Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrWhozit

DrWhozit Banned

The Noah Syllogism

Discussion in 'Debate Room' started by DrWhozit, Nov 19, 2013.

A = B, B=A

As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the last days.

=

As it is today or tomorrow, so was it like in the days of Noah and Noah's yesterday. (Logically, either we already are as it was then, or we are yet to become as such in the future, thus Noah was at least as advanced as today's average Mr. Goodwrench.)

=

Noah had computers or their successors. Their were geeky geniuses Noah could learn from. There were billions of people on the planet from several races. The geeks were on the verge of time travel. There was a lot of errant science that became traditional dogma and it failed to acknowledge and properly warn the planet's human population that their energy and food needs had driven the planet's ecosystem into a flood that would render the planet a water-world like Jupiter's moon Europa.

*******************************************************************************************

The syllogism is that if A = B, then B = A.

The trailer for the movie "Noah" looks interesting. What caught my attention was how the water started shooting up out of the ground. That's pretty much going on in the arctic now and Africa. There's a volcano getting ready to go in Antarctica. This all just has to be food for sci-fi novel writing :)

2. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

But you are forgetting a very important part of your formula...where x = experience, history, or whatever moniker you want to put on it. The point of the flood was to clean the slate except those of the innocent who got to see God's wrath that killed all the sinners.

So before Noah A = B + x, after Noah A = B + x + x(to the infinite power or the another flood or the end of the world!)

3. DrWhozit

DrWhozit Banned

Then A(q') = B(q"), which is entirely excepted per Aristotle, naturally if history repeats itself then A variations will be mimicked B variations. Sci-fi can write A and B however it seems plausible.

4. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

I have no frikken idea what any of these means, but it looks interesting. Anyone care to explain?

5. Lewdog

The equations and variables are a way of putting events into a mathematical equation that can be more easily understood by people who think with that side of their brain. DrWhozit is arguing that life before Noah according to theory should have been the same as it has been after Noah, given mathematical beliefs that if A = B, it will always be the same, before or after an event, with this event being the Biblical flood.

My argument is that, while that may be true for certain things, the lesson learned from the flood would change the course of mankind afterwards. If an omnipotent God knew that mankind and society would turn out the same after the flood as before it, what would have been the point?

You also have to take into account discovery and innovation when building the idea that the time before Noah would have had the same technology as we have today.

6. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

Not me! lolz.
    I mildly get some of it now, though. Thank you!

7. DrWhozit

DrWhozit Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syllogism
    In this case, the implied premise is the Bible doesn't lie, so its prophecies. "Is" is relatively equal to in the case of modern today and tomorrow compared to the yesterday and today of Noah's day respectively. The "=" becomes the existential state. "Noah's day = modern day," not "modern day socially minus the flood."

In short this is a name for a story of Noah, possibly incognito, that has the surprise climax where the reader discovers he wasn't reading about modern times but in the time of Noah. Further yet he finds that era was the middle Pleistocene. The original Noah's ark was able to isolate itself from the flow of earth's time for 15 million years.

Food for sci-fi thought.

8. Lewdog

You are just describing the movie 2012, but instead the people in the movie that are picked for the arks by socioeconomic status and not but a divine being.

9. DrWhozit

DrWhozit Banned

2012? Please. That movie sucked.

In fact I mentioned the upcoming movie, "Noah." I'm really suggesting a potentially more accurate version of the great deluge that involves a more advanced race than people wearing goat skins. It asks the question of the temporal frame of reference for the inhabitants of the ark. Was the year in the ark in synch with earth's flow of time? If not, it explains the conflict with scientific findings of today.
    The syllogism would just be an interesting title for the story, but it points out that the Bible says the world in both days was the same. IMO, too many theologians purvey this to be lackadaisical trends of society, not the build-up to another deluge. The findings of CO2 and Methane emissions at the polar regions suggests otherwise.

Incidentally, my avatar is a grab of the alleged "Starchild" skull found in South America around 2008.

10. DrWhozit

DrWhozit Banned

If there was any movie inspiring the fiction concept here, it would be "The Day After Tomorrow."

I suppose I need Kevin Costner to chime in here... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.