Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonsterFan

MonsterFan New Member

The Right Agent/Agency To Contact For A TV Show Pitch

Discussion in 'Agent Discussion' started by MonsterFan, Sep 18, 2012.

A newbie here wondering which agent or agency would take an animated series pitch that I can contact. Plus another question; my pitch is about Godzilla and I want to protect my screenplay from being taken, but I don't know if that's legal since he is someone else's work.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

none...

agents can only shop around completed scripts... pitches can't be 'sold'... and even if you had a standard proposal for a new series to offer [they're quite complicated and must include several sample episodes and at least a half-season's worth of synopses, plus what's called the 'bible'], if you don't have a good track record as a tv writer, i doubt any agent would want to waste time trying to sell an unknown newbie and his idea to producers...

'godzilla' is a copyright and trademark-protected character, so to even have written a script about him without the copyright owner's permission can and most likely would result in you being sued for plagiarism, copyright infringement, and/or theft of intellectual property, if you show it to anyone at all...

so, no, it's not legal...

for any actual original scripts of your own, that you may write in future, you would register and archive their already existing copyrights with wga and/or loc...

i mentor aspiring screenwriters, so feel free to email me if you want more detailed info privately...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

This site does not allow endorsement of specific agencies or businesses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.