The Phoenix Colony Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Foxee, Jul 4, 2008.

1. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Note to self blind guy probably won't kill smith... Extra note laugh at blind guys Emo-ness (J/K)
    If he starts talking to a green fairy and making out with his sister i'm out of here. (LOL euro trip rocked)

2. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Actually the blind guy's got a plan.

3. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

A plan to kill smith... Jeeze even the blind guys after me. LOL

4. Bick

Bick New Member

I think he meant on getting us out of there :p

:rolleyes:

Poor Smith.

5. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

No think of the door on its side, like the edge of the door would be like

I I I
    I I I but now its like

_______
    I
    _______I
    I
    _______I

So what I did was pull the bottom one down, and the top one would be hanging at the end of its track, unable to go any further. Man this tipped ship physics is confusing, I had to read my own post several times to make sure it all made sense.

6. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Yippy escapy number one somehow did not see my passed out gaurd within sight of the door. But then again it's dark, so it makes sence. Time to wake up after all that cursing.

7. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Well Juan is free (at the low, low cost of one hand).

8. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

LOL he saved his @$$ literaly and figurativly. But man what a way to start of the game. I mean i thought a concusion was bad enough but no you cut off your own hand! Note to self no one is more Bad @$$ than Juan.

9. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Rotf!!!

10. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

HA most gaurds would say Halt, Identify yourself, or maybe even freeze, but no mine asks about the other prisoners.

11. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

Is your guard talking to me? I just want to be sure chad.

12. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

That's cause you are kinder, gentler guard .... which may not be a good thing here.

13. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

chickidy yup, he passed out as you opened the door, your cursing woke him up.

14. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

Alrighty, well...this is a good exercise for a control freak like me. There are some things I've mentioned (like the fact that the 'dangerous' prisoners are restrained far enough away from each other that they can't touch) that aren't being followed. I'm gonna let them go in the name of keeping the RP going.

However, PLEASE read and act on the information given in others' posts. For instance, now that Chickady has designed the door, that is the door design for the other side of the gallery (the wall that is now above the women's quarters) as well...don't suddenly have a hinged door or something. We are world-building with our posts so it is extremely important that we read and pay attention to what is written.

Other than that...Holy crap! Juan cut off his HAND! While there should not have been much in the way of sharp metal for him to get to I would never have seen that coming.

Juan - currently top bada$$!

(Wonder if we'll end up having a 'Bada$$ of the Day'?)

15. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Oops sorry Foxee.

16. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

LOL it dosen't even need to be voted on. He is that Bad@$$. In other news i'm waiting for Chichidy to clock my gaurd over the back of the head or help him out or ignore him. Or some random action i couldn't even predict. HAHA. I'm hopeing to help out the females get their actions going by opening up an escape route. (I'm going to say the keys where stored in the back of the ship just so i don't have to climb all the way to the front in order to free them once i make the opening.)

17. Bick

Bick New Member

Wait, we're freed then? xD

18. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Almost i'm trying to break through a damaged wall section but if chickidy doesn't help my gaurd ain't strong enough to pry it off, and i'll have to climb to the top and start with the men.

19. Foxee

Actually, you'd be climbing to the back to get to the restraints storage and control room.

If you are standing at the front...where the torn-off section of the ship is...you'd walk on the port gallery wall (now mostly floor) and up a slope to the tail of the transport. That's where the control room is and the anchors for all the 'dangerous convict' chains. That is why our dangerous guys are basically dangling to the side at the top of the wreck.

I know this is hard to visualize. Pick up a book and hold it flat in front of you. The back of the book is the tail of the ship, the front of the book is...well...the front. Left side of the book is the port side and right is the starboard. Gallery runs straight up the middle, right? Women's quarters on the left side of the book, Men's on the right. 'Minimal Risk' convicts' holding cell is to the front...'Dangerous Convicts' holding cell is in the back and they are attached to the back wall and maybe along the outside hull.

Now, take the book and tilt it sharply to the left...almost up on it's side. Now tilt it forward a little bit, too, so that the 'tail' is higher than the front. That's the position of the wreckage.

Help at all?

20. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

LOL I'm still closer to the back and hoping to pry off the weakened section. But ya i got my directions reveresed for a moment. It'd still be a challenge to get to the keys though but at least I could always blast the restraints off right? Beware of bouncing bullets.

21. Foxee

Hmm...if we were talking about metal restraints...yeah. But with the overlay of polymer you may not get much more than a scorched groove. Nice try, though. ;)

The only thing that I can think of that might get through the restraints are a bandsaw or slicing the polymer with sharp glass or something then patient work with a hacksaw.

I think you need the radio frequency controller. You can get one of the handheld ones (that allow you to only free certain locks) or you could go to the control room and release them from there.

Good luck.

22. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Hmmm .... who wants to volunteer to go first?

23. Bick

Bick New Member

./pokes chad with the radio frequency thing :rolleyes:

I'd rather not get shot at :p Even if it is trying him out... xD

24. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

LOL he works their so he'd know not to shoot it off. LOL. Nice and nieve but not stupid.

25. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

Damn sorry chad, the call of GTA4 is too great an allure for my weak will to resist, I've staved the crave for a little while though, so I shall get my ass to posting.