The Ultimate Sin?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ferret, May 20, 2007.

1. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

That is one thing you need now worry about. First and foremost, I am a scientist. I am currently a Software Engineer, but I started out as a Research Chemist, and I have a strong background in Mathematics and Physics.

But as a scientist, I embrace the importance of questioning everything. Even the most concrete physical sciences are founded on assumptions derived from observations. The greatest revolutions in science come when those asumptions are revised or refined.

In any event, I appreciate your debate on this, whether we choose to call it a religion or not. These are fundamentals of human philosophy, that shape every aspect of a person's priorities and moral alignment.

2. Onoria Westhrop

Onoria Westhrop New Member

At last we agree on something. It's been good to have a real debate about something we don't agree on without descending into flaming. I think it demonstrates the possibility of intellectual exchange on the site, and commend you on the way you conducted the debate.
    It's been fun, I hope we can disagree again soon!