The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Don't worry, we just think you're crazy and are being polite.

Lavarian likes this.
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

I don't want to believe you because if there really are ghosts, I'm not going to sleep a wink ever again. Just the idea of something possibly being able to harm me while I can't harm it back scares me shitless, so no thanks, it's all in @Lewdog's head, just a hallucination, whew, calm down now...

3. sashawrites

sashawrites Member

I can't pinpoint when I started or why I chose to hurt myself in that way which is weird. Brains are trippy.

4. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Don't worry, not all ghosts are harmful. If I died and became a ghost, I'd be the sort of ghost that'd laugh and have a good time hanging out at your place.

KaTrian likes this.
  5. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

Been noticing something odd in music videos of crappy pop songs lately. Apparently it's now cool to cram as many celebs as possible into one video? Sorry guys, it's pretty lame.

6. Link the Writer

Acid stomach + Insomnia = Miserable Night.

Got nothing else to say about it, really.

7. No-Name Slob

No-Name Slob Member Supporter Contributor

My kids were up way too late over the past few days due to summer and holiday festivities. Now, they'd give the spirits who possessed the little girl in The Exorcist a run for their money.

Despite all of this, I seem to have suffered from temporary insanity and decided to take them to paint pottery this morning after breakfast. The fun trip ended when my two year old daughter began screaming "MORE PAINT! IS MINE! NOWWW!!!!" and standing on her chair, crying. The place is extremely small and run by already irritated teenagers. So I snatched her up, even though no one was finished with their pieces and tried to pay the teenage girl at the counter 60 fucking dollars while she rang me up at snails pace, and in the meantime every man, woman and child in the place stared on with disgust like I must be the worst mother in the world.

I just unloaded 60 bucks for a public beat down. I must be the world's most eager masochist.

Officially looking into boarding school. ;)

Ben414 likes this.
  8. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

It only gets worse. As a liberal I advise upon strict, authority-based systems of fear and control. Never reveal anything, remain entirely mysterious and aloof with archaic positions on every social issue, consider extreme religiosity.

Ben414 and No-Name Slob like this.
  9. No-Name Slob

Jesus. I'd hate to hear the parental advice you'd give if you were a conservative. ;)

10. matwoolf

I can try if you like, I am flexibly bankrupt on this topic. Just waiting for them all to get pregnant. Then I can step in, save the day, their careers. Probably the youngest grand-parent on the planet, probably will be in magazines and stuff.

11. No-Name Slob

What if they all got pregnant at the same time? I can see the headlines now ...

12. matwoolf

Technically impossible, I was talking in the round-a-bout fashion. But god I was great with a gang of six year olds. It's not the sort of thing you can say at work, but, you know when you corrall (sp) all the toddlers at dawn, take them dune skipping, ride cows and stuff. Pottery sounds okay, it's those 'happy sheds' I hate, the scent of sock - and the hatred for all the other daddies being super great chasing their kids, and you have to beat them, be more effervescent, impressive with your own off-spring, till finally it's only you and the fella chasing each other, kids just watch with their cokes.

I gotta sleep now, busy day at the farm tomorrow, delete this in the morning, yawwwn.

jannert and No-Name Slob like this.
  13. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

I had a dream about an old male friend of mine last night.. And now I'm sad.

I met him in the sixth grade. He was one of the first people I had ever met that seemed almost exactly like me. We clicked almost immediately. We were friendly all through high school, even though most of my middle school friend abandoned me during my goth phase. He was always so sweet and nice and didn't care that I looked different. To him, I was still the same person he'd always known.

After high school, we didn't really keep in touch. Then I ran into him about three years later. We started hanging out again. I'd go to his house nearly every day and just hang out. Watch tv, take naps, whatever. He was my best friend. But then he started hitting on me. Any other time, I would've been okay with it. But he had a long-term girlfriend, I was dating someone. It just didn't seem right. After he didn't listen to subtle cues to stop, I had to lay down the rules of our friendship...

..And I never saw him again. He stopped returning my calls and answering my texts. I was heartbroken. I loved him. In a friendly way, sure, but I had and still have a lot of love for him. I tried reaching out to him a couple years ago. I apologized for hurting his feelings, admitting that maybe if I would've just stop trying to control things, our relationship may have turned out differently. And he never responded.. He got all super Christian since we hung out. And someone said he'd changed, in a bad way. Cut out all of his old friends and people who reminded him of all the "bad things" he'd done. I guess I just became the girl he almost cheated on his girlfriend with..

He was in my dream last night, standing with a group of people near my house. I yelled his name and ran up to him. He took one look at me and hugged me and picked me up and spun me around. It felt so good to just see him again, to have him hug me and let me know that he missed me as much as I missed him.

I guess that's the best goodbye I'm ever going to get.. :meh: :(

14. RachHP

RachHP Senior Member

@Lea`Brooks :friend:That's really sad!
    Loving people is tricky and losing them is trickier still. If it helps I find, when closure is lacking, it's time for the big guns...*hands over virtual ice cream* ;)

No-Name Slob and Lea`Brooks like this.
  15. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Rehab on my back starts tomorrow morning. I know it isn't going to do any good, but try telling the doctor that. :superwhew:

16. Link the Writer

That sucks. :<

Hey everyone. So today I saw a guy standing out by a public building near the curb of the road holding the Confederate flag. In full view of everyone else. With a stern 'dare to stop me' look on his face.

Just... ugh, why!?! >:[

17. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Yikes! I made a political comment on a Channel 4 news video showing on Facebook last night. And this morning I got up to more than 400 'likes' and nearly as many replies to my comment. My first FOUR pages of my Inbox were covered in notifications—most of them agreeing with me, but there's one persistent nay-sayer that the others seem to be taking on, on my behalf. They've tapered off slightly, but geez. I tried turning off notifications on this post, but they're still trickling through. So when will I learn to keep my big keyboard shut, eh?

Masked Mole and KaTrian like this.
  18. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Are you sure this is a not happy thing? :D

jannert likes this.
  19. Link the Writer

This is why I usually stay away from politics and Facebook. It's a feirce, bloody battle that I don't want to get myself involved in.

20. jannert

Yes. I'm never too old to learn, am I? I've just never quite stirred up so much flack before, though. Ach well. Peace for the moment, anyway. Notifications from Facebook blocked. Yay.

21. Masked Mole

Masked Mole Senior Member

Nice humble brag. I see what you did there. ;)

jannert likes this.
  22. jannert

It's not so much that they're reacting to me, but they're having an argument among themselves over the topic ...and I'm getting all the notifications. I've ended up turning off ALL my Facebook notifications for the time being, in hopes this will die down. Soon. Bloody hell....:bigeek:

23. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

Really curious now, but I have to ask. I promise not to start arguing :)

24. jannert

Well, here's a screen shot (my identity hidden) of the remarks that caused the storm. Sheesh....

Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 14.10.15.png

25. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

Hmm, doesn't sound that controversial, just drawing attention to the 600-pound gorilla in the room it seems. Cool, thanks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.