The Tarnished City (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by halisme, Oct 29, 2015.

1. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Okay, good, like I thought. Thanks for the clarification.

2. Inks

Inks Senior Member

I swear Mixine has not been following Vetiver for 3 days unless we stepped into a time warp. Mixine had two chances to notice it and last night was the first and this morning Mixine really did not interact with Vetiver or get a chance to see the snake come and go before the little tiff. Though if Vetiver really ever pisses her off, the snake might get it.

3. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

lol, that would be fun to watch

4. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    I'd rather you didn't kill the snake. That would just turn into an all-out mage battle and distract us from our mission. And considering that Mixine is still exhausted from all that lightning (Im assuming), she would probably lose.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  5. Inks

Inks Senior Member

She's not going to fry it... guess the joke was not that obvious. :D

Mixine respects life so much that she would not kill Vetiver even if he was to physically attack her. So I do not think you have much to worry about. Mixine's power is to produce electrical charges, it is honestly the only magic capability she has. Completely untrained, she brute forces everything by using it. If Vetiver ever gets a cleaning spell in on her, chances are that her clothes will disintegrate.

Mixine cannot produce magical fire or levitation or anything fancy. She uses an oil bottle and zaps it to start fire when she needs to. The only way you can call her a "mage" is because she has magical power, but she would fail to move objects that Acai can lift. Such feats really annoy her because she does not understand how it works. She carries her gear not because she wants to, but because she does not know any other way.

6. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Um, Merrique didn't give Jade "a look". She just smiled a little less, and only for a second.

7. The-Crow-Goddess

The-Crow-Goddess Member

I seem to always pop up when shit is about to go down.

8. Inks

Inks Senior Member

Vetiver: "I'm not your servant." :superlaugh:

9. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

oops.. got it, Ill edit my post. Doesn't really change much except Jade has no idea what's coming for her

10. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

@Inks, lol glad I could make you laugh. :p

11. Inks

Inks Senior Member

Just realized Selez is Selzec... oh my stupidity.

12. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

"It was a bit late, but it lend credit to the idea that Vetiver would stay from danger and let others fall into the traps of this place whenever possible."

Ok...it's official. Mixine is certifiably insane. Vetiver has never stayed away from danger and let others get hurt. She is literally in another universe, lol.

13. Inks

Inks Senior Member

Mixine still thinks Merrique is pregnant with Vetiver's child... you think she has a firm grasp of anything at this point? Just because she has not said about her conjectures does not mean that they are all perfectly logical and such.

14. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

All I know is, if Mixine continues to bad-mouth Vetiver every chance she gets...sooner or later he's going to set her tent on fire, or worse. Anybody would be driven to the breaking point by someone constantly calling them names. Right now, he doesn't want to fight Mixine because he thinks it is simply beneath him, and because Merrique would probably think badly of him, but a man can only take so much.

15. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Merrique might be the peacekeeper, but I don't think she would begrudge Vetiver if he snapped because Mixine continues to berate him. And I don't think Jade would try to protect Mixine if they got into a mage duel, either.

16. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Can we hold off the fighting till I get someone popcorn. I barely have to do anything and the characters are already at each others throats. I get the feeling they're never going to get to the aerie.

17. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Hey...I'm just trying to move the story along, lol. Merrique ain't got problems with nobody. Jade has a problem with Merrique, but Merrique is letting it slide, for now...he he.

18. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Vetiver isn't gonna fight anybody, not right now, anyway.

19. Inks

Inks Senior Member

Mixine and Vetiver do not mix, but this is because of a very simple power struggle that Mixine wants resolved. It sort of eats at her because she is overly cautious of her surroundings to the point of jumping at shadows. She wants to see a capable leader to be under, but Vetiver is the only person trying to fill that role. His actions also go against Mixine's good senses.... so it is really predictable that she sees it as a standoff.

20. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Marcus trying to figure things out. A glimpse more into backstory with Henry. Going East to find the Ring. We have a plan. Also, exciting tension in the group. I'm liking how this is going so far, and excited to see what's going to happen.

21. Inks

Inks Senior Member

Well, Mixine is beyond her emotional limit and got her mask back on, let's grab the ring before the monsters come out to play in the mist. Haha.

22. The-Crow-Goddess

The-Crow-Goddess Member

Yes...a LOT of tension, haha. I've never played an RP with such complicated relationships between all the characters. Also, is Mixine going crazy??

23. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

To me it seems like a split personality that acts as a coping mechanism, or as a way of doing things that she doesn't want to do but that are needed.

24. The-Crow-Goddess

The-Crow-Goddess Member

The part about the alter ego taking over is the part that freaked me out a little. I guess with her creepy mask, I keep getting reminded of that movie The Mask with Jim Carrey. That scene at the end where he's trying to rip the mask off his face, but it doesn't want to come off...still haunts me to this day. Lol.

And I just posted my first collab. ;)

25. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    The Mask../are you for real? I forgot about that movie, lol. And yeah, it was kinda creepy. Mixine's mask reminds me of that episode of Goosebumps where the girl puts on a mask for Halloween and she can't take it off and she's running through the graveyard crying.