The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

So not happy with university bureaucracy :mad:.

2. Adenosine Triphosphate

Adenosine Triphosphate Member Contributor

Cracked the screen of my iPod. :(

3. KaTrian

Don't worry, that'll just make you look cool. :agreed: (she said, hoping everyone will think she's cool with her cracked-screen S4).

T.Trian, GingerCoffee and Komposten like this.
  4. outsider

outsider Contributor Contributor

Got a letter through the post telling me that I drove in a bus lane (thanks Glasgow City Council for ruining the city centre with your cash cow). A £60 fine for that if its paid within two weeks. I then took my kid, my mother and my sister and her kids out to lunch, only to be stopped by two coppers (not traffic police) on the way back from that, driving on what to all intents and purposes is a dual carriageway, through an Industrial Estate, on a bank holiday Monday. I received another fine of £100 for doing 47MPH in a 30MPH zone. 30MPH? It's a fucking dual carriageway in a non-residential area. Robbing bastards, the lot of them. The U.K. as I remember it, is done and dusted. Greedy, opportunistic capitalists; the councils, the police force, the Government. They kick the working man in the balls and line their pockets at the same time whilst criminals get compensation for hurt feelings in bullshit human rights cases.
    I sound like some crazed, right wing lunatic but really, I'm not, but I really am however, fed up with being shafted from every direction.
    RANT OVER!:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Megalith likes this.
  5. Megalith

Megalith Contributor Contributor

I don't know how bad it is there but in the states their are places where those fees can easily triple or more if you aren't on top of paying them. Just to get a recurring monthly payments going costs money to set up. It can get ridiculous... changing 200$ fines to thousands of dollars!

6. outsider

outsider Contributor Contributor

Here too, if I don't cough up these fines will double, treble etc. Words can't appropriately articulate how pissed off I am man.

7. AlcoholicWolf

AlcoholicWolf Senior Member

I am not happy right now because I have a headache, my teeth hurt, and I had hitherto a very nice routine going whereby I would have the small, stuffy kitchen to myself on an evening so I could watch Big Bang and Two and a Half Men while eating my dinner.

My routine has recently been completely shattered by a group of people who have decided they no longer want to use their big, spacious kitchen (which in the last month has become too popular for them) and instead want to use the small, stuffy kitchen to watch their programs. I am generally quite forgiving but I like my schedule and it infuriates me when it is disturbed!

8. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

I just realized that writing a whole lot for two classes about mental illness has all-fucking-kinds-of triggered me. And that's why I'm in a down phase and feeling like shit. Looks like fuck-all will be accomplished today!

9. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

I missed my appointment last week and I'm out of meds. I feel like shit run over by a sewage truck.

10. Jack Asher

That is some world class bullshit. Try calling in your refills anyway, the pharmacy might fax your doctor in order to get the authorization, and then get your refills.

11. Lewdog

My doctor's office is a joke. They wouldn't even call in refills after I broke my leg. They just said that I could call and reschedule after I got out of the hospital. It's all a racket for money.

12. KaTrian

Oh shit, that's awful. :( Not to mention dangerous if you're using something like opiates.:eek: Hang in there!

13. Jack Asher

Yes, because opiates are the best way to combat a mood disorder.

Trust me going off your anti-psychotic may not be as bad medically, but it's still plenty fucking dangerous.

14. KaTrian

I was thinking back to him mentioning chronic pain problems. I'm not saying "going off anti-psychotics is easy-peasy but DEM OPIATES NOW THAT'S DANGEROUS!!1" :dry:

T.Trian likes this.
  15. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

After over 30 minutes in a telephone queue (I moved from place 30 to 18) my phone card runs out of cash. Gah!!! :bigmad:

16. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Fuckity fuck. I own a shell company in Canada for business reasons (no employees, no income, just shuffling money around) and I just found out that it owes fifteen thousand dollars in taxes. I thought I'd taken care of all the taxes last year - this was unexpected. I don't have a spare fifteen grand sitting around. Dunno how I'm going to deal with this, but I am

NOT HAPPY!!

17. Lewdog

Is there a reward for turning you in? Maybe we can split that and it would help paying towards your taxes. I'd hate to see you go to Canadian jail where they serve you pancakes with real maple syrup every day and ham they call bacon.

BrianIff likes this.
  18. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

[​IMG]

19. DiscoMacaque

DiscoMacaque Member

Props for using Uncle Penny Bags!

20. m.j.kane

m.j.kane Member

Been there!
    Well, I still am there. :meh:

KaTrian likes this.
  21. AlcoholicWolf

AlcoholicWolf Senior Member

I would like to put in that I have been a recreational user of opiates and tincture for a good few years, and it did no harm to me. It was just very addictive.

22. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

@GingerCoffee @KaTrian @Megalith I have this problem when I get really irrational. At the time, I feel totally sane and aware and in control. But once the moment passes, I realize how ridiculous my worry was. I think it's part of my anxiety. It's why I first started therapy. And my therapist always recommends I write out my problems to help me sort through what I'm feeling. Which I did here, but not properly. I'll do better next time. :p

At the moment, in my sane frame of mind, I know my husband would never cheat on me. But I also know he's very flirty. He has never been with a woman as jealous as me so he's never had to set boundaries before. But we're working on it. :)

23. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Start a symptom diary. See if your feelings are related to your menstrual cycle. Not saying that's the answer, I don't buy the PMS complaint for every woman who has ever been assertive. But I used to have a very specific monthly emotion I can only describe as, worry with nothing specific to be worried about. I couldn't make it go away, but I did come to recognize it was merely a strong estrogen swing.

24. KaTrian

I'm always out of there... almost... So close! :nosleep:

It's stressful to live in the shadow of will-the-prescription-be-renewed 'cause with opiates (or in this case an opioid), the problem is that so many people use them recreationally and try to scam them from doctors, so docs are super wary about prescribing them, especially in bigger quantities -- which is really bad for people who live with chronic nerve pain. I don't know how the system works over there, but here being a chronic pain patient is a constant struggle, as if living with the pain wasn't enough, but getting medicinal relief is also made as difficult as possible. You'll end up spending hundreds in appointments at private sector doctors because the public sector docs won't prescribe what you need cos they're worried you get addicted (of course you'll get addicted), or start abusing or selling them, and then get the doctor in trouble because of that. Which is annoying because we're paying super high taxes in order to have those services available to us.

Going cold turkey when you're already in pain (and under other medication, for example anti-depressants) and your body has gotten used to the drug for years and years is not just incredibly uncomfortable but also dangerous. Well, I'm no medical professional, but this is what I've been told by nurses and doctors who've helped my significant other to withdraw.

Good for you if it hasn't done any harm. It hasn't done harm to me either, but then again, I don't suffer of excruciating chronic nerve pain.

25. m.j.kane

m.j.kane Member

Lucky you! I still have another year left.
    I just hate how nobody in charge at uni knows anything. The responsibility is so divided everyone is helpless to help you with anything.
    This is why democracy has failed! (just kidding)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.