The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Disappointed in myself, mostly. You'd think, with all the goals I set for myself six weeks ago, I would have accidentally accomplished at least one of them while procrastinating from the others, but no....

Tenderiser likes this.
  2. Mumble Bee

Mumble Bee Keep writing. Contributor

I used to get angry at myself, but all it got me was depressed. Now I get angry at other people; how dare Netflix get new episodes and keep me from doing important things?

3. VynniL

VynniL Contributor Contributor

Oh you are joking, @Chained!!! Is that what you are doing? Watching netflix when you should be progressing?! Now I'm not happy.

Mumble Bee likes this.
  4. Mumble Bee

Mumble Bee Keep writing. Contributor

Well, uh, you see, I was just trying to help a fellow wri- IS THAT A BIRD?

*runs away again*

VynniL likes this.
  5. VynniL

Run all you want, I know where your progress page is. *eye roll*

Mumble Bee likes this.
  6. VynniL

Who do you find handsome? Is there a handsome men here?

7. Miller0700

Miller0700 Contributor Contributor

Two things:

1. Bought a scooter off of Craigslist for $450 in order to get to work and school. I rode it home the same day I brought it, but it wouldn't run the next day. When I tried to get a refund for the bike, the guy I bought it from basically said he didn't want it back. Now I'm stuck with it. I soon found out that I can possibly trade it in for some money on a genuine scooter, but it's a Chinese scooter and the store in question doesn't deal in foreign scooters, but they were able to make an exception with me. I ordered a part that may get the scooter running on the 7th and I told them I could meet them when I have the part today, but it still hasn't shown up yet and the store closes at 5pm. I'm pissed because if I don't act soon the bike I want may go to someone else.

2. I decided to quit my job at FedEx due to the travel time and hours they want me in. Today I decided I wanted to stay because I needed the money until I find a closer job, but forgot to mention that to them. I flip-flopped on leaving and staying so much that I'm pretty much sure they're going to yell at me when I bring this up to them. I'm worried.

cydney likes this.
  8. cydney

cydney Banned

:( I'm sorry! I can identify with anything that has to do with work & trying to figure out a safe way to get there!

9. cydney

cydney Banned

For the life of me, I can't love football the way my daughter does! And AR's playin' even!

10. cydney

cydney Banned

A little bored. :(

11. Miller0700

When coming in through the back today the scooter prevented the garage door from opening. Stupidly, I shoved it up. That broke the latch and then the scooter fell over spilling paint on the floor. We have carpet in the garage, mind you, so it took me forever to clean it up and I still didn't get it all up. :bigfrown:

cydney likes this.
  12. cydney

cydney Banned

AR almost lost! BUT we're in overtime now - very cool move by Skipper #70!

13. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Both my dogs now have dandruff. This is bad.

VynniL likes this.
  14. VynniL

I'm meant to be lurking...but-but..wth? Dogs have dandruff?!

*googling*

15. Malisky

Malisky Malkatorean Contributor

When you are not confiding your problems, people assume that you are a happy person, strong and eager enough to house their misery. I know I sound vicious but I'm beat! I just want a care-free day. It doesn't have to be happy. Just one day would be enough.

Crybaby, VynniL and cydney like this.
  16. Aaron Smith

Aaron Smith Banned Contributor

I saw cancer today.

cydney likes this.
  17. cydney

cydney Banned

There's no hope for you so why not make all this less painful for ME!

:)

18. Aaron Smith

That's Platoon right?

cydney likes this.
  19. cydney

cydney Banned

Is it a quote from that movie? I don't know, to be honest. I was just trying to insert a little humor into my 'unhappiness'. I love that movie, btw. It's been a long time since I watched it. I just remember it being very realistic - to the point of depression almost. Very sad.

20. cydney

cydney Banned

I'm doing the best I can. :(

21. Aaron Smith

Nevermind, it just remined me of something I saw in a video.

cydney likes this.
  22. cydney

cydney Banned

I hate it when I can't ignore the obvious. Just makes me wanna give up. But not after wondering, what in the heck is wrong with this picture? :(

Cave Troll likes this.
  23. Miller0700

This story started last week. I needed some extra money to pay off some of my bills so I signed up for a one day job at a temp agency. The pay was $8.50 from 5pm to 5am. They wanted us to clean up trash in the Lincoln Financial Field. I was a bit hesitant, but the manager lady was a little bit of a smart-ass saying a 5 year old could do this job. I needed the money so I ignored it.

The working experience was absolute shit. We barely had any supervisors, like a total of 5 people, for the 50-60 people that were there and they didn't know what to do. They had us move back and forth from section to section by three different people and people were getting irked, myself included. When we actually began working the three supervisors we had got mad at people for not staying at the right section and for not putting trash and cans in the right bags they gave us. I felt if they had just told everyone what they wanted us to BEFORE we started working then everyone wouldn't have complained as much, but they never felt like doing it for some reason. And then there were the same few people who kept causing so much drama and tension because they refused to listen since they apparently knew everything. They even actually demanded that the supervisors go down and give them extra bags instead of walking up and getting them like everyone else was doing.

At the end of the 12 hours I was hot, tired, my feet hurt and I was dirty and I just wanted to get home asap. Cut to today and I was about to pick up my check when the manager lady said I didn't sign out so I could've left two hours in without telling anyone. I was honest with her and said I left around 5-5:30ish. When I tried to tell her that no one had told me where to sign out at and that I forgot to do so because I was in rush to go home from being tired so she refused to listen to me showing me all the other people who signed out and the few who didn't. She told me that she may not want to hire me again because "people like you think you're above the rules." After that I snatched my check away. She asked if I wanted to return and I flat out refused. I left without saying goodbye. No more temp agencies for me. I got three more interviews for three new jobs anyway this week and next week anyways.

24. No-Name Slob

No-Name Slob Member Supporter Contributor

I've been away from WF for far too long, and that makes me not happy in and of itself. But the reason I've been away is because I've been dealing with some rather crippling health mysteries, which are slowly and painfully being unraveled one puzzle piece at a time.
    What we currently know is as follows:
    A bout with what was diagnosed as kidney stones has triggered an autoimmune disease of some sort.
    What we currently do NOT know is also as follows:
    - which autoimmune disease I am battling
    - whether it is organ specific and attacking only my thyroid, or if it is systemic and my thyroid is being caught in the crosshairs
    - if I ever had kidney stones in the first place, or if I happen to have cysts in my kidneys along with the cysts that apparently live in so many other parts of my body, and the pain I experienced was just the beginning of an autoimmune process
    - when I'll stop feeling like a complete and total crapbag

So, there.

Missed you weirdos.

25. Crybaby

Crybaby Active Member

Manchester United lost again! To Watford!
    Why!!!! :supermad:

I know before you say it, I live in London, but in my defence I did drive through Manchester once and was a fan instantly :love:

Historical Science likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.