The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lae

Lae Contributor Contributor

poor family dynamics as you put it leads to bad blood, arguments, uncomfortable social events, snide remarks and sometimes alienation of a family member or simply not speaking to each other at all.

Poor family dynamics have nothing to do with abuse, i've never come across a situation with family or friends that has evolved from poor dynamics into abuse. I had family members try similar things with me, some other more frequent situations with alcohol (i wont go into any of that on here) and reconciliation is something i never considered, in my view once a relationship deteriorates to that degree it is pointless to try and save, there is no benefit and you're better off without it. Parent or sibling, friend or colleague, same rule applies in my book.

@Trish i very much agree with that statement

2. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Kill them with kindness! ... or in a way that can't be traced back to you. :whistle:

3. Lae

ha its not what you know, its what you can prove!

on a side note, they never came back for my motorbike, i'm glad, but somewhat disappointed. Thieves these days! cant be bothered to put in hard work. :wtf:

4. Mercissa

Mercissa Member

@Trish Thanks for your support. I am trying to leave. I no longer want to be affected by her. And I think my Dad is finally asking for a divorce. He is actually in a lot worse shape than I am. But that's another story for another time. I am hopeful that things will work out in the end. And I am confident that I will find a job, if not the dream job that I want.

5. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I'm not for a minute suggesting there is a magic bullet here. I only mean if one or both parties are interested, there are insights that can be gained about these kinds of blow ups, a few techniques that, as I said, aren't going to provide instant satisfaction, but it is possible to recognize certain patterns and diffuse them.

It's not perfect, it's not quick, it takes an effort, and time, and patience when at first little changes.

But there are things people can do, even when only one side is interested.

In the meantime, I am in no way saying anyone is at fault or just arguing back, or that there is some simple solution being overlooked.

I too am sorry to see anyone suffering this kind of stress. The best one can often salvage out of it is material for a writer.

It sounds like when your financial situation improves that will be a big relief.

And you have my sincere apology I did not reply in a PM instead of here.

Mercissa likes this.
  6. Mercissa

Mercissa Member

@GingerCoffee You don't have to explain. I understand. Any advice is good at this point. I would like to change the situation too. It's all very frustrating and depressing to me.
    But by the way, I can't view the link. Would you mind posting it again? Thanks!

GingerCoffee likes this.
  7. Lewdog

This is a lot less important than some issues going on in this thread, but my cat has become so damn needy. She has to be in my lap, on my computer desk, in my face, laying next to me, etc. all day everyday. I could more her out of my lap ten times and she will still keep jumping up. She even makes noises like I'm irritating her. I thought she might be doing it because she was in heat, but she isn't. She also 'talks' ALL the time.

8. Lae

housecat?

9. BookLover

BookLover Active Member

If she was my cat, I'd check her food and water. I have two cats here, and they only seem to get needy and affectionate when they're out of food. :meh: As long as they have food, they want nothing to do with me.

10. Lewdog

Yeah it's just weird she flipped her personality one day and it's stuck. Even when I'm sleeping she will jump up on the bed, while making her grunt like noise, then either jump up and lay on top of me, or get in my face 'talking' to me.

11. Lae

Mine has done this this summer, it was as you said like a switch, he just started yaowling a lot, talking, bugging and generally being needy, hes a house cat too. Hes been 'done' but we think a local female is in heat although i could be a few things apparently, bizarre.

12. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

I've got to confess I'm feeling rather guilty tonight/this morning. I promised, yesterday, that I'd spend today doing reviews since I was off from work, but it turns out I had to do some housework and run some errands today, in addition to trying to clean up my mom and sisters computers (moving some files, removing adware, installing security, etc.) and troubleshooting our printers... When I got done, I couldn't even get on the site and I eventually fell asleep.

All this to say I'm sorry about not keeping to my word and commitment. I know if anyone reads this they'd say, "Don't worry too much, it's not that big a deal," or something like that, but I like to show good integrity where I can. :oops:

Mercissa, Okon and minstrel like this.
  13. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

You lowly piece of...orangutan? Awwwwww. MUST. AVERT. GAZE.

Sorry, I was going to insult you but your avatar got in the way. :(

Andrae Smith and GingerCoffee like this.
  14. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

That's what happens when you commit 102%. No matter how much integrity you have, you can't give more than 100%

Andrae Smith likes this.
  15. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

Thanks Cog. you're right. Guess I better slow my roll. The other half of integrity is knowing one's limits.

Nobody wants to insult a majestic-looking orangutan. :p

16. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

Not happy at all. My dog is sick, he won't eat (since Saturday), and the vet thinks he might have a stomach tumor. Or an ulcer, but the point is moot because if he doesn't eat . . .

17. GingerCoffee

That's so sad. Sorry to hear that. My dogs are getting older, I do hope they don't develop early heath problems.

18. Catrin Lewis

From your lips to God's ears. My dog is only 10, and I expected him to be around the next four years at least.

19. Mercissa

Mercissa Member

That's very unfortunate. I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you asked the vet on tips to him to eat? The vet is an expert after all.

20. Catrin Lewis

Thank you.

Yes, and there was just no way; even the vet's people weren't able to get him to eat on Monday and he was not-so-slowly starving to death. He was bleeding internally and he had a bad night last night. I took him back to the vet's yesterday evening to have him put to sleep. Very sad now.

21. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss :friend:

22. Lewdog

I'm a big pet lover myself, and my heart goes out to anyone that has to put a pet down before its time.

23. GingerCoffee

Gawd I hate Word!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted: HATE.

Pisses me off how much time I waste with the ignorant formatting program.

For no obvious reason my paragraph indents just disappear willy nilly. :mad:

But mostly right now I'm pissed because I wasted so much time trying unsuccessfully to get my word count back on the status bar. I guess it's the notebook version or something. I can get the word count popup window fine but I can't get the status bar to show.

So I read help and search online.

"Rightclick the status bar"

Does nothing.

Go to this menu or that menu, none of which exist on my screen.

So I try searching for Mac Word, the right year etc. Same thing. Whatever the instructions are, they don't match what is on my screen.

!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted: HATE.

jannert likes this.
  24. Mercissa

Mercissa Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

25. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss. There's not much one can say in situations like this, but time does help and eventually you're left with memories of the good times; they will last a life-time.

I remember when we had to put our family cat to sleep a few years back. He and I shared a special bond ever since we got him, and I will always remember the drive to the vet where my sister had taken him: @KaTrian and I dropped everything and hurried over to get to say good bye. It was a beautiful summer day, so the vet agreed to give the injection outside on a grassy field, under a tree since the cat always loved to be outside. We were all gathered around him and I held him until his last breath. Then I carried him to our car, drove him to my sister's house, and we buried him into a small grove behind the house. It felt good to do some physical labor at that time, sweat out the anger I felt at the world, the sadness and frustration of not being able to do anything helpful.

It's good to be with loved ones during such times. I hope you'll feel better soon. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.