The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Eh? I'm a bit confused. This guy wanted a shag as payment-in-kind, for one of your kittens? He must reckon himself really really good in bed if he thinks his dick is worth more than cash!

Tenderiser likes this.
  2. OurJud

@jannert

I really hope your fella's op goes well and that both your recoveries are swift and successful.

jannert likes this.
  3. lisabeth

lisabeth Member

Most off these wankers do think that

4. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Haha maybe he thought when you said kitten you meant something else? :superlaugh:

5. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

My roomie had surgery to rebuild his shoulder on the 17th. He's home now, but is in extreme pain most of the time. He also needs a hip replacement, and it's hard (and painful) for him to get around, or to stand up for more than about three minutes at a time. I have to do nearly everything for him. In addition, we're in the middle of a home renovation, so the house is totally upside down and I can't find anything I need. I'm stretched very thin these days.

Argh.

6. Ben414

Ben414 Contributor Contributor

Plus you have to spend time gathering nuts for the winter!

7. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

Back problems are resurfacing. Oh boy, pressure's on now to be a successful writer. :meh:

8. edamame

edamame Contributor Contributor

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

I need to keep reminding myself this and be glad of what progress I make, even if it is small or others think it is inconsequential.

9. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Same here. What matters is how you progress, not how others progressed and no matter how big or small it is, progress is good.

10. OurJud

Shaving.

Yes, I know. This is taking White Whine and First-world Problems to a new level, but I cannot express how much I hate this process. First the irritation and 'grubby face' syndrome start, reminding you that a shave is necessary. You put it off for a few hours, but the irritation won't let up, so you traipse into the freezing cold bathroom and begin the laborious and painful procedure of scraping three layers of skin off your face.

11. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Beards. Check 'em out. They're cool and they make shaving unnecessary. You get to keep your face skin. You get to save time. You get to look older and Hemingway-esque. And, when you eventually do shave, you get to amaze and delight your mom! :)

OurJud and Komposten like this.
  12. OurJud

No, no, no, NO! Beards are not cool.

[​IMG]

Bewitched and Imaginarily like this.
  13. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

Personally I hate beards. :wtf: Not into the historian/cave-man look. Nope. Go away, beardos.

Tenderiser likes this.
  14. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

I think beards are hella sexy...well, some beards are...it also depends on the guy. I just don't like that it's so popular right now...it's not special anymore if everyone is doing it. And some guys I thought were cute are growing beards and it doesn't fit them but they're just doing it because its popular...ugh.

Also, I just got a job at a convalescent home a couple days ago and I noticed IMMEDIATELY that the people working there do not take their jobs seriously. They rarely wash the sheets and clothes and they spend most of the day sitting around pretending to work or gossiping in the lunch room. I brought one guy some food and he asked me in this sad voice, "Can you get me some new pants?" Because apparently he had pooped on himself and no one had brought him anything new to wear.

I brought him new pants, but THEN I noticed the laundry room is piled with stuff that no one is washing. So I spent hours washing the clothes and I even brought labels from home to put on the shelves and I organized everything. But I came into work today and someone had messed up everything I had done and mixed the clean clothes with the dirty clothes. And they took down my labels and they were on the floor.

So, I just went home...and now I'm here. :/

matwoolf likes this.
  15. Link the Writer

^ That sounds seriously messed up. Just...wow...

A TRUE NORD marks his manliness by the length of his beard! Just...don't set lit candle around them, OK? True Nords don't like that.

As for my Not Happy:
    Looking over what I've got thus far with my stories. All complete trash, total shit. Don't want to delete it. Want to keep going but my OCD-Neat Freak-Perfectionist nature is screaming, "NOOTTIICCE THIIIISSS!! AALL CRAAAAAAPP!!"

Afraid to keep going, afraid to not keep going. Afraid if I do, I wind up writing a completely different story within the same draft. Agh, why must writing be so difficult at times!? :cry::supermad:

16. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

I'm permanently attached to a drip. At a colleague's goodbye leaving lunch yesterday, it came out, on the one day I didn't have a spare with me. So I had to leave before the starters and got home with about 10 seconds to spare before I started vomiting from the lack of medication. Not fun. And my anxiety is making me worry that they will all think it was just as excuse for me to leave the lunch, which I was really looking forward to!

17. Lozboz

Lozboz Member

That's so sad. Can you report the home to an organisation or something?

I'm not happy because I feel very much stuck in a rut. I have no job and my writing is going no where. It seems no agent wants to give a new writer a chance.

18. Link the Writer

I'm in the same position you are. Writing not going anywhere and still trying to find a job. Trying to stay positive but some days I just want to sit down in the metaphorical pity chair and be a sour grump.

19. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Having to use this break from school to do homework is only making me want my netflix-filled, homework-less winter break to come faster.

Erik-the-Enchanter! likes this.
  20. OurJud

Report this place to the authorities, for goodness sake! And if they don't listen, go to a local newspaper.
    Sorry, T, that's awful all round.

21. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Yet another misguided attack on Planned Parenthood. Sigh.

22. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

Hello @Bewitched - do the right thing, but tread carefully - observations in the first week of a job, well, often they turn right upside down given the full picture of the surroundings and of the relationships - long term y'know. You'll have it sussed by end of week two, good luck.

23. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

So not happy and really it's nothing that I want to talk about on here even though I am posting on this thread. I guess I just wanted to vent, even if vague. and the worst part is I knew, I knew it was coming and I could have prepaid myself more and didn't. I was just hoping it would magically go away. But that would be the happy thread then....

24. Bookster

Bookster Banned

What? What post are you replying to?

25. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Sorry, not in the thread, in Colorado Springs Colorado, 3 killed, 9 more in the hospital. The guy's in custody now, after a five hour rampage he surrendered. It Appears he left explosive devices behind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.