The Tarnished City (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by halisme, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Inks

Inks Senior Member

By most marks, Mixine really is insane. And yes, she actually introduced herself as Mix when she was still really Mixine. I gave hint about two weeks ago that Mixine really does have a split personality and that she had irritated it by some act: "...[she] tossed the smiling white mask to the rear basket, the other personality attached to it mocked and insulted her until it left her fingers."

Concerning the standoff with Duke Selzec, Mixine also reflected on it, "I hid myself from the outside world. Brother dealt with people since I never was any good at it."

I do not want to spoil everything, but it should be easy to see how the witch's mask serves as a fitting way for it to manifest when you take a look into the backstory. Halisme is very much right and I have not really given it all away yet.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

I'm just good at getting in the head of characters. I've already got my own theory on why.

3. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Oh I thought the same thing as Halisme, I was just saying what the mask reminded me of. There's also an episode of Twilight Zone where this dad has three evil children and he gives them each a mask and makes them wear it whenever they act up, and when he dies they can't take it off. There is really something scary about not being able to take off a mask.

4. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Well... I'm liking Mixine as a character. She's certainly interesting, and believable, too. Has her own unique perceptions and assumptions, sometimes wrong... Good job Inks.

Meanwhile, Marcus seems pretty normal... but with a backstory that is incredibly important to his character that will be slowly hinted at throughout the story. It will heavily influence his actions towards his new companions... a lot. He's very smart, clever, and reasoned, most of the time.

5. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    If only he would jump into action at some point, lol.

6. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

No one has noticed Vetiver talking to his snake yet. I thought someone would have asked if he was crazy by now. But I guess next to Mixine he doesn't stand out that much, he he he.

7. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

ok, if you guys continue with the jadey lady thing, one of the characters is going to die... lol, I wonder if it would become a gag in this roleplay

8. BrandonrockstheAM

Does the ring do anything if you put it on? Is Marcus making the right choice to be really cautious? Makes me wonder what would happen if he would put it on, though he would never do that.

9. Inks

Inks Senior Member

More suspicious of the bug than the ring.

10. BrandonrockstheAM

I'm thinking it's more symbolic than anything, but I could be wrong.

11. Inks

Inks Senior Member

That sounds like final words to be inscribed upon a character's tomb... anyways there are several decent reasons for Mix to focus on it. If it is harmless, so what?

12. BrandonrockstheAM

Hah... that's funny... that'd certainly be an interesting way to die... anyway. We'll find out soon, won't we?

13. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

On the last page, Vetiver literally closed the coffin and said,

Ok, lets go. Lead the way, Jadey Lady.

So I don't understand why she's accusing him of standing around staring at the dead body, unless you forgot my last post or something.

EDIT: And everyone else had their turns posting about their characters' reactions to the corpse. They weren't loitering either.

14. Inks

Inks Senior Member

Actually... we did not.

Vetiver inspected the corpse along with Jade. Then he waved his hand and the lid flew back onto the coffin, neatly covering the horrific remains.
    At that point Brandon, Erik and I had yet to make a post about the corpse since the lid came off. Though Merrique was delayed, I read it as Vetiver really trying to press on with Jade and did not think too much of it since over 24 hours had passed.

15. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Well, ya can't wait for other people to make decisions. Vetiver said lets go and told Jade to lead the way, she could've just started walking. But Marcus got his ring (I think), so right now I think we're waiting for Halisme to say what happens now that he has it on. So there's no rush.

To be fair though, I don't think anyone fully read my post or they would know Vetiver had closed the coffin already and they wouldn't be walking up and looking at it, lol.

16. halisme

I just assumed ink's character had moved it. It's a block of wood, not exactly difficult.

17. Inks

Inks Senior Member

Hmm, I actually had started the post when Vetiver's came up and tried to interact within the time frame, but I purposely left it more ambiguous to prevent a squabble over it. My reading, right now, is that we are waiting on Marcus to reveal it is not the ring from the vision. So we are not really waiting on Halisme for plot advancement, but that does not mean possible punishment for this act if the ring really was cursed.

edit: Fixed.

18. halisme

It's the wrong body unfortunately. I'm waiting for either a corrected post or should I just post saying it's the wrong ring?

19. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Wrong ring. Thats much easier, lol.

20. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

oh, so really it's my bad. I read the part where Vetiver says lead the way, just didn't realise the others were rewinding the timeline, so it seemed like we finished everything there needs to be done, and then the others messed around the body some more.

21. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

NTS, read the posts slower

22. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Jade's nickname: Jadey Lady, or Fierce Warrioress.

Mixine's nickname: The Tent, or Tent Thing.

Vetiver's nickname: Everyone seems to refer to him as the Tall Sorcerer, lol.

Merrique's nickname that @Bewitched gave me: the Lady Sorceress.

Acai's nickname: Peasant Boy, or just the Boy.

Now Marcus just needs a nickname...any ideas?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  23. The-Crow-Goddess

The-Crow-Goddess Member

Acai used Merrique's ring for the first time. I hope you guys don't mind getting a little dirty. :DAnd we should call Marcus something like "Mister Brooding". He's always thinking and judging every situation. Whenever I miss a couple post, all I have to do is read @BrandonrockstheAM's most recent post and I'm all caught up, hahaha.

24. Inks

Inks Senior Member

Halisme, are those daggers still in the square? Mix has a desire to claim the weapons and will attempt to gain any usable metal or long-reach weapons that present itself. That little metal rod of Mixine is insufficient since it actually reduces the effectiveness of Mixine's magical power.

25. halisme

Sure, they're still there.