1. Sniam

Sniam Member

Hi !

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sniam, May 8, 2016.

Hello there !

As you may wisely guess from the forum section, I'm new to this forum. I'm a French student, and I've been writing for a pretty long time now, though 10-year-old-me stories aren't the most fascinating ones.
    I do not pretend to have special qualifications of any sorts, I just kind of like putting words to express Things. Be they totally random facts of the day or some kind of concept that erupted from the back of my head, I truly enjoy putting things into place to be able to surprise people.

I don't really have any professional ambition about the world of writers and publishers and editors and all of that, I just want to learn from others, and see whatever may happen. I also hope to help people out, though I'm way too picky and love flawlessness. Perfection is the way to go !

In other matters, I love listening to music and I've also been learning how to draw for about five years now. So, basically, on the subway, I just kind of creep on people and try to draw them for future reference.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask :) ! gosh it felt like writing a motivational letter to some random university, I need to breathe

2. theoriginalmonsterman

theoriginalmonsterman Pickle Contributor

Welcome to the forums!

Most people that come onto the forums have some sort of goal in mind whether it's trying to complete a novel they've been working on or trying to find some inspiration for a new one. I'm not saying you need a goal, but usually having one in mind can help you get going. It doesn't have to be anything that's way out there, but a having a small one in mind while messing around on the forums may be somewhat beneficial.

If you really want to learn from others though I would say you should go start looking around and trying to help people who've already begun asking questions. Asserting yourself into threads on forums is the best way to get advice. Even if it's not a question you personally wanted answered it'll still help improve your writing skills either way.

Hopefully you'll enjoy yourself here. It's a bit difficult at first to get invested into any conversations. I would personally go try and find a newer thread that doesn't have any answers yet and give them your opinion.

That's all I've got, so I hope to see you around! :)

3. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Welcome there :)

You will fit in right here with the rest of the 'creeping' people. Writers are nothing but observant (because we need to know stuff for our writing), so if you ever feel the need to ask, do it. We won't bite, I promise!

For me personally it was just fancy that I stumbled in here - and stayed. The serious writing came after, but not long after. So there is hope yet for you ;) For myself, the best advice about learning to write is to just do it, and not get scared of trying out different things. It will get easier, I promise.

4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)
    Sounds like you'll fit right in! I hope our little forum will help you on your writing journey. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. See you around!

-Kat

5. Sniam

Sniam Member

Well, thanks for all your replies !
    If you're looking for me, I'll be sailing through the forum, looking for inspiration and trying to help :)