The Vista Upgrade.

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Raven, Apr 14, 2008.

1. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Vista runs fine on my PC. It helps if you remove all the meaningless menial programs that pop up with it, like the updater, the calender, and the clock and stuff. Set those off (The option is there somewhere but I forget where) and you free up more processing power than you'd expect.

2. JMStone

JMStone Member

Neha- I've had chargers break on me before. It took me a long time to find a replacement as well because it was an old model.

Banzai- it's the Pavillion Entertainment dv2000

3. JMStone

JMStone Member

I didn't know I could shut off the calendar and clock!? That is fantastic to know. I need them on while I'm living on campus because none of the clocks around here are ever correct, but that's good to know for when I go home

4. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

I have more problem on the low virtual memory department than the processing......Even though I had my memory doubled, still it's like real low......!!

5. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Nice. The one I'm getting is the Dv9655. It's pricey, but I'm looking forward to the umph of the processor, and the memory :)

6. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I have my clock down in the little corner like in XP. All those little boxes that hang around on the right side of the screen can be closed out and set so they don't come back unless you want them too.

7. JMStone

JMStone Member

Memory is awful to deal with. It's better now than it used to be though. Haha, I remember when I was younger trying to play the first Sims game on my computer, it would run out of memory... It simply could handle the Sims -shrug-. Very disappointing. Computers have come a long way since then.

Wow I just made myself seem old... Lol, that was only 6 or 7 years ago!

8. JMStone

JMStone Member

Most definitely. - Are you getting Vista with it?

Oh... haha sorry blonde moment (this coming from a brunette... sorry blondes of the world!) I always get rid of the sidebar. To me, it is useless. I thought you meant the one in the corner lol

9. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

lol. Yeah I can't tell you how many Vista-Disenters I've met who don't realzie Vista runs better without the clutter of the side bar. Whenever the Vista talk arises I make sur eto bring it up.

EDIT: YOu probably can turn off that clock int he croner though. I've never tried cause its my main clock in my room but I'm sure there's a way.

10. JMStone

JMStone Member

I have to go for now though! - I have an appointment with my advisor for next semester and it's lunch time!