not menacing.

I was taken back by the question. I wasn't sure how to awnser at first so I thought it over a moment before opening my mouth. "I think I'll find out soon enough." I said confidently. "No way to be sure what you'll do in a situation until you're in it." I added and hoped that'd satify him for now. I felt rather proud of myself for not stuttering this time, he scared me way more than i'd like to admit, but his question had been valid.

"So," I started continuing to talk to him. "What do you think you're going to find out side the gate?"

7. Foxee

Dora leaned forward to see 'Mad' on the other side of Dameon and she waved like someone cleaning a window while hopped up on caffeine.

"Hi, Mad! I think we're all a little mad," Dora laughed, "it helps us get through the day, right?"

Dora looked ahead again as they walked, her light steps calming slightly as she considered her answer to both Mad and Dameon.

"I think," she said finally, "that there are wonderful places, fantastic animals, new foods to try, and incredible people to meet." Her imagination switched into high gear and she went on, "in fact, maybe they're not people like us at all! Maybe they're part animal and part person or maybe they're angels!"

On the word 'angels' Dora gave a hop and then was interrupted by the dark and snarly knight as he edged between Dameon and Mad.

“Think you have what it takes to venture out into the unknown? How will you protect these people? Will you flee like a coward or will you merely watch or do you think yourself brave enough to wield a weapon for battle to protect them if something of danger approaches?”

Dora was a bit taken aback at the stranger's rudeness to her friend but she immediately forgave him. After all, he was in need of friends himself and who could be nice all the time with a problem like that?

She interrupted before Dameon answered, leaning forward and peering around him to give the dark knight a windshield-wiper wave.

"Hi! I'm Dora. Let me tell you, Dameon is brave! I've seen him hold a kicking horse's hoof while it tried to bite him and he still got it shod! He knows how to work hot metal that I'd rather not ever go near so I can tell you I trust him. Besides," Dora showed Skraal her small bow, "we're armed and we're not really helpless."

She bounced along happily in the somewhat stunned silence.

"And besides AGAIN," she said cheerfully to Skraal mostly, "I don't think anything real bad is going to happen. We'll just have to be careful and stick together. And you can help defend us, too, right? You certainly have all of the equipment."

8. Teele

Teele New Member

Cassie listened to Dameon introduce himself as the room fell into silence. She felt the excitement and eagerness welling up in her as the moment drew closer. Where some had misgivings and fears and dread, Cassie felt only excitement at the promise of discovery. She couldn't suppress the smile that spread across her face. As he finished, she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder.

That ever-familiar voice...the one she had grown up with. The one with a place in her heart almost equal to her own father's. She looked into Drake's eyes, seeing his sadness. But there was something else there; something she hadn't seen before, and it surprised her. She saw age in those eyes. The weight of years. She felt a tear come to her own eye.

"I will." She promised, her voice quavering. Drake turned away, entrusting them to their destiny. Cassie wiped the tears from her eyes and stood. She smiled reassuringly at Si.

"Here we are. On the edge of a new fate. Let's go claim it!" With that, she hefted her pack onto her shoulder, clutched her black staff in her hand, and walked out to join the others.

9. Raven

Raven Banned

“I think I'll find out soon enough.” Dameon paused.

"No way to be sure what you'll do in a situation until you're in it." He continued.

Skraal noted the proudness in his reply.

"What do you think you're going to find out side the gate?" Said Dameon again.

“Destiny.” Skraal replied his teeth gritted together. The bird came down to land on his shoulder it squawked into his ear.

“Tell me Dameon what is it you think you’ll find. What destiny do you seek.” Skraal said this time his voice louder yet less intimidating but still carrying a threatening tone.

10. Jade

Jade Active Member

Madeline smiled back, bemused. She had no doubt that people would consider Dora mad – albeit a different brand. How could any sane person be that happy?

Initially, she had felt uncomfortable, but at least with Skraal at her side she was next to invisible in comparison.

Madeline glanced up at him, wondering how he would answer. She had heard his hissed question to Dameon and wondered if the big warrior would protect them, or just expected Dameon too as the leader.
    She bit her lip and turned away at the mention of destiny and reasons for venturing out.

11. Raven

Raven Banned

"Hi! I'm Dora. Let me tell you, Dameon is brave! I've seen him hold a kicking horse's hoof while it tried to bite him and he still got it shod! He knows how to work hot metal that I'd rather not ever go near so I can tell you I trust him. Besides," Explained Dora as she came from nowhere but decided to join the conversation.

"we're armed and we're not really helpless." She said again.

Skraal laught loudly at her words.

She bounced along happily in the somewhat stunned silence.

"And besides AGAIN," she said cheerfully, "I don't think anything real bad is going to happen. We'll just have to be careful and stick together. And you can help defend us, too, right? You certainly have all of the equipment."

Skraal stopped and took her left shoulder in his hand the grip strong but not painful.

“So why is this place covered by a wall. What are they keeping out.” Skraal said letting go and turning back to Dameon. He felt this one had courage perhaps more so than she looked. He certainly felt a portion of respect for her. She was the first to start a conversation with him.

12. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I shrugged. "I just want to know whats out their." I replied and looked thankfully over at Dora for standing up for me, but I had a feeling we'd be dealing with worse things than biteing horses out their. "Thanks."

13. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

"Here we are. On the edge of a new fate. Let's go claim it!"

"Right." says Si with a nod. She grabs her bag and quickly follows Cassie and the others.

........There has to be something worth while out there. Something that will help people, such as great artifacts of a lost civilization. Cassie, I will protect you, and we will return to Drake and the others back at the guild. I hope.......

14. Raven

Raven Banned

"I just want to know what’s out their." Dameoon replied.

“Thanks.” He continued.

Skraal noted the look in his eyes. Realisation would soon hit them when fear would invite its way into their bellies.

Skraal continued to walk between the others Dora mostly at his side. He sensed she was attempting to reach his soft side. Again a portion of respect entered his thoughts for her.

15. Jade

Jade Active Member

Madeline blinked at the first sign of humanity she had seen of Skraal so far. He had reached out and squeezed Dora's shoulder.
    Madeline frowned, and realized that as the wall loomed closer, she had started to walk faster. Her legs shook, but she moved ahead of the others. She glanced around the surrounding buildings, waiting for someone to leap out at her or the thud of an arrow in her chest.

With conscious effort, she was able to slow herself down.

16. Raven

Raven Banned

Skraal noticed Madeline’s movements and noted how her legs almost wobbled. He sense her fear. I wondered if it would be her fear that damned her beyond the wall there would be no safe confines of this place.

Skraal grunted as she slowed her pace down.

17. Jade

Jade Active Member

Madeline glanced back. Did Skraal just grunt at her?

She settled back into step with the three others who led the way. Tension plucked at her tensed nerves. To escape, she retreated into her memories. Her fingers habitually traced the scar along her neck. It felt rough, and there was a ridge where the skin had overlapped when healing. The ghostly memory of hot blood raining down on her skin reared, and she had to examine her hand to convince herself that it was not there.

She shook herself free and shoved her hands in the pockets of her jacket. ‘So, is there any kind of plan?’ she asked.

18. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

"Can't really plan for the unknown." I commented. "I just figured we would go with the flow, I mean we don't even know what it's like out their. We could be walking into a wastland, or that mist could be poison." I said and looked up at the wall. It was slowly growing as we neared it. We still had a ways to go before we'd reach it, I almost wished we had rented horses or something.

19. Foxee

Skraal's grip on her shoulder was firm as he got her attention.

“So why is this place covered by a wall. What are they keeping out.”

He let her go and left Dora to get over her surprise as they walked.

"I just want to know what's out there." He added.

"Well, of course people tend to keep their precious things all together in one place, right? So that they don't lose them. And, sure! There might be some scary things out there," Dora grinned, "that's what makes it an adventure! How disappointed would YOU be," Dora poked Skraal in his armored side, "if you didn't get to use your swords or armor, huh?"

There was another one of those short silences filled with exclamation points. Dora was used to them.

"So is there any kind of a plan?" Mad ventured.

Dora bounced along happily, waiting to hear if anyone had one. It didn't make much difference to her if they did or if they didn't.

"Can't really plan for the unknown." I commented. "I just figured we would go with the flow, I mean we don't even know what it's like out their. We could be walking into a wastland, or that mist could be poison."

Dora laughed merrily.

"Poison!" She chuckled, "Well, I like that. How often does some of that mist roll over the wall and cover our fields? And it doesn't kill people. Besides, if it was poisonous the people who went out before wouldn't be missing they'd be piled up in a berm of dead bodies in front of the gate." Dora laughed again and gave a skip. "Maybe it's laughing gas!"

20. Raven

Raven Banned

"Well, of course people tend to keep their precious things all together in one place, right? So that they don't lose them. And, sure! There might be some scary things out there," Dora grinned, "that's what makes it an adventure! How disappointed would YOU be," Dora poked Skraal in his armored side, "if you didn't get to use your swords or armor, huh?"

Skraal laughed loudly the bird flew from his shoulder the wall was getting bigger. He looked at Dora.

“I see in you Dora pleasantness and innocence. All of which are lost causes and an unwelcomed weakness.” Skraal bowed his head and walked on ever watching as the wall grew taller the closer they approached.

As Skraal saw weakness in Dora he also saw strength, however he wasn’t about to share his thoughts with anyone.

21. Jade

Jade Active Member

Madeline did laugh at that, echoing Skraal. 'I hope you're right,' she said.

Looks like I'm not the only one in need of some laughing gas, Madeline mused. She agreed with the first two judgements, but she thought that both would only work in Dora's favor.

People like Dora didn't dig themselves dark pits with their unsatiable greed. In fact, she doubted anyone could take a dislike to the cheerful girl.

22. Teele

Teele New Member

Cassie looked on the others as they walked. Dameon had gathered a small crowd around him already, which had included the big, dark man who seemed so out-of-place. With him also was Dora, who was very pleasant and bubbly, despite striking out into the unknown; and Madeline, the girl who had sat down briefly with her and Si before Dameon had given his speech. Cassie approached Dameon tentatively.

He was saying. Dora responded with some theories of her own, and Skraal gave her nothing but an angry rebuke. Cassie had smiled at Dora, and then eyed Skraal with disapproval. He was a bully. Abruptly, she remembered why she came, and said shyly,

"Um...Dameon?" He turned his head to her. "I'm Cassandra Therrin. This is my friend Si Praest," She said, motioning to Si, who stood beside her.

"We're from the mages' guild, and Drake asked us to be of service to you however we could. If there's anything you need, let us know."

23. Foxee

“I see in you Dora pleasantness and innocence. All of which are lost causes and an unwelcomed weakness.”

Dora grinned at Mad who had enjoyed her laughing gas theory and then turned a smaller smile on Skraal who seemed dejected.

"That's just because you don't know me yet," Dora replied generously, "for now I think you're like that Raven you have. You need out of your cage and we're going out of the cage." She gave a happy little bounce, "So we can be happy!"

24. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I turned and smiled at the two. "Oh yes, Drake told me about you two. I'm sure you'll be lots of help, I'm not much of a learned man." I admited. "Not unless you count shaping metal as learning. Not much time with helping my dad out and all." I paused thinking about him. He had told me that he ran the shop before me and could continue running it with out me, but I knew he was getting a bit to old for all that work. "I can read, write, and do basic math, so I'll need you two at least to help me identify what things are when we come across them."

25. Raven

Raven Banned

Dora grinned at Mad who had enjoyed her laughing gas theory and then turned a smaller smile on Skraal who seemed dejected.

"That's just because you don't know me yet," Dora replied generously, "for now I think you're like that Raven you have. You need out of your cage and we're going out of the cage." She gave a happy little bounce, "So we can be happy!"

Skraal actually gave a side smile for the first time since meeting the group. But quickly relinquished the smile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.