The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Then you turn it right side up again. If the other bottles are upside down you know the one right side up has been opened 3 times. :p

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

I've tried all sorts of things but there's some kind of miswire in my brain (in addition to the anxiety miswiring :p) that means nothing works. I'm also diabetic, and in the 15 years I took 8-10 injections a day, I only forgot a handful of times. Now I have an insulin pump and I never forget to use that. But pills? Forget it. Literally.

3. Aaron DC

Aaron DC Contributor Contributor

No. I was curious too.

4. Ben414

Ben414 Contributor Contributor

Me to [client name redacted]: No, I'm actually not going to help you ignore tens of thousands of child abuse/neglect cases to make the data look better. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure the main objective of my job isn't helping you look good for your boss.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  5. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

*huffs petulantly*

I don't have enough ear-flesh to pierce. I'm running out of room, damn it.

onetwo... three. Four, five, six... seveneight. Nine. Ten. My ears are pierced a total of ten individual times. I don't think I will get the inner bits done, nor my face, or anything else.

I'm really gonna miss that tattoo-shop smell, and the thrill of a new piercing. :superwhew:

6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

I have the same problem and unfortunately birth control pills don't come in a bottle. It's a sheet. Granted, with weekdays marked above every tab, but I constantly mix them up. So if I ever get pregnant, the baby will most certainly be the result of a pill mishap. :bigeek:

7. edamame

edamame Contributor Contributor

I snapped at some people today after they were being wishy-washy about plans. I hate being in limbo. I started talking to them well in advance so they can clear some time in their schedules. If they can give me a firm no, at least I wouldn't be wasting my time and can make some alternate plans. I'm disappointed in myself that I reacted in anger. I wish I knew how to communicate better. I tried to be understanding but people just drag their feet and nothing happens.

8. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Must not write that death scene for the character I like...

:( Dammit, even if the death is planned to happen in a future book (assuming), it still sucks to kill off a character you really like. I don't want to make myself epically depressed by this, yet I know this is what must happen. I'm having heartaches just thinking about it...

jannert likes this.
  9. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

Hey man, when the muse strikes, you gotta obey. :write:

At least it'll be out of your head?

10. Aire

Aire Banned Sock-Puppet

Well I just got fired from a job I love - well working with some of the staff, the other staff are just incompetent and sadly think they're "good". It's all in my little vent posting cause otherwise it'd be too long here.

Long story short - I am apparently "rude" and "abrasive". Yet I have been routinely complimented by clients on my people skills, my manners, and my customer service. For garbage training I caught on quick to this role - the one time I was sick, the person they called in to fill in for me was so incompetent she had people out the door & done the hall from our area on a quiet day [I never had that even on Fridays which last month were simply crazy]. And the staff I like working with [because simply put they're not incompetent] had some issues with my being fired - one broke down & the other went home early due to the injustice.

So yeah not a happy day - except it gives me leeway to say to the job that hired me to start next month, I can start next week. Every cloud has a silver lining, my friends; that's what you got to remember.

jannert likes this.
  11. KaTrian

I had such a busy week with all the trainings and projects I was responsible for I forgot to book my plane tickets. I've promised myself to do it on Monday, but I expect my employer won't be all that happy I didn't do it earlier. :(

jannert likes this.
  12. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

Sorry to hear that. Your work sounds interesting. Mind if I ask what you do?

13. KaTrian

I'm supposed to be a teacher (should be done with my MA this fall), but I got caught up in a training program for this big corporation (ugh, yes, a corp slave now), which means I train their employees. On the plus side, their train-the-trainer programs are abroad so I get to travel, but on the minus side, it's not as meaningful (albeit thankless) a job as raising the shining, future hopes of my nation in some high school. I'm actually hoping to get back to teaching kids, but I've found it difficult to shed my current duties. This is actually another not-happy I'm having right now. I don't know what do with my life/career. :(

jannert likes this.
  14. Link the Writer

This...kind of sucks. :( Sorry I can't be of much help here. Hope it gets better.

As for my not-happy? I'm getting a cold, I think. <grumbles and whines> :(

KaTrian likes this.
  15. KaTrian

Thanks. :) Tip: take a lot of vitamin C and drink ginger tea (or tea of some other flavor with ginger in it). It might not cure it, but it won't hurt either. ;)

Link the Writer likes this.
  16. Link the Writer

<sniffles>

I'll do that. I've got some tea in the tea cabinet I can prepare. :) Thanks.

KaTrian likes this.
  17. Ben414

Think of your current position as a stepping stone to becoming a teacher. Something along the lines of being exposed to different teaching techniques made for adults will allow you to bring innovation into teaching techniques for kids. You can always make your experiences into a benefit that other applicants don't have.

Good luck!

KaTrian likes this.
  18. KaTrian

Thanks :). I subbed in a couple of schools before this, and I liked it too. Both careers have their pros and cons. I just need to decide which way to go :/

Ben414 likes this.
  19. Ben414

If you figure out a good way to answer the big career question, I'd also be interested. :)

KaTrian likes this.
  20. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Aargh. I feel for you. I've been swithering over the same dilemma for a future book of my own. Waaaahhh! I don't wanna! But I know it makes sense. :(:(:(:(:(:bigfrown:

21. Link the Writer

It's just too painful. :cry: I don't want to put my MC through such emotional torment but...it kind of has to happen eventually. Poor, poor Mishu. :( She'd hit me good across the face were she real and we met on the streets.
    IRL, though, I have the sniffles with allergies. :supermad: GAH! GODDAMIT!! :supermad:

jannert likes this.
  22. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

An orca? With sniffles? Hmmm ....it'll take me a bit to get my head around that one.

23. Link the Writer

Even we get sick, owl! >:[

Oi vey. <sighs> Well, I'll just make myself a nice hot cup of tea and write today. :)

jannert likes this.
  24. Quixote's Biographer

Quixote's Biographer Active Member

I've set aside time, about an hour a day, for the past week now to write and my goal was around 1,000 words a day. It's now Sunday and the total amount of words I've written this week is... 0.

Every day I've opened my folder with all my half-written projects, my new ideas that I've barely started on or haven't started on, and I just can't figure out what to do.. I can't think of any brand new ideas either. Has anyone been in a similar situation? I'm ready to write, a lot, and really get into a fun story again, but I just can't get started or even pick what to start writing.

I'm not happy right now... It feels like a week of writing just down the drain with me sitting in my office staring at the screen but not doing anything.

jannert likes this.
  25. Link the Writer

I know the feeling. :[ It's like, "Why am I even doing this?" Here are some of the things that I found helpful:

- Start a smaller goal. Maybe a range of 200-500 words a day? If you can write more on a given day, do so, but start a smaller word count goal until you feel ready to bump it up a notch.

- Look at why you wanted to write those stories. What inspired you about them?

- Look at character motivations. Ask why they should give a crap about the plot.

- Mix and mesh story ideas and see what works best, or split a story idea into multiple versions. This has done a tremendous thing for my fantasy that I've thought about for the past 8 years or so. Turns out writing about world wars and blind assassins isn't my cup of tea, so I'm working on a different version of it and I'm much, much happier for that.

Hope this helps!

Quixote's Biographer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.