The not happy thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carmina, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

That's it, we're all going to Las Vegas and nothing is going to distract us from our girls' night out! Whoo!

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

this week, my heart has broken in a way I never thought it would for at least another 5-7 years. I just want to cry.

I can't prove that these boys that are aged 10 - 12, did in fact say crude and vulgar things in relation to my daughter and so the matter has been dropped, because there is someone who can vouch for them, to say that they did not infact say what I heard them say, when I know what I heard the sick little jerks say.

1) boys who are 10-12 years old should not be perving on girls that are only 5 years old
    2) boys who are 10-12 years old should not make sexual references towards girls who are 5 years old
    3) boys who are 10-12 years old should not even have those kinds of thoughts about a little girl who is 5 years old.

I am still disturbed, sickened, repulsed, nauseated, furious, upset and shocked over the entire incident. My 5 year old daughter thinks it is great that those boys think she is beautiful, she even tried to put make up at home because of what they had said. She is 5 years old, she should NEVER think like that. I don't even talk like that around her and rarely ever wear make up for that reason. I feel like a part of her innocence and childhood has been robbed from me due to this incident. Now every time I look at her, I want to cry and it is hard not to burst into tears. My daughter is 5, she should not be getting this kind of attention yet. :(

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Lower than pond scum. Lower than rotten, gassy pond scum in a toxic waste dump.

4. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

God, that's messed up, Tor. I'm sorry. :(

The last time I visited my family, my youngest sister pulled me aside and told me that there was a boy in her sixth hour who is harassing her and her best friend, but no one had done anything about it. It really makes me sick what some people get away with.

5. JTheGreat

JTheGreat New Member

Um... wow, Torana. That's really sick. Not the cool, skater-type sick either. The sick-sick.

I have my own woes as well, unfortunately.

My graphing calculator was stolen. If you're not familiar with the difference between a graphing calculator and a regular or scientific calculator, graphing calculators have tons more features, and cost tons more money ($80-$120). The entire eighth-grade teacher-team is looking out for it. I'm borrowing a friend's (her's is similar, except for an edition difference), just so everything seems normal. If it doesn't come up before the end of the year, I'm going to have to sneak some money to another friend so she can buy another identical one for me :(.

6. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

It's been something like a year since I've really participated in the forum, and decided to check it out today and I'm kind of unhappy about how dead the forum is. It really feels like all the life and creativity has gone out of the place.

7. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Yes, most definitely far lower. I won't state what was said, but I'm sure if you use your imagination, you can probably guess how sickening and repulsive their comments were. I'm just glad my 5 yr old never heard the rest of what they said.
    Thanks hidden.

Hope things are sorted with your sister soon. It's sickening what males can get away with these days.

It sure is sick.

Sorry about your calculator. I know how expensive they are. Hope it shows up soon.

I've often thought the same thing.

8. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

This is really a pathetic reason to be upset, but one of my favorite people is going to be completely out of reach for a few days. :( I won't see her until Sunday afternoon, and I won't be able to talk to her or anything.

*is pathetic*

9. Chevalier des Poissons

Chevalier des Poissons New Member

I fail to see why is pathetic to miss someone you like that much.

Actually I even comply with your upset state.

10. Corbyn

Corbyn Lost in my own head Supporter Contributor

It's never pathetic to care about people... *big hugs though*

11. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Thanks guys.. it just makes me feel needy.

12. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

I may have mentioned this before, but I hate people. Especially people when they get behind the wheel of a car, as it seems to turn people into even bigger idiots than they already are.

I say this with a particular incident in mind. Earlier this evening I went to the train station to pick my sister up. I got stuck behind a very slow lorry on the way to Dewsbury (a glance at the number plate told me it was a Polish lorry - I'm certain he thought it was a 30kph limit rather than a 30mph, so to a point him doing 18mph right through Ravensthorpe is understandable), so I was late when I got to the station.

Dewsbury train station is a nightmare for access; there are two entrances and exits to the car park, but if you want to pick someone up it makes sense to enter the car park by the entrance next to the entrance of the station building itself (anyone coming out of the station will then see the car picking them up is the theory behind that one). Unfortunately, there's a bottleneck between there and the main car park, which some genius decided to stick a bus stop at, effectively blocking access to the car park. And some other geniuses - mostly taxis - often stop in this bottleneck, making it very, very difficult to get through if you're driving a wide car.

The Volkswagen Polo I drive is definitely not wide, so I could fit past the taxi that was parked in the bottleneck fairly easily. Unfortunately, I couldn't fit past the BMW that had decided to park literally five or six yards further down. The car was still occupied, and why the driver hadn't just driven twenty yards further and parked up in the actual car park is beyond me, but hey, we're talking about the intelligence of people in Dewsbury here.

You'd think it was obvious I wanted to come past and park in the car park. But she didn't budge. A quick beep of the horn earned me a finger and her head coming out of the window to aim a verbal volley at me. I'm sorry, but what have I done wrong, exactly? You're illegally parked and yet I'm the one being abused? So I beep her again, this time for slightly longer.

When she decides to get out of the car and come up to my window. I don't bother lowering my window because I'm not going to risk her trying to throttle me or spit at me or something like that, so she has a rage at me. She's expended far more effort having a paddy at me by getting out the car than she would have done by simply taking off the handbrake, putting the car into first and driving forwards a handful of yards. So why did she do it? And what is wrong with people these days? Road rage over something like that?

13. Capt Bob

Capt Bob New Member

Awwww!: Ya quit before she could walk around to the passenger door, open it and slide in, extending a curvaceous leg around your gearshift while her hem raced to her hips, saying; "so sorry to have broken down here, but I'm sure you can slip by. I've just moved that trash can and we can go home and enjoy a lovely bottle of Piper I've got in the fridge, while I call to have my Beamer picked up."

Then you could have moved the whole thing to the "Happy thread", and since it was "a particular incident", just leave the Polock behind at Dewsbury!

14. Sabreur

Sabreur Contributor Contributor

At the combination pizza hut and taco bell
    :confused: Dubya tee eff, mate...

1 person likes this.
  15. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

Yeah. :rolleyes:

Sorry about that, Dante! I can imagine it must be highly frustrating...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.