The Orb of Pyritus Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Love to Write, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Is this dragon to meet Jerty?

2. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

No. Dana and Drake aren't meeting Jerty. Another character of mine will be. We're still working on our post, but it's taking longer than expected because of our time difference so I posted the first part to encourage people to start posting again.

3. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

annnd Drake is going to get carried away very soon. But i could have Eve meet jerty.

im gonna have to make a book and an rp out of his story -jeez! Dragons of Hakon is nothing compared to the variety of dragons this world allows you to have.

4. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

The last post by Brandon was a collaboration post between him and I.

Keitsumah and Love to Write like this.
  5. Love to Write

This is my new character. She'll pop in from time to time, helping those who need it but mostly remaining in the shadow.

Name:
    Gypsy
    Appearance: http://www.amaranthdreams.com/goodies/wallpapers../gypsy_wallpaper_large.png
    She is wearing a brown and tan sleeveless dress that reaches her knees and matches her moth wings. The word Gypsy is embroidered on the shoulder of her dress in gold.

Personality: Luna is usually quiet, but her smile makes everyone feel at ease. She likes to flit around from person to person and just watch them with her large grey eyes.
    If there is danger she usually turns into a moth and disappears until the danger is past.

History: Gypsy is known as a moth child. Her kind live in the forests, of a Medieval world, away from the towns and castles. They are a quiet race. Rarely speaking unless absolutely necessary. Most of the humans wonder if they are any smarter than actual moths.

It is not uncommon for her kind to be captured and turned into pets or slaves for the nobles of this world, but not once have her kind protested enforcing the idea that they are only insects that look kinda human.

Powers/Equipment:
    In human form, Gypsy has a small pair of wings on her back, though whether they are for decoration or if they actually work is unknown. Her other form is that of a tan and brown moth about the size of a toddler's hand.

JessWrite likes this.
  6. Keitsumah

DAGNABBIT BATOS!

uggg.... okay i got a good idea for another char... can i have Eve just wander off while no one's looking? I did kinda get bored with her ignorant act.

I mean, dropping one of my main MC's with his infant daughter into this mix would be verrrrry interesting...:D

imagine a white wolf the size of a horse snarling like nobody's buisness while standing over a black puppy barely the size of your hand.

7. Love to Write

:D I likely. Send me your CS.

As for mine and Keit's last post: I thought this fit appropriately

8. Keitsumah

this is the first time im going to toy around with Shadii's character, so this will be fun.

also, (as a side note: this will not be put into the rp, just a funny tidbit aobut them) her series begins with Batos totally freaking out in the other room while keitsumah is having his twins. he nearly busts down the door during the first delivery. then when he finds out that he has TWINS, he nearly faints.

i had a good laugh when i thought of that. he is too serious for his own good.

9. Keitsumah

Okay guys expect a little delay on Batos's past as i have to condense SIX books into three paragraphs... :D

Name: Batos
    Species: Shifter/Imirri half-breed

Appearance(Human): Batos stands a good 6'2", with shoulder-length black hair and ice-blue eyes. He wears little more than plain blue leggings, a gold shoulder-plate with a red half-cape, and a belt and sheath for his sword, the Fang of the Moon, or Du Vrangr Luna. Three scars trace his left shoulder, and another "X" shaped scar spans his right hip.

Appearance(Half-Form): Batos's hair spikes up and grows longer than in his human form, while his fingers sprout black claws, and the whites of his eyes turn dark. Small fangs can also be visible.

Appearance(Wolf): Batos becomes a large white wolf with the same scars and eye color. He's around 5' at the shoulder in this form.

Appearance(Fourth Form): Batos activates his full power and becomes a large black, tan, and white werewolf. His main body is tan, while his belly is white, and he has a black mane and tail. In this form, his sword transforms into a bone mask with gemstone fangs that covers the upper portion of his head. Small blue flames also circle his head like a pair of eyes, giving him 360 vision. This is what has led many to believe that he is nearly invincible when in battle.

Personality: Grim, impatient, Batos is fiercely protective of his daughter and his only thought is to get back home to his wife and son. if anyone gets too close to Shadii, you are liable to get your head bitten off, literally.

History: Batos was born one of the twin princes to the Shifter throne alongside his brother Bibindoe. Though he was expected to become the Alpha after his father, Arrcafah laid favor for his younger twin. Why, Batos never understood until two years later after he saved a seemingly "human" girl from the clutches of death when his kind attacked a small village.

She was the Starshade, a being created to destroy the Shifters. Trained by the spirits of those who had failed in their task, Keitsumah had sworn to kill him. But when her powers were locked away by a Dark Spirit's shield, Batos protected her from his father. Suicidal, yes, but in the long run she came to trust him. Batos cared little for his own life, and after learning of the corruption that had flooded his kind in the form of the Dark Spirits, he couldn't help but join her for fear that the souls who should have been locked away forever in Distaeria would rise and seal their world in eternal winter.

That journey, and war, took over two years to finally finish, and now that peace has finally come to his world, Batos was able to start a family with Keitsumah. They have two kids: a daughter named Shadii, and a son named Zuko.

Powers/Equipment: Batos is a Shifter, so he can shape-shift and use his natural abilities there. His other abilities include his sword, which can heal all wounds, though the manner that it is used to heal is a bit disturbing. (You have to trust him completely otherwise you will end up impaled). The mask in his fourth form also allows him full vision both in front and behind, so no one can sneak up on him. Last, but not least, he can control your mind just by meeting eyes with you, unless you have been trained in the art of mental defense. His world is not one of real "magic" but of chaotic energies. In fact, you could say it is magic in it's utterly rawest form.

Name:
    Shadii
    Species: Imirri/Shifter crossbreed

Appearance (Human): Shadii is a small girl with black hair and bright violet eyes like her mother. Wearing a plain animal-skin dress, she can look a bit wild, but otherwise looks perfectly harmless but for the small, hooked claws at the ends of her fingers.

Appearance(Wolf): Shadii becomes a small black wolf pup with the same color eyes as when in her human form. At shoulder height, she stands only a little under a foot tall.

Personality: Shadii is a quiet thing, oftentimes just watching others. But when she does speak or do something, it's usually a cause for drama. Especially for her over-protective father. However, most of the time she simply doesn't even speak. She will simply look at you and "plant" the words or images in your head.

History: Shadii is the very first female Shifter to ever exist. This caused much shock and worry for her parents, but thus far she seems to be developing just as an ordinary male Shifter would, albeit with an unnusally strong mental capacity.

Powers/Equipment: Shadii has few abilities if any unlike her older and more experienced father, but if you anger her, her mind control abilities far surpass even the eldest of her kind.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  10. Love to Write

If there are no protests I will have a post up in a couple hours moving the group along to the next location.

11. Keitsumah

ill get working on my post as well to introduce these two

12. Love to Write

Riddle time! Put your guesses here. The person who guesses right will get to post the answer and lead the group to the next riddle which I will give them.
    There are seven riddles/questions in total which will get your characters through the maze. Some are easy, some are hard. Can you guys do it? :D
    If you need a hint, ask and I'll give you one.

13. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

A furnace?

14. Love to Write

I refer you to the rules posted at the entrance of the Maze:

The correct answer will either begin with a L, S, or R signaling which cross road to take.
    L for Left. S for Straight and R for Right.
    If the answer does not start with an L, S, or R it will not be the correct answer. Good guess though, Apprentice.

15. TheApprentice

Hmmm...I admit this is tricky

16. Love to Write

Yes. I gave you guys a tricky one right off the start.

17. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Let's see, it doesn't fall, and is burning. It probably means it's hanging off of something, and given the atmosphere, I'm thinking it's not something like a electronic light. Glass walls means it's not a torch... a lantern?

18. TheApprentice

Lanterns can fall though if you drop them

19. Love to Write

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner! Pm coming ur way.

20. Love to Write

I just realized that the riddle I gave you was really vague as it could be a lot of things, so here is an updated version:

I slip and slid unless I'm dry.
    And chase away the dirt and grime.
    I'm bigger when new,
    Grow smaller with use.
    You can find me anywhere in the world.
    Though I come in different shapes and smells,
    I'm still the same.
    What am I?

21. TheApprentice

An eraser.

22. Love to Write

I refer you to the rules posted at the entrance of the Maze:

The correct answer will either begin with a L, S, or R signaling which cross road to take.
    L for Left. S for Straight and R for Right.
    If the answer does not start with an L, S, or R it will not be the correct answer. Good guess though.

23. TheApprentice

Ok, forgot about that

24. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Is it a soap bar?

25. Love to Write

Impressive. Yes it is.