The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miller0700

Miller0700 Contributor Contributor

I got yelled at today by a higher up by not getting a slip that he needed. He said he was really mad at the person who didn't let me get instead of me. I'm surprised he didn't get on her instead for her behavior instead of me.

2. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

Last week I landed a sub teaching job for today that would be a piece of cake. Undemanding work load, well-behaved students, a long, free planning period--- everything I needed to get some focused, extensive editing done on my novel. I was looking forward to it as a lover yearns for the embrace of his mistress. Then I got to school and--- I FORGOT TO BRING MY LAPTOP!!!!!

I'll never get this day back, never, never, never; oh, woe, woe, woe is me! :cry:

3. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

I could say ten uselessly useless things about how to prevent that anxiety for next time (and they say only guys give advice when people just want to be heard), but that would be . . . useless. But isn't it weird how a little emotional self-flagellation can actually make you feel better, sorta? Just don't do it for reals.

(Hope the files are there after all.)

4. Brindy

Brindy Senior Member

As a consequence of my marriage breakdown two years ago, my two Cavalier spaniels were re-homed. I knew very little about them other than they had gone together, which was something I insisted on. These dogs are my main characters in my children's time travel novel and today I contacted the rescue centre as I wanted to give them some of the books to sell at their next fundraiser. I didn't expect them to give me any details about the dogs, but they did. Today I learned that one of them died last year. Although I grieved for them when I re-homed them, I still found the news today difficult to cope with.

Some days are tougher than you think they are going to be.

5. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

^ That really sucks. =( R.I.P. for that dog.

As for my not happy...well, it's funny but ever since I started my YouTube channel, I've became somewhat bummed out that hardly anyone notices it, or even seem to care about it. There's one subscriber, yes, but they keep it private so I've no idea who subscribed, or if they're even watching. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, maybe I'm not following Step #2 and broadcasting my YouTube channel. Still, it kind of stings. If no one likes it, why don't they just tell me? It's like, ‘what am I doing wrong?’

And what's weird is that I initially started it just as a hobby, something I could do to pass the time but now that I officially have a YouTube channel, there's an internal gut feeling compelling me to make it bigger, grander and, it's...I know it's kind of pathetic to act like a whiner because no one owes me a damn thing because I can post videos on YouTube. Woo, right? One part of me says, ‘Why do I bother making these if no one will watch it?’ Another part says, ‘It's a hobby, man! Who cares?!’ Naturally, these oppositions veiws are at war with each other and I don't really know what to do about it. :/

I hope I don't sound like an overly-entitled whiner, just wanted to put these thoughts out of my mind.

@Catrin Lewis - All the files are still there. =) Apparently all it does, when you uninstall, is free up memory space for more games. Don't ask me how it works.

6. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

Annnddd my roommate is getting laid off. Awesome. He has two months until he loses his job, two months of severance pay after that, and some money in savings. But knowing my luck, he's not going to look for a new job for another six months and return to the lazy ass bum he used to be.

Can't fucking wait.

I hate my roommate... -_-

7. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

What am I supposed to do when a fellow manager, who happens to be buddies with the bosses, doesn't do his job?

I can't tell him what to do because I'm not his boss. We're on the same level, and I know I'd be annoyed if he tried to tell me what to do. But because he isn't doing what he's told, it's affecting me. I'm the one who is going to be held responsible because, officially, it's part of my position. But I can't do it alone, which is why my boss told fellow manager to help me. And he isn't.

I can't tell on him. I mean, I can. But what good would that do? He's friends with both our bosses. They've worked together for a long time. They gave him this position. And they know he isn't doing what he's supposed to. This isn't the first time it's happened. So would they do anything about it this time? Probably not. And then I would look like the complaining tattler.

It's a conundrum, really. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

8. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    The third and the fifth are a lovely reminder of just how much of a loser I am. Not that it matters I wish I could forget the day I got married, nor the day my divorce was finalized. I hate having to remember that I am incapable of being happy, because I am bad at being human. FML ZFG, Time to test the old liver for a long weekend. Cheers to being a complete fucking failure! :(

matwoolf and Brindy like this.
  9. Brindy

Brindy Senior Member

I feel for you. Tomorrow would've been my wedding anniversary too. My(2nd) set of divorce papers arrived a few weeks ago, so I shall join you in a glass or two.

Cave Troll likes this.
  10. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

You're 29, relax!

11. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    YMMV, but divorce was the best thing that ever happened to my parents' marriage. No more moving in and out of the house, no more smashing family heirlooms, no more law enforcement involvement, just about four years or so of dating and new spouses for each of them, all taken care of in their early 40s.

12. cydney

cydney Banned

Feeling sorry for myself makes me unhappy. And I'm feeling sorry for myself!

But I'm working on it...I think...:blowkiss:

13. Cave Troll

@Brindy Cheers! To the loss of ones we loved, and lost.
    Picture 39.jpg

matwoolf and Brindy like this.
  14. edamame

edamame Contributor Contributor

Job searching and just had my first phone interview in a long time. I was really nervous, talked fast and kept going "um." There were awkward pauses after I finished. A shame, because the interviewer seemed to like my answers.

15. cydney

cydney Banned

I'm a little ill. A little nervous, a little sick and it's not physical. :(

16. Link the Writer

Roaches. Just fucking roaches. What's the point of them? If you believe in a god, then that God was clearly smoking when he/she/it made them. Small jittery little... that dart around, seemingly only a torso with legs and worse: they can survive several days without a head as I once learned to my gruesome horror as a child.

Today I discovered one in the coffee making machine and had to spend the last half hour scrubbing it down and then rinsing the soap off because apparently soap is difficult to get out from those machines. Three wet rags later and I only now am able to make coffee and I can only hope it isn't soapy coffee.

All this over a goddamned roach. Y'know, if I were writing a fantasy about sentient, talking animals: guess who would be the slave race? The roaches. Guess who would not be trying to rescue them and champion for their liberties? EVERYONE! Yes, including the protagonists him/herself who would own and abuse one of the roach-kin him/herself. Roaches... What's the frickin' point of them!?

Cave Troll likes this.
  17. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Racist! Wait... Speciest!

No but seriously, effing bugs, man. I sold a chair to a neighbor and she then claimed she got bedbugs from it, but we don't have bedbugs, I went to insane lengths to investigate every nook and cranny, every suspect spot on the floor, the mattress etc. -- no sign of the little buggers. So I think if she really has them (she said her sister got a bite mark in the morning. Hello, it's summer, it could've been something else, especially when it's just one bite mark), she got them from somewhere else as she's constantly buying and selling shit, but I'm über paranoid she's told everyone in the neighborhood we have bedbugs. :bigeek::bigmad:

18. Cave Troll

@Link the Writer I remember when my mother was stationed in Germany, and my dad made up some weird cocktail of chemicals in a spray bottle that dissolved the roaches in the laundry room of the apartment building. Seems that the only effective way to get rid of roaches is to either step on them with a satisfying crunch or use house hold chem-warfare against those dirty little buggers. :p

19. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Actually, soapy water in a spray bottle works pretty well. The explanation that I've heard is that is covers their spiracles (breathing holes) with little tiny bubbles and suffocates them. I've read Very Smart People online explaining that it doesn't work, but I've used it successfully. The Very Smart People said the roaches don't actually suffocate, but in my experience, it slows and stops them enough for a boot/tissue/whatever to finish the job. Only works on direct hits though, not something you can leave for later.

Cave Troll likes this.
  20. Cave Troll

Infestation...Not anymore. :supergrin:
    Flaming House.jpg Problem solved.:supergrin:

21. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

In the UK we save our roaches.

Cave Troll likes this.
  22. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

What do you to the roaches in India, China, Africa, Ireland, Scotland, etc.?

matwoolf likes this.
  23. matwoolf

If I might be very serious,

We don't say 'roaches,' we say cockroach. Once, back in May a swarm of maybugs flew into the kitchen. I thought they were cockroaches - at the time.

And I am sorry to drag things down to gutter level, but a roach is the [dog]end of a joint. You all know that. So, if you're a young guy, the morning after the party, you can [could] roll all the roaches up into one foul smoke, and go back to bed. I read about this.

Solar, Crybaby and Cave Troll like this.
  24. matwoolf

Don't be down @CT. A year from now everything will be different. You just need to transition - towards the new job, the barbers, take out the ear ring, cut your nails, wear a shirt. Otherwise, you are a definite and handsome man - a catch for some beachwear model somewhere close-by to you. It won't be me, baby, but y'know I support the cause :)

25. Link the Writer

I'm a little worried that since I only have the initial versions of the PS4/X-Box One, I'll have to buy new systems to be able to play upcoming Sony/Microsoft games like Mass Effect: Andromeda...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.