The Vista Upgrade.

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Raven, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Raven

Raven Banned

Should be once service pack two irons them out.

2. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

yeah, looks like I've found something to look into.......I'll disassemble Vista encodes fo analyse tomorrow....

3. Raven

Raven Banned

Kool have fun in doing so.

4. JMStone

JMStone Member

I absolutely love Vista, haha. I haven't had any problems running it so far. It's on my new laptop that I purchased for college back in August and runs just as quickly as the XP desktop we have at my house. -shrug- I know a lot of people have had problems with it, but I'm luckily not one of them. XP was more user-friendlys but it didn't take me long to get used to Vista.

5. Raven

Raven Banned

Well truth is Vista's like all things we have to get use to change. t will grow on me but At the moment and until service pack 2 I'll be booting up on my Xp drive mostly.

Thought right now I'm in Vista Ultimate. lol go figure.

6. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

You shelled out for ultimate and aren't even using it? ...why? :confused:

7. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I heard that Vista is being scrapped cause it's ****e. I play The Sims as well and it doesn't run well with Vista so i'm just gona stick with XP.

8. Banzai

There's no way Microsoft will scrap something they've ploughed that much money into.

9. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Hmm. You're right. They would be too embarressed. But they will probably come up with something else as well. Cause apparently a few people aint that happy with it.

10. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    I'm sticking with XP I've heard back things about vista

11. Neha

I'd advice you to stick with Xp too Gloomkitty.....the personalization and folder stuff's kool, but the processing sucks........and so speaks a to-be-pitied Vista user.

12. JMStone

JMStone Member

Vista isn't bad if you get it with the right computer, like someone else mentioned earlier in the thread.

Vista was a really good idea, it's just too powerful for a lot of machines to handle. So you need to buy a more powerful one- only problem is that the more powerful a machine you buy, the more expensive said machine will be.

With that said, Vista runs fantistcally on my HP pavillion laptop and I got a great deal on it ($900 alone, $1300 with the warranty i bought). You just have to look around =) - But for now, stick with XP only because you're less likely to have issues with it!

13. Neha

I knew I should have got an HP system instead.......I mean it's even cheaper than my laptop...I could have easily got the HP for four grands, and the Lenovo I'm stuck with costs six grands!

14. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

ouch

15. JMStone

JMStone Member

Excuse the ignorance on my part, but do you know how much that translates into for US dollars?

haha, I assumed you meant 4,000 and 6,000 dollars. However, I then noticed you're from India so I'm very wrong!

Either way, it just sounds like a lot of money =\. You'd think computers would be more affordable seeing as they are slowly becoming a necessity for families across the globe -shrug-

16. Neha

grands as in 40,000 and 60,000....and in dollars that would be...um...the HP system would've cost me around 1500 +- some US dollars...and the Lenovo one cost me, around 2000 + some US dollars....now that I come to think of it........that sounds cheap *shrugs* but what do I know......

17. JMStone

JMStone Member

-whistle- well, damn. That's a bit more pricey than the one I bought, but with the warranty it came to US$1,300 so it's not too off.

My college loan took care of it for me so I don't have to pay it back until my lump sum haunts me for 20+ years, 4 or 5 years from now. -winces in pain-

18. Neha

Oh.......mine comes with a warantee of three years......no strings attached.......

19. Banzai

I'm getting a HP Pavilion. Can't wait til it arrives :)

20. Neha

Lucky You Banzai......I can't wait till the 12th of next year....I'll get a written promise for an HP laptop, and I'll get the REALLY expensive one....I'll probably though have to get a good perci for that...*shrugs*

21. JMStone

JMStone Member

Neha - Lucky... Here they tell us one price and then in very fine print at the bottom they mention that if we want a warranty, we have to cough up more moola =(

Banzai - I love mine a lot. Best investment I ever made- be careful with the fan though. I had to get it replaced because I bumped it lightly on something and one of the blades broke. That's true with any laptop, I guess. If you plan on keeping it running almost all the time (which is what I do) I'd suggest buying a cooling pad for it so you don't wear out the fan. They work really well and you can buy them at many places.

22. Banzai

Yeah, I was considering that. I used to have major overheating problems with my current laptop, and although it doesn't overheat any more, I think its that which has led to its god-awful state at the moment.

23. JMStone

JMStone Member

Haha that's how I fried (no pun intended... I'm so clever haha) my old one. It was on all the time and the fan pretty much said, "You know what, Jen? You can kiss my hard drive a**" And it died. =( It was a sad part of my life. I hadn't invested in a flash drive at that point and I thought I'd lost all of my writing X.x - Luckily, and oddly, it came back to life after being shut off for 5 months. I guess it needed a long time to cool down.

So yeah, the first thing I purchased for this laptop was a cooling pad and it's never over-heated!

24. Neha

My laptops toh seem to have a problem with their chargers.....the one year I use them, I change at least two-three chargers...........but it's probs cos my sis uses my charger for her system....I don't have a heating prob though.....

25. Banzai

Might I ask what model Pavilion you have, JMStone?