The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

Hi, Wreybies

I didn't know those pics may be unlike the forum rules. I sent the pics because they were relative to the subject that I wrote about.
    Well tell me, how I can use a spoiler tag in future? I don't know how to use it.

Thank you

2. Mans

Out of any admiration I have to say, Iran had been always a haven for civilians affected by war. In the past decades, about 2'000'000 of Afghans fled into Iran because of the war between the US and Taliban.
    Iran in charges didn't close the door on those people, specially that the most of them were women and children. This huge population of refugees stayed in Iran for many years and still some of them live in Iran ( of course after the end of the war, the most of them returned to Afghanistan.)
    Also a little group of Bosnian migrated to Iran for a while, because of the racists' war versus Bosnian Muslims. I don't know accurately how many they were but maybe around 10'000 more or less.
    Also some other groups of civilians from other counties engaged in war refuge in Iran but they were not many.

Recently, Syvanka Danapala, representative of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees traveled to Iran and had some meeting with in charges of Iran.
    He appreciated the government and nation of Iran because of their kindness and pity to the emigrant people that left their land and took refuge in Iran because of the unwanted wars in their areas.

He said:" it is more than 30 years that Iran sheltered a large part of the foreign refugees and the Islamic republication of Iran fulfill its obligations effectively regards to the coordination of humanitarian assistance , in the various critical situations"

3. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

I don't see why @Mans is expected to be official spokesperson for the Islamic Republic. Can he not express a common distress at shocking images?

...author deletes subsequent political mouth wash type speech. Pen is too cowardly: will stick it in "character's" mouth instead.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    Sifunkle, Tenderiser and Mans like this.
  4. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

[spoile*r][/spoiler]

Without the *, though.

Example:

Someone important dies in Return of the Jedi.

KaTrian likes this.
  5. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Thanks, I think that's what I should do. :) Unfortunately changing is not possible, not yet anyway, if I want to ride at all because there aren't that many riding schools in the area. :(

Thanks for the advice :). We're going to do some show-jumping for a couple of weeks, so let's see how that'll go. If she seems equally unhelpful, I'm going to have to take it up with her after-class.

Thanks, this helped. Lack of compliments doesn't bother me that much, even her snide remarks aren't hurtful. I think I just pay more attention to how she speaks, what she says, and how she teaches in general because I'm a teacher myself and have a clear idea how it should be done and what are the definite no-nos (like putting down your student), but I can't deny these things bug me, mostly because I feel singled out, like whatever is the antithesis of a teacher's pet. :p

And I know there's more than one way to skin a cat; she teaches in her own way, fine. But it is precisely the lack of instruction that's my main gripe here. I'm there to learn. While she might refrain from complimenting when I'm doing something right here and there, there are definitely moments when I can instantly see and feel what I'm signaling to the horse isn't getting through, but I don't know why, and it's hard to ask questions when you're focused on twenty things at a time, so I'm expecting her to take the initiative because she, as a professional, can actually see the littlest of things wrong with, say, my posture, and for all I know it's a locked elbow or stiff knees that mess signals up. I'm not doing this competitively, not this semester anyway, so it's all about self-improvement now.

Anyway, thanks guys. I guess sometimes it's healthy to rant a bit. :p

obsidian_cicatrix likes this.
  6. Mans

matwoolf, I just responded to the question of Gingercoffee. My post was some explanation about what she wanted to know about refugees in Iran and I tried honesty to inform her about this matters.
    I also wrote a quote behalf the representative of UN that he mentioned Islamic republic.

7. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Impractical Jokers - don't know if you get this over in the US. It's an all-American show, but we soak that crap up over here, so maybe it was made especially for us.

Anyway, I hate it with a passion! The way those knobsacks fall about laughing hysterically over things that simply aren't funny. 'Go up to that woman and say vagina..' Fucking hilarious!

Here's a clip in case you have no idea what the hell I'm banging on about - although that would amaze me as the damn thing is fired into our eyeballs at every opportunity.

8. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

How does asking what Iran is doing make him an official spokesperson? :confused:

We don't get accurate news from Iran. The news currently found on events in Iran is quite slanted and sparse in US news sources.

I think you misunderstand. Not to mention I consider Mans my friend and we've discussed Iran in PMs in the past. My parents lived there for a year.

Mans likes this.
  9. matwoolf

sawwy x
    x

x

xx

<<woof>>

10. matwoolf

Oh yes GC - that's our 'thing.' I lived in Abadan 77,78

11. GingerCoffee

My parents were in Tehran about the same time.

12. matwoolf

Oh, I thought you might be Melissa. I put a lizard down her neck. I wanted to apologise.

13. GingerCoffee

Round about apology accepted. :p

matwoolf likes this.
  14. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

Belgium has this show with the same formula. I don't usually watch it, but sometimes I catch a glimpse of it and it's actually funny. Most times, though, being offensive and inappropriate counts as hilarious, and that's just not my kind of humor.

That version of the show really does look worse, though. But, I have to say I rarely enjoy 'American' tv-shows, they're always so... exaggerated. There's drama with EVERYTHING: baking, building a tree-house, cracking an egg, starting a business... I'm sure it's not like that with all tv-shows, but honestly that's the kind of things I see on tv.
    P.S: Americans, please don't be offended, I love you guys. I just don't like drama.

OurJud likes this.
  15. GingerCoffee

I finally get around to tearing up the deck that comes off an upstairs slider and is leaking into the door frame of the slider underneath it on the ground floor, it's full of dry rot, I knew that. But part-way through the tear-out where more wall is now exposed and along comes a fall thunderstorm. :(

Bad timing.

16. edamame

edamame Contributor Contributor

It's been a week since my relative entered the hospital and he's doing worse. I visited him today and I feel so anxious even though I know more family is going tomorrow. I try to distract myself from thinking too much but thoughts go back to him.

17. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

First day at my new job (Pier 1) totally sucked. The store manager, who set up my training day, didn't communicate with the assistant manager so she had no idea I was coming in today. They only have one desk with a computer, which was being used, so I had to stand at a computer at the register counter for five fucking hours. Have you ever tried watching tv for five hours while standing? My body went numb after a half hour. And what's worse? I wasn't allowed to take a break.

Then, all the associates, including the assistant manager, were bitching about the store manager and how she doesn't schedule then enough time to get tasks done. Meanwhile, they're all just standing there bitching, instead of using the time to actually fucking work.

All they did was gossip all day and talk bad about the other associates. I tell ya, it really put a sour taste in my mouth. I don't have to work. I want to work. But if today was any indication of how it'll be working there, it's not gunna go over well with me. I'm hoping my store manager is there tomorrow because we're gunna have a nice long talk about whether this is the right job for me.

18. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Well, it's official. My husband does have cancer. We won't know till next week if it can be treated or not. It's a complicated case. So ...not happy. Not surprised either, as I expected this verdict. But not nice.

19. Woof

Woof Senior Member

It's never as true as when someone else says it... removes that last bit of disbelief. I hope you both have the chance to fight it and I wish you strength.

jannert likes this.
  20. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Stay strong, the both of you. I hope you two kick the cancer in the ass.

jannert likes this.
  21. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

It's not easy, but it's possible and in the long run, actually feels pretty good. I avoid sitting too much, but I remember when I started standing more, my legs were pretty beat in the evening. But it got easier and easier. I could deliver two 4-hour English lectures in a row, no problem. Nowadays I alternate between standing or sitting on a "saddle chair." But it does take some getting used to!

Sorry to hear about your sucky job, though. :( I hope things'll turn out well in the end!

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear that. :( Suppose it's better to know than not know, but still... I really hope it'll be treatable! Stay strong. :friend:

jannert likes this.
  22. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

So sorry to hear that, Jannert :friend:

23. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Sorry to hear that Jannert, don't life get you down and live it to it's fullest.

That makes my complaints about how much I hate homework all the less important.

24. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

You can join me in my trivial complaining. Mine is that I have to fill in a 100-question form about data protection, providing evidence for each and every one of my answers. Joy.

25. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

The Sloth in me is winning lately.... need to get the bugger back into his cage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.