1. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

Rottweiler Cafe

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Felipe, Jan 16, 2012.

At three weeks they are barking, growling and eating solid food.

[​IMG]

2. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Good for them. :)

Are you a dog breeder?

3. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

We are pet owners, we love both of the parents and did choose them carefully. We knew they would throw good pups and they sell for a minimum of $700.00-$650.00. Puppy mills are sadly, everywhere and Rottweilers are prone to hip problems so we will only let her have one litter a year. I work out of town and come home every other day, it's nice to know several hundred pounds of Rottweiler are protecting my wife and home.

4. Spiderfingers

Spiderfingers Member

They look sweet at this age x333 I don't know if it's true for all Rottweilers - as in a genetic thing - but since they're so famed for being aggressive (and it looks like they grow up quick), won't they be a real handful once they get a big bigger, particularly such a big litter?

5. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

It sounds like you're really responsible. :) I'd just advise you to carefully screen potential buyers of the puppies. Unfortunately, there are far too many people out there who think pets are disposable the minute they become inconvenient.

Those are really cute dogs. Rottweilers are a really beautiful and dignified breed, and yes, they make excellent guard dogs.

6. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

They were bred to aggressively protect your property and are classified as a working breed. Once I or my wife let you in the gate you are fine, but you had better not try to walk in alone, which is exactly why I chose them. Rebel, the male, is hands down the most intelligent dog I have ever had. He learned to fetch the first time I threw a ball, it was instinctive. But once 5 adults were talking in the living room when the baby dropped it's bottle. Rebel took the bottle in his mouth and offered it back to the infant.

They have been unfairly portrayed as being vicious, which they can be if the need arises. Every devil show that has a dog it's a Rottweiler with red eyes. But they can be very loving, faithful dogs. Ours follow us from room to room when they are in the house.

7. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

The $700.00 price tag eliminates a lot of the riff raff, but my wife is so strong minded that if she gets a bad feeling about a person, she will not sell one.

8. Mark_Archibald

Mark_Archibald Active Member

No tails? Are they born like that or snipped?

9. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

Tails docked and dew claws removed at day 6 and that was late, they want them on day 3.

10. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

I'm closing in a horse stall with chicken wire for them. That way they can get some sun and fresh air and poop on hay giving my poor wife a break. We had two good size mixed breed pups disappear either to a red tailed hawk or owls which abound here.

11. RusticOnion

RusticOnion New Member

Wow Felipe, they look adorable. We just had a litter off 11 Spanaliers (Cocker spaniel x Cavalier spaniel) still haven't open their eyes yet.

12. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

My poor wife has her hands full. It was 28 degrees here this week but even if not, we would not have the pups outside exposed to parvo until they have their 2 rounds of shots. She is on constant poop patrol and the mother dog is not eager to feed all 10 of these little monsters as they feed very aggressively. Couple the poop scooping with blending puppy chow, mixing in soft canned puppy food and sprinkling synthetic mother's milk on it, my poor wife is worn out and another litter is on the way from another one of our dogs but these will be lovable mutts. A mix of Husky and Pitt Bull.

13. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

You should hire a dog-lover to look after them, Felipe! 8D That's what I did for a fellow neighbor a few times in the past, only they were going on vacation and just wanted me to feed and walk their dog.

14. CH878

CH878 Active Member

Glad to hear it, you can't just let animals go to any home willing to pay.

15. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

A man called, "We are still mourning the death of my son's dog. He ran from house to house, everyone fed him and he got ran over."

Meaning.. "We don't have a fenced in yard, don't feed our dog enough and they get hit by car."

No dog for him.

16. CH878

CH878 Active Member

Some people just don't have a clue when it comes to animals. We'd love to have a dog, but our lifestyle just doesn't suit it at the moment, so we haven't got one.

17. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

We normally have 5 but with the pups....15.