1. everdeenkatniss

everdeenkatniss New Member

The Revenant 2015

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by everdeenkatniss, Dec 25, 2015.

It's a key move (and another piece of sizzle) that transforms a maverick into a thoughtful family man. It additionally relaxes the story. Rather than another seeker for contract doing his bit to propel the economy one pelt at once, Glass turns into a sentimentalized figure lastly as much casualty as con artist.

From Davy Crockett to Kit Carson, the mountain man has long had a hang on the American creative energy and as of late showed up as Katniss Everdeen, the courageous woman of "The Hunger Games."

2. Acanthophis

Acanthophis ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Contributor

I now know less about the movie than beforehand. :p

Nicoel likes this.
  3. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

I have seen the Revenant (I would actually like to hear what all ya'll had to say about it) and I have no idea what the original poster is talking about.

4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

For whatever reason (a gal thing?) the plot sounds so uninteresting to me. A man seeking revenge, hasn't that been done to death (I made a pun :))?

5. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

Haha!

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole point being about revenge. I don't think I quite understood that it was about revenge, until the very end. He's left to die, and when he keeps trying to get back to civilization, I just assumed it was the drive to live.

Most of the movie was silent in fact, and the majority of the story was told through the actors actions. In that way, it was a great movie. Leo did an amazing acting job... Let's see if he finally get's the Oscar the internet wants him to have.

6. Euthymius

Euthymius New Member

It definitely had the most realistic bear attack I have ever seen in a film. Other than that, the film seemed to be much more focused on telling a compelling story rather than be historically accurate. In that way, it comes across as a spiritual successor to the movie Seraphim Falls, which has an almost identical plot.

Issues I had with the movie based on realism;
    1. During the bear attack, Glass (Leo) shoots the bear with his rifle, but the frizzen of his flintlock mechanism is clearly shown as being pushed open. This would make the weapon inoperable, and it would not have fired had he pulled the trigger.
    2. On several other occasions, Glass fires multiple shots over the course of a few seconds with his single shot flintlock pistol.
    3. The hand-to-hand fighting was very unrealistic, obviously focused on being dramatic rather than realistic.

These three issues really took me out of the movie, but I'm a historical weapons nerd. If you don't notice those things in movies, this will be a great watch. Other than these things, it was very enjoyable to just watch Leo crawl on his hands and knees for forty minutes.

7. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

I didn't catch numbers one and three, but I did get number two. I may not be schooled in historical weapons, but I do know basic, modern day weapons. I counted 8 shots with his pistol without a shot. Even if it was a modern pistol, I knew that wasn't happening.