Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

The previous thread was getting so large it was noticeably impacting performance. Maybe it was an overload of negativity. ;)

So here is a new place to grumble and gripe,and get it off your chest.

auntiebetty, Siriusly and Ameshin like this.
  2. Capt Bob

Capt Bob New Member

Not happy nor unhappy, just making a transition from a 'hanging" wtf? on my last post.

No disrespect: Just laying a literary twist on an outraged driver.
    As per --is this a "literary Forum"??. Better to laugh at traffic & fools, the alternatives are a DWI or an acid stomach.

Gotta get real, if driving in N.Y.C., Paris, London or Tokyo drives you up the wall numerous times per outing, you just opened your door on the wrong Planet!.

Try Cycle VII in the Pedal Galaxy.

3. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

Bah, too much uni work to do, and I have two assessments for the start of December and I haven't started them yet and I'm panicking about them. But... (go to happy thread)

4. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I'm in Georgia on a business trip and I guess I don't like traveling. I want to go home. It's not that there's anything wrong with Georgia; it's just that I'm stressed by the job and I miss my own bed. And my kitchen - I don't like eating fast food or restaurant food all the time. And I don't know how much longer I have to be here.

Argh.

Authentically Adrian likes this.
  5. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

I'm miserable.

Tim just left, and it's like someone is tearing a chunk of myself out of my chest right now. I won't see him until January.

6. Chevalier des Poissons

Chevalier des Poissons New Member

My most beloved uncle is dying. And I am seeing it with my own eyes.

7. Simplistic

Simplistic New Member

Not happy about getting a lot of homework during my 9 day week off from school.

8. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

:eek:....:(

*Gives you a hug*

I am so sorry, Chevalier. :(

9. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

I missed an opprotunity to talk to one of my exes. Long complicated story and because I didn't refresh the tab with my forum opened or hadn't touched that tab in like a couple hours the forum showed me as logging off at the time of a PM she sent. All about trying to end what is left of our friendship on good terms. Of course if I had known she would have popped in I would never have... Either way she thinks I am pissed at her for not replying. Not my fault I got caught up in a book. I mean who knew you could turn people into white rabbits in the name of justice and to prevent two religious sects from fighting? o_O

Screw it.

I don't care anymore. Woman are to high maintanence. I am officially unofficialy(wait does that mean what I intend it to mean? Meh screw it) swearing off woman all together.

*shrugs*

I mean guys can't be that hard to please can they? Beer and explosions pretty much sums up a guys ideal night on the town...

But yeah I am in a rather foul mood.

Oh well. Its done with once and for all. Of course thats what Link keeps saying about Ganondorf. o_O

Oh how I love my crappy and lame jokes and humor. :)

10. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Well, Link's not the one in charge of everything. ;) If he knew it was Miyamoto/Anouma that kept putting him with Ganondorf, he'd have a word with them. lol.

Anywhoo, yeah, just take a break. Maybe a woman you like will come to you.

11. Corbyn

Corbyn Lost in my own head Supporter Contributor

We can't all be that bad... :(

The problem I have is I'm always in the wrong place!

12. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

What the hell Warner Bros? What the hell?

Apparently the above mentioned film studio has decided it's going to do a film reimagining of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Without Joss Whedon's involvement.

There really aren't words for this level of idiocy...

13. Taylee91

Taylee91 Carpe Diem Contributor

^What?! Argh, I agree. Disney tried to pull the same trick on Pixar, but weren't successful. Thank goodness.

I an NOT happy because I caught a bug this past week, and I can't smell this delicious Apple Crisp we made for dessert. My nose is so stuffed up. *whimper* so not fair...

14. Annûniel

Annûniel Contributor Contributor

Ugh, that sounds awful Banzai. Definitely not getting my moneys!

I am unhappy because I was pretty stressed earlier and ended up hurting myself by punching my steering wheel. >.> =(

I was stressed b/c I went to a friends house uninvited. We've been on bad terms for a while and I wanted to see if I could set things right. I know I didn't make things worse because he was telling me that there was nothing I could do to make up for it at first, but by the end of our short talk (it was kinda late), he agreed to think on it and we hugged. I think he realized the stress I put him in wasn't likely to happen again to that extent as my emotions were severely drug-induced at the time.

All I can do now really is pray. For his happiness at least. Still I'm trying to stay hopeful.

JonTheWriter likes this.
  15. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Have you ever had one of those days where work (or whatever you had going on) was ridiculous and stressful and wound you up really tight, and then when you got home, you couldn't unwind? I've been off work for two and a half hours, and I just keep getting more and more upset. Today can suck it. Seriously.

At least tomorrow morning is our holiday visit from our DM, so after that all I have to do is pretend Thanksgiving doesn't exist, wait for Black Friday to pass, and then coast through the rest of the holiday season.

16. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Nothing is coming out right. I have sat here, trying to organize my thoughts, for forty-five minutes. my previous estimate of thirty-five was off. I am so embarrassed, so guilty. I am so angry, so betrayed. I wish I could stop choking on my words.

17. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

*hugs*

18. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

It always bothers me when the original creators and authors are not involved in such projects. I can understand that studios would want to reimagine and reinvent such franchises, but they should include the original creators. At the very least offer them to have their input on such projects.

Of course for me, when the creator is involved, changes are more readily acceptable to me and I tend to be more forgiving for the changes I don't like. Where as on the other hand I am not so leniant because it just seems like they are simply screwing over the franchise and the fans.

19. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

His intellectual property, surely.

Anyhoo, I'm extremely miffed. After 299 consecutive home games watching Town without missing any, I'm missing tonight's against MK Dons. ONE short of 300 consecutive home games. ONE. 12 years that's taken me.

20. Banzai

How the hell did I used to fit a reasoned, informed and referenced argument in 1,500 words? I've just written what I thought was a concise and informative introduction for my Family Law essay, and it's 300-400 words long. Christ, this is going to be a long few days.

I'm not sure, it depends on how much of the show he's responsible for creating- and what rights got signed away. He was famously very unhappy with the original film, it it was still mass-released.

21. Capt Bob

Capt Bob New Member

Came here to vent, but started off reading others, the level of misery contained therein just blew my bloated Spleen right out of the water.

Thought I had stepped into Dante's when I read of a stuffed nose depriving it's wearer of smelling the apples--now that-Really-took the Crisp!!.

What was it bothering me????---WOW!--this place really works!!.

22. Northern Phil

Northern Phil Active Member

I think like most people WB has forgotten that there was a buffy movie back in the early twenties which totally flopped.

Apart from die hard fans, (most of whom are probably p***ed off by this news), very few people would see it because we now live in a post Twilight-True Blood-Vampire Diaries world where vampires are sexy and in love wi...

...erm...

...I don't know where I'm going with that because Angel was buffy's boyfriend, but at least he stuck to some of the more traditional vampire rules, drank Human blood, couldn't survive in daylight. If they do a buffy movie I bet that they bring back Angel and he's totally lame. It'll probably have a UK rating of 12A or even PG.

23. Banzai

And Angel had the good sense to piss off after season 4, only returning occasionally to showcase how much weight he'd put on.

24. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

My bottom lip is cut. Split, sort of. I have no idea how it got that way and it hurts to even talk. I can barely move my lips without feeling pain.

Georgina Bass likes this.
  25. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

That sucks. :( I'm sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.