The Sibling Thread.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SonnehLee, May 11, 2009.

1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Yeah, he passed away 3 years ago now. It is sad, but I have dealt with it and talk about him as much as I would if he were still here. Just because he passed doesn't mean I should stop talking about him or mourn forever. His life is one to celebrate and that is what I do :) (no need to feel sorry or sad about it, life goes on and he is never really gone because I never forget him, he is with us always!)

2. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I am very close with all my siblings. Not living with them really helps...lol

3. Torana

lol my sisters always compete with each other. It is amusing. I just stand back and enjoy the slow moving show. One of my sisters and her partner ended up getting a boat, so the other did too, so the first went and got two more boats and has now got rid of them... :rolleyes: so silly!

4. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I think I win the biggest family award...so far, at least.

[​IMG]

I don't have any recent pics, but here's one with us all lined up:

[​IMG]

From left to right, it's my older sister Amanda (24), me (23), Josh (21), Ashley (19), Krissy (17), Jacob (14), Karley (12), and Jonah (9).

5. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    good grief! you must get through alot of bread and milk each day.

6. Torana

Amanda looks like one of my friends who I've been friends with since I was 4 years old now. Reminded me I have to catch up with her for coffee one day... :p

THe photo of your family at the top is absolutely lovely, you must be proud to be a part of such a big and wonderful family, hiddennovelist. You look like the oldest though. hehe! Just cause you are so damn tall compared to the rest. :) (it also reminds me of my mothers family photo. Was 10 children...)

7. hiddennovelist

Yeah, it's weird shopping for just me and my fiance now that I don't live with my parents anymore. I always buy too much because I'm used to having more people to eat it...

Haha the funny thing is that most of them are now taller than me. Only the two youngest are still shorter, and I'm sure within the next couple years they'll have passed me too. I used to be so tall...

8. Torana

hahaha! My brother towered over me and I was always the tallest. Once he hit 15 he shot up and I stopped growing... :p

9. hiddennovelist

Yeah, same here! I used to always talk crap to my brother because I was so much taller than him, and then all of a sudden he shot up. Now he's almost a foot taller than I am. :(

10. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

my parents have told me for years that they expect my brother to be taller than me which is fine (he owes me a boatload of piggy back rides :p) but now they say that he actually wont be taller than me....its annoying....course he's still got a few years to go before the magical growth spurt since he's still only an elementry schooler :)

11. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

12. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

I have two brothers - one older by 2 years, one younger by 2 years. My younger brother and I have always gotten along very well and I see him + my niece and nephew quite often.

My older brother I saw for the first time in well over a decade last Christmas. I barely recognised him, which was weird. :/ But we still have a massive amount of things in common (except he had a tattoo on his shoulder of Christian Bale's Patrick Batemen - we disagreed about how well Mr Bale portrayed said character... but we agreed on our assessment of Heath Ledger's Joker. :p)

13. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

OMG! He is soooooooo cute! I just want to hug him!

14. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Bloody hell!

You have more people in your immediate family, than I do in my entire extended family!

Farrout brussel sprout.

Haha.

15. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

An oldish picture of my two younger sisters, after playing with a shaprie:
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/lordkyleofearth/CrissyandKathy.jpg
    And a (more)normal shot:
    [​IMG]

My twin brother Tommy circa Halloween 2006 (snakes on a plane):
    [​IMG]

My (for all intents and purposes) brother, Brian, and his lovely family:
    [​IMG]

And lastly Thanksgiving:
    [​IMG]

16. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I like Kyle's family. It looks very multicultural. I'm all about multicultural. :D

17. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

the two Indina guys in the thanksgiving pic are just a couple of friends. I'd gladly call B my brother, but alas, there is no relation.

18. hiddennovelist

Yeah, that's made planning my wedding ceremony kind of a pain in the a**. My fiance only has one sister, no brothers, and we were talking about having a private ceremony with just parents...then his mom chimes in with "well, if you're going to have parents come, why not include siblings and grandparents as well? And if they're going to come, why not have aunts and uncles?"

Uhh...because not only do I have more siblings than Joel has siblings, aunts, and uncles combined, but my extended family is just as big.

Just to give you an idea of how huge my extended family is...here are some of the people on my dad's side of the family.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Bernard Williams

Bernard Williams New Member

I am the only child of my mother and father. Apart from me, my dad has 3 biological kids, all from different mothers, and 2 stepkids. My mother and her new husband have 2 kids, and my stepdad has a kid from a previous marriage. I'm not picky, so I consider everyone of these people brothers and sisters. We are all extremely different, being raised by different people, being moved around, etc. Oddly enough, the one i get along the best with is my sister. She is My fathers step-kid from a previous marriage. I always liked her, but we have grown closer in the past year or so. She is one of two people I cantalk to about anything.

20. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

My Mom has two younger brother. My Papa has 2 older sisters and a younger brother. On my Papa's side we have only boys, except for 5 girls and that's including my sis and me and the daughter my aunt's husband has with his second wife. On my Mother's side we have only girls. NO boys AT ALL. But if I were to take a pic of my extended family. I'll have to go to the city park to take it.

In my close family however, it's just my sister and me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Needless to say, we don't look alike AT ALL. Except for the identical eyes--but hers don't look good with kohl, mine don't look good without kohl.
    We have just 1 year, 4 months and 17 days between us. She looks up to me, likes everything I do, copies everything I say or act like, dresses up like me, but tell her she does that, she'll deny that and say it's the other way round. Also she has this habit of saying she's older, only I beat her coming to Earth first. She's the total opposite of me in personality, shy and a prude to the core. She HAS to tell me everything she did this hour. And physically we look nothing alike at all. She's about 2 inches taller, has more curves than me, and is about two shades fairer. Oh and she has the perfect eyesight, has terrible grammer and tells me my writing sucks. She's always getting into trouble at school and I'm always having to bail her out, doesn't really have any friends and is quite used to scoldings and slaps from me. When it comes to her, my parents' usually step aside and let me deal. But inspite of everything we're really close to each other. Oh and yeah we fight a lot--proper fights, with hair-pulling and biting, etc.

Oh well that was a bit too much information I think. lol

21. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

Hey Neha--your sister has a similar smile to you. I bet that's one way you look alike, mannerisms etc.
    My sister is half a foot shorter than me and where I'm skinny, she's seriously overweight. I have light brown hair and freckles, she is creamy white with dark hair, and she has a beautiful photogenic smile. BUT: our voices and mannerisms, even after years seeing very little of each other because we live hundreds of miles apart, are the same. Funnily enough, if my brother was female, he'd be me. But with a much sunnier nature!

22. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Neha, you and your sister are both beautiful. I wish I had a sister I was close to.

My brother is two years younger than me, but our birthdays are just three days apart, so we usually celebrate them together. People ask if we're twins. We're actually both Geminis, and we joke that I'm the good twin and he's the evil twin.

23. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

Agreed.

My Sister is several shades darker than me and I'm white as a ghost. (She got her looks from my dad, I got mine from my mother.)

We're not close at all.

24. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

I have a pretty cool sister. She's just 2 years younger than me and we've learned to get along. Used to fight all the time though. :p

25. hiddennovelist

Same here, dude. Everyone in my family is tall, most of them are tan, and then there's me...short little white girl. And my sisters all of these flat, toned, beautiful abs, and I'm the one that got stuck with the little gut that I can't get rid of no matter what I do. Thanks a lot, genetics.