1. Moira

Moira New Member

How to...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Moira, Apr 7, 2009.

I want to start a group where a few local writers can get together to talk about their projects but I'm not sure how to start something like that. Is anyone else in a small support writing group? How did you start it? What all do you do in it?

2. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Contact your local library, maybe post in there. If there is a university or community college check and also advertise there. Some local bookstores might be a place to check and advertise as well. Along the way you might discover that there is already a group or two established.

Beyond that you might take a moment to check out one of my articles on crit groups before you dive in: Five Considerations Before Joining a Crit Group

Good Luck.

Terry

3. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

Most book stores already have active programs. Call Borders/Barns and Nobles/etc, ask them.

4. Dalouise

Dalouise New Member

Contacting libraries is a great idea, they may already have one which you could join and get ideas if you want to start a breakaway group.