The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlVic

AlVic Member

Oh no, I meant in a story. In my last story, I let the third person narrator blend with the character's thoughts. He (or I, I guess) was expressing the protagonist's deteriorating mental illness

2. PensiveQuill

PensiveQuill Senior Member

True. But they are annoying all the same. I once belonged to a typology forum. One individual there took issue with me and used to do drive-by PM's. Didn't even have the balls to say it out loud where everyone could see. I got sick of my data allowance being chewed up with notifications from psycho. So I turned off PMs and eventually got sick of the entire forum anyway. It was just a circle jerk of I'm an empath and we are like the best ever! No you're not, I'm a logic thinker and here watch me trounce all over your empathy with my superior logic. Talk about mental masturbation...decided I'd rather write something if I want to wank off.

3. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

That does sound interesting. Give us writers a holler if you nee help and we'll see what we can do. :D

I agree. Sometimes there are things you should not waste your time on.

And everyone, look, this is going to sound like a shameless plug-in in which I'll likely be punished for, but Historium.com isn't really that bad. It's got a few rough spots and takes some getting used to, but it's decent and informative enough for any history buffs. :D They take their stuff seriously, which is why some go psychotically nuts (metaphorically) if someone suggests something false or seems to have an agenda. So...yah. :p I'm...going to go on over there for a while and see what's up. Continue with the topic of what makes you a not-happy bunny. <scurries off>

GingerCoffee likes this.
  4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Crap! A mouse died in the wall of my closet. I had to take the clothes out to keep them from absorbing the smell, but I think the only way to find the bugger is cut the drywall or climb under the house, neither thing I want to do. Otherwise it takes weeks for mummification to progress and the smell to subside.:mad:

5. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Try taking cotton balls and soaking them in Febreeze and sitting them in your closet.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  6. AlVic

AlVic Member

Well, the main character buys a dresser from a woman, and her father comes to try and get it back, because it contains *PLOT DRIVING MACGUFFINS*. So his house gets broken into (or so he thinks. The antagonist failed to actually break the lock. So the narration starts saying things like "That evil old man broke in and re-arranged his stuff, to drive him insane. He wanted him to be a whimpering, gibbering mess when he came to steal it back." A paranoid delusion, yet it seems to be shared by the narrator, rather than verbally (or mentally) expressed by the protagonist.

7. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Well, took everything out of the closet and the dead thing is definitely in the wall or the crawlspace. Think I'll hire someone to go under the house. It's worth it not to have to go myself.

minstrel likes this.
  8. Lewdog

You sure it isn't your dogs just following you around dropping dog farts? Those can be brutal! :D

9. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown Senior Member

Today I'm not happy about the fact that a local agricultural fair that I'd like to go to is hard to get to because so many others go to this fair that it you have to deal with bad traffic jams before finally getting there.

10. Sword

Sword Member

Why does my entire life have to be an ongoing existential crisis? I just want to be carefree sometimes.

11. Swiveltaffy

Swiveltaffy Contributor Contributor

Holy fuck, I know exactly what you mean, yo.

Sword likes this.
  12. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

both last friday and today my tutors have been off college ill, last friday wasnt a problem as i could get on with the social policy work, but today, im supposed to start my second psychology assignment, and i am confused as hell over what im supposed to be doing with it... ive got the instructions but trying to get the information is a pain and i cant find much at all.

its all well and good for me as i didnt have to pay for the course, but there are quite a few that did and this is frustrating for them, and no one really knows what we are supposed to be doing.

13. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

The Samsung behemoth of a fridge freezer from my last few posts is finally GONE! Good riddance! Now I have to go and buy it all over again...:rant:

minstrel likes this.
  14. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

@jazzabel By 'it' do you mean the same brand and model again? Let's just hope whichever store you buy from has better customer service than last time round. There's a bit of a difference between returning an iron and a behemoth fridge. ;)

15. stevesh

stevesh Banned Contributor

Not happy when long-time members change their avatars. Confuses me.

minstrel and jazzabel like this.
  16. obsidian_cicatrix

Same here... I was reading a post and thought, "Wow, that newbie is a ringer for Jazz." Ahem. :rolleyes:

jazzabel likes this.
  17. Lewdog

Glad to know I can irritate so many different people with the click of my mouse. :agreed:

18. jazzabel

Sorry @stevesh and @obsidian_cicatrix I change my avatar all the time. There was Uma Thurman, Borg Queen, several screen caps of me, Katinka Ingabovninanana lasted inordinately long time to be honest. But she might be back, when I get bored with impersonating Wendy from South Park :D

I'm considering a Samsung fridge again because basically, in the price range it looks the best value for money. Only a better model, slightly more expensive. And to get it from John Lewis, It'd be delivered using their service, and within 10 working days. There isn't all that much choice, really.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    obsidian_cicatrix likes this.
  19. Swiveltaffy

@stevesh : I know I'm not a long-term member or anything but possibly prepare for more confusion.

jazzabel likes this.
  20. obsidian_cicatrix

@Swiveltaffy

Aye... same here. Mine has just about worn out its welcome.

jazzabel likes this.
  21. stevesh

stevesh Banned Contributor

You can count on me forever being David Pearson.

jazzabel likes this.
  22. Swiveltaffy

@obsidian_cicatrix : Yeah, it happens. I'm gonna try and find a really subtle was to be angsty.

@stevesh : I will count on it; it's already iconic.

obsidian_cicatrix likes this.
  23. jazzabel

@stevesh : It's a good looking avatar, I say keep it ;)

@obsidian_cicatrix : Maybe use one of your artworks as your avatar? :)

24. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

I don't plan to ever change my avatar. I'm lucky to have gotten one up at all.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  25. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

i have had a shift from hell at work, started out alright, put on a department by myself to get working on the delivery, which i am doing solidly for a couple of hours before the manager decides that i actually need help and gives me the most useless a**hole she could find, who spent most of the time talking, she had a go at him (i was still working at this point) a few times and after doing four or five boxes of delivery, he has the cheek to tell me what i should be doing, right at the end of the shift when ive been the one to do most of the work.

it took everything i had not to either scream at him, burst into tears or do something irrational. i ended up walking off with the overs and putting them away in the stockroom. what did make me feel a little better was one of the other guys (who was there when he and i had this conversation) came over to me and said that i had handled it the best i could.

ive never felt so upset in my entire life, just because of someone's attitude towards me and how i had worked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.