1. Migadar

Migadar New Member

The Most Unenviable Task

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Migadar, Apr 26, 2016.

Good afternoon.

My wife has written a book, and she has tasked me with the dirty, un-fun, and entirely frustrating labor of love that is getting it published. She's very creative, however she becomes quickly overwhelmed with the slogging ritualistic bureaucracy of the publishing industry.

Fortunately, I lack even the barest hint of creativity, and tend to thrive on gathering information, researching, and navigating unfamiliar territory. I have discovered, however, that I have some questions a Google search will not answer for me. To that end, I have signed up here, to ask such questions and hopefully detect the spoor of my ultimate quarry in the responses.

I suspect I should put some kind of a smiling face here, to indicate that I am friendly.

:)

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Welcome to the site, Migadar. Ask away - there are plenty aplenty (as well as spoor, I daresay).

Oscar Leigh and Cave Troll like this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    I say hunting writers, very unsportsman like of you, sir. :supergrin:

Welcome, Hope you find what you are seeking. (if you find the Holy Grail, no touchy. That's mine.):superlaugh:

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  4. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the madhouse! :D
    Seeing as your not one of us exactly, you may find yourself wishing to get out. But don't worry. I already smashed the key. So we won't have any of that nasty getting out you might succumb to. I've done you a real favour. I assure you. :p:p
    Also, if you haven't found it yet, I recommend the publishing section. And here, take this:
    https://www.writingforums.org/rules/.
    https://www.writingforums.org/faq/.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    Catrin Lewis and Cave Troll like this.
  5. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum! Ask away; that's why we're here. :D

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started in case you're wondering about the ins and outs of the forum.

See you!

-Kat

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  6. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

I dunno. I've seen worse prose from those who claim to be creative writers. That bit about adding the smile to indicate you're friendly was quite good, in fact.

Beware, sir. You might be in deeper than you believe. Mwahahahahahahaha!!!! :superlaugh:

(Oh, by the way: Welcome. Does the missus want to join up, too? Bring her along!)

Oscar Leigh likes this.