The Starshade's Legacy: Last of the Imirri

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Keitsumah, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

ignore

2. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Myrrhtide

Myrrhtide had thrown all the pots and pans on the floor and made a tremendous crahsing sound. Still, the sleepers at the inn had not woke up. Myrrhtide decided to take things into he rown hands. They would come eventually, she hoped, but for now it looked like it was up to her. Myrrhtide unsheathed her double-sided spear and slunk from shadow to shadow, creeping along the walls like a mouse, til she reached the front door. From there she followed Keitsumah's footsteps into the moonlit woods.

Her fox eye's gleaming liek gold coins, Myrrhtide peeked around a tree at Keit, who was standing in a clearing. A harsh cry from a raven filled Myrrh's ears; she looked up and saw a raven the size of a small dog perched on a nearby branch. Myrrhtide hissed like a peeved cat to make it leave. Strangely, the raven became quiet and clacked it's beak once. The prince...he comes, the raven's voice spoke into Myrrhtide's ears. Then the thing, whatever it was, opened its huge glossy wings and flew off into the night sky.

"Keitsumah?", Myrrhtide loud whispered to the girl, determined to forget about the bird. "What the hell are you doing out here? You have a warmbed inside. Why would you give up your warm bed, huh?"

3. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Perrin

The prince didn't object to his presence, so Perrin decided to walk with him. As they entered a clearing Perrins eyes widened. There was a human girl standing there, she didn't look like a threat but she could be bait.

"Milord might want to run now." He warned. His nose picked up the smell of another human close by. "There is another one in hiding. Even though you might not want to kill them, they ain't likely to show the same mercy." He stayed by the prince though, he wouldn't let another one of his friends die because of him running.

4. Keitsumah

Keitsumah + Batos; The Wall Shatters

Keitsumah did not hear Myrrhtide speak, and her eyes slowly glazed over as she spirit's murmuring rose, a breeze howling through the treetops. Batos reacted the same way, his massive paws somehow not leaving indents in the snow just like the girl's feet as they neared each other.

Children of Life, Children of Euthiria,
    Open the gate to the realm of Distaeria.
    The Ether remains between -not a wall but a line,
    You must bring back life from whence death has taken time.

Batos's muzzle curled and his hackles rose as a strange light glowed in his eyes, darkness suddenly sweeping the ground as light surged around Keitsumah. He halted, pulling back as if against a line, right in sight of the other humans.

She is oursssssss, Prince of Shiftersssss -Grant us our prizzzzzzzze! voices screeched and wailed in his mind, and the snow-white wolf opened his jaws and let loose a strange rattling noise between a growl and a howl.

5. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Marklin

The snow-white wolf opened his jaws and let loose a strange rattling noise between a growl and a howl.

The hatchet slid out of Marklin's belt and into hand. With an angry yell he sprinted forward and swung the gleaming blade at the shifter's throat. "Run child! I shall take care of this beast..." As he moved he caught a glimpse of the flute resting around the child's neck. She was the one. The one who would lead him to his destiny.

6. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Myrrhtide

Myrrhtide shivered when the wolf cried out. It was a bone-chilling sound that made the hairs on her neck and arms stand up. But she quickly composed herself and slipped her double-bladed spear from its harness. In three long strides, Myrrhtide was standing next to Keitsumah, spear held out defensively with both hands on the long shaft. "Keit, you are a young sprig, you should not be out here", Myrrhtide snapped, her yellow eyes blazing angrily. "You are not a warrior, it was not safe for you to go into the woods at night. Do you not have a brain in your skull?" As she spoke, Myrrhtide crouched low and spun her spear slowly, the tips of the blades glinting with moonlight.

"We are heading back, now", Myrrhtide growled.

7. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Perrin

With an angry yell he sprinted forward and swung the gleaming blade at the shifter's throat. "Run child! I shall take care of this beast..."

With one leap Perrin was in front of the prince. He used all his power to push the blade away from his ally. "Stupid humans. Gotta hand it to them though, they're good at protecting their own." Perrin was muttering under his breath. Then he looked up into the eyes of the raging human before him. As their gazes met, Perrin could feel the raw fury directed at him. He knew it would be pointless to confront the matter in a diplomatic way, he would still try though.

"We are not here to hurt you." He started. "We didn't even know you were here a moment ago. Please put your weapons down." A glance backwards at the prince told him the biggest danger to his diplomacy. "You must excuse his threatening behavior, he doesn't seem like himself tonight." He looked up at the armed humans pleadingly, standing between them and the prince.

8. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Myrrhtide

So, that's the Prince and that guy is his man slave, Myrhhtide thought, her brain working quickly. Does he really expect us to put down our weapons while that Shifter is acting all wolfy and growling at us like that?

"Your prince must back off first", Myrhhtide snapped back, still twirling her spear expertly. She cocked her head to the side and peered through her thick hair at the Prince, her yellow eyes glinting dangerously. She was like a wild animal, feral and unpredictable. "We will not leave ourselves open to attack", she added firmly. Her tall figure blocked Keitsumah from view.

9. Keitsumah

Batos + Keitsumah; Posession

Batos was not himself at all -Perrin had been correct. Something dark surged in the prince and he leapt back, his muzzle curled in a snarl. Shifting into his human form and crouching, digging his sharp nails into the ground, the boy looked up at the humans with glowing eyes.

One was blood red.

Evil cackling was incessant in his head, and he felt the darkness surge again, sending black veins across the half of his face beginning at the corner of his crimson eye. Blindness enveloped his vision. "Darrrrrk. Darrrrrrk. Something's in my head!" he growled, just barely able to form words. His body tensed as another wave hit him. Shifters could use mind control if they met eyes with a human, but never had a Shifter been known to fall under another of their kind's control. Nor was there another around besides Perrin.

The child born of shadow's scree . . . fall apart into destiny . . .

Batos's hair spiked and his ears grew pointed as he went into his half form. Growling, rumbling, making sounds that terrified even him, the prince raged a war within himself over his own bodilly control. Something wanted him to kill the girl -and it wanted her dead very, very baddly.

Keitsumah snapped out of her daze and blinked. The moment she saw the two Shifters she squeaked and huddled further behind Myrrh, "What? How did-"

"Get this thing out of my head!" Batos yowled, shifting into his wolf form. The lines had spread along his coat now, turning white hairs black. Snarling, growling, he shook his head from side to side as if to try to shake something off.

Somethig dark detatched itself from the prince and hovered in the air, glaring at the humans with blank white eyes. A nasty, tellow grin filled with broken teeth revealed itself.

Screeching, it dove at Myrrtide, its ghostly shape flickering to reveal azro claws as long as a man's arm.

10. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Myrrhtide

Screeching, it dove at Myrrhtide, its ghostly shape flickering to reveal razor claws as long as a man's arm.

Myrrhtide bared her teeth as the ghost creature came at her. Should I try to scare it off?, was her first panicky thought. Then she realized she didn't even know if her weapon would harm the thing, much less scare it off. So instead, she twirled around and pushed down Keitsumah out of the way. Myrrhtide continued the rotation til she was back facing the ghost creature, and she raised her blade to meet the thing's heart. If it was going to take her, it wouldn't get at Keit, too.

"Graaaah!", Myrrhtide screamed as shifted into a deeper stance. Out of the corner of her eye, she thought she could see the raven from earlier hovering in the sky, watching the battle...

11. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Wallace shook Mira to try and wake her up. They had slept in slightly. But he wanted to make sure she wasn't bothered by sleeping in. So he figured it be best to get her up. "Hey Mira you alive or what?" He asked scowling as he normally did. His scowl wasn't angry or anything just his waking up face.

12. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Mira yawned and slowly opened her eye's to see a very angry very tall looking shifter hanging over her. The memories of yesterday just weren't quite fast enough to stop her from yelping in fright and nailing him right in the kisser for the second time.

After an awkward moment her mind cleared and she gasped apologetically. "Oh...sorry, don't do that man, you nearly gave me a heart attack! Are, you okay?"

13. Kingtype

Wallace spit out blood and his eyes narrowed. Wallace let out a scream of rage and slammed his fist into the ground of tent destroying whatever items but have been in the way. He sighed in relief as he had recovered from his outburst. "Yeah I'm okay. Sorry about scaring you." He said breathing heavily but he was sincerely sorry.

14. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

"well good." She replied. "Now um, why did you wake me in such a manner? is something wrong?"

15. Kingtype

Wallace opened the tent and the sun shined through. "We slept in." He said stoically. He then stood up and began packing things. Wallace was a very on time kind of guy. Mira had told him she leaves towns earlier so that's what he had woken up for.

16. Keitsumah

Batos; The Clearing

Batos struggled against the malignant mind as it tried to control him. Darkness writhed and swirled in his vision, but it was a scent that caught his attention. Another Shifter.

The animal inside him tore against its bindings and found release as Batos let loose a feral howl that shattered the air, tearing at the ground around him as dark beings swarmed over his body. Dark shapes scattered and attacked Perrin and Marklin!

Meanwhile, the ghostly shadow loomed over Myrrhtide, and its grin widened.

Helplessssss human -tasssssty meal you'll make! it chattered, lunging at the woman.

Only to have a white fox with four tails sink its fangs into the monster's throat. Both burst apart in a cloud of black and white smoke in the same instant.

Keitsumah curled up on the ground, covering her head with her arms. She shook violently, begging silently for her brother. Something touched her shoulder, and she looked up to see a squirrel with a white pelt and and large violet eyes.

Guardians unite -stand and fight. it said simply with a child-like voice. Guardians unite -stand and fight. Then it faded away.

Something sapped across Keitsumah's vision and she stood up, energy surging through her veins. Her vision flickered and changed until the world was nothing but black, grey, and white. White being the ordinary humans and Shifters, white being the strange animals defending and helping her, black being the demons who were attacking.

Her necklace glowed and the girl's eyes turned silver. "Fight. Stand and Fight." she breathed, and the sun began to rise a little faster it seemed, its rays burning a barrier over the clearing, but it would take another few minutes before it had banished the darkness completely.

But with the white wolf continuing on writhing and scratching at his head, snarling as if he had gone mad, it would be a miracle if they could just last that long.

17. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Perrin

"Shit." That was the first of many whispered curses coming from Perrin. The dark being surged towards him but Perrin could see his new friend fighting an inner battle behind it. He took a deep breath and charged. Right before impact he jumped to the side, feeling the dark form passing him by inches. He didn't know whether it would come back for him, but he knew that the prince would be likely to lose his battle if he fought alone. Perrin finally reached the prince. Despite the risk, he transformed as well. He reached out to grab hold of the half man - half wolf. He pulled him close, as if hugging him. Then he did the only thing he could think of, he pressed his forehead against the forehead of the prince.

"Don't let it take control of you. You must fight it with all your might." He knew this would have consequences but he couldn't care less. "You are not alone. Fight for those who need you. Fight for what you believe in." He knew the dark form was coming for him but he also knew that the prince would kill all of them, if he lost control. He closed his eyes as the last whispering words left him. "Fight for friendship and peace."

18. Keitsumah

Batos; The Clearing

Peace . . . Peace . . . I need to . . . fight . . . Batos gradually stopped shuddering as the darkness screeched in dismay, light flooding his mind. Casting it away as sunlight filled the clearing, the prince shifted into his full humanoid form and sagged with exhaustion.

He shivered then and looked over his shoulder in the direction of the camp, sensing something but not able to put his finger on it as his red eye turned back to blue. There was something odd going on . . .

Standing, he exhaled and released a cloud of fog that was torn apart by the light breeze. Even though he wore no thick coat to cover his torso, his high body temperature kept him warm in even the bitterest of nights.

"I don't know what happened, but I can promise you i meant no harm. Something . . . led me here." he said, his brows coming together in confusion as he tried to straighten out his own scattered thoughts.

19. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Myrrhtide

"I don't know what happened, but I can promise you i meant no harm. Something . . . led me here."

Myrrhtide didn't know what this wild man was gibbering about. "Do not get any closer", Myrrhtide hissed. All she knew was that this guy had been about to attack them earlier. She wasn't as quick to forget as most. But she put away her weapon, although she did stay in front of Keitsumah. "You need to deal with your own demons", she added testily. Glaring at him with her yellow eyes.

20. Love to Write

"I don't know what happened, but I can promise you i meant no harm. Something . . . led me here."

"Ha!" Marklin laughed harshly. The girl beside him had stupidly put away her weapons though she appeared to be trying to protect the child. "A promise from a shifter...I'm as likely to trust that as the word of a babe. No, even less so." He spun his hatchet in his hand. It's blade seemed to thrum for the blood of the shifters before him. Something though, held him back. He didn't care much for his own life, but there were women and children beside him...and if standing down meant ensuring their saftey, then it was wiser for him not to attack. At least at this moment. Though the shifters were now in human form, they were still a danger.

Ironic, the only thing saving the lives of these shifters is the fact I'm trying to protect the lives of this woman and child.

21. Keitsumah

Keitsumah and Batos; The Clearing

Keitsumah peered around Myrrhtide, eyes wide as she took in the Shifter. He was easilly a head taller than her, and with ice-blue eyes like that she thought he might scare his own kind let alone a human.

Batos stifled an irritated growl and turned towards Perrin, "Beleive it or not, it was the truth." he told the humans, holding Marklin's challenging glare. An ironic smile crossed his lips then, "We may look less threatening in our human forms, but i can assure you we are equally as dangerous as in our wolf forms."

"Let's go." he told Perrin as he shifted and they loped away towards the camp. The two wolves soon vanished amongst the trees.

Keitsumah stepped from behind Myrrh, looking towards where they had gone.

"Do you think they'll come again?" she asked fearfully.

22. Love to Write

"Do you think they'll come again?" she asked fearfully.

"Of course they will." Marklin replied without hesitation. "And they'll come back with a pack large enough to raid the entire village." He slipped his hatchet back in his belt and turned towards the village. "We should get back and warn the others. There may yet be time to set up an ambush for those vermin."

23. Keitsumah

Keitsumah; Clearing to Village

Keitsumah swallowed and followed the others back to the village, and Ardoway burst out of the inn.

"Keitsu!" he choked out as she ran to him, enveloping her in his arms.

Batos; Clearing to Camp

The prince slowed to a walk as they came within sight of the campfire.

"Not a word of this to anyone." he hissed at Perrin, and the two wolves laid down at the edge of the trees, avoiding notice from most of the Shifters. The others just glanced once and went back to sleep, even as the sun rose still higher. For the moment, they were all just focused on resting up for the raid.

24. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Myrrhtide

Myrrhtide did not understand these people. How could they not have heard all the pots Myrrhtide had knocked on the ground? If even a hat dropped in the inn, Myrrhtide would have been up and ready to defend her life. Did they not know what it meant to be afraid of everyone, of everything? Were they that sheltered and protected?

"Keitsumah, you need to care for your life", Myrrhtide snapped, breaking up her cheery reunion. "It was fool-hardy to go out into the woods without telling someone, and without a weapon." Myrrhtide's voice faltered a little when she said "weapon". This girl may not have had any obvious weapons on her, but that necklace of her's did have an alien, unnatural glow. Was it some kind of weapon that Myrrhtide didn't understand? All Myrrhtide knew was fists and blades--could this tiny girl be some sort of witch, like Myrrhtide's dead mother? No, she is not, Myrrhtide thought fiercely. My mother was evil. She used potions to poison and manipulate others. This girl has not showed herself to be like that.

"You are not simple in the head, so act like it", Myrrhtide growled, then stomped into the inn.

25. Keitsumah

Keitsumah; The Inn

Just as Myrrh stepped inside an explosion of light and cold air knocked her back outside and across the ground several feet before she came to a stop against the wall of another house.

"Bah- Ardoway I tol' ye that ye missed one-" Gunthran poked his head outside and his eyebrows rose, "Ah -my apologies miss. There was.. ah..." His eyes blazed silver for a moment and he wiped at his face, looking more tired and ragged than ever before. Not only that, he looked to have aged ten years in one night. Now his beard was snow-white and his body seemed frailer.

"Well, are there any more?" Ardoway asked, his silver gaze turning flinty as he drew a dagger from his belt. Its blade pulsed and glowed -made of the same gemstone as Keitsumah's necklace. Gunthran shook his head and dissapeared inside.

Everyone stepped inside, and they were met with quite a sight. Ice coated the walls and floor, and jagged shards lay scattered about as if something had broken free of an icy cage.

"I'll get rid of this all..." Gunthran mumbled, waving a hand, and the ice simply... vanished.