The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

So I woke up this morning and headed to the BBC News site, only to find that Leslie Neilsen is dead :(

The world seems a little less bright now.

2. mummymunt

mummymunt New Member

Yeah, I just found out about Leslie as well. RIP, mate, love ya.

3. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    RIP Leslie Nielson - you made Dracula so much cooler. :(

4. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

RIP Leslie Neilsen, indeed.

I have a slight problem of my own. Admittedly, this isn't death, but I'll be damned if it isn't an absolute pain. There's a foot of snow outside. I've battled past it to get into the library and write some of my dissertation. Unfortunately, it appears my knee is insanely sensitive to cold weather, and has decided that I'm not going to get through this cold snap without it seizing up. Possibly in part as a result of the slip yesterday when I nearly managed to dislocate it again.

Oh well. 250 more words on the diss and then home, I think.

5. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I've felt like throwing up all day. I feel like I'm going to because of the butterflies in my stomach. They aren't butterflies as much as they are fire-breathing dragons. Or maybe little pushpins jabbing at me.

Tomorrow is going to be a big step for me. I feel like I have been making a lot of them lately. People say that doing these things will make you feel empowered, but all I feel is out of control and horribly exposed. I have been reading a lot, hoping that the information will make me feel more in control. Knowledge is power? Knowledge is only making me feel more afraid, insecure, and doubtful.

6. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

My mood recently has just been very.... blech. :(

7. Corbyn

Corbyn Lost in my own head Supporter Contributor

My college, which has been a crappy experience for me at best.. Has decided to once again attempt to screw me over. Had I ever realized what a pain in the neck it was going to be to get an education.. I might have just decided to say forget it. It's not my fault they can't get they're act together, but are they going to own up to that?? No... They're going to charge me an arm and leg on top of what they already took and then they MIGHT.. MIGHT let me away with a piece of paper that says ... yes you can transfer out of here... It just makes me sooo ... *grrrrrrrrrrrrr* MAD!

8. star_fire

star_fire New Member

hope it gets better for you corbyn ^^

speaking of college.....i room with a bully. a downright horrid, manipulating, terrible person. since i'm laid back and don't really speak up (because the thought of making anyone upset at me really bothers me) i have allowed her to walk all over me. but today i decided enough was enough, dragged her to a meeting with the RA, and had a heart to heart (namely i cried and felt horrible while she continued to make snide remarks) now i am expected back to the room tonight (which i am moving out of as soon as i find someone to room with, and really ticks me off because she's getting her way) so she can "talk" to me.

*snort* yeah, right. screw this, i'm letting loose on her if she insults me in any way.

so yeah, GREAT college experience. wewt! *rolls eyes*

9. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

I know exactly how you feel on this. I hate the idea of making someone upset at me because of my actions. Not so much because of what they think of me, but because I dislike making anyone upset in general.

Sucks that you have to deal with such a person.

10. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

Hope it goes over well. :/

I know why I'm unhappy. It's 1:12am, and I'm not in bed. Instead, I'm online. My lightbulb burnt out, and I have a phobia of sleeping in the dark, so sleep, while desperately needed, cannot be achieved. And I've had a headache for well over a month now. Standard medication isn't killing the pain like it did the first few times. Anyone know if having a headache and bodyaches for over a month requires seeing a doctor?

11. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I posted an excerpt in another writing fourm and asked where I'd go from there, but I got no responses.

Although it's probably nothing, I have that voice in the back of my head that says, "It's terrible, isn't it?"

It sucks. :(

12. Dante Dases

More likely to be of a high standard if criticism isn't coming in. Come on, think positive and repeat after me:

"The lack of criticism is praise in absentia."

13. Banzai

I'm watching the debacle of the tuition fees rise debate going on, and getting gradually angry. So far I've seen Vince Cable and Tim Farron try and excuse it, none of which has come close to justifying their change of tack. We've filled London with student protesters, and still they won't listen. All we're asking is for them to keep the promise (singular) which they were elected on.

14. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

In a cruel twist of fate, I just came down with a pretty bad cold last night. It wouldn't be too big of a deal, but I'm scheduled to record vocals at the studio this weekend and this is a huge setback. Does anyone know of a surefire way to clear out the metric ton of phlegm that has settled in the back of my throat? It really prevents me from being able to sing high...

15. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

^ I currently have a cold, and I think one of the best solutions is to eat hot and spicy food apparently (other than the obvious eating a lot of citrus fruit etc.). Hopefully your cold clears in time for when you're recording vocals.

Oh, and at home they have snow. I want to be there. :( Here there is no snow and it is just freezing cold.

16. Banzai

Snow gets old very quickly. Like when you're out in it. Or stuck in it.

17. star_fire

star_fire New Member

i'll trade you, banzai. *glances out window* right now it's pouring outside and just downright cold and miserable.

so meeting with the RA didn't go well, and the aftermath was even worse. got back to the room last night after letting the roomate cool down and started to work on my homework.

problem: she hadn't cooled down after an hour apparently.

she apologized for two really minor things (funny, you'd think you'd start off apologizing for the bigger things that upset me in the first place) and then proceeded to verbally attack me.

it was a horrible (the best synonym that i can think of that i know i can post online) move i pulled, she said, by going to the RA. if i have a problem i should go to her first. i'm a little liar and don't care for anyone's feelings.

hypocrisy anyone?

so i just up and left, walking around outside in the rain because i had no one to go to, the hall advisors didn't want to help me, and i have no way of contacting my parents. slept on a friend's floor last night. i really need to move out of the room today, but the hall advisors say that in order to do that i need to find someone else to room with. and the only person available lives right across from me right now (excluding the fact that there's two empty rooms on the next floor. but nooooo those are only for worse cases *snort*)

/rant, sorry

18. Dante Dases

Yep. Got a foot of the ****e outside. Another foot forecast. Wonderful.

19. Corbyn

You wrote it.. it can't suck :p At least that is what I tell myself. It might need work.. lots of work.. but it doesn't suck. post it here?

20. Link the Writer

All right. I'll post it under general writing. :)

21. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Edited.

Nevermind. I'm offended and hurt. Oh, concerned now, say you? No... continue to speak about poor, old Leslie Nielson and the weather. Whatever, forget it, bygones.

Meh. I'm off to take a test. Good night.

22. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

Well I woud be concerned either way. Whats wrong? :(

23. Link the Writer

We are concerned. Tell us! What's wrong?

24. Corbyn

Knowledge is great but if it's something that big that your worried about it maybe you should talk to someone? Talking never hurts and if you don't have anyone to listen just say so... I've got an open ear...

25. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

I feel like that, too. I don't want to upset people, and I internally cringe if I see the situation going foul, even though I had no control over it. I hope you get your new room and quickly, star_fire.

That does suck. Don't doubt yourself, though.

Yeah, spicy foods will clear that up. I have my own remedy, however, and would be pleased to share. Just pop an atomic fireball in your mouth. The cinnamon clears the junky sensation at the back of your throat. Hope it helps ya :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.